HT Design Theater Seating - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 338Likes

post #421 of 2142 Old 11-18-2015, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSehnsucht View Post
We're looking for curved seating with a love seat in the middle: |OVOOVO|

We want power recline. Width should be somewhere around 130" or less (going over a few inches is no problem, we've got 60"+ more in the room, but ideally like to keep that all for the aisles down the sides)

Ideally (but not required) would be drink holders, tray tables and arm storage, etc.

It's probably too late for this but if we could somehow get them shipped here to the Dallas, TX area before Thanksgiving that would be awesome.

I've been looking at the quick ship options on HTmarket and none of them seem to offer a curved option? If we want curved, do we have to special order (no chance of Thanksgiving or possibly even Christmas) ?
Thanks, we offer curved in brown and black leather southampton and in black leather hamilton. I will show you with videos below.

Email me for quote, if we get order in tomorrow, it's possible to make thanksgiving.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 2142 Old 11-18-2015, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Will you be running any black friday deals? Im looking to make my seating purchase in the next 2 weeks and I am considering a few places, thanks!
post #423 of 2142 Old 11-19-2015, 04:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

We will have a sale but it will be the same deal as you see now...

We offer value all year long and it's not our marketing strategy to offer huge deals on black Friday as all the guys who bought the week or month before feel cheated. We like to keep it fair. I can tell you that our seating is top of the line and priced very well as we include everything in the seating. We will also support the product after the sale which reduces your risk in the purchase . We hope we can help you out.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTMARKET.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 2142 Old 11-27-2015, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
Still looking to test sit a set of Devonshires on the east coast. Anyone willing?
I tried a few customers and struck out with no response as they were not avs guys, we only had a few in your area, as we ship all over usa and most of the devonshire orders were not mid atlantic.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #425 of 2142 Old 11-30-2015, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I tried a few customers and struck out with no response as they were not avs guys, we only had a few in your area, as we ship all over usa and most of the devonshire orders were not mid atlantic.
A NJ owner has pmed me, hoping I can see his seats over christmas holiday. Thanks!

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
post #426 of 2142 Old 11-30-2015, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
A NJ owner has pmed me, hoping I can see his seats over christmas holiday. Thanks!
That's great to hear, avs is a great online community.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #427 of 2142 Old 12-07-2015, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inshakoor View Post
Back in July I ordered a row of 3 Southampton chairs in black with a straight configuration. I chose HTMarket because of the great reviews I found online (including this forum) and because of the space saving design. I only had so much space and these looked like they'd fit perfectly. Immediately after placing my order I was contacted by HTMarket to let me know that it would be about 30 days until the order would be fulfilled due to a new shipment being sent from overseas. They asked if I'd like to cancel or change my order, or to continue to wait. I was very appreciative of them letting me know of the delay but as I wasn't in a huge rush, I was ok to wait. As time went on they kept me appraised of the shipment. In the end it took just over 30 days and my chairs arrived in pristine condition. The delivery guy helped me get the boxes in my garage and make sure they were in tip top condition. One or two boxes had some gouges in them but the seats were untouched. My buddy came over and he and I got them in the house and I set them up and I was immediately blown away by the smoothness of the motor and by the firm but not too firm seats. Not to mention they look so freakin' good! I prefer a bit ofsupport and not to drown in my chairs, and these were spot on. I really wanted to save as much space as I could (my room is roughly 12' x 18') and these made that possible. You really do only need 4" from the top of the chair for clearance.

I noticed that a cup holder was missing from one of the armrests and they quickly sent me not one but two replacements! Lastly, the chairs made a rubbing sound while opening and closing ( I live in 'Vegas and it's dry, dry, dry). I reached out for help with this and they suggested putting a small amount of baby powder on my fingers and applying itto the areas that rub. I went toWalmart, grabbed a $2 bottle of generic baby powder (will last forever) and to my delight, this worked like a charm! Just to be safe, I rubbed it all over the inside of the arm rest where it touches the seat and the back and now we're running silent!

I've been using my seats now for almost 2 months (couldn't use them until my theater was done) and the leather still feels great and the chairs are working like a charm. Shortly I'll be ordering another row of 3 with a single left and love seat configuration (as soon as there's another 10% off deal ). Nothing but kudos to Alan and his team for their prompt responses (even on the weekends) and their great support!
thanks for the review, your seats look great, the baby powder does work to take the noise away if leather rubbing on recline.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #428 of 2142 Old 12-08-2015, 03:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
thanks for the review, your seats look great, the baby powder does work to take the noise away if leather rubbing on recline.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Another option.... I bought a container of LEXOL Leather Care Pads (20). My row of 4 Southamptons will be one year old this month. I've only had to use a LEXOL pad once six moths ago. They are just now again starting to make the noise of leather rubbing when relining so I'll give it a treatment today. I've used LEXOL in my cars for years and always keeps the leather nice and soft and looking like new.
So, a quick wipe twice a year and the seats stay quiet and like new!

Pioneer UDP-LX500 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Emotiva A-300 2ch amp | Emotiva PA-1 monoblock | JVC DLA-RS1000 Projector | Mini DSP 4x2 | Dune HD Smart D1 | ZIDOO Z9S | Buttkicker system | HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs(2) | HSU MBM-12 MK2 Mid bass module | Klipsch RP-8000F(2) | Klipsch RP-504C | Klipsch RS-62 II(2) | Polk RC80i Ceiling(4) | Carada 134” screen | unRAID 40TB
post #429 of 2142 Old 12-08-2015, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I really wished you guys would made the South Hampton with no power recline or lights.
post #430 of 2142 Old 12-09-2015, 05:21 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
I really wished you guys would made the South Hampton with no power recline or lights.

I agree about the lights, particularly the ones below your feet. You could just unplug them, but I don't want to pay for something I will unplug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #431 of 2142 Old 12-09-2015, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
we are making it, it's called easthampton but it will be in bonded leather it will have manual recline stainless cups. It will be out in mid january.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #432 of 2142 Old 12-09-2015, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlue View Post
I agree about the lights, particularly the ones below your feet. You could just unplug them, but I don't want to pay for something I will unplug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That strip of lights on bottom is a cheap item, I think we cost about $3 dollars a seat at retail so your not paying for much if you unplug it. The other parts much more expensive pocketed seat coils, real top grain leather, raffel controlled cups, power recline are the real cost to the seat and of course the labor to build the chair, so your rational for not paying for something you won't use is not holding up as it's really a throw in.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #433 of 2142 Old 12-09-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
we are making it, it's called easthampton but it will be in bonded leather it will have manual recline stainless cups. It will be out in mid january.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Unfortunately, I want real leather. Basically, South Hamptons with no power recline or lights.
post #434 of 2142 Old 12-09-2015, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, I want real leather. Basically, South Hamptons with no power recline or lights.
No problem you could custom order what you want with Palliser perhaps the elite style very similar, we are trying to cover the needs of market but when we inventory product we go with most popular features in the market and power recline is the most popular feature and led is next most popular, we do the led controls as we think it's the best way to control power recline and the strip is a cheap throw in on bottom can be uplugged. How come you don't want power recline?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #435 of 2142 Old 12-09-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
No problem you could custom order what you want with Palliser perhaps the elite style very similar, we are trying to cover the needs of market but when we inventory product we go with most popular features in the market and power recline is the most popular feature and led is next most popular, we do the led controls as we think it's the best way to control power recline and the strip is a cheap throw in on bottom can be uplugged. How come you don't want power recline?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
I've owned manual recline chairs/sofas for 5+ years and have no issues/complaints. I also do not have a nearby outlet and do not want any wires showing. I see no reason to spend hundreds of dollars more on features I don't need or want. I'd much rather spend it on a nicer TV or speakers.
post #436 of 2142 Old 12-09-2015, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've owned manual recline chairs/sofas for 5+ years and have no issues/complaints. I also do not have a nearby outlet and do not want any wires showing. I see no reason to spend hundreds of dollars more on features I don't need or want. I'd much rather spend it on a nicer TV or speakers.
It's all on what you want, we may not have it, you could look at paget though which fits your needs manual recline, stainless cups. Power recline is actually at retail list about 100 more per chair a little less after discounts, so it can add up a bit. A few hundred for 3 chairs but it's more a comfort feature as you can put the recline where you want that suits your viewing position, it's not just for older folks.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #437 of 2142 Old 12-09-2015, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I am looking for a power reclining, top grain leather, row of three that can fit under 96", though would prefer close to 90". Any suggestions?
post #438 of 2142 Old 12-09-2015, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

HT design home theater seating

Quote:
Originally Posted by window2000bug View Post
I am looking for a power reclining, top grain leather, row of three that can fit under 96", though would prefer close to 90". Any suggestions?
Our somerset model comes in black and brown is a good fit for that. It's 95.25. it has power recline, top grain leather, storage and black trays included (vid shows brown trays but we switched to black). It also has adjustable headrest. Email us for a price.

I will put vids here

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Somerset
post #439 of 2142 Old 12-10-2015, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It looks like I will finally get a chance to move at least 2 of my 6 brown Somerset I bought into my room. The room isn't even close to be finished but my wife organized for a date night and all 3 kids will be out of the house. So it will be take out food and likely Jurassic World.
I have the seats now for several months but with being out of the country for some time and starting a new job they just sat in their boxes in the garage.
I have 3 Two-Arm seats and 3 right-arm seats making for a row of 4 and 2 singles. Very excited to try them finally

Alan, is it possible to retrofit a left arm to one of the right-arm only models ? In case I wanna make it 3 standalone and a row of 3 ?!
post #440 of 2142 Old 12-10-2015, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

[QUOTE=VolkerH.;39627922]It looks like I will finally get a chance to move at least 2 of my 6 brown Somerset I bought into my room. The room isn't even close to be finished but my wife organized for a date night and all 3 kids will be out of the house. So it will be take out food and likely Jurassic World.
I have the seats now for several months but with being out of the country for some time and starting a new job they just sat in their boxes in the garage.
I have 3 Two-Arm seats and 3 right-arm seats making for a row of 4 and 2 singles. Very excited to try them finally

Alan, is it possible to retrofit a left arm to one of the right-arm only models ? In case I wanna make it 3 standalone and a row of 3 ?![/QUOTE

Sorry I am confused on this, what seat do you want to mod, the RF seat to LF Seat? send me offline, but taking a rf to a lf seat can't be done as you have the finish of the arm on the other side so if you move it it will not be finished on that side. If you want 3 stand alone you could buy another 2 arm chair.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #441 of 2142 Old 12-10-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolkerH. View Post
It looks like I will finally get a chance to move at least 2 of my 6 brown Somerset I bought into my room. The room isn't even close to be finished but my wife organized for a date night and all 3 kids will be out of the house. So it will be take out food and likely Jurassic World.

Alan, is it possible to retrofit a left arm to one of the right-arm only models ? In case I wanna make it 3 standalone and a row of 3 ?!
Sorry I am confused on this, what seat do you want to mod, the RF seat to LF Seat? send me offline, but taking a rf to a lf seat can't be done as you have the finish of the arm on the other side so if you move it it will not be finished on that side. If you want 3 stand alone you could buy another 2 arm chair.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
The row of 4 (125" wide) currently consists of a two-arm on the left side and then 3 right-arm models. If I take the two-arm away, the now furthest left of the 3 remaining right arm models would need a left arm (essentially turning it into another two-arm model).
post #442 of 2142 Old 12-10-2015, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The row of 4 (125" wide) currently consists of a two-arm on the left side and then 3 right-arm models. If I take the two-arm away, the now furthest left of the 3 remaining right arm models would need a left arm (essentially turning it into another two-arm model).
Nice to hear from you again, I don't think it's worth the hassle, as we would have to order an arm and you pay for it and we put on a container, reship an arm to you and then you would have to rewire the seat etc and put on an arm, and I unsure if it can be done and how it would turn out, I would have to check with factory to see if rewire is possible. I would say your best best is leave the row of 4 as is and then add an armless in between the 2 (2 arm chairs) to make a row of 3. we can cut a deal on the armless chair.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
VolkerH. likes this.
post #443 of 2142 Old 12-10-2015, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I finally placed an order last night for a curved row of 4 Southamptons in brown with a love seat in the middle. I will be sure to post photos as soon as they arrive.

Thanks to Alan and his team for helping me make my decision!
VolkerH. likes this.
post #444 of 2142 Old 12-10-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Nice to hear from you again, I don't think it's worth the hassle, as we would have to order an arm and you pay for it and we put on a container, reship an arm to you and then you would have to rewire the seat etc and put on an arm, and I unsure if it can be done and how it would turn out, I would have to check with factory to see if rewire is possible. I would say your best best is leave the row of 4 as is and then add an armless in between the 2 (2 arm chairs) to make a row of 3. we can cut a deal on the armless chair.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
That's what I thought that it would be likely a little bit more involved to get the piece even I don't think rewiring would be necessary as all the controls are in the right panel now and I wouldn't care if the left arm cupholder is lighted or not. Just thought I ask

I still owe you a mail with feedback so we can close the book on the transaction, sorry
post #445 of 2142 Old 12-10-2015, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcjm View Post
I finally placed an order last night for a curved row of 4 Southamptons in brown with a love seat in the middle. I will be sure to post photos as soon as they arrive.

Thanks to Alan and his team for helping me make my decision!
Thanks for the order, we appreciate the business.

Best Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
drewcjm likes this.
post #446 of 2142 Old 12-11-2015, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
Another option.... I bought a container of LEXOL Leather Care Pads (20). My row of 4 Southamptons will be one year old this month. I've only had to use a LEXOL pad once six moths ago. They are just now again starting to make the noise of leather rubbing when relining so I'll give it a treatment today. I've used LEXOL in my cars for years and always keeps the leather nice and soft and looking like new.
So, a quick wipe twice a year and the seats stay quiet and like new!
great suggestion on the lexol pads.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #447 of 2142 Old 12-12-2015, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Alan, you don't happen to have a spec sheet/spreadsheet that compares all the features across your whole line of seats, do you? Can't find anything on the site. If not, I'll just have to create one myself.
post #448 of 2142 Old 12-12-2015, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzz View Post
Alan, you don't happen to have a spec sheet/spreadsheet that compares all the features across your whole line of seats, do you? Can't find anything on the site. If not, I'll just have to create one myself.

we don't have that yet, but if you do it post it up here, that would be a nice to have for other members. We may do one at some point but it's real busy now at the office with shipping seats and other things.

We have one more style coming mid Jan called Easthampton, same style as southampton but in bonded leather in both power recline and manual. The power recline one will have led cupholders with usb and base lights, black tables and storage. The manual recline one will just have stainless cupholders black tables and storage.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #449 of 2142 Old 12-16-2015, 07:12 AM

Alan / all,
I finally was able to set up 2 chairs (Somerset in brown) and watched a movie with the wife. She loves it!
I plugged the LED strips in but seem to be missing where and how they are mounted ?!
Also, the stand alone chair has a little metal cradle at the base in which the power supply rests, the left arm only one does not have the cradle.
I was not able yet to look at the other chairs to see if they have the cradle and/or any LED mounting points.
Does anyone know ?
post #450 of 2142 Old 12-16-2015, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Alan / all,
I finally was able to set up 2 chairs (Somerset in brown) and watched a movie with the wife. She loves it!
I plugged the LED strips in but seem to be missing where and how they are mounted ?!
Also, the stand alone chair has a little metal cradle at the base in which the power supply rests, the left arm only one does not have the cradle.
I was not able yet to look at the other chairs to see if they have the cradle and/or any LED mounting points.
Does anyone know ?

they usually mount using zip ties on the base of the recline mech rail, some also have sticky tape on back to tape first.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page