New House - New Theater - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 271Likes

post #661 of 667 Old 08-21-2019, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 402 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5670 Post(s)
Liked: 5534
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
Hi Brandon! Thanks for the confirmations. Much appreciated!

One followup question on screens. Seymour ScreenExcellence has a couple of new(ish) 4K screen materials, Enlightor-4K, (0.98 Gain), Enlightor-Bright, (1.1 Gain), and Enlightor-Neo, (No gain specified.) They're finer weaves with less visible porosity. They allow you to sit closer without any visibility of the screen surface. Do you think any of these would be an upgrade from the XD material? I'm particularly thinking of the Enlightor-Bright, but I need to find out more about the Neo also. I have a call in to Chris Seymour, and I'm waiting to hear back.

http://www.seymourscreenexcellence.c....pdf#zoom=100&

Thanks!

Craig
Well cross enlightor bright off your list because you already own it. Yea I said it. Enlightor bright is SSE's version of XD, just named differently for their custom line as opposed to installer line.

The enlightor 4k is a decent material but low enough gain I wouldn't recommend it. The new "Neo" is a good in between E4K and XD material that Chris would say specs to around .95 gain. IMO if you don't have issues where you sit now with seeing the weave, I'd stick with what you got and the most gain you can get from woven. If you are wanting to sit closer, or with the added brightness of the new PJ you begin to see some of the weave...only then would I suggest moving to another material. Even the slightest changes in gain make a big difference. In my case, going from a woven material that while marketed as 1.0 gain actually benched out to around .8 gain (not seymour btw), to a Microperf 1.3 gain which in actuality is more of a 1.1 gain, the difference was staggering. Im sure someone more mathematically inclined than myself could calculate out the exact % of brightness I gained (pun intended), but I'm betting between the material and the uh380 I nearly doubled my on-screen brightness.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 667 Old 08-21-2019, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked: 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Well cross enlightor bright off your list because you already own it. Yea I said it. Enlightor bright is SSE's version of XD, just named differently for their custom line as opposed to installer line.

The enlightor 4k is a decent material but low enough gain I wouldn't recommend it. The new "Neo" is a good in between E4K and XD material that Chris would say specs to around .95 gain. IMO if you don't have issues where you sit now with seeing the weave, I'd stick with what you got and the most gain you can get from woven. If you are wanting to sit closer, or with the added brightness of the new PJ you begin to see some of the weave...only then would I suggest moving to another material. Even the slightest changes in gain make a big difference. In my case, going from a woven material that while marketed as 1.0 gain actually benched out to around .8 gain (not seymour btw), to a Microperf 1.3 gain which in actuality is more of a 1.1 gain, the difference was staggering. Im sure someone more mathematically inclined than myself could calculate out the exact % of brightness I gained (pun intended), but I'm betting between the material and the uh380 I nearly doubled my on-screen brightness.
Thanks again! I just got off the phone with Jon Kaisand at Seymour and he basically confirmed everything you said. I'm sticking with the XD screen! The Lumagen will be the next decision, but I'll get the pj first and see how it looks with my current screen and lens.

In actuality, I have no problem with the brightness of the image I get now with my old RS-55 pj, and it was only 1,200 lumens, and calibrated it was well less than that. I have no doubt the RS2000 will be a significant upgrade from that!

Craig

Edit: Chuck, sorry for using your thread to sort my issues, but some of the smartest guys on the forum stop in here frequently.

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System
post #663 of 667 Old 08-21-2019, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 5124 Post(s)
Liked: 3980
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
In actuality, I have no problem with the brightness of the image I get now with my old RS-55 pj, and it was only 1,200 lumens, and calibrated it was well less than that. I have no doubt the RS2000 will be a significant upgrade from that!
I first went from the RS55 to the RS500 and it was a huge improvement. Then I went from the RS500 to my current PJ and was blown away. Even my wife could not help but notice the huge improvement. Your 2000 will be VERY close to my RS4500 image and coming from a much older technology. Not only will it be brighter, but the image will be much more crisp

Quote:
Edit: Chuck, sorry for using your thread to sort my issues, but some of the smartest guys on the forum stop in here frequently.
Not an issue. AVS is all about sharing experiences and learning from one another. This is as good a place as any!!
Craig Peer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #664 of 667 Old 11-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Very nice build!!

Is there any picture showing rear subs setup?

My Build Thread
HT - Seymour Centerstage XD 2.39:1 133" W| JVC X790R | Denon AVR | Nord NC500 | ATI AT528NC | Procella P8/P5V | Revel C763L | Monolith 12" x4
Living Room - LG OLED 65" | Yamaha 2060 | Monolith 3x200 | KEF Q900 L/R | Paradigm Millenia 20 CC | Polk Surrounds | Rythmik FV15HP x2
post #665 of 667 Old 11-01-2019, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdoc1 View Post
Very nice build!!

Is there any picture showing rear subs setup?

Go HERE
nonstopdoc1 likes this.
post #666 of 667 Old 11-09-2019, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I see that you many years ago had moved from a Sony VPL600 to the new JVC. I am contemplating the same move and am very concerned about fan noise from the projector. The distance from my head to my projector is about the same as yours and I can BARELY hear the Sony at low fan while a movie is playing. What is your experience making the upgrade? How much louder is the JVC? Do you find the increase in noise objectionable?

Thanks for your reply, your theater truly deserves to be the “theater of the month”

Christian
post #667 of 667 Old 11-10-2019, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshull View Post
I see that you many years ago had moved from a Sony VPL600 to the new JVC. I am contemplating the same move and am very concerned about fan noise from the projector. The distance from my head to my projector is about the same as yours and I can BARELY hear the Sony at low fan while a movie is playing. What is your experience making the upgrade? How much louder is the JVC? Do you find the increase in noise objectionable?

Thanks for your reply, your theater truly deserves to be the “theater of the month”

Christian

Thank you for the kind words.

I've had two RS4500's (the first one failed) and I don't remember the fan being this loud - and I also don't recall the fan on this one being that loud when I first got it. It could be I have a faulty fan. I have a friend who just got the RS2000 and it is not as noisy as mine. I will tell you that if you get a RS4500 KEEP THE ROOM COOL and you won't have as much noise. I am not aware of many other RS4500 users who complain about fan noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page