AVS Forum banner

Coaster pavillion seats

28K views 90 replies 39 participants last post by  Boomassiv 
#1 ·
#77 ·
I've had my 3 Coaster Pavillions for about 2 months so far, and I'm absolutely loving them. They recline very easily for manuals, and I really enjoy the adjustable headrest when I want to lean back and comfortably adjust my head position. In fact, with the adjustable headrest I find I want a little more recline in the seatback, but they seem to go back as far as any other chairs I demo'd, so it's not like they're deficient. The adjustable headrest just offers that much comfort fully reclined over seats without it that it could do with more IMO.

I'm 6' 3" and these seats fit me perfectly, and I routinely finding myself falling asleep in them they're so comfortable.

Mine were well put together, and I thought the fit and finish was good to very good for this price point. Any quibbles I had were exceedingly minor and very nitpicky. So they get a 10/10 on quality, especially at this price point. I especially like the leather quality, I was very impressed with it at this price point.

Ken at Stargate helped me with the few questions I had on here, and they had the best pricing on them, so they were the no-brainer choice on where to source them. Shipping was quick and drama-free.

About the only negative of the whole thing is the sore back from carrying them up the stairs by myself because I was so excited to get them in the media room!

#79 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettmcfarlan  /t/1195901/coaster-pavillion-seats/0_80#post_24009669

How curved are these seats? I'm looking for straight rows, but these looks really nice. If they were up against a wall, how far out would the ends stick out on a 3 or 4 seat row?

They curve a bit. I have a 2 seat row in the front and I bet the sides curve in at least a couple inches. It would probably be exaggerated more on a 3-4 seat model.

Reactions: ellisr63
#80 ·

Hi, I just saw your post about the pavilion seats, I'm thinking about getting some in a dedicated home theater I am making. It measures width 11' 2'' Do you think it's possible to put 2 of those seats on each side with maybe at least a small walkway in between the two sets? Is it possible you can tell me what the width of two pavilion seats together is? If you could I would really help me out a lot, Thanks!

#81 ·
vampiro333:

2 Seats as |OVO| (they have a slight curve) are 68" wide. So if you went this model, it sounds like you'd have to do a row of three in the center of your room.

There are a couple of models like the Palliser Elite and Palliser Accelerator that when configured as straight rows of two as |OO| (basically a loveseat with no middle arm) are 59". There is one model of seats, the RowOne Applause, that is 60" wide configured as |O|O|. That is the most narrow seat on the market that I am aware of and even that will only leave you with 14" between the two sets of two chairs.

Here are the rest of the dimensions in case you or anyone else needs them:

Row of 2 Seats:68"w

Row of 3 Seats:101"w

Row of 4 Seats:134"w

Reactions: ellisr63
#82 ·
I just ordered 4 for my HT yesterday, and they should be here by Saturday. I hope that they ordered the correct ones... We got 1 left, 1 right, and 2 centers. I told the Salesman I want 4 drink holders so we will see how it ends up. He was telling me it will be 4 but the end seats will have arm rests on boths sides and the center will have no armrest...does that sound correct?

#83 ·
sounds wrong to me, if you want a row of 4, you should have 5 armrests and 5 cupholders. Most of the time you don't have 2 chairs with 2 armrests either, that would give you 6 armrests and I am unsure how that would go together. You probably need to have 1 2 arm chair middle, lf chair, rf chair and another lf chair or another rf chair to do row of 4.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

#86 ·
I just got them installed... They have 5 cupholders (no love seat in the center). They are pretty nice for the money. The C/O is Vietnam, which i would rather have than China. :)

Now i have my carbon filter on to suck out the fumes from the new chairs. Hopefully a few days of fresh air, and the filter will get the room smelling fresh again.

#89 ·
The old saying goes you can judge a book by it's cover. Same goes for mfg of products. You can't say something in Vietnam is made better than something in China or USA, way to general of a statement. It's about mfg companies not countries, so if you use the right company and they follow the right standards etc then that's how you choose supplier. We don't choose suppliers based on the country. We choose suppliers based on the company irregardless of what country they are in. I would not choose my own personal products based on country of origin but on quality of product, value for money and support of the mfg. It's a worldwide economy, the products you buy today even USA made products all have parts from overseas countries. You can try to by American but it's almost impossible today to buy a product totally American as some parts with come from overseas.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.