post #31 of 35 Old 02-12-2020, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post
My Dalmatian would disagree with you

He could be sound asleep, upside down completely blocking the heating vent snoring away. With his bat ears. As soon as I would open the crisper draw in the fridge. Where I kept the popcorn. He would come running into the kitchen full doggie speed wagging his tail and standby watching me. As soon as the popcorn was added to the air popper and plugged in. He would come to a sit in front of the stove and when one of the escaping popcorns would rocket out of the air popper he would catch it in his mouth mid air. Like a hockey goalie protecting his net. He didn’t miss many.

I like the mushroom popcorn for the air popper.
They don't call them man best friend for nothing... They even protect us from stray popcorn :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 02-12-2020, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainMenard View Post
They don't call them man best friend for nothing... They even protect us from stray popcorn :-)

Twin Pioneer AVR Locomotives-Elite SC 97, SC 1222 7.2.4, DOLBY Atmos and DTS X, (Front Pre Out,) JBL Pro Synthesis LS Series Speakers, F L R-LS80, Cen-LS, S L R-LS60, SB L R-LS60, 4 Dolby Atmos Enabled Klipsch R41SA, Twin Klipsch R120SW, Sony XBR 85X 850G, Sony UBP-X800M2, ATV G4, Yamaha ATS 1060 Sound Bar, True Depth Firestorm 2.0 3D Glasses, Harmony Hub with Utlimate 1 Remote, Broadlink RM Pro2, EYE Pad Air, Winegard FL6550A
post #33 of 35 Old 02-12-2020, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtech View Post
I'm using a silicone microwave popper -- you use regular popcorn and little oil then microwave it. I use it all the time. Easy cleanup, and I add whatever flavorings sound good.
I use the Salbree and it needs no oil at all to pop the corn kernels. The microwave is heating the water in the kernel which is what causes it to pop. Quarter cup of organic popcorn in the Salbree and place it in the microwave and 2.75 minutes later there is perfect popcorn that is uniformly cooked and never a burned piece.

I rinse the Salbree out with cold water and towel dry it and put it back in the drawer until the next time it is used. It takes up only a few inches of drawer height when it is collapsed. Using silicon for kitchenware and utensils is one of the best ideas in years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 Old 02-12-2020, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Whirley Pop for around 20 bucks. Google popcorn and go to one of the online Amish popcorn places and try Baby White, or Lady Finger. Almost hulless and very tender. Also try Mushroom for bigger kernels, also black, Blue, Red, and Rainbow.
Rgb likes this.
post #35 of 35 Old 02-14-2020, 08:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtech View Post
I'm using a silicone microwave popper -- you use regular popcorn and little oil then microwave it. I use it all the time. Easy cleanup, and I add whatever flavorings sound good.
These silicon poppers produce surprisingly good texture popcorn with or without oil. I've never liked the texture of air poppers...

Robert Clark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply AVS Forum® Articles

Tags
Home Theater , orval redenbacher , popcorn maker

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page