Need help deciding what next. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-17-2016, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need help deciding what next.

I finally decided to ease into a surround system. I bought the speakers and receiver, but now I am trying to decide what next. I was going to buy a new curved screen 4K TV. I know many say the curve is dumb, but to my eyes it appears to immerse you more. My main concern is the reflections off the screen issue and that I want a 70 inch and those are hard to find. I am now debating on getting the Vizio 70" 4K Ultra HD LED or waiting until they come out with 70" curved Samsungs. I was also going to buy an Oppo BDP 103 blue ray, since my old Sony is making more noise than when the Saints come marching home now, but since it will not play 4K, I am thinking about buying a Samsung 4k blue ray. The other option is to go ahead and buy the Oppo and then get another Oppo when they come out with 4K if it is not too expensive. I also need a power conditioner/surge protector. Panamax or CyberPower?

Here is what I bought so far:

Towers: Energy CF-50
Center: Energy CC-10
Side Surrounds: Energy CB-20
Rear Surrounds: Energy CB-10
Subwoofers: Two of the Energy ESW-C10

Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-90

TV: Currently have a Samsung 42"

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. I am new to this and trying to find my way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page