AVS Forum banner
141K views 861 replies 103 participants last post by  Magiclakez 
#1 · (Edited)
4/29/17 Revision Photos

3 - JBL Synthesis M2 speakers (LCR)
4 - JBL Sythesis SCL-4 in wall speakers (side and rear)
2 - JBL S2X passive subwoofers
4 - JBL SCS12 ceiling speakers
2 - JBL SCS8 ceiling speakers
Crown DCI Network Amplifiers

3 - 600 bi-amped
8 - 300 watt
1 - two channel 2450 watt for subs

Seymour AV 4k UF material
Trinnov Altitude 32-16
Sony VPL-VW5000es projector
Lumagen Pro 4k processor
Kaleidescape Strato/Terra
PS4
Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Player
Zidoo UHD2000 4k Media Player
Synology 20 TB NAS
ATS Acoustic Art Fabric Panels
Allen Products MM-018 Multimounts for 708 ceiling installation (http://www.adapttechgroup.com/pdf/mm-018.pdf)

Room has about 5% left to clean up/patch/paint, but though I would update this thread since it's been a while...

Major change was switching the axis of the room to the long axis from the short, and using and adjacent room for the projector. Also moved to a comfortable sectional sofa with two chaises rather than dedicated theater seats - family likes this better, as do I.

The porthole is not complete on the projector side, which is why the interior black out both is just taped down. Wiring cleanup never seems to happen, but that's still required.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, gorgeous setup, nice job and nice pix thrang!

Are the diamonds broken in now do you think?

Welcome to the B&W club!

Reactions: Myetkt
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaCanuck /forum/post/19117043

Wow, gorgeous setup, nice job and nice pix thrang!

Are the diamonds broken in now do you think?

Welcome to the B&W club!

B&W recommends only about 15 hours, and I'm well beyond that, so yes.

Superb clarity and attack, with no strain and no sibilance.

And thanks for your comment...

#5 · (Edited)
Quote:Originally Posted by d_m1010

Are you running a sub in your setup? Also, what brand of 3 chanel amp is next to the center? Looks very nice btw.

Thanks - those are two JL Audio 113 Fathoms next to the 800 Diamonds.

The amp is actually a fully-balanced 150 wpc/10-channel Denon POA - two channels each are driving the 803's, and single channels are driving the center and four surrounds

Update: per equipment list, all amplification is Parasound Halo

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga99 /forum/post/19118012

Incredible setup!!!

Thanks - testing my direct rears as sides in place of the dipoles as a "test" before committing to the 805's...

#9 ·
Lovely. The new diamonds are serious business. You must be wiping down that black gloss frequently. It's a finger print & dust magnet.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang /forum/post/19116729

With the recent changes to the new B&W 803 Diamonds up front, I thought Id update the images...

Look but don't touch...who said diamonds are indestructible?

Love the dialog from the HTM2 Diamond...The fit and finish on the new 803's are tremendous...

killer set-up man, wish I had a room like that. Thanks for posting

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by btf1980 /forum/post/19119221

Lovely. The new diamonds are serious business. You must be wiping down that black gloss frequently. It's a finger print & dust magnet.

Room is fairly dust free, but I'm too busy listening anyway!

Thanks for your comments....

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD /forum/post/19119438

killer set-up man, wish I had a room like that. Thanks for posting

Thanks for the feedback - it takes time, and lots of misguided money, is all I can say...

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD /forum/post/19121836

the "stumulus" bill (to bail-out the banks) was mis-guided money, our audio/home theater projects are "well-guided" money

You're like a dealer talking crackheads here....no arguments!

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang /forum/post/19121978

You're like a dealer talking crackheads here....no arguments!

Very, very nice. I have the older VPL 100 and love it. It's on the ceiling though. I also have dipoles in the rear of my 11.2 system and they sucketh. I am going to go to simple B&W in walls for rears soon. Please let us know if you switch out the rears and what you think. I am very disillusioned with dipoles these days and regret getting them.

Otherwise, great room and love the big 803di's.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleHTGuy /forum/post/19122815

Very, very nice. I have the older VPL 100 and love it. It's on the ceiling though. I also have dipoles in the rear of my 11.2 system and they sucketh. I am going to go to simple B&W in walls for rears soon. Please let us know if you switch out the rears and what you think. I am very disillusioned with dipoles these days and regret getting them.

Otherwise, great room and love the big 803di's.

Thanks -

I actually switched out the dipole sides today for the new 805 Diamonds. I still will use the RBH's for the rear channels, and will experiment with directs or the dipoles.

I tested with the direct RBH's before making the decision, having lived with dipoles so long - for me, the difference was matrixed vs. discrete mixes. Matrixed stereo signals sent to the side channels sounds a bit better with the diffuse nature of dipoles to my ears. But discrete mixes sound better (more integrated) with the direct radiating speakers.

As more and more mixes have been and continue to be discrete mixes, with more active vs. ambience sound design, I think the time was more than ripe to switch.

I will let them break in for a while, do yet another mind numbing Audyssey Pro calibration, and post feedback and images later this week...

#18 ·
I also want to give props to my dealer, Talk of the Town in Allendale NJ - tremendous service, an unbelievable showroom with several high end rooms, carry most of the best lines - they have several of the new Diamonds on display including the 800's....

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/19127434

Your room looks great, Thrang. The new B&W's look fantastic. I bet they rock too. Great job on putting it all together.

Thanks - I'm appreciating them more and more - just a fantastic sound from top to bottom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvGeek07 /forum/post/19140564

Very nice speakers,i bet your proud of the sound quality.

happy listening.

Very much so - I've since purchased the 805DI's as side surrounds, and and running a new Audyssey Pro calibration now - also got the spikes on the towers, which I hadn't had a chance to do..

I'l try and get the 805 images uploaded sometime today...

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino /forum/post/19140573

Looks great! What happened to the RBH?

Hi Tony - while excellent, I needed more space than I had to gain the full benefit of the tweeter array. They are up on Audiogon now...

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by btf1980 /forum/post/19119221

I've since found that the iKlear spray and the included fine microfiber wipe (recommended by Apple to clean their LCD's), works extremely well - not that smudges are a problem once placed and left alone...

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang /forum/post/19140605

I've since found that the iKlear spray and the included fine microfiber wipe (recommended by Apple to clean their LCD's), works extremely well - not that smudges are a problem once placed and left alone...

Cool. I do like the piano gloss finish as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.