MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 56 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 348Likes

post #1651 of 2897 Old 12-03-2015, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKen View Post
I'm using the latest build 2.1 RC2.7.

1) I still have problem were it's ignoring the folder designated in User Posters->Show Custom Posters. It's downloading posters instead.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MoviePoster\MyPosters
Set the interval to custom posters to 0 if you don't want any of the downloaded posters to show. The idea was that you can have a mix of both your own custom posters as well as automatically downloaded ones. the interval value is the number of posters to show between your custom images. The functionality is similar for trivia slides. You can also change the tmdb options to stop it from downloading posters in the background if you want.

Quote:
2) When playing a movie in Kodi the integration works except the COMING SOON doesn't change to NOW PLAYING.
That's odd... I'll look into it.

Quote:
3) Bottom right corner always says "No Connection"
This is a bug with the plugin not reporting its connection status correctly. I need to fix the plugin. If it bothers you in the meantime, there is an option to not display the connection status.

Quote:
Gotta say this app is so cool. The fact that it works stand alone and with Kodi and Plex is huge bonus!! You thought of everything!
Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
CaptainKen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 2897 Old 12-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
You don't use it 'in' Kodi. MoviePoster communicates with Kodi in a similar way to the various smartphone remote apps. In Kodi, turn on the HTTP server and the remote control options. Make note of the username and port settings. Then in MoviePoster set the Kodi plugin IP, port and username/password to those used by Kodi. Now, when you play a movie in Kodi, MoviePoster will detect the media that's being played and show the poster for it. Kodi and MoviePoster do not need to be installed on the same PC, but they can be if you wish.
Well it's all moot as when I try to open MoviePoster a blank rectangle comes up for a few seconds and the window says "not responding" and then just shuts down.

Does anyone have any ideas on this or does this sound like my system can't run this program? It's an old atom based cpu netbook that I thought would be nice to try this out on. It's a 32 bit Vista operating system.
post #1653 of 2897 Old 12-03-2015, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draden1 View Post
Well it's all moot as when I try to open MoviePoster a blank rectangle comes up for a few seconds and the window says "not responding" and then just shuts down.

Does anyone have any ideas on this or does this sound like my system can't run this program? It's an old atom based cpu netbook that I thought would be nice to try this out on. It's a 32 bit Vista operating system.
It should be able to run on that, though you might have trouble with HD trailer playback. Which version of MoviePoster are you using? 2.1 RC2 has quite a few performance improvements, and should work much better on older hardware than previous versions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1654 of 2897 Old 12-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It should be able to run on that, though you might have trouble with HD trailer playback. Which version of MoviePoster are you using? 2.1 RC2 has quite a few performance improvements, and should work much better on older hardware than previous versions.
I'm using the newer 2.1 version.
post #1655 of 2897 Old 12-03-2015, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Here's something I noticed, my poster pc is set to 24hr time format and I notice that movieposter will show the end time in the correct format but the start time is am/pm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	times.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1096522  
post #1656 of 2897 Old 12-04-2015, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKen View Post
So I assume that you installed Kodi and Movie Poster on the SD Card?

According to the specs on the Intel site the Windows based BOXSTCK1A32WFC doesn't have WiFi or Bluetooth, but the Linux based BOXSTCK1A8LFC one does. That doesn't make sense. Do you know if this is true?
I have two of the Windows version and I can confirm they have both WiFi and Bluetooth.

http://ark.intel.com/products/86612/...ck-STCK1A32WFC
post #1657 of 2897 Old 12-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well, I got it working...albeit on a different computer. That netbook I have just doesn't want to work with this.

Anyways, now I'm trying to get kodi and this to talk to each other. I set my kodi settings and movieposter settings per a post on the previous page.

IP, port, username/password on movieposter. I'm not sure what or if I have to set the JSON port? If so, where do I get that?

On kodi, I have allowed remote control via http.

What am I missing? Thanks
post #1658 of 2897 Old 12-07-2015, 04:42 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Set the interval to custom posters to 0 if you don't want any of the downloaded posters to show. The idea was that you can have a mix of both your own custom posters as well as automatically downloaded ones. the interval value is the number of posters to show between your custom images. The functionality is similar for trivia slides. You can also change the tmdb options to stop it from downloading posters in the background if you want.

That's odd... I'll look into it.

This is a bug with the plugin not reporting its connection status correctly. I need to fix the plugin. If it bothers you in the meantime, there is an option to not display the connection status.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
Thank you for responding!

- Ken
post #1659 of 2897 Old 12-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Sorry to disrupt any flow of the discussion going on on this thread, but I just wanted to update everyone on my "alter" dedicated in honor of Meyer64 for his epic MoviePoster software. I already shared many photos of my MoviePoster wall build in previous pages on this thread, so here is the latest update:

Here is the "air duct vent" that will allow air out of the wall from the 50" LED TV:

The area where it will go in:

I had to take out the drywall for the entire wall, believe it or not because of the interlocking "order" of the drywall seams:
Here is the hole cut for the MoviePoster Wall vent:

It fits!!!!

I lucked out in that there was no framing in the hole/area:

MoviePoster Vent Project: Complete

Drywall area below the MoviePoster TV (where it meets the concrete wall below it)

Corner bead:
turls likes this.
post #1660 of 2897 Old 12-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

After playing around for awhile I have to say this is one of the coolest pieces of software I've come across! I'm sure I'll keep coming back asking questions but I have this running on a 32" TV in portrait mode and will eventually have this on a stand entering my theater.

In the meantime, will the app continue to download posters/trailers on its own or can I manually feed it new ones?

Thanks for the app, I will make a donation after the holidays.
post #1661 of 2897 Old 12-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

After playing around for awhile I have to say this is one of the coolest pieces of software I've come across! I'm sure I'll keep coming back asking questions but I have this running on a 32" TV in portrait mode and will eventually have this on a stand entering my theater.

In the meantime, will the app continue to download posters/trailers on its own or can I manually feed it new ones?

post #1662 of 2897 Old 12-07-2015, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any updates on the live ESPN game data display option?
post #1663 of 2897 Old 12-08-2015, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yes, it will continue to download the newest posters and trailers based on your settings. You can also use the web remote to add specific posters if you wish.
post #1664 of 2897 Old 12-08-2015, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackshot View Post
Any updates on the live ESPN game data display option?
Actually, you can play with it now if you want. There isn't any integration for searching for games yet, so you'll need to get the game ID from one of ESPNs score pages for the game you want to display. All MoviePoster does is show the gamecast web page as a poster. Open a web browser and enter this in the address bar. change localhost to the IP of the PC running MoviePoster and substitute the gameID for the game you want to show information for. This one is for last week's Packer/Lions game, for example.

"http://localhost:8082/remote.html?showWebpage(http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/gamecast?gameId=400791568)"
http://localhost:8082/remote.html?sh...meId=400791568)

this will give you Sunday's game against Dallas:
"http://localhost:8082/remote.html?showWebpage(http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/gamecast?gameId=400791612)"

You can use this to show any web page you want, really.

You'll want to turn on 'Pause Posters' in the webremote also, otherwise it will go to the next poster after the poster timeout interval is up.

This should work on the 2.1 RC releases.

Last edited by meyer64; 12-08-2015 at 12:31 PM.
post #1665 of 2897 Old 12-11-2015, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vemulasri View Post
Yes they are. Yes they do show up in kodi and in the kodi webpage and remotes (android & iOS). I will have to do more digging into it and see if that is the issue.
@meyer64 have you had a chance to look at this?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
post #1666 of 2897 Old 12-11-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradC View Post
I have two of the Windows version and I can confirm they have both WiFi and Bluetooth.

http://ark.intel.com/products/86612/...ck-STCK1A32WFC
Thanks for your reply!
post #1667 of 2897 Old 12-11-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucher View Post
Is there any documentation someone can point me to on how to use the "Showtimes" feature?

I assume that it is used to display specific posters along with planned showtimes prior to them becoming "Now Playing" but I have not had success getting that to happen so I am probably doing it wrong (or misunderstand the intent of the feature).
* Example: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-the...l#post23848848

* How To: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-the...l#post23925321
post #1668 of 2897 Old 12-11-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post
Thanks. The Intel stick is a little smaller. I think I am going to give it a shot. Not sure I care that the Intel stick will not run Windows 10

Now to decide on TV size. I would prefer 40-42 but I have an old 32" Westinghouse sitting here with bad speakers. I should really just use that. Downside is that is only 720p, old and heavy as hell. Upside ... it's free!
I just bought the Intel Computer Stick and it runs Win 10 just fine. In fact you can buy it pre-installed from here:
http://amzn.com/B014N4CZE2
post #1669 of 2897 Old 12-12-2015, 05:02 PM

How do you know what version you are running?

I installed 2.1 R2, but the Webremote says 2.1.0.0. There also isn't any date of the release to reference on that screen.
post #1670 of 2897 Old 12-13-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraptor View Post

Here is mine.
@sraptor any chance you would consider sharing your original PSD or PND file?
jabrown likes this.
post #1671 of 2897 Old 12-14-2015, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I will check my psd files and let you know
post #1672 of 2897 Old 12-14-2015, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradC View Post
One last bit of detail is that you need to make sure the Compute Stick gets enough power. Mine would randomly reboot itself. It was because the usb port from the monitor wasn't providing enough power. I ended up getting a dual USB cable (http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047AALW6). This drew power from two usb ports, instead of one. Problem solved.

It works just fine. See comments above.

You mean a dual usb cable will connect to the mini usb and the regular usb port from one side, and the other side to the electric plug? if thats the case you use the only usb port on the stick( no bluetooth dongle), and no wifi adapter.. how do you connect a mouse and keyboard then?

Last edited by Ramy Khalil; 12-14-2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo
post #1673 of 2897 Old 12-14-2015, 08:33 PM

1) I have tested this on two different systems. One of these systems is a desktop and the other an Intel Compute Stick. I can't get it to show/downloaded more than 9-10 posters on the Intel stick and 29 on desktop PC. The TMDB Options are all set to 10 on both systems.

2) The Webremote to the Intel stick isn't very responsive from browser on itself, browser on desktop or iPhone 6, as it takes forever to recognize a command if it actually decides to. If I try to use the Edit Blacklist or create New Custom List from itself all I get is a spinner in middle of screen. The same thing happens (but screen turns white) if I click on the gear next to movie in cache list on Webremote itself. My first thought was that the WiFi is just slow to the Intel. However I don't think the WiFi speed has much to do with accepting commands. When I access the Edit Blacklist on iPhone I can't get out as the X doesn't work. However, from the Webremote to the desktop system is very responsive.

3) If "Auto-Play Trailer "is checked, but "download trailers" isn't checked then "T" doesn't work. On the Intel it's pretty rare if any of them stream. So it's rare to have a trailer play via streaming.

Here's the fresh log file for the Intel Stick after deleting the cache and letting it run uninterrupted all day.

Log: http://1drv.ms/1Nm6AZW

There are a lot of Rotten Tomatoes Forbidden errors. Also many " Object reference not set to an instance of an object", "The path is not of a legal form" and "temp Pause Off". Regarding the path I confirmed it is valid and that the file plays.

I noticed that using the Webremote from iPhone to Intel stick was more responsive after running for the day. Note that because the only time I tried the Webremote during this session was at the end, it doesn't reflect the times when it wouldn't respond. However, hitting the volume buttons muted it and only advanced visually about 2 notches. Volume recovered for next trailer.
Here's the 2nd log showing this activity. http://1drv.ms/1J8k8nQ

Hoping you can be of some help. Thank you.
post #1674 of 2897 Old 12-15-2015, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Any help here is appreciated.

I am running this program on a laptop connected to a tv and I'd like to plug in some headphones to my laptop to listen to the trailers through that. I switched the audio in the displays setting to my laptop as opposed to the tv and sound is coming though the headset.

Here's where my concern is, I'd like the headphone volume louder but my laptop volume is already maxed and when I press volume up in the movieposter app, the volume gets muted and the app flashes a volume slider and subtitle header. I'm sure this isn't supposed to be that way but is there any tricks to this or anything I'm missing?
post #1675 of 2897 Old 12-15-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Any help here is appreciated.

.... when I press volume up in the movieposter app, the volume gets muted and the app flashes a volume slider and subtitle header. I'm sure this isn't supposed to be that way but is there any tricks to this or anything I'm missing?
Both my systems are doing this as well.
post #1676 of 2897 Old 12-15-2015, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramy Khalil View Post
You mean a dual usb cable will connect to the mini usb and the regular usb port from one side, and the other side to the electric plug? if thats the case you use the only usb port on the stick( no bluetooth dongle), and no wifi adapter.. how do you connect a mouse and keyboard then?
No. The both ends of the USB will plug in to the monitor and the micro usb plugs in to the Intel Compute Stick. The USB on the ports on the monitor provide power to the Intel Compute Stick.
post #1677 of 2897 Old 12-15-2015, 08:32 AM

first time to run the app, please help

only one thing..

i have plex installed on a netgear readyNAS, i have movie poster registered and installed on intel compute stick, connected to a samsung tv, and running.. i can connect to web remote on the intel and from another laptop on the network.. my problem is when i play a movie from plex either on the web browser from the netgear interface, or on my iPhone from the plex client, or from the plex client on apple tv, the movie poster app just keeps displaying the coming soon movies.. not changing to Now Showing,,.

the web remote responds to the buttons i click, like "download new posters" or "show trailer" but when i click "show now playing" it is as if i clicked nothing.. it feels like you should press save after you click this button, but there is no save button... what am i doing wrong?

Last edited by Ramy Khalil; 12-16-2015 at 05:56 PM.
post #1678 of 2897 Old 12-21-2015, 04:00 PM

ok one week no response..

please anyone

I can open web remote on the same pc of movie poster and another pc on the network.. the plex poster app is set up and it mentions on the bottom of the poster connected: plex server 192.168.1.100
i put in the device id to watch the same name of the alerts on the plex client.. when i play movie it is still showing coming soon.. i click "show now playing" on web remote, and it is still showing coming soon..

what could be the reason please?
post #1679 of 2897 Old 12-21-2015, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

please anyone

I can open web remote on the same pc of movie poster and another pc on the network.. the plex poster app is set up and it mentions on the bottom of the poster connected: plex server 192.168.1.100
i put in the device id to watch the same name of the alerts on the plex client.. when i play movie it is still showing coming soon.. i click "show now playing" on web remote, and it is still showing coming soon..

I would recommend you check the name of plex client by going into the plex web app while a movie is playing on the client you are using for the poster app.

click on the icon: in the top right of the plex web app.

The client name is in the top right of each movie clip (i.e. iPad3, MacBookPro...) Make sure the name and case match.

Hope this helps.
post #1680 of 2897 Old 12-21-2015, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

please anyone

I would recommend you check the name of plex client by going into the plex web app while a movie is playing on the client you are using for the poster app.

click on the icon: in the top right of the plex web app.

The client name is in the top right of each movie clip (i.e. iPad3, MacBookPro...) Make sure the name and case match.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page