My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 61 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 152Likes

post #1801 of 1818 Old 06-13-2019, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
New Theater renovation thanks to Roman!

Hello all, I just wanted to give a huge shoutout to Roman for helping redo my theater! I first discovered Roman two years ago when I was first renovating my theater space (I think my old theater build thread from 2017 is still up). At the time I purchased the lagoon chairs from him after visiting the showroom as I liked the look and feel of those chairs the best. My family got a lot of use and enjoyment out of these chairs from day one. Unfortunately my basement had a small flood that necessitated the whole space to be gutted. The bottom row of chairs took on about an inch of water before I could lift them up onto the riser and safety. That coupled with months of renovation, sawdust everywhere and drastic temperature changes in the basement I was really worried that the chairs would be lost and I'd have to buy new ones or at least have them reconditioned. To my surprise they cleaned up very well and functioned great (including the buttkickers that were originally installed). This is definitely a testament to the quality and durability of these chairs and I highly recommend them.

In addition, I decided to take this opportunity to step up my home theater to the way I wanted it to be in the beginning but couldn't due to budget constraints. When I bought the chairs I decided to skip audio upgrades and the acoustic treatments that Roman recommended at the time. Since the basement and theatre got partially gutted, I decided to take this opportunity to do that now. Roman and his team did a full acoustic treatment of the whole room (18' x 24' x 8'), rebuilt my riser into a proper bass trap and installed a full dolby atmos 7.2.4 system, with sonance speakers, and a new, even larger, acoustically transparent EPV screen. We are so thrilled with the new theater! I read about acoustic treatments so many times but after experiencing the before and after it is truly remarkable! Thank you Roman for the great work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Theater Seats.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	2579492  
Mike_WI likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1818 Old 06-13-2019, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Sounds awesome. I didn’t realize Roman did complete theaters with sound treatments and electronics.
Mike_WI likes this.

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC. ATI 6005, AT527NC, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), SR3's sides, LR3's (rears), Seaton Submersive HP, Marantz VP15s1, 123" diag 16:9 Stewart Cima Neve screen, Oppo BDP-103, Palliser Flicks Theater Seating AC Power: Eaton whole-house surge protector at main panel, three dedicated 20 amp circuits, Surgex XR315 surge protector at equipment rack, Cyberpower 1400VA/900 watt, true sine wave UPS.
post #1803 of 1818 Old 06-14-2019, 05:00 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post
Sounds awesome. I didn’t realize Roman did complete theaters with sound treatments and electronics.
Me neither.
We need more info...

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1804 of 1818 Old 06-14-2019, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post
Me neither.
We need more info...
I'll let Roman tell you guys about the extent of his theater build services, but it definitely helped that we're both located fairly close to each other in NJ. He's without a doubt very knowledgeable and vastly upgraded the sound quality, look and feel of our theater space.
post #1805 of 1818 Old 06-17-2019, 05:42 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Hello all, I just wanted to give a huge shoutout to Roman for helping redo my theater! I first discovered Roman two years ago when I was first renovating my theater space (I think my old theater build thread from 2017 is still up). At the time I purchased the lagoon chairs from him after visiting the showroom as I liked the look and feel of those chairs the best. My family got a lot of use and enjoyment out of these chairs from day one. Unfortunately my basement had a small flood that necessitated the whole space to be gutted. The bottom row of chairs took on about an inch of water before I could lift them up onto the riser and safety. That coupled with months of renovation, sawdust everywhere and drastic temperature changes in the basement I was really worried that the chairs would be lost and I'd have to buy new ones or at least have them reconditioned. To my surprise they cleaned up very well and functioned great (including the buttkickers that were originally installed). This is definitely a testament to the quality and durability of these chairs and I highly recommend them.

In addition, I decided to take this opportunity to step up my home theater to the way I wanted it to be in the beginning but couldn't due to budget constraints. When I bought the chairs I decided to skip audio upgrades and the acoustic treatments that Roman recommended at the time. Since the basement and theatre got partially gutted, I decided to take this opportunity to do that now. Roman and his team did a full acoustic treatment of the whole room (18' x 24' x 8'), rebuilt my riser into a proper bass trap and installed a full dolby atmos 7.2.4 system, with sonance speakers, and a new, even larger, acoustically transparent EPV screen. We are so thrilled with the new theater! I read about acoustic treatments so many times but after experiencing the before and after it is truly remarkable! Thank you Roman for the great work!
Harish,

Thank you for your nice words. The room did come out great, and I am glad you and your family are enjoying it.

I know you like to crank it up, but, again, try not to bring your house down

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #1806 of 1818 Old 06-19-2019, 04:30 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch
:
Me neither.
We need more info...
Folks,

I have been designing and building home theaters and media rooms in NJ, NY and PA since 2003. I have access to a lot of audio and video components and Home Theater related items, so fell free to inquire any time.

If I can be of any help, I will gladly offer my services.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1807 of 1818 Old 06-19-2019, 04:31 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch
Me neither.
We need more info...
Folks,

I have been designing and building home theaters and media rooms in NJ, NY and PA since 2003. I have access to a lot of audio and video components and Home Theater related items, so fell free to inquire any time.

BIGmouthinDC and Mike_WI like this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1808 of 1818 Old 06-19-2019, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
Folks,

Do you offer acoustic panels?

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #1809 of 1818 Old 06-20-2019, 09:09 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Do you offer acoustic panels?
Mostly we custom build the panels for the theaters we do, but I do have some custom panels with various designs we sell. You can even put your own photograph(s), and they will be printed on the acoustically transparent fabric
Mike_WI likes this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1810 of 1818 Old 06-20-2019, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 1994
Quote:
but I do have some custom panels with various designs we sell. You can even put your own photograph(s), and they will be printed on the acoustically transparent fabric
Is it possible to have you pm me some info/pricing on that? Thanks!

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #1811 of 1818 Old 06-20-2019, 03:32 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is it possible to have you pm me some info/pricing on that? Thanks!

I would need to know exactly what you are looking for, including size and number of panels, and how elaborate in terms of fabric you would want to go and well as where you are located.

You can contact me off line with all this info, and I will try to help you out.
jconjason likes this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1812 of 1818 Old 07-05-2019, 06:36 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Folks,

Just FYI to those who preordered their chairs - the container is arriving on 16th, and should be in our warehouse a few days later. We will be shipping out all the orders right after.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1813 of 1818 Old 07-05-2019, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All...recently embarked on building my own media room in my basement not knowing much about the rabbit hole I was about to fall into. Found Roman on this forum when doing my research and boy was I lucky. Not only did he help me find the right chairs (8 encores) but helped walk me through the entire process and design. I ended up buy several speakers from him and my screen. The guy knows his stuff and kept me from making several beginners mistakes. Always answered my emails regardless of time. I can’t recommend him enough. Below is a pic of finished project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6049582E-12AD-4A0E-A4F3-B433C5486A40_1562350918783.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	2587836  
post #1814 of 1818 Old 07-06-2019, 02:04 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi All...recently embarked on building my own media room in my basement not knowing much about the rabbit hole I was about to fall into. Found Roman on this forum when doing my research and boy was I lucky. Not only did he help me find the right chairs (8 encores) but helped walk me through the entire process and design. I ended up buy several speakers from him and my screen. The guy knows his stuff and kept me from making several beginners mistakes. Always answered my emails regardless of time. I can’t recommend him enough. Below is a pic of finished project.
David,

Thank you for your kind words, and I hope you enjoy your theater for a long time...

FYI: You bought Escape-1019s, not Encore-1010s

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1815 of 1818 Old 07-15-2019, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I bought my berklines from Roman 13 years ago and they are still going today with no real issues. The chair I have used the most (even after rotations) is showing some ware on the leather but thats about it.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke
post #1816 of 1818 Old 07-16-2019, 05:46 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I bought my berklines from Roman 13 years ago and they are still going today with no real issues. The chair I have used the most (even after rotations) is showing some ware on the leather but thats about it.
13 years is a long time...

You may think about upgrading your furniture
ian#77 likes this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1817 of 1818 Old 07-16-2019, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
13 years is a long time...

You may think about upgrading your furniture
Im building a new house and a new theater so we should talk. In this theater I only have space for 1 row about 8' long. I like the looks of the seats you show 2 pages back " Jive-1013is in IOOIIOOI configuration". But I need to keep it to 8'.

I'd want electric and consider the but-kickers this time. Last time I tried to build the bass shakers into my second riser but it ended up being so heavy that I could barely feel them.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke
post #1818 of 1818 Old 07-18-2019, 07:46 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Im building a new house and a new theater so we should talk. In this theater I only have space for 1 row about 8' long. I like the looks of the seats you show 2 pages back " Jive-1013is in IOOIIOOI configuration". But I need to keep it to 8'.

I'd want electric and consider the but-kickers this time. Last time I tried to build the bass shakers into my second riser but it ended up being so heavy that I could barely feel them.
8 foot space for 4 chairs is a very small, and even with our Jive-1013 narrowest footprint recliners would not work.

The configuration IOOIIOOI or IOIOOIOI (same thing) - is 109" wide
The configuration IOOIOOI is 103.25" wide

Even with the 4 seat couch IOOOOI the configuration will take 97.25" of space, which is slightly more than 8'.

If you can do 98" or 104" you can still go with either IOOOOI or IOOIOOI configuration, and if not, you may want to consider 3 seat instead of 4 seat set.

FYI: with either of those configuration you can use our portable modular armrest that can be placed between the seats on the loveseat/couch creating an arm when needed.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page