It Has Finally Materialized! Here it is... - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 388 Old 03-10-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr View Post

Hi Charles! That would be yours truly!!

What do you like to play, whose music do you have the most fun (or struggles) with?

VPI, Grado, SME, Pioneer Elite, Magnum Dynalab, Day-Sequerra, Oppo, DVDO, McIntosh, Telefunken Black Diamond, Mirage, Kimber, Transparent, MIT, Pangea, Shunyata, PS Audio, Furman, Sanus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 388 Old 03-12-2012, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I struggle with everything, but I'd like to be able to play classical decent enough where people don't start running. I am however having a lot of fun with Eastern European folk music (Romanian, Polish), it's based heavily on violin and they have some amazing songs, not to mention players.
post #333 of 388 Old 10-23-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr View Post

I struggle with everything, but I'd like to be able to play classical decent enough where people don't start running. I am however having a lot of fun with Eastern European folk music (Romanian, Polish), it's based heavily on violin and they have some amazing songs, not to mention players.

Maybe Joshua Bell or Marc O'Connor are free and could give you lessons. smile.gif

Any news on the system? How's it sounding these days?

VPI, Grado, SME, Pioneer Elite, Magnum Dynalab, Day-Sequerra, Oppo, DVDO, McIntosh, Telefunken Black Diamond, Mirage, Kimber, Transparent, MIT, Pangea, Shunyata, PS Audio, Furman, Sanus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 388 Old 10-27-2012, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Hey Charles, good to hear from you! How is everything on the East Coast?

LOL, I'm sure Mr. O'Connor's only priority is not to forget our scheduled Tue evening lesson appointments...

Not much happening here, the only change is the addition of a couple of JL Audio F112 Fathom subwoofers. After much deliberation, I chose them over a few others that I was considering. Never looked back, these babies have everything, the build quality is amazing and so is the sound. I might get a third one, they're so good...

Here is a picture... Click to enlarge.

post #335 of 388 Old 10-27-2012, 04:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1795 Post(s)
Liked: 2096
Quote:

LOL, I'm sure Mr. O'Connor's only priority is not to forget our scheduled Tue evening lesson appointments...
Not much happening here, the only change is the addition of a couple of JL Audio F112 Fathom subwoofers. After much deliberation, I chose them over a few others that I was considering. Never looked back, these babies have everything, the build quality is amazing and so is the sound. I might get a third one, they're so good...

The mighty ddgtr has returned! Those are some pretty Significant updates man! Congrats on the subs' purchase!
post #336 of 388 Old 10-27-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 3049 Post(s)
Liked: 2001
Quote:

That looks fantastic ddgtr. Well done mate and congratulations on the upgrade. I agree about the subs for there size they do a fantastic job. If you ever get a chance definitley go for the third maybe even a 4th wink.gif

God Bless,
Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
post #337 of 388 Old 10-27-2012, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Most folks are focused, I think, on Sandy's potential arrival. This is a different animal than Irene last year. I stocked up on water and extra batteries just in case.

I think your setup looks very good. And I like that you're not afraid to use a stand that's not as wide as the TV. In some setups that can look awkward, but with your arrangement it's a non-issue. I think I'm going to try that here and see if I like it better than what I have now. Your display stands out more, I think, not being on a rack of equal or greater width. And at 60" it's a beast to begin with.

post #338 of 388 Old 10-27-2012, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6870 Post(s)
Liked: 15445
Quote:

The Double D-izzle is in da hizzle.biggrin.gif

Whassup, D²?

Your room and gear are simply outstanding! Gotta love the JL's. I say get another one or two. I'm a big fan of the Fathoms.

post #339 of 388 Old 10-29-2012, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate the kind words! I'm back after a long break, so I'll be visiting your threads shortly to chat about things...

Charles, my thoughts are with you and everyone else in the path of that storm. Hopefully it'll pass without any damages...
post #340 of 388 Old 10-29-2012, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate the kind words! I'm back after a long break, so I'll be visiting your threads shortly to chat about things...
Charles, my thoughts are with you and everyone else in the path of that storm. Hopefully it'll pass without any damages...

Thanks. The wind gusts are becoming more frequent, but no heavy rain or significant sustained winds as yet.

post #341 of 388 Old 11-02-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Well well look who has moved up to the Wabo status. I'm really impressed Dan. What a wonderful system you have assembled. notworthy.gif

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #342 of 388 Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

LOL, It will be a while until I can reach Wabo status... One cannot chase Wabo because one cannot catch Wabo... (Y'all hear the grasshopper?) It's his world, we're just living in it! Right about now, I am like the "Spear carrier 1" extras they list in movie credits, where they don't even get their names displayed, haha...

Hope all is well with you, Al... Tell Mrs. HTG the quilts look AMAZING, and I'd like to thank you again for helping me with the many subwoofer questions I've had in the past. Word goes you've got at least one new toy, I'll go over to the HTG thread to check it out. Peace.
post #343 of 388 Old 11-04-2012, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

LOL, It will be a while until I can reach Wabo status... One cannot chase Wabo because one cannot catch Wabo... (Y'all hear the grasshopper?) It's his world, we're just living in it! Right about now, I am like the "Spear carrier 1" extras they list in movie credits, where they don't even get their names displayed, haha...

Hope all is well with you, Al... Tell Mrs. HTG the quilts look AMAZING, and I'd like to thank you again for helping me with the many subwoofer questions I've had in the past. Word goes you've got at least one new toy, I'll go over to the HTG thread to check it out. Peace.

No, you CAN chase him. Whether you can catch him is another story. Or whether you should for that matter. There is only one Waboman. biggrin.gif

post #344 of 388 Old 11-05-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Well well look who has moved up to the Wabo status. I'm really impressed Dan. What a wonderful system you have assembled. notworthy.gif

Says the man with 4 subs. The HTG pimps hard.
Quote:

Wabo's easy to catch. You'll find him in a van down by the river. Between you and HTG, you need a scorecard to keep up with all the new purchases. I get tired just thinking about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

No, you CAN chase him. Whether you can catch him is another story. Or whether you should for that matter. There is only one Waboman. biggrin.gif

Don't help 'em out, prepress. I need you on my side.

post #345 of 388 Old 11-05-2012, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

...Wabo's easy to catch. You'll find him in a van down by the river...

*Phil reads Wabos post, then reads his own location*

Nice of you to join me! biggrin.gif
post #346 of 388 Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:

Yes there is smile.gif

God Bless,
post #347 of 388 Old 11-06-2012, 04:07 AM

Quote:

+100 he certainly does.

God Bless,
post #348 of 388 Old 11-09-2012, 03:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Wabo's easy to catch. You'll find him in a van down by the river. Between you and HTG, you need a scorecard to keep up with all the new purchases. I get tired just thinking about it.
Don't help 'em out, prepress. I need you on my side.

What? confused.gif What'd i say?

I work for NYC Transit. Crazy hours have fatigued my brain even further. You have to give me some slack here. smile.gif

post #349 of 388 Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Don't let that guy Wabo shake you down. Looking over your wonderful system Wabo got nothing on him pertaining to class. tongue.gif Cause that is one classy looking mancave. I'm self inviting myself over if I ever get a chance to be in your area. biggrin.gif I believe Wabo has already banned me from his place. The wife is still making great looking quilts. I will let her know what you said.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #350 of 388 Old 11-09-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:

What? confused.gif What'd i say?
I work for NYC Transit. Crazy hours have fatigued my brain even further. You have to give me some slack here. smile.gif

It must have been crazy busy at work for you. Hopefully things are returning to normal and you can catch your breath. You've earned it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Don't let that guy Wabo shake you down. Looking over your wonderful system Wabo got nothing on him pertaining to class. tongue.gif Cause that is one classy looking mancave. I'm self inviting myself over if I ever get a chance to be in your area. biggrin.gif I believe Wabo has already banned me from his place. The wife is still making great looking quilts. I will let her know what you said.

confused.gif

Not sure how to reply to this. Nobody's getting shook down. I don't understand that at all. This has never been a competition. Also, not sure where you're going with this HTG, but I've nothing but high praise and accolades for the dd's setup.

post #351 of 388 Old 11-09-2012, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

No worries, I think it just came out the wrong way...smile.gif
post #352 of 388 Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

It must have been crazy busy at work for you. Hopefully things are returning to normal and you can catch your breath. You've earned it.
confused.gif
Not sure how to reply to this. Nobody's getting shook down. I don't understand that at all. This has never been a competition. Also, not sure where you're going with this HTG, but I've nothing but high praise and accolades for the dd's setup.

I was kidding around and it did not come out the way I meant. I was interrupted by work and hit send before I was able to review what I wrote. Sorry about that.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #353 of 388 Old 11-10-2012, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

It's probably not in the long run, but I'd like to think it's over short-term. wink.gif Going back Tuesday, I'll see if the TV I picked for the shop is set up. Knowing those guys, not properly. smile.gif How come I'm the TV guru there?

Actually, where improvements can be made in one's system realistically and without going into debt it's good. Everyone here has a good system. And as for ddgtr, no one else has a violin in their setup! A nice touch.

post #354 of 388 Old 11-10-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yeah I definitely like the violin. I also really like the dual subs.
post #355 of 388 Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

I just noticed the violin, cool. Are you a musician Dan ?

God Bless,
post #356 of 388 Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Thanks, good to see you again, pcweb! Let's play some Halo once I get my copy and gamertag back! x Uruk Hai x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I just noticed the violin, cool. Are you a musician Dan ?

Hi Frank! No, I am not a musician. Since I was about 10 I always wanted to play the violin. I should have followed the call, but the boys I was hanging out at the time with thought that was lame, so you know how that goes... Michael Jackson was the hot thing, disco music was in and so forth. No place for violin, right? Have always thought about it, but last year I decided to do it. So I challenged myself to learn as much as I can without a teacher, I'm the kind of person that works harder if I'm not handed things. I'm having TONS of fun, it's been great. I'm about ready to take it to the next level and seek help from a teacher. Part of the reason why I haven't renewed my LIVE membership...
post #357 of 388 Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:

Thanks, good to see you again, pcweb! Let's play some Halo once I get my copy and gamertag back! x Uruk Hai x
Hi Frank! No, I am not a musician. Since I was about 10 I always wanted to play the violin. I should have followed the call, but the boys I was hanging out at the time with thought that was lame, so you know how that goes... Michael Jackson was the hot thing, disco music was in and so forth. No place for violin, right? Have always thought about it, but last year I decided to do it. So I challenged myself to learn as much as I can without a teacher, I'm the kind of person that works harder if I'm not handed things. I'm having TONS of fun, it's been great. I'm about ready to take it to the next level and seek help from a teacher. Part of the reason why I haven't renewed my LIVE membership...

Its good to see that your taking it to the next level. I used to play Bass 20 years ago, occasionally I pick it up when I go to a family friends house but I wouldnt put me in a band. biggrin.gif

God Bless,
post #358 of 388 Old 11-23-2012, 09:38 AM

Dan hope you had a great thanksgiving day with family and friends

God Bless,
post #359 of 388 Old 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Same from me. Hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend!
post #360 of 388 Old 11-23-2012, 02:30 PM

I was drooling over those beautiful SF speakers I didn't even notice the violin on the wall.redface.gif

Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Pioneer Elite Pro 151fd 60 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Onkyo Tx Sr805 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver Silver , Polk Audio Owm5 Multi Purpose Home Theater Speaker White , Polk Audio Owm3 On Wall Speaker Pair White , Pioneer Bdp 51fd Bonusview Blu Ray Player , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page