Installing the bar was suppose to be easy sailing
On post # 61, I said
"After using a 3/16" meatal bit to pre-hole for the 3/8" (after lots of double check upon more double check, to make sure everything align perfectly).
The holes were made on the top of frame, now the question was, will my 3/8" tubing fit? Yes, so far so good
Second check, do my holes align with the wheel holder? Another yes
So a this point, I glue the tubing into the wheel system."
"Next step was to install those;
I was going to use a jig saw (the 3/8 hole does not account for those little pieces sticking on each side), but could not find my blades
So thinking outside the box, I try to use the 3/16" drill bit to make the hole bigger on the front and back of the screen (to accommodate the space needed for those little gizmo, and facing the proper way).
After 40 minutes on the first hole, I decided to use the 3/8" bit instead, it still took 10 minutes or so per hole until the toggle can fit nicely in
This was the most critical part of the project, and must say went very well
, it fit perfectly except that I install the wheel system facing the wrong way
Called my-self every name in the book.
How do I attack this problem?
One solution would be to put an 1" spacer, leave the bar loose and install the wheels facing backward
Another solution was to remove the wheels and let the toggles fall in (Big possibility of something raddling inside the frame during heavy bass moment).
Did not care for either solution at all, so went to have a coffee and part of a cigar, to cool off and think
After a few moments, I decided to use google as a tool to look for some picture of the Carada frames.
What I saw remind me of when I put my frame together, if apart, it is allow.
Went downstairs, put the top of the frame apart and yes if I remove the toggle, I can get them out
Went back to store to buy new ones, why screw around for $3.00, and 25 minutes drive.
So at this point, I reinstall the wheels (facing the right way).
And then another snag
After measuring and drilling, I had to remove the holding gizmo and move them a 1.5" further to the right to be able to close and open the door on the left of the theater
Did that (very hard when you are working by yourself, and keep every thing level).
All done now, and work nice and smooth
In two weeks, I will paint in black the board holding the screen, since you can see part of it.
Just hope to find a paint, that you only need one coat.
Today, it was a 5 hours day and could have been 3.5 hours for my mistake, that should not have Happen
But was worth-it, this new sliding system work so much better
The only problem, it is rubbing a little, on my DIY Bass Trap.