MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 98 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 365Likes

post #2911 of 2928 Old 09-29-2019, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaded21 View Post
What did you name them? Did you have to modify anything else to get them to show up?
I changed the Dolby HD (the 7.1 one) to Atmos and I added a 4K file and it picked it up on 4K movies (I called it 4K_Ultra_HD.png)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190930_071055.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	633.3 KB
ID:	2621470  
Spaded21 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 2928 Old 10-05-2019, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
is the author supporting this any longer? It looks like updates stopped a couple of years back.
OzSteve71 likes this.
post #2913 of 2928 Old 10-05-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore88 View Post
is the author supporting this any longer? It looks like updates stopped a couple of years back.
His last post was the 19th of May this year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2914 of 2928 Old 10-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I'm currently building a frame to house my 40" tv so I can join the digital movie poster club. But I'm extremely hesitant to download the Move Poster App after reading through the last few pages of this thread. Seems as though the software support has been nonexistent as of late. Being that my experience with Plex, Raspberry Pi, and most things code/program related is also non existent outside of what I'm learning on YouTube here and there, I'm not sure if it's smart for me to jump in here without a solid safety net. Hope all is well with BMeyer, in the meantime, what do you guys think would be the wisest move?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
post #2915 of 2928 Old 10-09-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Cav View Post
I'm currently building a frame to house my 40" tv so I can join the digital movie poster club. But I'm extremely hesitant to download the Move Poster App after reading through the last few pages of this thread. Seems as though the software support has been nonexistent as of late. Being that my experience with Plex, Raspberry Pi, and most things code/program related is also non existent outside of what I'm learning on YouTube here and there, I'm not sure if it's smart for me to jump in here without a solid safety net. Hope all is well with BMeyer, in the meantime, what do you guys think would be the wisest move?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I paid and received a code. I am happy with the posters and so on. I'd just like to see it work with the current build of kodi so it can pull down the poster of the movie I am watching. Other than that. It works great. Plus you can use it as non registered to test/try anyway
1st Cav likes this.
post #2916 of 2928 Old 10-17-2019, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore88 View Post

It looks like it's dead. I wonder if the author would be willing to release the source code? I have a buddy that I might be able to get to work on it at least enough to fix the bugs and keep it alive.

I'd love to figure out how the trailers are supposed to work. Sometimes they work for me and other times they don't. The naming convention seems to be weird and additions to the database inconsistent.
post #2917 of 2928 Old 10-17-2019, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderturbo007 View Post
It looks like it's dead. I wonder if the author would be willing to release the source code? I have a buddy that I might be able to get to work on it at least enough to fix the bugs and keep it alive.

I'd love to figure out how the trailers are supposed to work. Sometimes they work for me and other times they don't. The naming convention seems to be weird and additions to the database inconsistent.
Maybe the people who are still interested can get a bounty going, throw in a few bucks each as an incentive? Maybe using bountysource.com or something similar?

7.2.4 BenQ/Marantz/HTD/Micca/SVS/Dayton
post #2918 of 2928 Old 10-17-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaded21 View Post
Maybe the people who are still interested can get a bounty going, throw in a few bucks each as an incentive? Maybe using bountysource.com or something similar?
I'd be keen to kick in to help. I think this is a great app for all us hardcore AV'ers lol
opeters likes this.
post #2919 of 2928 Old 10-18-2019, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Meyer is pretty good at responding to his email via the website. Maybe someone can reach out? He’s a really nice guy.

[email protected]
post #2920 of 2928 Old 10-18-2019, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 438
I emailed him a couple/few months back and he said he was still working on the next version.
Shawn Colton and OzSteve71 like this.
post #2921 of 2928 Old 10-19-2019, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderturbo007 View Post

Check out stikle's post on the previous page. His method worked for me and my trailers are working again.
post #2922 of 2928 Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Hello guys , i was big fan of movieposter app for many years , i have of course register version and i was so happy with the digital posters for my
home cinema , the last months i saw that the movieposter app is not updated anymore and also i want something that many people ask years now , movieposterapp for raspberry........(low power , small size, cheap)....

so i have great news for everyone!

i am working the last month (i am developer) for a movieposterapp clone for raspberry pi! , i hope in the next 10 days i will have a beta version for
everyone to test it! , of course the app will be free...total free......

stay tuned!

G.
post #2923 of 2928 Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0raid View Post
Hello guys , i was big fan of movieposter app for many years , i have of course register version and i was so happy with the digital posters for my
home cinema , the last months i saw that the movieposter app is not updated anymore and also i want something that many people ask years now , movieposterapp for raspberry........(low power , small size, cheap)....

i am working the last month (i am developer) for a movieposterapp clone for raspberry pi! , i hope in the next 10 days i will have a beta version for

stay tuned!

G.
RPi 2/3 or Rpi4? Will you build a version for Windows also?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Theater | Vero 4K | Epson 5030UB + Peerless PRG-UNV | 100" EluneVision Reference 4K Screen | Onkyo TX-NR555 @ 5.2.2 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | Polk Audio RTi A9 + CSi A6 + OWM3 + Micca M8C + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83V Mini PC + MoviePosterApp | Z83V + DietPi FTP Server + 3 x 8TB HDDs + 4 x DLink DHP-701AV
post #2924 of 2928 Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightWatcher View Post
RPi 2/3 or Rpi4? Will you build a version for Windows also?
for RPi 2/3/4 , sorry no windows version....
post #2925 of 2928 Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:

stay tuned!

G.

That’s exciting! Will it work with newer versions of Kodi as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2926 of 2928 Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enovison View Post
That’s exciting! Will it work with newer versions of Kodi as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes! support the latest kodi version!
Randybw1 and OzSteve71 like this.
post #2927 of 2928 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

This is awesome, A Pi and all I need is posters and works with Kodi and I'll be sweet

Looking forward to testing this out

Better order a Pi I think
post #2928 of 2928 Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

stay tuned!

G.
This is great news for sure... hope it will work with Emby :-)

Epson 5050UB - Falcon Screens AT 131"
Onkyo TX RZ830 - Emotiva XPA-5 - Panamax M5300
Polk 265LS/255cLS L/C/R - 2 sets 80F/X-LS Atmos & LSiM703 surrounds - Dual SVS PB2000 subs
Panasonic DP-UB820 - HTPC with Emby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page