Home Theatre with Emby and Vera Hub - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-18-2019, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Home Theatre with Emby and Vera Hub

Hello all,
I have recently had an 8 month win between some cool home automation hub (Vera) and Home Media Center Media Management (Emby) that might be of interest to some of you for various options to automate and integrate into your well though out media rooms.
Basically I now have the ability to perform any automated action (in my Vera hub) from an action executed in My Media Centre (Emby) and I also have the ability for my Vera Hub to list the active state of Every Emby client and perform emby client actions based on the client state or based on a device in Vera.
Imagine if you were in your sound proof media room watching a movie and someone broke into your garage or a secure aera you would not know until it’s too late but with this setup and my logic I have the following setup:
If motion is triggered while armed in garage sensor then vera will make a bookmark of currently playing media on emby client 1 or 2 then play garage camera feed to emby client 1 and 2 only if they are in active state of consuming media (which will play the Garage camera feed to my media room if media is currently being played) and then if when stop is pressed on the media Center remote then Vera will resume bookmarked previously playing media and your automatically back to where you left off in your movie or media.
You could use this setup for various automation options depending on your desires e.g when you open media room door turn on equipment and play Dolby Atmos intro whilst slowly bringing up light intensity (for some added wow and bling)
Or if hot tub is on after 9pm play soft music on client 3 etc etc
If there is interest I will post links and happy to help start you out on a smarter home cinema room with real WOW factor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page