1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrwabam

post #1 of 3 Old 05-16-2019, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
My 5.1.4 Setup

Moved into my house 8 years ago, 1 week in had a 5.1 system installed. Repainted the family room this month, so I decided to use it to my advantage and upgraded the family room setup.

AVR: Denon AVR-X6500H
TV: Sony XBR-75X950G (Incredible TV, I almost went with a Samsung but after demoing them both in the room decided on Sony)
Speakers: Polk TSI300 (rears), CS20 (center), TSI500 (Front). 4x ORIGIN ACOUSTICS D67 (ceiling), Matching Polk 14" sub (think it's 14, purchased with original setup)

Tivo Romio
AppleTV
Xbox One X (Gaming and BD player), not in the rack in one of the built in cabinets.
Roku Ultra 4661
4x Sonos in the Rack with AMPs for my backyard not this room.

2x Inneos BJK-0 Real4K Black Jaguar Series HDMI Over Fiber Optic Extender Kit, One line connects to my xbox one in the built in cabinets for easy access, the other to the TV from the basement Rack
OmniMount Rack
Urc MX-890 Remote (From old setup, still works like a champ)

Overall I could not be more surprised by the impact of going from 5.1 to 5.1.4 , they spent a few hours calibrating the speakers and the TV and it's a noticeable difference. My cleaning lady moved the speakers on me 1 week after the install... FML They fixed it no problem, and I'm going to be putting tape under them so that if it happens again by accident I can get it back to how it was.

Next I'm thinking about upgrading the speakers as they were from the original 5.1 purchase 8 years ago. I'm not sure on that though as they sound incredible in the room especially with the calibration the team did.

If you guys ever need an installer in the MA/NH area, tailormadeav is outstanding. They pay attention to small details and have incredible service. No one will ever see it but I'm personally super impressed with the wiring they did on the rack. I did my best to give a good picture...

The AVS forum has been great- you guys all rule. I haven't posted much in the past (looking to change that) but the reviews/comments here helped me make some choices this go around and with the original purchase. Thanks folks!

What do you guys think about the speaker upgrade? Would welcome any thoughts on if the speakers I have are a good match for the rest of the setup or a BMW with Kia wheels. (No offense to kia owners, just trying to make a point )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1136.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	882.1 KB
ID:	2567806   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1135.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	794.8 KB
ID:	2567808   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1133.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	874.6 KB
ID:	2567810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1132.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	726.8 KB
ID:	2567812   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1131.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	880.6 KB
ID:	2567814  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1130.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	861.1 KB
ID:	2567816  
QuiGonJosh likes this.

Last edited by mrwabam; 05-16-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwabam View Post
Moved into my house 8 years ago, 1 week in had a 5.1 system installed. Repainted the family room this month, so I decided to use it to my advantage and upgraded the family room setup.

AVR: Denon AVR-X6500H
TV: Sony XBR-75X950G (Incredible TV, I almost went with a Samsung but after demoing them both in the room decided on Sony)
Speakers: Polk TSI300 (rears), CS20 (center), TSI500 (Front). 4x ORIGIN ACOUSTICS D67 (ceiling), Matching Polk 14" sub (think it's 14, purchased with original setup)

Tivo Romio
AppleTV
Xbox One X (Gaming and BD player), not in the rack in one of the built in cabinets.
Roku Ultra 4661
4x Sonos in the Rack with AMPs for my backyard not this room.

2x Inneos BJK-0 Real4K Black Jaguar Series HDMI Over Fiber Optic Extender Kit, One line connects to my xbox one in the built in cabinets for easy access, the other to the TV from the basement Rack
OmniMount Rack
Urc MX-890 Remote (From old setup, still works like a champ)

Overall I could not be more surprised by the impact of going from 5.1 to 5.1.4 , they spent a few hours calibrating the speakers and the TV and it's a noticeable difference. My cleaning lady moved the speakers on me 1 week after the install... FML They fixed it no problem, and I'm going to be putting tape under them so that if it happens again by accident I can get it back to how it was.

Next I'm thinking about upgrading the speakers as they were from the original 5.1 purchase 8 years ago. I'm not sure on that though as they sound incredible in the room especially with the calibration the team did.

If you guys ever need an installer in the MA/NH area, tailormadeav is outstanding. They pay attention to small details and have incredible service. No one will ever see it but I'm personally super impressed with the wiring they did on the rack. I did my best to give a good picture...

The AVS forum has been great- you guys all rule. I haven't posted much in the past (looking to change that) but the reviews/comments here helped me make some choices this go around and with the original purchase. Thanks folks!

What do you guys think about the speaker upgrade? Would welcome any thoughts on if the speakers I have are a good match for the rest of the setup or a BMW with Kia wheels. (No offense to kia owners, just trying to make a point )
My Gosh, Your rack cabling is incredible. Super neat.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-10-2019, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
That installer did a great job with setting up the rack. Wish there were more professionals who put in that kind of attention to detail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page