Emotiva Announces Price Hikes Due to China Tariffs - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 90Likes

post #61 of 62 Old 08-06-2019, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I guess I had a bit of a different take on the Emotiva announcement. I have been wanting an Emotiva XPA Gen 3 amp for months. Actually I got close enough a couple times in March and April by putting the amp in the cart, getting the discount for being a veteran, and then sat there and couldn't pull the trigger, and finally backed it out of the cart to save it for later. Last week I got the urge again and this time I saw the price increase in the tray, so I decided to do a little more before purchasing. I went on Emotiva's website and while I already knew enough about the amp, as well as the China tariff issues, what put me over the top was the group photo of Emotiva staff. They are a small company. I also believe them when they say their margins are small, and can only imagine the added pressures, so I just bit the bullet and purchased the amp, number 1 because I wanted the amp, and number 2 to support that small US company.

Vizio M70-D3 TV, Denon X4300H AVR w/AC Infinity Fan, Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3 Amp, LG UBK90 4K w/DV, Samsung K8500 4K, Klipsch RP280F (2), RP450C Center, RP250 Surrounds (4), Atmos RP140SA (2), R12SW Subs (2), S-10 Surrounds (using as rear heights) (2), Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield 4K, Roku Ultra 4K, Amazon Fire TV Box. Currently running a 9.2.2 setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 08-07-2019, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2858 Post(s)
Liked: 1824
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1sc View Post
so I just bit the bullet and purchased the amp, number 1 because I wanted the amp, and number 2 to support that small US company.

And there is nothing wrong with that, brother! Congrats on the new amp!
mike1sc likes this.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
Emotiva , tariffs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page