MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 75 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 348Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2221 of 2897 Old 12-30-2016, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
Draden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 900
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
No, think of WebView as a remote display. The main application still needs to run on a Windows PC. You could look into a stick PC similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Compute.../dp/B01AZC4NHS Some folks have good luck with them, although performance may not be quite as good as a more powerful pc. I've read that the newer model (the one I linked) if much better than the previous version though.
Good to know, thanks for the info!
Draden1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2222 of 2897 Old 12-30-2016, 11:00 AM
Member
 
CaptainKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just setup a new HTPC that I'm using to run everything from since it's centralized and has the horsepower to do it. So I'm running Kodi with Aeon Nox skin, Plex and MPA on this HTPC.

01) Is there a way to have MPA run on Windows startup, but not displayed? It seems like MPA has turned into a client server type of application with this Webview for a lot of us and it would be nice if there was a way to have it simply running in the background like a server from the startup. Additionally, it would also be useful to be able to open and close the server interface, as currently you can only close it.

02) A while back there was discussion about using the Cache\Custom folder to store custom movie posters. Have you given any more thought to that? Currently I store mine in the Cache\Movies folder and I'm concerned that the auto clean cache feature will delete them.

03) When I turn off my entertainment system, with exception to the HTPC, it causes MPA to refresh. I think it's tied to Windows detecting the monitor being turn off and refreshing itself. Maybe there's a Windows setting to control it? Not a huge annoyance as there are many other things I'm sure of creator need on your list, just thought I'd mention it.

HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (47TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
CaptainKen is offline  
post #2223 of 2897 Old 12-30-2016, 11:18 AM
Member
 
CaptainKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
With all Sources disabled except for Movie Poster Cache and only your example custom tt0000001-Great Dane Cinema, MPA crashes. I've tried this with other custom ones with no crash. I'm using your modified HandBrake web optimized mp4 that you sent in PM.

Here's the folder.

BTW, You can't right click to open Setting while the mp4 is playing unless you do it within the tag line space at the bottom.

HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (47TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
CaptainKen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2224 of 2897 Old 12-30-2016, 11:20 AM
Member
 
CaptainKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
I have fixes for most of those issues in my dev build... I know its been a while since the last release. I have a handful of other things to finish up for the multi display features, then it will be ready to post. Its hard to give e timeframe though as my availability to work on it varies. I will be happy to send you a dev build to test with. if you don't mind running a version with some incomplete features.
Yes thank you I would like to test your dev build.

BTW, I've tried my own mp4 using both Universal and Normal Presets as Web Optimized mp4, but no luck.

HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (47TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
CaptainKen is offline  
post #2225 of 2897 Old 12-31-2016, 10:51 AM
Member
 
CaptainKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKen View Post
I just setup a new HTPC that I'm using to run everything from since it's centralized and has the horsepower to do it. So I'm running Kodi with Aeon Nox skin, Plex and MPA on this HTPC.

01) Is there a way to have MPA run on Windows startup, but not displayed? It seems like MPA has turned into a client server type of application with this Webview for a lot of us and it would be nice if there was a way to have it simply running in the background like a server from the startup. Additionally, it would also be useful to be able to open and close the server interface, as currently you can only close it.

02) A while back there was discussion about using the Cache\Custom folder to store custom movie posters. Have you given any more thought to that? Currently I store mine in the Cache\Movies folder and I'm concerned that the auto clean cache feature will delete them.

03) When I turn off my entertainment system, with exception to the HTPC, it causes MPA to refresh. I think it's tied to Windows detecting the monitor being turn off and refreshing itself. Maybe there's a Windows setting to control it? Not a huge annoyance as there are many other things I'm sure of creator need on your list, just thought I'd mention it.
UPDATE
If MPA was in the closed state when the display is turned off, MPA reopens when display is turned back on and the refresh un-mutes the volume. Whether or not you can address the refresh causing it reopen, would you please consider adding an option to mute the trailer volume on server, or maybe mute based on Display to be flexible for others?

HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (47TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
CaptainKen is offline  
post #2226 of 2897 Old 12-31-2016, 11:12 AM
Member
 
CaptainKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
Yes, MoviePoster downloads all images and saves them to its own cache. It probably just a timing issue. I will look into it.
I'll take a look at the scrollbar issue as well.
@vemulasri In addition to the scrollbar problem, does it also behave the same as shown in this video when attempting to use the Ctrl+A?


HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (47TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
CaptainKen is offline  
post #2227 of 2897 Old 12-31-2016, 07:53 PM
Member
 
Delta1142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
MoviePoster is intended to be run on a display in portrait mode and supports its own rotation mechanism for PCs that don't have native screen rotation support.
Meyer64 - This is great! Will this work with any Apple products? No PCs in the house unfortunately, just Macbook Pro & iMac. Sorry if that's a silly question - brand new to home theater. Thanks!
Delta1142 is offline  
post #2228 of 2897 Old 01-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Member
 
CaptainKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta1142 View Post
Meyer64 - This is great! Will this work with any Apple products? No PCs in the house unfortunately, just Macbook Pro & iMac. Sorry if that's a silly question - brand new to home theater. Thanks!
Sorry, this is a Windows only product.

HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (47TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
CaptainKen is offline  
post #2229 of 2897 Old 01-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Member
 
Delta1142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb222 View Post
Thanks, that is really helpful. There are a couple on craigslist posts for LG 40inch for 220, so I'll see what kind of deal I can get.
@Mrb222 - If you haven't found anything yet, Best Buy has a 40" LG 1080p on sale for $199.99 now. I'm in the same boat as you where I'm looking for these deals AFTER Black Friday. Wish I found this sooner, but don't want to wait another year haha.

Setup: Epson Home Cinema 5030 UB 3D projector, 150" SilverTicket STR-169150 screen, Xbox One Blu-ray, Denon AVR S510BT 5.2 Channel AV Receiver, Bose Acoustimass 10 speakers, Pioneer SW-8 100 Watt RMS Subwoofer
Delta1142 is offline  
post #2230 of 2897 Old 01-04-2017, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RafaelSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orlando Fl
Posts: 2,996
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 636
So I have the movieposter app running on my PC with a remote system using webview display. Been working great so far but latetly it seems every 3-4 days the app crashes. I have not had a chance to grab the error message that pops up. But I just restart the APP and all is good for another few days. Will try to grab the error message....something about out of space.....but all my storage devices have plenty of space on them....drive that the app runs and stores its user data has over 1tb free so I know its not disk space.
RafaelSmith is offline  
post #2231 of 2897 Old 01-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Member
 
CaptainKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post
So I have the movieposter app running on my PC with a remote system using webview display. Been working great so far but latetly it seems every 3-4 days the app crashes. I have not had a chance to grab the error message that pops up. But I just restart the APP and all is good for another few days. Will try to grab the error message....something about out of space.....but all my storage devices have plenty of space on them....drive that the app runs and stores its user data has over 1tb free so I know its not disk space.
Maybe it's the device that is running the webserver that is low on space?

I assume that the error would be written to the log. Check the logs on the server PC.
1) Settings>About>Enable Log File
2) C:\Users\Admin\Documents\MoviePoster\Logs

HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (47TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
CaptainKen is offline  
post #2232 of 2897 Old 01-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Member
 
CaptainKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta1142 View Post
@Mrb222 - If you haven't found anything yet, Best Buy has a 40" LG 1080p on sale for $199.99 now. I'm in the same boat as you where I'm looking for these deals AFTER Black Friday. Wish I found this sooner, but don't want to wait another year haha.
Actually, you can most likely find deals even better than Black Friday for Superbowl.

HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (47TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
CaptainKen is offline  
post #2233 of 2897 Old 01-05-2017, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RafaelSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orlando Fl
Posts: 2,996
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKen View Post
Maybe it's the device that is running the webserver that is low on space?

I assume that the error would be written to the log. Check the logs on the server PC.
1) Settings>About>Enable Log File
2) C:\Users\Admin\Documents\MoviePoster\Logs
I assume the device running the webserver is the same device running the movieposter app? That is what is crashing and giving the error not the remote device displaying the poster.

I will take a look at the logs when I get a chance.

Might be memory but this PC has 16gb and isnt running much of anything else.

Maybe it is the remote device that is somehow causing the app on the server to crash. Its a Pi3 running Chromium so could be.
RafaelSmith is offline  
post #2234 of 2897 Old 01-05-2017, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RafaelSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orlando Fl
Posts: 2,996
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Last part of log after recent crash...

Quote:
1/4/2017 11:20:28 PM - Http Recieved: http://192.168.1.3:8082/movies/tt0120844-Star Trek- Insurrection/tt0120844-Star Trek- Insurrection-trailer.mp4
1/4/2017 11:20:30 PM - Unknown Fatal Error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Not enough storage is available to process this command
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.RegisterClassEx(WNDCL ASSEX_D wc_d)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper..ctor(Int32 classStyle, Int32 style, Int32 exStyle, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, String name, IntPtr parent, HwndWrapperHook[] hooks)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher..ctor()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.get_CurrentDis patcher()
at MoviePoster.PosterController.<>c__DisplayClass7.<p rocessDownloadQueue>b__6()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mp.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1876289  

Last edited by RafaelSmith; 01-05-2017 at 06:52 PM.
RafaelSmith is offline  
post #2235 of 2897 Old 01-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Member
 
CaptainKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
1) Understanding that if you are playing music, tv shows or movies from Kodi and have fanart and covers in the local folders for the artist, tv show or movie, Movie poster will display "Now Showing" with the cover art or fanart along with the start and end times of the song, tv show and movie.

If using the Kodi CinemaVision addon, how can I control the fanart that is displayed through the various videos that play before the main video? Currently it a black screen shows while each video is played and my default poster between each. What I was expecting and would like is my default poster to be displayed while each plays until the main movie starts. BTW, love that it shows the file name and metadata.

2) The webview on Chromebit isn't dimming the display when a Kodi video is playing. I don't see a setting for this.

HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (47TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
CaptainKen is offline  
post #2236 of 2897 Old 01-13-2017, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
AXLCMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey - USA
Posts: 921
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I am entering this movie below with the following text exactly spelled as is:

The Commuter

to add this movie to my movie poster cache but its not finding it.

Any ideas why?

Here is the imdb link to it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1590193/
AXLCMT is offline  
post #2237 of 2897 Old 01-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Member
 
CaptainKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
I am entering this movie below with the following text exactly spelled as is:

The Commuter

to add this movie to my movie poster cache but its not finding it.

Any ideas why?

Here is the imdb link to it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1590193/
What are the file names in the folder?

Include the contents of your nfo file.

HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (47TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
CaptainKen is offline  
post #2238 of 2897 Old 01-14-2017, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,088
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
I am entering this movie below with the following text exactly spelled as is:

The Commuter

to add this movie to my movie poster cache but its not finding it.

Any ideas why?

Here is the imdb link to it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1590193/
Its not available because the poster and metadata is not yet available on themoviedb.org.

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/399...er?language=en

Once the data on that page is populated you'll be able to add it.
meyer64 is offline  
post #2239 of 2897 Old 01-16-2017, 06:34 PM
prs
Member
 
prs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just finished reading through all the posts. Whew.

I am starting a theater redo and would love to add two displays.

I am flexible in the design and I could go webview or run hdmi cables from a pc with dual video card.

I would prefer to go 4K for both monitors.

It has been mentioned that ver 2.3 will have improved robust multi display options with webview. Will that also be an option if I go with dual video card and hdmi cables?
prs is offline  
post #2240 of 2897 Old 01-17-2017, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,088
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by prs View Post
Just finished reading through all the posts. Whew.

I am starting a theater redo and would love to add two displays.

I am flexible in the design and I could go webview or run hdmi cables from a pc with dual video card.

I would prefer to go 4K for both monitors.

It has been mentioned that ver 2.3 will have improved robust multi display options with webview. Will that also be an option if I go with dual video card and hdmi cables?
A pc with dual video (or even more) is fine. You can test with the current build. Go to the displays tab in the setting menu and add an additional display. The biggest limitation with the current version is that the poster / backdrop for the same movie is shown on both screens. The changes for 2.3 will allow for showing posters for different movies on each screen.
meyer64 is offline  
post #2241 of 2897 Old 01-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Newbie
 
asmang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
In the process of building my home theater, I decided that I wanted to have a secondary display acting as a virtual movie poster to display information about the currently playing media as well as posters for movies coming soon. I was unable to find any software to do what I wanted so i set out to make my own. MoviePoster is intended to be run on a display in portrait mode and supports its own rotation mechanism for PCs that don't have native screen rotation support.
The application connects to to xbmc using the JSONRPC interface to get information about the currently playing media. When no media is playing it will display movie posters for upcoming films either downloaded from themoviedb.org or loaded from a local cache.
Trailers can be streamed from youtube using links provided in themoviedb metadata. There is also a web based remote control interface for changing posters, activating trailers and creating custom poster lists.

Version 2.2.0.1 is available now...

Notable changes include:
-fixes to the Kodi plugin to better support Kodi 16.
-Improvements to the webview displays.
-addition of a Landscape layout webview display
-ability to change the fonts and colors used for taglines and playback time text.
-adjustments to the WebRemote settings layout.
-option to render posters internally at 4k resolution (This MIGHT improve image quality on 4k TVs, but uses about twice the RAM)
-uses a shortcut in the startup folder instead of the registry to start with Windows. - this fixes the webserver not starting bug.
-fixed a couple bugs in the source settings.

MoviePoster 2.2.0.1 7-zip Archive - Just extract and run MoviePoster.exe

MoviePoster 2.2.0.1 msi installer - Uninstall older versions that used an installer first.

MoviePoster supports animated 'MotionPosters', but its a manual process to add them to your poster library. I have started to upload my collection to my Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Xc&usp=sharing

Please see the included ReadMe.txt file for installation and general usage instructions. Please feel free to comment and report any bugs, or request features.

I have developed a small device to automatically turn your poster screen on and off based on your presence in the room. With this your screen will turn on when you are around and off after a set amount of time without you needing to do anything. You can learn more or purchase one for yourself here:
http://movieposterapp.com/products.html

ScreenShots:







My custom 32" LCD Poster Display:


(Slightly Outdated) Video of operation.
I love this and have been wanting to do the same thing with Plex! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you can get the "now playing". Maybe by parsing log files, but I'd rather do it with an API. Nice work!
asmang is offline  
post #2242 of 2897 Old 01-17-2017, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,088
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmang View Post
I love this and have been wanting to do the same thing with Plex! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you can get the "now playing". Maybe by parsing log files, but I'd rather do it with an API. Nice work!
There is a plugin that allows MoviePoster to work with PLEX. The plugin uses the Plex API to communicate with your Plex Media Server to get the now playing information. Check out the definitive guide for instructions on how to set it up.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.gwazri37bhhp
meyer64 is offline  
post #2243 of 2897 Old 01-17-2017, 09:19 PM
Senior Member
 
davisnub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 27
noob question, when browsing the cache, what does the checkmark mean? also, is there an quick method to select multiple posters in order to delete?

also, is it normal for trailer playback to be a little spotty? I'm assuming it pulls the trailers from youtube and if it's a dead link, it won't play?

Last edited by davisnub; 01-17-2017 at 10:30 PM.
davisnub is offline  
post #2244 of 2897 Old 01-18-2017, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,088
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by davisnub View Post
noob question, when browsing the cache, what does the checkmark mean? also, is there an quick method to select multiple posters in order to delete?

also, is it normal for trailer playback to be a little spotty? I'm assuming it pulls the trailers from youtube and if it's a dead link, it won't play?
The checkbox on the cache page of the webremote indicates that a trailer is available and has been cached. Yes, they are pulled from youtube using links from themoviedb.org. While the vast majority of movies do have a trailer available, there are a handful that don't. I've changed the indicators for trailers and motion posters in version 2.3 to make the meaning more clear.

The ability to select and delete multiple posters in the webremote will be in version 2.3. You'll also be able to select multiple posters to add to custom lists in a single action.
meyer64 is offline  
post #2245 of 2897 Old 01-18-2017, 09:15 AM
Senior Member
 
davisnub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
The checkbox on the cache page of the webremote indicates that a trailer is available and has been cached. Yes, they are pulled from youtube using links from themoviedb.org. While the vast majority of movies do have a trailer available, there are a handful that don't. I've changed the indicators for trailers and motion posters in version 2.3 to make the meaning more clear.

The ability to select and delete multiple posters in the webremote will be in version 2.3. You'll also be able to select multiple posters to add to custom lists in a single action.
meyer, just wondering, is there a notification anywhere on the movie poster if a trailer is available?
davisnub is offline  
post #2246 of 2897 Old 01-18-2017, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,088
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by davisnub View Post
meyer, just wondering, is there a notification anywhere on the movie poster if a trailer is available?
There is an option in the settings to turn on a trailer icon. It is off by default. Its a little eye that shows in the bottom right of the poster if it has a trailer. I don't think I added that to webview displays though now that I think about it.
meyer64 is offline  
post #2247 of 2897 Old 01-18-2017, 01:37 PM
Senior Member
 
davisnub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
There is an option in the settings to turn on a trailer icon. It is off by default. Its a little eye that shows in the bottom right of the poster if it has a trailer. I don't think I added that to webview displays though now that I think about it.
meyer, I'll take a peek at it tonight. Would you happen to know off the top of your head what's the name of the setting or which sub-menu it's part of?

edit: ah I found it. now that I've been messing around with the plugins, it seems like the app isn't connecting to my plex server. I have both my login details entered and I even input the name of the device (separately and at the same time) and it still doesn't seem to be able to present the poster along with start and end times. any thing I should try to troubleshoot?

Last edited by davisnub; 01-18-2017 at 11:54 PM.
davisnub is offline  
post #2248 of 2897 Old 01-19-2017, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,088
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by davisnub View Post
meyer, I'll take a peek at it tonight. Would you happen to know off the top of your head what's the name of the setting or which sub-menu it's part of?

edit: ah I found it. now that I've been messing around with the plugins, it seems like the app isn't connecting to my plex server. I have both my login details entered and I even input the name of the device (separately and at the same time) and it still doesn't seem to be able to present the poster along with start and end times. any thing I should try to troubleshoot?
Make sure the deviceidtowatch setting is the EXACT name of the client device as it is listed in you plex media server. It is case sensitive.
meyer64 is offline  
post #2249 of 2897 Old 01-19-2017, 01:08 PM
Senior Member
 
davisnub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
Make sure the deviceidtowatch setting is the EXACT name of the client device as it is listed in you plex media server. It is case sensitive.
I can retry it but I'm confident it was exactly the same. If I have the plugin point to my plex account, wouldn't it still work? I can see that the movieposter is connected to the server on the bottom right
davisnub is offline  
post #2250 of 2897 Old 01-19-2017, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,088
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by davisnub View Post
I can retry it but I'm confident it was exactly the same. If I have the plugin point to my plex account, wouldn't it still work? I can see that the movieposter is connected to the server on the bottom right
Since your plex server serves multiple clients, MoviePoster needs to know which client status to pay attention to. If MoviePoster is showing connected, then its most likely that the deviceidtowatch setting doesn't match the client device's name.
meyer64 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off