In order to access certain features of the site and to post any content, you must register to create an account and become a member. You agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate. AVS Forum reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, not current, or incomplete. You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify AVS Forum of any unauthorized use of your account. If registering via social media, the username field will auto-fill with your imported information which may be your full name. This username field can be edited by you during the registration process but once you complete the registration, it cannot be edited any longer. Do not ask to have your username changed as it cannot be done. Registering more than one single account on AVS Forum for any reason is a strict violation and will result in all accounts being terminated. AVS Forum accounts are permanent and cannot be altered, deleted, or replaced. A functioning account is not needed to contact us.
We may, at our sole discretion, permit members to submit content. By making available any content, you hereby grant to AVS Forum a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sub-license, to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast and otherwise exploit such content. Attempts to mass-delete content may result in said content being restored. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all content that you make available through the site.
You agree, through your use of this site, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum. You agree not to use this forum to accuse anyone, any company, or any product, of being "stupid" or a "fraud" or to use a term like "snake oil" to describe a particular product, as such terms may be viewed as defamatory and abusive. If you see a problematic post, use the "Report Post" system as designed to alert staff members. Never quote or respond to problematic posts yourself as you then become part of the problem.
Special note to dealers, re-sellers, or any person or company that deals in equipment or products for sale. AVS Forum does provide structured opportunities for community engagement by dealers and manufacturers. Please contact us
for more information. Any attempts to self-promote or market in the forums is forbidden.
Reverse engineering and/or materials analysis of audio and home theater components/accessories parts thereof, whether patented or unpatented, shall not be discussed on these forums. You are free to discuss objective test measurements, findings and opinions and subjective opinions. This does not include "Open Source" items. This is necessary to avoid legal complications and to encourage industry and manufacturer participation in these forums.
You further understand that the AVS Forum staff has the final say when it comes to post removals or edits. We make every effort to reach an understanding when dealing with posts that need to be removed or edited. If you have an issue with a volunteer moderator, or a choice made by them, you are asked to bring it to a site administrator’s attention to look into and handle. The site administrators have the final say. Please respect that the volunteer moderators are just that, volunteers. They give their time to help make AVS Forum sites a great place to visit. The use of the the Private Messaging Service is not “Private” in the sense that it is a message seen only by the sender and receiver. While the message is private from the rest of the members, it is not encrypted and the administration of AVSForum.com, Inc. can view them if needed. All rules that apply to posting on the forums also apply to the use of our private Messaging system and violators may have their posting privileges subject to the same revocations as on the Forum in general. AVS Forum can terminate an account for any reason or no reason at all.
AVS Forum Ten commandments
1. Thou shalt remember that the vast majority of the posters on this forum are not employees or in any way affiliated with the manufactures on this site or even the AVS Forum, but are in fact unpaid volunteers who donate hours of their time to provide information and assistance out of the goodness of their hearts, and without recompense.
2. Thou shalt not abuse, insult, harangue, blame, or take your anger out on same when you are experiencing equipment or software problems, or we don't know the answer to your question.
3. Thou shalt remember that polite queries will elicit polite and helpful responses, likewise, that ranting and raving, bashing, and insults will prompt commensurate responses. Ye shall reap what ye sow.
4. Thou shalt remember that all other moderators are unpaid volunteers, who have freely accepted the responsibility of assisting in keeping this Forum organized and bash-free. They are not required to take bad behavior or insults by virtue of their voluntary position.
5. Thou shalt not insult, berate, or comment upon anything personal to do with employees of manufactures who happens to post on this forum. These members most likely are not personally responsible for whatever is bothering you, and they works a great deal harder than many of us to try to assist those in need.
6. Thou shalt remember that although we pride ourselves on our collective ability to provide multiple responses to questions and problems very rapidly, we do all have jobs, and sometimes the demands of paid employment make quick responses impossible. Please bear with us.
7. Thou shalt remember that we love to help out, so please don't be shy and feel free to ask any question, regardless of how silly you may feel asking it, and we'll be happy to help. If you don't understand the information, let us know, and we'll be happy to clarify any confusion you may have.
8. Thou shalt remember to post and let us know if your problem has been resolved, or if you are having any further difficulties.
9. For newbies, Thou shalt post and let us know how everything is going with your new equipment, how you like it, and whether you're having any problems or don't understand all the functions.
10. Above all, Thou shalt care for, cherish, protect and thoroughly enjoy your equipment!
AVS Forum reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue or terminate the site or services or to modify these rules, at any time and without prior notice. By continuing to access or use the site, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified rules. If the rules at any time are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the site.
Bold/Color added 6-23-16