My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 62 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 445Likes

post #1831 of 1893 Old 08-30-2019, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
Contact me offline, and let me know which colors you are looking for, and I will provide available options - leather swatch pictures you can choose from.
Can I get the escape 1090 in a 5 piece? A 2 love seat plus one regular chair? I just about pulled the trigger on an octane but then thought Id see what the people of avs forums were doing and saw your company. Glad I looked before i pulled the trigger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1893 Old 08-30-2019, 11:56 AM

Can I get the escape 1090 in a 5 piece? A 2 love seat one regular chair? I just about pulled the trigger on an octane but then thought Id see what the people of avs forums were doing and saw your company. Glad I looked before i pulled the trigger.
post #1833 of 1893 Old 08-30-2019, 12:11 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Can I get the escape 1090 in a 5 piece? A 2 love seat one regular chair? I just about pulled the trigger on an octane but then thought Id see what the people of avs forums were doing and saw your company. Glad I looked before i pulled the trigger.
Did you mean Escape-1019?

Yes, as a matter of fact, all our chairs are available in many various configurations, and we are very often do custom irregular configurations when needed.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1834 of 1893 Old 08-30-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Did you mean Escape-1019?

Yes, as a matter of fact, all our chairs are available in many various configurations, and we are very often do custom irregular configurations when needed.
Woops sorry yep the 1019. Was just trying to configure on the web page and didnt see that option. Do we call in if we have an option not listed on the webpage? Thanks!
post #1835 of 1893 Old 08-30-2019, 12:30 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

You can purchase a set of 2 and set of 3, and just specify the configuration you are looking for in the ORDER NOTES.

You are always welcome to call with any questions you may have.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1836 of 1893 Old 08-30-2019, 12:33 PM

Awesome thanks Roman. I tried to pm you here but need 15 posts first. I have been a long time member but for some reason my old user/pass no longer work so made a quick new one so I can buy before the sale ends. Ill be contacting you one way or another. Thanks again
post #1837 of 1893 Old 08-30-2019, 12:43 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Sure thing.

I am not sure what is wrong, but recently I have no notifications when someone PMs me, nor do I get emails when someone posts in here. I have to constantly check whether someone posts or whether I have any PMs. So if I am late to respond that is the reason. Emailing or calling me always will get you an instant response.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1838 of 1893 Old 08-30-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Sure thing.

I am not sure what is wrong, but recently I have no notifications when someone PMs me, nor do I get emails when someone posts in here. I have to constantly check whether someone posts or whether I have any PMs. So if I am late to respond that is the reason. Emailing or calling me always will get you an instant response.

Just email through the form on your site?
post #1839 of 1893 Old 08-30-2019, 03:06 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Yes, you can do that, or click on the link that shows our email, and just use that.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1840 of 1893 Old 09-02-2019, 08:35 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Scott,

Just following up. Have you tried to contact me via email?

I have not received any emails...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1841 of 1893 Old 09-08-2019, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just ordered a set of Lagoon seats in brown leather for my movie room. Roman was great on the phone and answered all my questions. I need to clear the space for these and clean the carpets under where they are going; I'm hoping to do that on Tuesday. For now the seats are in Roman's warehouse - thanks for storing them for me! I got to take care of the Labor Day sale on top of the already great prices. Hat tip to my old Home Theater Forum buddy Ronald Epstein for his thoughts.

Philip Hamm

Last edited by Philip Hamm; 09-08-2019 at 05:32 PM.
post #1842 of 1893 Old 09-10-2019, 07:59 AM

Question for long-time owners - does the mechanism spill any graphite or other debris on the carpet when these have been in the room for many years? My Lane recliner sofa did this and I had to put towels on the floor under the seats to accommodate.

Philip Hamm
post #1843 of 1893 Old 09-10-2019, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Hamm View Post
Question for long-time owners - does the mechanism spill any graphite or other debris on the carpet when these have been in the room for many years? My Lane recliner sofa did this and I had to put towels on the floor under the seats to accommodate.
Had my Fusion Jives in place for 5 years and not a single mark on the carpet below when we moved out.
Philip Hamm likes this.
post #1844 of 1893 Old 09-10-2019, 08:48 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This is the first time in 16 years of selling the home theater seating I hear something like that...
Philip Hamm and BIGmouthinDC like this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1845 of 1893 Old 09-10-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
This is the first time in 16 years of selling the home theater seating I hear something like that...
Maybe my Lane recliner sofa was always defective and I never knew it. Otherwise it was very high quality!

Philip Hamm
post #1846 of 1893 Old 09-11-2019, 07:51 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Maybe my Lane recliner sofa was always defective and I never knew it. Otherwise it was very high quality!
Weird...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1847 of 1893 Old 09-11-2019, 08:13 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6021 Post(s)
Liked: 5600
Probably a bad choice of lubricant used somewhere in the mechanism.
Philip Hamm likes this.
post #1848 of 1893 Old 09-11-2019, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
Probably a bad choice of lubricant used somewhere in the mechanism.
Or just far too much.
Philip Hamm and BIGmouthinDC like this.

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
T. E. Lawrence
post #1849 of 1893 Old 09-14-2019, 12:24 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Folks,

I just wanted to share a small video showing an automatic base rail LED lights shut off when you start reclining the chair.

This way the base rail lights will never shine onto the screen washing out the colors and making the picture to be unwatchable.

Here is the link to a video: Base Rail LED Lights Shut Off

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1850 of 1893 Old 09-14-2019, 04:35 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6021 Post(s)
Liked: 5600
post #1851 of 1893 Old 09-16-2019, 08:49 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Thank you Jeff.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1852 of 1893 Old 09-16-2019, 01:22 PM

Ever since I moved into my house in 2003 I’ve had a pair of red Lane sofas in my movie room. One has a recliner on each end and a stock center and the other is a sofa bed. They are high quality but the recliner one is worn out and they are old and neither my wife nor myself really like how they look. Last year one of the recliners broke.

Here’s how they looked in the room a few months ago.

A couple months ago I was driving on a chore and I saw a sign holder saying that the local “Ashley” store was having a big sale. I went and looked to see if they had anything for my basement. I hated everything they had. I’ve been looking at Costco for months and I didn’t much like their stuff either. What I want is dedicated purpose built HOME THEATER seating not the general purpose stuff that Costco sells (nothing wrong with it! Just not for this room.). I had kind of resigned to myself that I’d have to end up with a couple of love seats from Costco or something. I went to my local shop “The Big Screen Store” and their stuff was nice but way too expensive for my budget. Someone mentioned Haverty’s somewhere so I was thinking of going there though quality wise I wasn’t expecting much. I also have been looking at what’s available on wayfair.com.

I was talking about it with my wife kind of bummed about the fact that I couldn’t really afford what I want – real custom home theater seating. She suggested that I look up home theater seating on the home theater related forums that I read online and see what there is there. It kind of boggled my mind that I hadn’t done that already but sometimes we all need a kick in the pants. She was right!!!!

I found this thread and Roman’s page. Long ago I was an Admin on Ronald Epstein’s Home Theater Forum and I know Ronald well; I noticed that he posted here so I pinged him to ask for his advice and recommendations. He had nothing but great things to say about his chairs and experience with Roman. I went to the site and made my order within days. The Labor Day Sale saved me quite a bit of money and gave me the incentive I needed to order right away.

I asked Roman to hold the seats for me for a few days while I got a junk shop to come take away my broken sofa and move the good sofa bed to storage (to be handed down to a brother – it’s in really good shape because It’s Lane and they make good stuff, and over the years the recliner sofa was always used much more often than the sofa bed for sitting).

I ended up with four Lagoons in leather/vinyl in an I0V0V0V0I curved configuration. My room is not a “dedicated” theater – it is part of a much bigger basement with a wet bar, pool table, dart board. No current plans for a second level yet, but we shall see. These were just installed today – the white glove delivery was flawless. My first impression of the seats is great. They are just what I wanted at just the price point I wanted to hit (thanks to the Labor Day Sale). My only complaint is that they are a little squeaky, but that’s a minor nit. I can’t wait to break them in with a movie!

Here they are being dropped off from the truck:

Out of the boxes and in the empty room:

Philip Hamm
post #1853 of 1893 Old 09-16-2019, 01:26 PM

Here are some pictures of my room and the chairs - you can see I also moved some of the shelves around from their previous locations:

The chairs from the front of the room:

The screen and rack as seen from the chairs:

Behind what appears to be a cold air return vent is a dual 15" infinite baffle sub. Powered by a 1000W Vestax class D professional amp. It's sufficient.

I know everyone here will want to see the rack - nothing especially expensive or unusual here. Pretty mundane stuff.
Ladeback likes this.

Philip Hamm

Last edited by Philip Hamm; 09-16-2019 at 01:55 PM.
post #1854 of 1893 Old 09-16-2019, 01:28 PM

Here's a side view of the chairs:

The current (at the time of this writing) 2019 Lagoon model has a blue LED with the recline buttons and USB port. It is not annoying at all.

Lastly - a couple ultra-wide-angle shots from my cell phone camera.

Philip Hamm

Last edited by Philip Hamm; 09-16-2019 at 02:23 PM.
post #1855 of 1893 Old 09-17-2019, 07:13 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My only complaint is that they are a little squeaky, but that’s a minor nit. I can’t wait to break them in with a movie!
Phillip,

Get some paraffin wax and apply to all the surfaces that rub one against each other. This will take care of squeaking
Philip Hamm, deewan and pkinneb like this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1856 of 1893 Old 09-17-2019, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Hamm View Post

I had this happen with the glider we put in the nursery when my first son was born. We had it a few days when we realized something was off. It wasn't gliding smoothly, and when I looked underneath there were little graphite stains where it had been "shedding". I was able to exchange, and the replacement was much better, but I think there are still slightly dark spots under there.
post #1857 of 1893 Old 09-25-2019, 12:45 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Phillip,

Looking at your set up, you can easily build a riser and put a second row of seats there...
Philip Hamm and Ladeback like this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1858 of 1893 Old 09-27-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Phillip,

Looking at your set up, you can easily build a riser and put a second row of seats there...
Yeah there is plenty of room to do that for sure!! it will have to be SUPER HEAVY DUTY though in order to handle all the shelving back behind there.

I've taken down the one picture in the viewing area - now there's nothing at all on the one wall. I'm surprised at how much better the experience is. I like having that wall completely blank.

Philip Hamm
post #1859 of 1893 Old 09-28-2019, 09:57 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah there is plenty of room to do that for sure!! it will have to be SUPER HEAVY DUTY though in order to handle all the shelving back behind there.
Any properly built riser should be able to handle super heavy duty shelves.

You can also leave the space behind the riser, and build it only for the chairs. Have about 2'-3' space behind the riser, and that will allow you to walk there and use shelves as is.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1860 of 1893 Old 10-02-2019, 10:14 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Phillip,

Is that possible for you to post a few more pictures showing the chairs from the front?

It would be much appreciated.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page