New here and preparing a new System at home - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-31-2016, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 34
New here and preparing a new System at home

Hello.

This is my first post. I am Cris from Switzerland.
I am following from some days the AVS forum, since I have the wish to create a completely new media system in my apartment.
I have some ideas for the living room and I wish to realize it by the end of the year.
First, is to have an OLED TV. Probably it will be LG. I dont want it curved and I dont want the soundbar that seems to appear on the last 2016 models. The reason for that is that I would like to use the Sound projector Yamaha YSP-5600, instead. Will i get aldo a subwoofer? I don't know. Maybe I will try it without before, to see if it is enough for my needs.
I would prefer a 65" OLED TV, but depending on the budget I will go on a 55".
Then I have to wait for UHD Blu-ray players.

Moreover I have a Mac in another room. The goal will be to connect it wireless to the living room system. Maybe to get a Wi-Fi hardrive with all movies and music which I can access from the media system in the living room, and from the Mac in the other room. I don't know how to connect the two rooms yet. What is the best option?

I will maybe have some questions while my project grows and I will let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-31-2016, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi there, I'm Travis and I have a lot of questions. I'm searching and reading the forum before I start asking them, however. In the meantime, here is my HTPC setup:
  1. windows 10 pro pc - quad-core hyperthreaded 3.2GHz CPU 24GB of RAM and 32TB of local RAID 5 storage with an nvidia gtx 970 ssc card with HDMI 2.0 out to play [email protected] video
  2. onkyo av receiver tx-nr838 - audio in from pc is connected to 7.1 polk audio surround speaker configuration and video in from pc uses hdmi 2.0 pass through mode from pc to monitor [email protected]
  3. viewsonic vp2780 - lcd display running at 2160p 60hz YCbCr 4:4:4 via hdmi 2.0

The PC is custom, built for photo-editing in Adobe Lightroom and home theater use. Windows 10 Pro runs on a pair of Samsung SSDs in RAID 0 so it is fairly snappy. Local fault tolerant storage array consists of 6 8TB Seagate archival hard drives in RAID 5 with hot spare.

I am using MPC-BE with MadVR as my media player. The system hosts a Plex server as well.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-31-2016, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sorry, meant to post this in the general forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-04-2016, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Media servers are so cool, a raid array from my man cave covers our needs over wireless for all our devices, have fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page