My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 59 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 134Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1741 of 1759 Old 03-14-2019, 05:17 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,162
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Ladeback,

Sorry to hear about the surgery. I hope it is not anything serious, and wish you quick recovery.

I would definitely opt to move the door from the back to the side wall. This will give you more space for the bar or seating width and depth wise.

In terms of how many chairs in a row you would want - it would depends on how wide and deep your room is, and how many seats in your theater you would ultimately want.

Remember, you need at least 2 feet for each isle (with the door on the side your back row of seating gets more width - no isles needed), and at least 6 - 6.5 foot depth for the second row seating platform.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
rsh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1742 of 1759 Old 03-14-2019, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,267
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
Ladeback,

Sorry to hear about the surgery. I hope it is not anything serious, and wish you quick recovery.

I would definitely opt to move the door from the back to the side wall. This will give you more space for the bar or seating width and depth wise.

In terms of how many chairs in a row you would want - it would depends on how wide and deep your room is, and how many seats in your theater you would ultimately want.

Remember, you need at least 2 feet for each isle (with the door on the side your back row of seating gets more width - no isles needed), and at least 6 - 6.5 foot depth for the second row seating platform.
Roman,

It is not serious, I had some weight loss surgery and am trying to get healthier so I will be around longer I hope.

As for the room it is 14'x25'-9"x8'-6". I am looking to going from a fixed 120" 16:9 screen first row eyes to screen is 11' to a 153" 2.39:1 AT screen with first row eyes to screen 11'. With this set up I figure I could do either 2 rows with a bar or two rows. Just not sure if 2 rows of 4 will work. I know the Jive is 21.5 and my current recliner I set in is that wide and fit just fine. I was thinking ether going with a couch in the Jive lOOOOl or the four seat with center love seat lOlOOlOl and for the second row a regular 4 seat lOlOlOlOl. If I go with the the two rows of three and a bar a was thinking of going with the Lagoon 1011. I also like the Tribute 1015, because of the adjustable headrest.

On the leather/vinyl combo, what part is leather and what part is vinyl? Not sure when I would need them. May do one row and use what three chairs I have in the room now if I went with the three row set up.

Here are my two room designs based on the door just past the middle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.37.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	692.0 KB
ID:	2538924   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.38.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	743.4 KB
ID:	2538926  

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is offline  
post #1743 of 1759 Old 03-14-2019, 12:03 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,162
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
It is not serious, I had some weight loss surgery and am trying to get healthier so I will be around longer I hope.
Good for you.

ok, here are my thoughts:

1. With 14 foot wide room, and 2 foot isles (that is all you really need), you will have 10'=120" for the chairs. You do not have to go with the IOOOOI configuration.

You can do any of the following:

Lagoon-1011
Straight set of 4 with the loveseat in the middle IOIOOIOI - 118" wide

Jive-1013
Straight set of 4 with the arms in between IOIOIOIOI - 114.25" wide
Straight set of 4 with the loveseat in the middle IOIOOIOI - 109" wide
Curved set of 4 with the loveseat in the middle IOVOOVOI - 115.25" wide

Tribute-1015
Straight set of 4 with the loveseat in the middle IOIOOIOI - 120" wide

Streamline-1017
Straight set of 4 with the loveseat in the middle IOIOOIOI - 121" wide

2. With 25 foot long room, you can do a bar in the back - will take 4-5 feet, leaving you with 20-21 feet for the 2 rows of seats, which is more than enough. if you build a 12' deep riser from the back of the room and use 5' for the bar area, it will place your front row of seats 13' away from the screen. This is just a example. You can play around with the numbers and do what works best. It is definitely doable.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
rsh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1744 of 1759 Old 03-14-2019, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Moebius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 1,602
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
As for the room it is 14'x25'-9"x8'-6". I am looking to going from a fixed 120" 16:9 screen first row eyes to screen is 11' to a 153" 2.39:1 AT screen with first row eyes to screen 11'. With this set up I figure I could do either 2 rows with a bar or two rows. Just not sure if 2 rows of 4 will work. I know the Jive is 21.5 and my current recliner I set in is that wide and fit just fine. I was thinking ether going with a couch in the Jive lOOOOl or the four seat with center love seat lOlOOlOl and for the second row a regular 4 seat lOlOlOlOl. If I go with the the two rows of three and a bar a was thinking of going with the Lagoon 1011. I also like the Tribute 1015, because of the adjustable headrest.
Since you're room dimensions are very close to mine minus the sloped ceiling (I'm at 14x24), you've got some options to work with. With eyes at 11', the back of the front row would sit at roughly 12'. 6' riser takes you to 18', leaving 7' for a bar behind. You'll want to tailor the bar size to allow room behind (especially if you're not able to move the door as you plan).

A couple of thoughts/questions. How many people are you looking to seat most regularly? For example, if you wanted to have a little more room for a bar, you could do what several folks around here (myself included) have done and use theater style seats for the second row as overflow. However, if you'd be having more than just the front row as the norm rather than exception, that might not be as preferable, so you're back to 2 rows of recliners.

If you want a basic perspective since our rooms are pretty close. I have a front row of 4 Fusion Jives with eyes at 11' from screen (12' from wall) from the screen, a 5' riser with 4 theater seats which allows plenty of room to move around seated people, then a standing bar immediately behind the riser (in fact mounted to the back of the riser) that is 14" deep and sits about 46" from the back wall.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
Moebius is offline  
post #1745 of 1759 Old 03-14-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,267
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Thanks guys for the input.

Moebius, most of the time it will just be my wife and I maybe another couple or two for movie nights. The bar is more for overflow or when I am just want to sit up high as md maybe mess around with my laptop in the theater. I have thought of the regular movie seats, but I would have them in the front row. I want the second row especially the middle seat MLP to the place to sit, so I want the good seats there. If I went with a 133" 16:9 regular screen I could have more room for the bar area.

Roman, I know what your you mean by I could fit the full Jive or others in there, was just thinking it would be nice to watch football in the theater and be laying on a couch. That's the reason I was going for it. The other option would be with the love seat 4 seat in the front and a regular 4 seat in the second row. Now not sure how often I would fill 8 to 12 seats if I went three rows of 4, but it would be cool.

Thanks again for the help.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is offline  
post #1746 of 1759 Old 03-15-2019, 07:01 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,162
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Roman, I know what your you mean by I could fit the full Jive or others in there, was just thinking it would be nice to watch football in the theater and be laying on a couch. That's the reason I was going for it. The other option would be with the love seat 4 seat in the front and a regular 4 seat in the second row. Now not sure how often I would fill 8 to 12 seats if I went three rows of 4, but it would be cool.
I would not do the 4 seat couch configuration. These are very comfortable recliners, and after your sit in them and see that you are able to adjust your reclining position to your liking you would never need to lay across that couch. Also with the couch you have to have armless pieces, and you loose the armrest with the storage compartment, tray table and USB port. Chair/loveseat/chair would be much better solution. if you want to have a loveseat.
Ladeback likes this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
rsh is offline  
post #1747 of 1759 Old 03-15-2019, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Moebius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 1,602
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 136
To add to what Roman said, I'll second the no couch idea. We use the 2 chair/loveseat combo and have been VERY happy with it. When we've got company over, the armrest goes in, and while it does narrow the seat a bit, unless you're ogre sized like me, it's not that much. But when it's just the wife and me, we pull it out and snuggle up in the loveseat with the recliners back. Heck, there are even times when I've been alone, sat in the loveseat section and reclined both seats so I could stetch out a bit sideways.
Ladeback likes this.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
Moebius is offline  
post #1748 of 1759 Old 03-15-2019, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,267
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
To add to what Roman said, I'll second the no couch idea. We use the 2 chair/loveseat combo and have been VERY happy with it. When we've got company over, the armrest goes in, and while it does narrow the seat a bit, unless you're ogre sized like me, it's not that much. But when it's just the wife and me, we pull it out and snuggle up in the loveseat with the recliners back. Heck, there are even times when I've been alone, sat in the loveseat section and reclined both seats so I could stetch out a bit sideways.
Thanks for the input. I am currently a very large guy, working on trying to get smaller. If I get small enough we should be able leave the armrest in or out. Not sure when I would be ready though. It will be a while.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is offline  
post #1749 of 1759 Old 03-16-2019, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Moebius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 1,602
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
Thanks for the input. I am currently a very large guy, working on trying to get smaller. If I get small enough we should be able leave the armrest in or out. Not sure when I would be ready though. It will be a while.
If you want a basis for comparison, I'm 6'7", and maxed out at 375lb (down about 35 since I decided enough was enough in November). With the armrest in place, it does come up against my legs, but in all honesty the only time we use it is with company, and we're usually giving the company the prime seats anyway, so I rarely sit there when it's in place.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
Moebius is offline  
post #1750 of 1759 Old 03-16-2019, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,267
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
I am currently 6' 394 working to getting into the low 200's. I'm a ways off from needing seats.

One question other question; we want leather, I take the main sitting area and the arm rest are leather and the sides and backs are vinyl?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is offline  
post #1751 of 1759 Old 03-18-2019, 04:42 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,162
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
I am currently 6' 394 working to getting into the low 200's. I'm a ways off from needing seats.

One question other question; we want leather, I take the main sitting area and the arm rest are leather and the sides and backs are vinyl?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The chairs we stock are mostly in top grain leather on all the surfaces you touch, and matching vinyl on the sides of the chair arms and very back of the chairs.

I do have a set or two in ALL TOP GRAIN leather, and if necessary any of our style groups can be done this way as a custom order in variety of colors.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
rsh is offline  
post #1752 of 1759 Old 04-05-2019, 06:08 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,162
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Gamingphreek,

Have you finished your room?

Do you have any more pictures?

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
rsh is offline  
post #1753 of 1759 Old 04-09-2019, 09:25 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Last week I took delivery of 4 Escape chairs. I live close to the warehouse so I was able to test all the models first - but for me the Escape was the best choice. I am 6'3" so the powered headrest was the killer feature. We got the black top grain leather.

These chairs look awesome in our room. We love them. They are extremely comfortable. I love the deep arm storage and the tables. Might order an LED light.

I sit about 8'10" from a 75" Vizio TV. the 4K looks amazing, but regular TV (DirecTV 720P content) is not that great at that distance. I am waffling about returning the 75" for a 65". Can't figure out what to do. any suggestions?

Nothing to add about the customer service with Roman - all good. If you are considering the Escape chairs go for it, you will not be disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5793.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2550802  
jonrud12 is offline  
post #1754 of 1759 Old 04-09-2019, 10:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tcramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,292
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrud12 View Post
Last week I took delivery of 4 Escape chairs. I live close to the warehouse so I was able to test all the models first - but for me the Escape was the best choice. I am 6'3" so the powered headrest was the killer feature. We got the black top grain leather.

These chairs look awesome in our room. We love them. They are extremely comfortable. I love the deep arm storage and the tables. Might order an LED light.

I sit about 8'10" from a 75" Vizio TV. the 4K looks amazing, but regular TV (DirecTV 720P content) is not that great at that distance. I am waffling about returning the 75" for a 65". Can't figure out what to do. any suggestions?

Nothing to add about the customer service with Roman - all good. If you are considering the Escape chairs go for it, you will not be disappointed.
My suggestion - don't ever go smaller! DirecTV will still not look any better, just a smaller picture. I think the trade off of slightly more up scaled artifacts for a larger picture is worth it.
tcramer is offline  
post #1755 of 1759 Old 04-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Newbie
 
trey99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Great Chairs

I purchased 6 of the Escape chairs and I've been extremely happy with them. I was originally looking at the other models, but after driving from DC to test out the chairs in NJ, I really had to have the Escape's. They are extremely comfortable and the ability to move the neck support is awesome. We also bought quite a few of the accessories and they've been great. I bought:
  • flexible tray table - seems pretty nice but we really don't use the tables for much of anything
  • wine glass holder - work really well and very sturdy
  • LED light - produces just the right amount of light to illuminate a notebook without destroying everyone else's experience

I'm 6'2" 200 lbs and my wife is 5'7" 120 lbs and the chairs work great for both of us. My young kids love them too but they'd probably be fine in anything.

Based upon space constraints I had to push my chairs off to one side and it's been working fine. I'm also planning to put in a platform for the back chairs but haven't quite gotten to it yet.

Roman was extremely helpful with all of my questions. The shipping and white glove delivery worked great. I did not have any issues and would definitely recommend the product and the team.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	file1-1.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	2550860   Click image for larger version

Name:	file-1.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	2550862  
trey99 is offline  
post #1756 of 1759 Old 04-10-2019, 08:10 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,162
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Trey,

I really like your room - very clean modern look, and the ceiling looks cool as well.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
rsh is offline  
post #1757 of 1759 Old 04-10-2019, 08:54 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGPass View Post
Just placed my order for 9 Lagoon 1011's! Doing a row of 5 straight in the back and a row of 4 with center love seat. Pics/review to come (when my theater is done). Roman is the man!
Just realized I never posted my update when things got done. Still some work to do in the room but the seats are great, especially for the price and how many I needed!

I think my only comment is I wish I could somehow mount them to each other so they don't move when my kids decide they want to jump over them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190410_083647.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2551296  
FGPass is offline  
post #1758 of 1759 Old 04-10-2019, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,267
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey99 View Post
I purchased 6 of the Escape chairs and I've been extremely happy with them. I was originally looking at the other models, but after driving from DC to test out the chairs in NJ, I really had to have the Escape's. They are extremely comfortable and the ability to move the neck support is awesome. We also bought quite a few of the accessories and they've been great. I bought:
  • flexible tray table - seems pretty nice but we really don't use the tables for much of anything
  • wine glass holder - work really well and very sturdy
  • LED light - produces just the right amount of light to illuminate a notebook without destroying everyone else's experience

I'm 6'2" 200 lbs and my wife is 5'7" 120 lbs and the chairs work great for both of us. My young kids love them too but they'd probably be fine in anything.

Based upon space constraints I had to push my chairs off to one side and it's been working fine. I'm also planning to put in a platform for the back chairs but haven't quite gotten to it yet.

Roman was extremely helpful with all of my questions. The shipping and white glove delivery worked great. I did not have any issues and would definitely recommend the product and the team.
Nice chairs and great looking room.

What is your room dimensions and what size is your screen?

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is offline  
post #1759 of 1759 Old 04-15-2019, 07:06 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,162
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
I think my only comment is I wish I could somehow mount them to each other so they don't move when my kids decide they want to jump over them.
I do not believe the chairs that are on the carpet will move, but if you really want to physically have them attached one to another, you can get heavy duty wire ties, and tie metal frames under the chairs together.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
rsh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off