New to A/V Systems - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-05-2019, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 22
New to A/V Systems

A few years ago, at age 70 and with hf hearing loss, I began to pursue improvements in TV/movie dialog clarity. In my old home I started with a 5.1 Def Tech ProCinema 600 system driven by a Yamaha Aventage RX-A660 AVR. This system worked fairly well for its intended purpose but what it really did was to open my interest in improved audio for music as well as movies. When we decided to build a new home I had the opportunity to build-in the next level of audio improvements. I now have a 5 zone wireless audio driven by Yamaha MusicCast amps and their audio app. For the primary TV room I am now using ELAC debut 5.2 speakers for the L/C/R and in-wall and in-ceiling Polk speakers resulting in a 5.1.2 system with connections for 2 subs. For the other zones, architectural speakers throughout. All-in-all a pretty satisfying system with features & capabilities that I am only beginning to understand and use. Now I can start to dream about my upgrades - certainly a pair of capable subs, and maybe the new ELAC Carina speakers or Ascend Sierra 2s for the front wall. So, in fact, you can teach an old "dog" new tricks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page