Cam Man's Media Great Room - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #31 of 38 Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Post-Calibration OmniMic Image

For what it's worth, guys...I added an OmniMic image of one of my HTM-12's spectral response after calibrating with xt32 and using the Editor App to manipulate to emulate the Harman/Synthesis target curve. This is with the subs. 1/6th octave resolution. This is what I achieved with all three LCRs. It sounds as good as it looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LEFT MAIN SYN CURVE EQ  AV7704.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	2576638  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 06-09-2019, 08:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Man View Post
For what it's worth, guys...I added an OmniMic image of one of my HTM-12's spectral response after calibrating with xt32 and using the Editor App to manipulate to emulate the Harman/Synthesis target curve. This is with the subs. 1/6th octave resolution. This is what I achieved with all three LCRs. It sounds as good as it looks.
Thanks for the update, and coincidentally enough, your timing is perfect for me to pry a little

I've been using Onkyo then Integra for the last 10 years. Now, I'm looking at Marantz, the 8802A specifically.

Are you still running the 7704? Anything you can throw at me Pro's and Cons's wise??

Thank you in advance!

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat

Set up:
Marantz AV8802A W/M.P. Monolith XLR's-Oppo 103-65" 4K Sammy-Emotiva: XPA-DR3, XPA-3, XPA-2 x 2-PolkAudio: RTiA9 x 4-LiSM706-FXiA6 x 4-LiSM703-Furez 10awg homemade cables
post #33 of 38 Old 06-09-2019, 09:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3413 Post(s)
Liked: 1862
Congrats on completing the system. You probably won't need to upgrade the pj for another year or two.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 Old 06-10-2019, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post
Thanks for the update, and coincidentally enough, your timing is perfect for me to pry a little

I've been using Onkyo then Integra for the last 10 years. Now, I'm looking at Marantz, the 8802A specifically.

Are you still running the 7704? Anything you can throw at me Pro's and Cons's wise??

Thank you in advance!
I'm always looking not only at such an important product's performance and reliability, but where it lands on the value curve. The 7704/7705 fit perfectly for me. They are superb quality but without breaking the bank. I am also a very big proponent of xt32 for the tremendous flexibility it provides for correcting in virtually any installation, and was very disappointed when Onkyo/Integra abandoned it a few years back.

I don't recall if the 8802A supports the Audyssey Editor App. If it does not, I would not go with it. As fine as that AVC is, I think that the 7704 or 7705 would be a better investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
Congrats on completing the system. You probably won't need to upgrade the pj for another year or two.
Ha...yes, it never seems to end, but this one is a jewel!
post #35 of 38 Old 06-10-2019, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am also a very big proponent of xt32 for the tremendous flexibility it provides for correcting in virtually any installation, and was very disappointed when Onkyo/Integra abandoned it a few years back.

I don't recall if the 8802A supports the Audyssey Editor App. If it does not, I would not go with it. As fine as that AVC is, I think that the 7704 or 7705 would be a better investment.
Thanks for your input! I was also disappointed with Onk/Integ losing the XT32 which is why I'm looking at Marantz now.

I couldn't see where the 8802A had the Editor App but it does support XT32 with the full package of SubEQ and it is also Audyssey Installer Pro Ready.

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat

Set up:
Marantz AV8802A W/M.P. Monolith XLR's-Oppo 103-65" 4K Sammy-Emotiva: XPA-DR3, XPA-3, XPA-2 x 2-PolkAudio: RTiA9 x 4-LiSM706-FXiA6 x 4-LiSM703-Furez 10awg homemade cables
post #36 of 38 Old 06-10-2019, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for your input! I was also disappointed with Onk/Integ losing the XT32 which is why I'm looking at Marantz now.

I couldn't see where the 8802A had the Editor App but it does support XT32 with the full package of SubEQ and it is also Audyssey Installer Pro Ready.
Of course, Marantz is also Denon now (Lexus/Toyota ??). The Editor App is far easier to deal with!!! But...if you're bent on going the Pro route, I'll sell you my Pro kit.
post #37 of 38 Old 06-10-2019, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Of course, Marantz is also Denon now (Lexus/Toyota ??). The Editor App is far easier to deal with!!! But...if you're bent on going the Pro route, I'll sell you my Pro kit.
You are far too kind Amigo!!! Actually, I figured I'd let the XT32 do it's job, if I end up thinking I'd need the Pro set up, I'll definitely look you up

Set up:
post #38 of 38 Old 06-10-2019, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You are far too kind Amigo!!! Actually, I figured I'd let the XT32 do it's job, if I end up thinking I'd need the Pro set up, I'll definitely look you up
For what it's worth, xt32 is not a run and forget utility. It does some things really well, but others not so well. That is the genius of the Editor App. I know it seems too simple too believe that that Harman/Synthesis Curve could make such a big impression, but it's a combination (or synergy) with Audyssey features that is so impressive. Xt32 does a superb job of smoothing the LF range, but their target curve sets the LF flat...which does not sound correct in our residential environs. Dynamic EQ can't make it sound right, although it's doing the right thing. A Cadillac calibration using the Editor App and an RTA tool such as OmniMic or REW for verification passes (with DEQ off) to emulate the Harman/Synthesis Curve sounds absolutely fabulous with DEQ. Then you can really hear what DEQ is meant to do...and everything else also sounds fabulous!

I don't set and forget any of the rooms I do now. Every project gets the full calibration via the above process now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page