Thank you for even more improvements to this nifty program - I was finally able to nab some time to try it out last night; I was floored by how intuitive and responsive the web-based remote was! Really impressed, I'll definitively be making a donation to help your efforts!
Here are my experiences/thoughts:
1. Trailers and Coming Soon worked exactly the expected way after following the steps in your readme, no problems there whatsoever!
2. I believe that I experienced the same issues fallenangel1 did earlier in the thread when I fired up XBMC - once I started a movie, it 'froze' on whatever Coming Soon poster was currently showing, and reset to the home
Great Dane' theater page once I stopped the movie - I couldn't get the 'Now Playing' to show with the currently showing poster/metadata after several attempts. I still haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong, but in the bottom right hand of the poster, it did say 'Connected' once I started XBMC, at least. I'm using stable Eden - since it was thought that the issues fallenangel1 encountered were Frodo-related, I thought you might want to look at my log file? I'm thinking something else might be the culprit for this problem. Here's the log snippet where it happened:
logfile.txt 3k .txt file
It looks like the error specifically was: 12/7/2012 2:33:26 AM - Error updating media information from XBMC - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Also, some feature suggestions/requests that I thought would be neat enhancements:
1. I think you're moving in this direction anyway based on your 'to do' list in the readme, but I think utilizing locally stored trailers/posters would be a great feature to have - for instance, sometimes TMDB doesn't have the particular poster you want for a movie (or at a high enough resolution), but that way you could essentially pick the poster you wanted from anywhere, move it to a folder on your PC, and then have that one added to movieposter's cache instead. Same with trailers, you wouldn't have to worry about whether the youtube link is working, etc. Maybe when you select the 'Choose Alternate Poster' option in the cache view, there could be an option for 'Browse for local poster' or something to that effect, where you could select a poster on your hard drive (doesn't necessarily have to already be in your XBMC library), and maybe the same for trailers?
2. I didn't see this as an option, and please correct me if it's already there..I do like being able to hit the Remote 'Play Trailer' button when I want to see a trailer play for sure, but as of right now, it's strictly a manual process? I thought it would be cool to create a custom list of posters where I want to have the trailers shown for all of them, and have them show a poster, hold for a specific period of time on the poster, and then automatically start the trailer...after the trailer is done, show the next poster, hold for a specific period of time, and then etc. Would be really neat for showcasing!
3. Maybe an option remove the 'eye' on the poster? I know it serves a functional trailer purpose, but I think if you weren't planning on playing trailers (or had them automated), it would be useful to have it not show...or maybe it could be moved to somewhere below the poster, a little less obtrusive? The posters look so clean without it, is all...
Again, I really appreciate the work you put into this great program!