Klipsch Reference Wireless Speakers with WiSA Released - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By imagic
  • 1 Post By imagic

post #1 of 17 Old 10-15-2019, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 442 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9171 Post(s)
Liked: 16174
Klipsch Reference Wireless Speakers with WiSA Released

The new Klipsch Wireless Reference WiSA speaker lineup is for home theater fans seeking high fidelity wireless surround sound. This system works "WiSA Ready TVs, gaming systems and computers" says Klipsch.

Full press release:

"Klipsch®, a tech-driven audio company, is pleased to announce the addition of its latest version of easy-to-set-up and use, high resolution Reference Wireless speakers with WiSA technology. The speakers are designed for people that want the true simplicity of a sound bar and high-performance multi-channel capable audio from WiSA Ready TV’s, gaming systems and computers.

WiSA technology allows multi-channel home theaters to be built without using an A/V receiver or having to run speaker wires. The sound is optimized with custom digital signal processing and dedicated amplifiers in each speaker that extract maximum performance from each unit.

The Klipsch Reference Wireless line includes RW-51M monitors ($699 per pair), a RW-34C center channel speaker ($499 each), and a RW-100SW wireless subwoofer ($599 each). The speakers can be configured in a number of ways — from a two-channel set-up to a 7.1 surround sound system. The system automatically recognizes and connects new wireless speakers as they are added.

Consistent with the Klipsch Reference series, these speakers feature proprietary 90°x90° Tractrix® horn technology coupled with Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) titanium tweeters to produce the most efficient, detailed and dynamic listening experiences.

The Klipsch Reference Wireless speakers received critical acclaim when they were introduced at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show, winning Best of CES 2019 Awards from Digital Trends, AVS Forum and Hi-Def Digest.

The Klipsch Reference Wireless speakers are available at Magnolia Home Theater stores and Klipsch.com nationally, as well as other authorized retailers regionally. For more information on the brand and its products, visit Klipsch.com."
hockeynut likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-15-2019, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anybody know if you use them with the 2019 LG C9 OLED, with a blu ray player, playing a movie with DTS-HD MA sound is it playing true lossless sound? As it only appears as “DTS” on my tv display. Furthermore, maybe if I switch the output to PCM, would it play true lossless sound? Or maybe it already is, but the LG only displays DTS?
post #3 of 17 Old 10-17-2019, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar pena View Post
Does anybody know if you use them with the 2019 LG C9 OLED, with a blu ray player, playing a movie with DTS-HD MA sound is it playing true lossless sound? As it only appears as “DTS” on my tv display. Furthermore, maybe if I switch the output to PCM, would it play true lossless sound? Or maybe it already is, but the LG only displays DTS?
I do not know the answer but I do want to acknowledge this as a good question. What I do know is that it is an LG question, WiSA itself supports hi-res multichannel.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 10-17-2019, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 46
What A/V Receiver or Processor you need to run this? I assume each speaker needs power supply though.
post #5 of 17 Old 10-17-2019, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rramacha View Post
What A/V Receiver or Processor you need to run this? I assume each speaker needs power supply though.
You don't need an AVR, the TV communicates directly with the speakers through an WiSA module. Each speaker needs to be plugged into an electrical outlet.
rramacha likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #6 of 17 Old 10-17-2019, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
You don't need an AVR, the TV communicates directly with the speakers through an WiSA module. Each speaker needs to be plugged into an electrical outlet.
How is the wisa module connected to TV? Is it via HDMI?
post #7 of 17 Old 10-18-2019, 10:30 AM

It is connected via USB on the tv with a dongle called the axiim link. It is all wireless. I pass the sound via bitstream through the tv. So I am wondering if the signal that is passed to the speakers is lossless, or if it is lossy.
post #8 of 17 Old 10-19-2019, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Can WISA stream Atmos?
post #9 of 17 Old 10-19-2019, 12:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yervais View Post
Can WISA stream Atmos?
No, WiSA supports only 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, 5.1, 7.1 flat setups, but no 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.4, etc. Atmos/DTS:X setups.

Maybe in the future will also support 3D audio setups.
post #10 of 17 Old 10-21-2019, 08:30 AM

Actually it can, I was able to, just not with as many channels as with other receivers. I was able to do a 5.1.2 configuration by connecting the axiim link to the xbox one x.
post #11 of 17 Old 10-21-2019, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you stream directly from Google / Apple / Amazon without having to use the TV/XBox? So to allow Google Music directly to the speakers?
post #12 of 17 Old 10-22-2019, 04:13 AM

Yes, I have managed to this by using Air Play 2 on both the LG TV and Apple TV.
post #13 of 17 Old 10-22-2019, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 77
This could be the perfect solution for my small living room. Atmos was always going to be a severe challenge with my vaulted ceilings anyway.

Mike

xbox/psn: duke63031
post #14 of 17 Old 10-23-2019, 01:43 PM

It does support lossless sound up to a 5.1 set-up on LG TVs, 7.1 on XBOX One
post #15 of 17 Old 11-05-2019, 09:51 AM

My 5.1 Klipsch WiSA speakers connected through the Axiim Link to the LG C9 are only using 2.0 speakers when playing a DTS-HD or DTS X, they work perfectly when playing a Dolby True HD or Atmos source. Does anybody know what the issue might be? I am using an Oppo UDP 203 blu ray player and have everything set to bitstream and have the latest firmware for all devices and am connected to the tv with the right hdmi cable. It is an LG issue, since everything should work with the current settings
post #16 of 17 Old 11-06-2019, 12:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar pena View Post
My 5.1 Klipsch WiSA speakers connected through the Axiim Link to the LG C9 are only using 2.0 speakers when playing a DTS-HD or DTS X, they work perfectly when playing a Dolby True HD or Atmos source. Does anybody know what the issue might be? I am using an Oppo UDP 203 blu ray player and have everything set to bitstream and have the latest firmware for all devices and am connected to the tv with the right hdmi cable. It is an LG issue, since everything should work with the current settings
It may be an issue related to the known lack of MC-LPCM passthrough via eARC for the C9 - and the fact that TrueHD or DD+ can pass maybe because those formats get transcoded and maybe the DTS-HD do not.

Do we know the specs of the Axiim Link?
post #17 of 17 Old 11-08-2019, 09:43 AM

After many tests, I believe that the LG tvs are only able to process Dolby uncompressed sound at 5.1 channels with WiSA, not for PCM or DTS. It is able to provide 5.1 DTS-HD sound but not DTS-HD Master Audio. This is my conclusion, I could be wrong, but after exhaustive testing, this is my conclusion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
Klipsch , klipsch wireless reference , wisa

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page