My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 151Likes

post #961 of 1816 Old 12-19-2014, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 133
I just ordered 4 escapes in brown leather from Roman, and it was a very easy transaction. Thanks again!

Receiver: Emotiva Fusion 8100
Fronts: Klipsch klf-10 / Center: Klipsch klf-c7 / Surrounds: Klipsch klf-10
Subs: Two 18" Dayton PA460's + Paradigm PS-1200
Sub amp: Behringer Inuke3000dsp
Television: Sharp Aquos LC70SQ15U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 1816 Old 12-22-2014, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I just ordered 6 Fusion Escapes in black leather from Roman. Like everyone says, he is a real pleasure to deal with, great guy.
fst96se likes this.
post #963 of 1816 Old 12-22-2014, 01:00 PM
mgp

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcodeguy View Post
I just ordered 6 Fusion Escapes in black leather from Roman. Like everyone says, he is a real pleasure to deal with, great guy.
Based on outstanding reviews I read online about the chairs and customer service, I ordered 3 Jive-1013 chairs for my theater. The wife was a little apprehensive about spending that much money for something sight unseen. She needn't have worried. Communication with Roman was outstanding and I had my chairs delivered in a week. They arrived with one box a little beat up but the contents were undamaged.

Assembly is a as simple as sliding the back on until it locks in place. Be warned, these chairs are heavy. They are well built and should last for years.

As far as comfort, they are firm but everyone loves them. The power recline is smooth, quiet and moves at a good rate.

I am extremely satisfied with my purchase and plan on buying another row of 3 in the near future.

Thanks Roman...

Sharp Elite Pro-70x5fd Display
Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Onkyo TX-NR3009 Receiver
Emotiva XPA-5 Amp
Sony PS3
Triton 2 L/R
SCXL Center
SS50 Surround
SS3 Rear
SVS SB13-Ultra Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #964 of 1816 Old 12-26-2014, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I received a Buttkicker LFE kit for Christmas! *woot*

Is there a way to attach these directly to one of my chairs (Fusion Escape) or does it just sit on the little pad thing that came with the kit?
post #965 of 1816 Old 12-26-2014, 10:49 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 96
The BK-LFE is too big for the chair. It will not fit under it. The reclining mech. cross bar will hit the BK while reclining. The perfect buttkicker in terms of size, fit and power is advanced BK4-4 one.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #966 of 1816 Old 12-26-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
The BK-LFE is too big for the chair. It will not fit under it. The reclining mech. cross bar will hit the BK while reclining. The perfect buttkicker in terms of size, fit and power is advanced BK4-4 one.
My bad, I have the kit which does include the BK4-4, so back to my original question do we just bolt it onto the cross bar directly or is there a better way?

This kit.
post #967 of 1816 Old 12-26-2014, 12:49 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Then it should be very easy. Our chairs come BUTTKICKER READY, and that means that the kinetic rubber isolators, as well as buttkicker plate with predrilled wholes for the advanced BK4-4 buttkicker is factory pre-installed. We even provide bolts and nuts. All you have to do is mount the buttkicker onto the plate and secure it with provided hardware. The wire it to the BK amp. That is all.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #968 of 1816 Old 12-26-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Then it should be very easy. Our chairs come BUTTKICKER READY, and that means that the kinetic rubber isolators, as well as buttkicker plate with predrilled wholes for the advanced BK4-4 buttkicker is factory pre-installed. We even provide bolts and nuts. All you have to do is mount the buttkicker onto the plate and secure it with provided hardware. The wire it to the BK amp. That is all.
Humm, I don't seen any plate (and I don't remember any extra hardware). Were the chairs "Buttkicker Ready" when I purchased them back in 2011?
post #969 of 1816 Old 12-26-2014, 01:20 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

No, we just started then, and you probably got the chairs that did not have that feature yet.. We added the BK-READY feature a bit later.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #970 of 1816 Old 12-26-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
No, we just started then, and you probably got the chairs that did not have that feature yet.. We added the BK-READY feature a bit later.
Which leads us back to... What's the best way to setup an older Fusion-Escape with the Bk4-4?
post #971 of 1816 Old 12-26-2014, 01:26 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

You can get a plate and isolators from us, or you can get a piece of plywood in HOme depot, cut it to the size and bolt it to the bottom frame of the chairs. You would need to pre-drilled the wholes for the BKs, and I would still suggest replacing the plastic feet with the isolators.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #972 of 1816 Old 12-26-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
You can get a plate and isolators from us, or you can get a piece of plywood in HOme depot, cut it to the size and bolt it to the bottom frame of the chairs. You would need to pre-drilled the wholes for the BKs, and I would still suggest replacing the plastic feet with the isolators.
I'm on it. I'll post project photos when I get it done in case anyone else is doing a similar project.

On a side note, I've had the Fusion chairs since 2011, other than being jealous of the USB ports on the new models, I love the hell out of these chairs. They have held up well and get tons of use.
post #973 of 1816 Old 12-26-2014, 08:47 PM

That's good to hear! Mine should be here Tuesday

post #974 of 1816 Old 12-28-2014, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 232
I am looking for a tablet holder that fits in the accessory slot in one of my escapes. Has anyone tried this? http://www.stargatecinema.com/pallis...et-holder.html

Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 YamahaCX-A5200 Gemstone 200x7 Emotiva upa-500 amps
Oppo 103 Sony UBP-X800 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Jvc RS520 projector
silver ticket 125 2.35 screen Golden Ear Triton 5 L&R
super center XXL triton 7's sides Martin logan motion 12 rears
4 RSL C34 in ceiling SVS PB2-plus sub Outlaw LFM-1-plus sub
post #975 of 1816 Old 01-04-2015, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm in the market for a 4-seat, love seat center, config and looks like this is offered on all of the different types of Fusion chairs. There is really no good way for me test these based on where I live relative to NJ so just curious if there are any major "fit" / "feel" differences between the different chair types? Other than seat width, adjustable head rest, etc. If it makes it any easier, I'm mainly looking at the Escape and Streamline.
post #976 of 1816 Old 01-04-2015, 03:12 PM

I went back and forth about the streamline vs the escapes myself.. I honestly liked the looks of the streamline a bit better, but for the difference in price, getting the motorized headrest was a no brainer. As everyone says, it sounds kinda gimmicky at first, but once you have it, you can't go without it. I've had my escapes since Tuesday, and I love them so far. It was a bit of a pain in the ass to get the four boxes up two flights of stairs, but we strapped them to our handtruck and huffed them up there. They go together easy enough, and I didn't have any damage on mine. Been enjoying movies and tv a lot more comfortably since they went up there

post #977 of 1816 Old 01-04-2015, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I've got a set of 3 Jives coming on Friday, very excited!
post #978 of 1816 Old 01-05-2015, 10:00 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm in the market for a 4-seat, love seat center, config and looks like this is offered on all of the different types of Fusion chairs. There is really no good way for me test these based on where I live relative to NJ so just curious if there are any major "fit" / "feel" differences between the different chair types? Other than seat width, adjustable head rest, etc. If it makes it any easier, I'm mainly looking at the Escape and Streamline.

All our chairs have the same construction and the same features like:

* Wallaway feature only requires 4-6 inches of wall clearance
* Easily removable backs
* Chaise design that provides full head-to-toe support
* Pocketed spring coil cushion for the best support and longevity
* Power recline
* Generously sized two part cup holders with stainless steel insert removable for easy cleaning - Lagoon, Jive & Tribute)
* BK-READY feature - Kinetic rubber isolators, and a buttkicker plate that will accept the mini or the BK4-4 advanced buttkicker are factory preinstalled.
* USB port allows you to charge an iPhone, iPad, 3D Glasses and other compatible accessories

Different style groups add more/different features, and base on what you personally need you can choose once vs. another.

Comfort is very subjective, and very hard to recommend based upon. I believe that all our chairs are quite comfortable, but I have seen the local customers who visited our warehouse choosing different styles,ad I believe that it was based on their tastes, preferences and price point.= they were looking for.

I would say that the only chair that would be smaller than others is Jive-1013, and it still works very well for people who are around 6' tall.

If you have any specific questions, contact me off line, and I will gladly answer all of them.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #979 of 1816 Old 01-07-2015, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 31
We love our chairs from Roman. I only had a small quibble with them, the armrest would lift itself if it was bumped at all. Playing video games and thrashing around in seat invariably caused the armrest to "auto open". I pulled two screws out of the wooden support block and repositioned the block ~2" closer to the front end of the armrest. I lost some of the full open height, but it doesn't self open anymore. Yeah!
I have the leather chairs and recently applied a leather conditioner to them, I hadn't realized how dried out they had become. They are now butter soft again and a richer darker color, like when they were new.
The chairs were almost too firm when new, and now they are perfect. We watch movies about 4 times a week, and at this rate I can say without a doubt that I think these chairs will last a lifetime. Excellent build quality and quality materials. I do remember having to tighten up a few bolts underneath one thou. No biggie, nothing missing or broken. I have the leather / bonded mixed seats. I cannot tell one from the other. High quality material.
I would recommend these to anyone sight unseen. No problem.
Open invitation to anyone thinking of buying a set near Sacramento, come test butt drive at my house. PM to set up a time.
Thanks Roman,
Ron

"New Member" since 2007....
post #980 of 1816 Old 01-08-2015, 06:14 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
We love our chairs from Roman. I only had a small quibble with them, the armrest would lift itself if it was bumped at all. Playing video games and thrashing around in seat invariably caused the armrest to "auto open". I pulled two screws out of the wooden support block and repositioned the block ~2" closer to the front end of the armrest. I lost some of the full open height, but it doesn't self open anymore. Yeah!
Ron,

You can also install a few washers in between the hydraulic arm and the wooden black that is attached to the arm cap. That will lower the hydraulic arm and will keep the arm cap closed preventing it from popping up.

I am glad you like the chairs

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #981 of 1816 Old 01-08-2015, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I've had my chairs for 18 months but have really only used them a few months of that time due to rebuilding my theater.

My impressions:
1) At first I thought the seats were on the firm side, but after probably 20-40 hours of sitting they are very comfortable. Not at all saggy nor too stiff. I like them a great deal.
2) I have leather and after sitting a while, they have become squeaky. I read in here that baby powder or other things will resolve this and I'll try it. It does it if you shift in the chair or if you are rising or reclining. Doesn't bother me, but I'll fix it and I think it is normal and easily fixed.
3) I think that the chairs are a great value and like others, it is a bit hard to buy something site unseen, but I did it and I'm very happy I did.

For the price point, I'm very happy. I bought Lagoons and the Escapes were tempting. My friend bought 4 Escapes and loves them. I refuse to sit in his, so that I'm not saddened, but I'm happy with my purchase.

Audio: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion 12 Tempest (LCR), Fusion 8 Alchemy (4xSurrounds+2xWides+2xHeights),4 x 15" Dayton Ultimax
Video: Sony VPL-HW40ES, Darbee Darblet, SMX 2.35:1 Screen
Seating: Fusion Lagoon Chairs
Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #982 of 1816 Old 01-09-2015, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have 5 chairs got from roman about a year and a half or so ago. Used them for a total of about 6-8 films (still have tags hanging on them) but due to unfortunate circumstances i am going to have to sell asap. It sucks as I love the theater but life has gotten me in a bad way right now. They aren't even close to broke in yet.

Sent via my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #983 of 1816 Old 01-09-2015, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I ordered (7) electric Fusion Jives from Roman and it was a seamless transaction. Roman was very accommodating and for the price you will never find better. Highly recommend.

-
My Theater Build

Equipment List: Denon X5200, Epson 6030, 120" Carada cinemascope screen, Panamorph U480, Oppo-103, Emotiva XPA-5, SVS PB12-NSD, LSA Statement LCR & surround speakers, Def Tech ProCinema 1000 rears, DefTech DI5.5R Atmos overheads, Grafik Eye 3106
post #984 of 1816 Old 01-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I bought 7 of the Fusion Escapes in black leather from Roman about 2 years ago. They have been through about 100 movies so 200-250 hours of use.

Love the chairs even more than I did when I got them. When I bought them, I felt like the headrest and cupholder coolers were gimmick. After 2 years, I still think the cupholder cooler is a gimmick and the fan on it drives me nuts. The headrest, however, is something I will never go without again. Being able to lean the chair all the way back but still have your head supported is now a necessity for me. Can't image owning chairs that did not do it. Having them electrically controlled is convenient and a show-off feature when your friends come over.

The only issue I had with them was that the lights in the armrest really bugged me once I moved them into a fully light controlled theater. I was able to pay to upgrade the controls (included at no charge in the new chairs) in the front row and have been very happy with them every since. I do have one chair, my main chair, that does not like to retract if I have fully reclined it but I just shift further back in the chair and it reclines fine. Roman gave me some things to check a year or so ago but it is not much of a problem so I have not put any time into it.

The material, seems, cushions and springs have all held up great to a lot of use. And I am a big guy (6'1, 280lbs) so that says something about quality. Like most have said, I thought the chairs were way too firm when I first got them but they are much better now. I would still like them a little bit less firm but the firmness is great for watching movies in long stints. I have done 4 or 5 marathons where we were in the chairs for 12+ hours each day and have never gotten out of them feeling stiff or with a hurting back. The only mark on the leather, after all this time, is a small scratch on one of the footrests that one of my dogs put into it right after I got the chairs. Other than that, they've survived 100 movies with both my small dogs present without an issue.

Were I to go back in time, I would make the same choice. The quality, price and support is really top notch for the Escapes. 5 stars all the way.

/edit: The only new feature I wish I had in mine today is the USB Charging port. That would be a nice feature to have.

Shan
post #985 of 1816 Old 01-10-2015, 08:08 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Shan,

The USB can be retrofitted, and you can have the in your chairs.

Contact me off line, and I will explain.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #986 of 1816 Old 01-10-2015, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Roman,
Concerning the USB retrofit. Why not just post it online? I'm sure there are many of us who would like to know the difficulty level to install them and a general $$$.
Most of us would not contact you just for this upgrade, but if it's online.......Well it might just be something we would think about and purchase later. (A bug in our ear, if you will) English slang.

Ron

"New Member" since 2007....
post #987 of 1816 Old 01-11-2015, 07:40 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Shan,

The USB can be retrofitted, and you can have the in your chairs.

Contact me off line, and I will explain.
Roman, I just sent you an email about getting a USB retrofit. Do you have any specs such as output amps?

The Tributes I purchased two years ago are used daily and are still in like new condition.

Thanks!
post #988 of 1816 Old 01-12-2015, 07:26 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Concerning the USB retrofit. Why not just post it online? I'm sure there are many of us who would like to know the difficulty level to install them and a general $$$.
Ron,

I am just trying to stay within forum rules and not advertise and provide prices here. That is all. Anyone who is interested in any of our products can easily email me, and I usually respond in reasonable time frame.

Scott,

I have replied to your email.
a4pat likes this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #989 of 1816 Old 01-13-2015, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Been thinking about pulling the trigger on the streamline (1017). I would love to hear some reviews from new owners.
post #990 of 1816 Old 01-13-2015, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just to add to the echo chamber, I received my set of 3 Lagoons from Roman today and I could not be happier. They arrived in great shape, were easy to assemble and are oh so comfortable to sit in. My only regret is I had to return to work to finish out my day. I bought these chairs sight unseen, on the strength of the reviews from this forum alone and I know I made a good choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page