Hometheatergeek's obsession - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #421 of 439 Old 12-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Member
 
ejusted's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Looking good Al!!!
hometheatergeek likes this.
ejusted is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #422 of 439 Old 12-22-2013, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOften View Post

They look nice anyways!

I gave you a thumbsup for the nice words. :D


Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
post #423 of 439 Old 12-22-2013, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejusted View Post

Looking good Al!!!

Thanks EJ. Gave you a thumbsup too.


Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #424 of 439 Old 12-24-2013, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52

All righty then. It did take a new run of Audyssey to bring the sound under control. In fact this is now the best sounding soundstage I have ever achieved. Watching Oblivion last night the speakers seemed to disappear and the sound was emanating from all over the room and not just from the speakers. I also downloaded a few free DSD files from the Oppo site and the wife thought the speakers sounded like they were some of the high end speakers we have heard in the past when we were window shopping at local Hi-Fi stores.


Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
post #425 of 439 Old 12-24-2013, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jnnt29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lower Delaware
Posts: 1,080
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Al that sounds like a major improvement without buying new equipment. Looks like Santa came early to your house with an open sound stage! Enjoy. smile.gif
JT

My set up: Samsung UN82nu8000 LED TV, Marantz SR7012, Emotiva XPA3, Sony UBP-X800
Roku 4k Premier, Panamax MR4000, 2 Marantz MA-500U, Klipsch RB81II (L/R),
RC62II (center), R-1650-W (surrounds), RB61II (Rear Surrounds),
Monoprice 6.5" in ceiling speaker (top front/rear), Two Klipsch R-10SW subwoofer
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1227096
jnnt29 is offline  
post #426 of 439 Old 12-24-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
craig john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 11,607
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked: 1439
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

All righty then. It did take a new run of Audyssey to bring the sound under control. In fact this is now the best sounding soundstage I have ever achieved. Watching Oblivion last night the speakers seemed to disappear and the sound was emanating from all over the room and not just from the speakers. I also downloaded a few free DSD files from the Oppo site and the wife thought the speakers sounded like they were some of the high end speakers we have heard in the past when we were window shopping at local Hi-Fi stores.
High-end speakers? Klipsch Forte's? Yup! I loved mine. In fact, I get to visit them this weekend. We're going to my son's place in Phoenix for the holidays and he has them in his system.

Happy Holidays, Al!

Craig

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System
craig john is offline  
post #427 of 439 Old 12-24-2013, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

Al that sounds like a major improvement without buying new equipment. Looks like Santa came early to your house with an open sound stage! Enjoy. smile.gif
JT

Well I did buy equipment this year JT. The Denon and the Oppo. The panels became a necessity when we took down my wife's quilt and mounted the 70" on the wall.


Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
post #428 of 439 Old 12-24-2013, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post


High-end speakers? Klipsch Forte's? Yup! I loved mine. In fact, I get to visit them this weekend. We're going to my son's place in Phoenix for the holidays and he has them in his system.

Happy Holidays, Al!

Craig

You are too kind Craig. Just remember to hug your son and his family first before you go and hug your Klipsch speakers. :p I hope you also have a joyous time this holiday season.


Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
post #429 of 439 Old 12-24-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jnnt29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lower Delaware
Posts: 1,080
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Your
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Well I did buy equipment this year JT. The Denon and the Oppo. The panels became a necessity when we took down my wife's quilt and mounted the 70" on the wall.
your wife's quilt are beuatiful. She is very talented.

My set up: Samsung UN82nu8000 LED TV, Marantz SR7012, Emotiva XPA3, Sony UBP-X800
Roku 4k Premier, Panamax MR4000, 2 Marantz MA-500U, Klipsch RB81II (L/R),
RC62II (center), R-1650-W (surrounds), RB61II (Rear Surrounds),
Monoprice 6.5" in ceiling speaker (top front/rear), Two Klipsch R-10SW subwoofer
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1227096
jnnt29 is offline  
post #430 of 439 Old 12-24-2013, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

Your
your wife's quilt are beuatiful. She is very talented.

I will let her know your compliment.


Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
post #431 of 439 Old 12-25-2013, 05:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Geoff4RFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Just down aways from Stanley
Posts: 4,406
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Merry Christmas brother!!

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat

Set up:
Marantz AV8802A W/M.P. Monolith XLR's-Oppo 103-65" 4K Sammy-Emotiva: XPA-DR3, XPA-3, XPA-2 x 2-PolkAudio: RTiA9 x 4-LiSM706-FXiA6 x 4-LiSM703-Furez 10awg homemade cables
Geoff4RFC is offline  
post #432 of 439 Old 12-26-2013, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bunga99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Nice Job on the GIK panels, Al. They look great! cool.gif I'm glad to hear you were able to sort everything out by re-running Audyssey XT32. In the past, I did experiments with moving panels around in my room and can’t believe how much they can impact the sound and not always in a good way. In my odd shaped little room, sometimes moving a panel or taking one away from the back wall will cause the bass to slightly pull or tilt towards the right of the room – weird but fun to experiment with.

Happy Holidays and hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Claude
Bunga99 is offline  
post #433 of 439 Old 12-26-2013, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga99 View Post

Nice Job on the GIK panels, Al. They look great! cool.gif I'm glad to hear you were able to sort everything out by re-running Audyssey XT32. In the past, I did experiments with moving panels around in my room and can’t believe how much they can impact the sound and not always in a good way. In my odd shaped little room, sometimes moving a panel or taking one away from the back wall will cause the bass to slightly pull or tilt towards the right of the room – weird but fun to experiment with.

Happy Holidays and hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Claude

Thank you sir, They really do look good in the room. The wife made the comment that they make the room look bigger. I could see that happening when you move your panels around but I know you would never get rid of them. I hope you and your lovely wife also had a great Christmas and hopefully a great 2014.


Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
post #434 of 439 Old 04-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Fabulous SYSTEM AL! Great to see you on here bro. Enjoy yourself! wink.gif
Deckard97 is offline  
post #435 of 439 Old 01-15-2015, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52
We did some remodeling this last Christmas vacation and I had new carpet installed in my HT room. I have updated the first post with a picture of my room with the new carpet. We also did all of the other floors on the main floor of the house and install new granite tops in the kitchen. So I guess there will be very little new HT gear this year.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
post #436 of 439 Old 01-17-2015, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
We did some remodeling this last Christmas vacation and I had new carpet installed in my HT room. I have updated the first post with a picture of my room with the new carpet. We also did all of the other floors on the main floor of the house and install new granite tops in the kitchen. So I guess there will be very little new HT gear this year.
Nothing wrong with that. I'd say don't get so busy with adding or researching new stuff that you fail to enjoy what you have. I look at my system and realize it's been a while since I was able to simply sit and enjoy a listening or viewing session. Changes in work schedule and other responsibilities are the main cause for that.

You have a good setup. Give yourself time to get used to and appreciate it, then if you see a need down the road and the money's there, go for it if you like. But for now, breathe. Watch. Listen.


VPI, Grado, SME, Pioneer Elite, Magnum Dynalab, Day-Sequerra, Oppo, DVDO, McIntosh, Telefunken Black Diamond, Mirage, Kimber, Transparent, MIT, Pangea, Shunyata, PS Audio, Furman, Sanus
prepress is offline  
post #437 of 439 Old 01-17-2015, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
Nothing wrong with that. I'd say don't get so busy with adding or researching new stuff that you fail to enjoy what you have. I look at my system and realize it's been a while since I was able to simply sit and enjoy a listening or viewing session. Changes in work schedule and other responsibilities are the main cause for that.

You have a good setup. Give yourself time to get used to and appreciate it, then if you see a need down the road and the money's there, go for it if you like. But for now, breathe. Watch. Listen.

Thanks for dropping in and leaving some good advice prepress. Oh and don't get me wrong, my system has never sounded better than it does right now. But I still like to dream.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
post #438 of 439 Old 04-29-2015, 08:17 AM
Newbie
 
Brown Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Thanks for dropping in and leaving some good advice prepress. Oh and don't get me wrong, my system has never sounded better than it does right now. But I still like to dream.
What are you dreaming of getting, Al?

Marantz SR6004, UD5005, CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Sennheiser Momentum Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
Brown Eye is offline  
post #439 of 439 Old 05-09-2015, 02:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Thanks for dropping in and leaving some good advice prepress. Oh and don't get me wrong, my system has never sounded better than it does right now. But I still like to dream.
I have had two fantasy systems: the ultimate and the real-world one, difference being the real-world version was doable or just within reach. It also included much of my current system.

Do you have anything like that going on?

VPI, Grado, SME, Pioneer Elite, Magnum Dynalab, Day-Sequerra, Oppo, DVDO, McIntosh, Telefunken Black Diamond, Mirage, Kimber, Transparent, MIT, Pangea, Shunyata, PS Audio, Furman, Sanus
prepress is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Outlaw Audio , Velodyne , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off