HT Design Theater Seating - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 338Likes

post #451 of 2142 Old 12-16-2015, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
they usually mount using zip ties on the base of the recline mech rail, some also have sticky tape on back to tape first.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Thanks Alan, I was thinking zip ties but wanted to be sure not to miss something.
What about the cradle for the power supply, is that only on the stand alone models ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 2142 Old 12-16-2015, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolkerH. View Post
Thanks Alan, I was thinking zip ties but wanted to be sure not to miss something.
What about the cradle for the power supply, is that only on the stand alone models ?
it's not necessary to cradle the power supply, just put it under the chair on the floor. We started adding that later in the seats, so you might have a seat that has it but earlier
versions did not.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #453 of 2142 Old 12-16-2015, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
it's not necessary to cradle the power supply, just put it under the chair on the floor. We started adding that later in the seats, so you might have a seat that has it but earlier
versions did not.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 2142 Old 12-18-2015, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alan

I'm very interested in either the Southampton or Hamilton, row of 4. I live too far from Chicago where you are but there is a dealer where I live who sells Palliser. Do Palliser have any chairs similar to the Southampton and Hamilton so I can at least somewhat compare what they feel like to sit in. I would really like to order one of your chairs but can't really decide without at least get a sense of how each feel to sit in.
post #455 of 2142 Old 12-18-2015, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkarlsson View Post
Alan

I'm very interested in either the Southampton or Hamilton, row of 4. I live too far from Chicago where you are but there is a dealer where I live who sells Palliser. Do Palliser have any chairs similar to the Southampton and Hamilton so I can at least somewhat compare what they feel like to sit in. I would really like to order one of your chairs but can't really decide without at least get a sense of how each feel to sit in.
I would say southampton is most like the Palliser playback and our hamilton is like the media or channel style they offer. I would try and sit in those to compare. Our line does sit similar to pallser and we use the similar parts like rafel led cupholders with inserts, okin motors and pocketed seat coil seating.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #456 of 2142 Old 12-19-2015, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks that is very helpful!

I will check those out and let you know. Our new room will be completed late January/early February so I have a few weeks to decide which direction to go and decide on chairs.
post #457 of 2142 Old 12-19-2015, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I'm interested in getting the HT Design Paget row of 6 chairs. My wife and I are building a house and we have a loft upstairs, I have limited space. These chairs shouldn't make people feel cramped though, should they?

Thanks,
Scott
post #458 of 2142 Old 12-19-2015, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSFA View Post
I'm interested in getting the HT Design Paget row of 6 chairs. My wife and I are building a house and we have a loft upstairs, I have limited space. These chairs shouldn't make people feel cramped though, should they?

Thanks,
Scott

No the seat itself is very wide, the savings of space is in the arm, however the arms are still comfortable and they still have arm storage for the tray tables.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Last edited by HTmarket; 12-22-2015 at 07:44 AM.
post #459 of 2142 Old 12-21-2015, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkarlsson View Post
Thanks that is very helpful!

I will check those out and let you know. Our new room will be completed late January/early February so I have a few weeks to decide which direction to go and decide on chairs.
Take your time, we are here to help.

Thanks
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #460 of 2142 Old 12-24-2015, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Merry Christmas and happy holidays from all of us at HTmarket.com to all the guys on avs forum. Thanks for the support.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #461 of 2142 Old 12-24-2015, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Hi all,

I'm currently finishing out my basement and have plans to build a dedicated home theater room that will measure approximately 21ft long by 15 feet wide. I've been looking around trying to figure out what type of seating I should put in the room and I came across the seating from HT Design.

I'd like to fit at least 5, if not 6, seats in my front row. The Paget looks to be the narrowst chair that HT Design offers. I still haven't decided if I should go with manual or power recline. I understand that having the power recline lets you set the chair exactly where you want it to be, but I'm really concerned about the motor burning out or failing. Then my HT chair would be basically useless! Going with the manual seems like it might be the more reliable long-term option.

Also, is there a huge difference in the comfort levels of the chairs? My HT room will also double as a music listening room and I spend quite a bit of time listening to music. I'm wondering if I should consider putting one of the more expensive model chairs in my "sweet spot" so that if I'm listening to music or watching a movie I can be in an awesome chair. If the comfort levels of the chairs are vastly different, I may want to put a better chair in my main listening position.

I don't know much about furniture build quality. Are these seats well made? Will they hold up for a long time?
post #462 of 2142 Old 12-24-2015, 01:29 PM

Hi all,

I'm currently finishing out my basement and have plans to build a dedicated home theater room that will measure approximately 21ft long by 15 feet wide. I've been looking around trying to figure out what type of seating I should put in the room and I came across the seating from HT Design.

I'd like to fit at least 5, if not 6, seats in my front row. The Paget looks to be the narrowst chair that HT Design offers. I still haven't decided if I should go with manual or power recline. I understand that having the power recline lets you set the chair exactly where you want it to be, but I'm really concerned about the motor burning out or failing. Then my HT chair would be basically useless! Going with the manual seems like it might be the more reliable long-term option.

Also, is there a huge difference in the comfort levels of the chairs? My HT room will also double as a music listening room and I spend quite a bit of time listening to music. I'm wondering if I should consider putting one of the more expensive model chairs in my "sweet spot" so that if I'm listening to music or watching a movie I can be in an awesome chair. If the comfort levels of the chairs are vastly different, I may want to put a better chair in my main listening position.

I don't know much about furniture build quality. Are these seats well made? Will they hold up for a long time?
post #463 of 2142 Old 12-26-2015, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcisbig View Post
Hi all,

thanks for posting, as for motors burning out that does not happen, we have been selling theater chairs for 16 years and motors don't burn out, so your fear of that happening is common but the actuality of happening is close to nil. As far as manual goes, I would say manual is fine but power is way better that's why we don't stock many manual chairs as power is preffered option as you can put the chair in the most comfortable recline position.

As far as build quailty, it's very good you don't have to buy some more expensive chair for the middle as these will last a long time.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Last edited by HTmarket; 12-26-2015 at 12:22 PM.
post #464 of 2142 Old 12-26-2015, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the reply Alan!

I guess I wasn't so much thinking of getting a different chair for the main position from a build quality standpoint, more of a level of comfort standpoint. Are the more expensive chairs more comfortable? Or is the Padget a perfectly comfortable chair to sit in for a few hours at a time?
post #465 of 2142 Old 12-27-2015, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey Alan, do you guys sell Palliser Reward chairs?
post #466 of 2142 Old 12-28-2015, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Alan!

I guess I wasn't so much thinking of getting a different chair for the main position from a build quality standpoint, more of a level of comfort standpoint. Are the more expensive chairs more comfortable? Or is the Padget a perfectly comfortable chair to sit in for a few hours at a time?
I have jaymar chairs in my house from years ago I got them in 2006 and they are about 1500 a seat and I actually prefer our imported chairs ht design comfort over the jaymar chairs.

the paget is real comfortable and we use pocketed coil springs in the seating area so it will last along time and provide a level seating area for comfort. You could sit in it all day and still feel comfortable.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #467 of 2142 Old 12-28-2015, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlue View Post
Hey Alan, do you guys sell Palliser Reward chairs?
we have them but they since rename the chair Palliser record, just go on our site and check them out, if you need a price email me.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #468 of 2142 Old 12-28-2015, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
we don't have that yet, but if you do it post it up here, that would be a nice to have for other members. We may do one at some point but it's real busy now at the office with shipping seats and other things.

We have one more style coming mid Jan called Easthampton, same style as southampton but in bonded leather in both power recline and manual. The power recline one will have led cupholders with usb and base lights, black tables and storage. The manual recline one will just have stainless cupholders black tables and storage.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Finally had a chance to put together my comparison worksheet. Interesting to see the little nuances in each option. Please use at your own risk since I got distracted several times while putting it together.

My room should be done in the next month or so and this will be very useful in evaluating options at both htmarket.com and other places when I make my purchase so hopefully it helps out others on the forum.

If anyone wants anything else added let me know and I'll try to drop in.

Alan - if there are glaring pieces of misinformation, please let me know and I'll update and repost.

Last edited by Fazzz; 12-30-2015 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Removed old zip file with spreadsheet. Updated version in post #470
post #469 of 2142 Old 12-29-2015, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzz View Post
Finally had a chance to put together my comparison worksheet. Interesting to see the little nuances in each option. Please use at your own risk since I got distracted several times while putting it together.

My room should be done in the next month or so and this will be very useful in evaluating options at both htmarket.com and other places when I make my purchase so hopefully it helps out others on the forum.

If anyone wants anything else added let me know and I'll try to drop in.

Alan - if there are glaring pieces of misinformation, please let me know and I'll update and repost.
Looks good, couple changes though, hamilton and devonshire only come in black top grain. Paget also has a manual version at a lower price point on our site. We also have a new style arriving Jan 3 Easthampton which is southampton twin in black bonded leather both manual and power recline. The power recline has usb and led. We now have that on our site, you can put that in another column if you like. Oh, I just saw one other issue, you need to change photo under hamilton column to hamilton photo, as you still show southampton photo under hamilton.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Last edited by HTmarket; 12-29-2015 at 08:48 AM. Reason: photo edite on spreadsheet
post #470 of 2142 Old 12-29-2015, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Looks good, couple changes though, hamilton and devonshire only come in black top grain. Paget also has a manual version at a lower price point on our site. We also have a new style arriving Jan 3 Easthampton which is southampton twin in black bonded leather both manual and power recline. The power recline has usb and led. We now have that on our site, you can put that in another column if you like. Oh, I just saw one other issue, you need to change photo under hamilton column to hamilton photo, as you still show southampton photo under hamilton.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Mistakes corrected and Easthampton added. Really wish my room was ready to go as you've got a very nice sale going.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Theater Seat Comparison.zip (437.8 KB, 121 views)
post #471 of 2142 Old 12-29-2015, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzz View Post
Mistakes corrected and Easthampton added. Really wish my room was ready to go as you've got a very nice sale going.
yes sale is sitewide all items, 3 days only, thanks for the comparison chart.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #472 of 2142 Old 12-29-2015, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
we have them but they since rename the chair Palliser record, just go on our site and check them out, if you need a price email me.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Do you know if they made changes to the chairs or just updated the name?
post #473 of 2142 Old 12-29-2015, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlue View Post
Do you know if they made changes to the chairs or just updated the name?
It's the same chair as before just changed the name, they changed the name about 5 years ago along with changing all the style names.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
Htmarket.com
post #474 of 2142 Old 12-30-2015, 12:32 PM

What are the main differences between the Bonded Leather and the Top Grain Leather? Is there a different feel to them? Is durability vastly different?
post #475 of 2142 Old 12-30-2015, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What are the main differences between the Bonded Leather and the Top Grain Leather? Is there a different feel to them? Is durability vastly different?
top grain is real leather a natural product that is dyed for uniformity of color, the bonded leather is parts of leather glued together hence the term bonded, they feel similar and look similar. Overall real leather will last longer depending on use, it's hard to say exact years etc as it also depends on tempature in room, humidity and sunlight etc. I would say real leather is worth the premium if your going to use the chairs all the time. If it's an occasitonal use room then bonded might work.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #476 of 2142 Old 01-03-2016, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just ordered a Southampton four-seater with loveseat. Does anyone know what the seat makeup is for that configuration? Is it two righthanders and two lefthanders, or two two-arms and two with no arms, or something else? Curious to know which of my seats will have cupholder controls and which will be inside the seat. Thanks!
post #477 of 2142 Old 01-03-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashman View Post
I just ordered a Southampton four-seater with loveseat. Does anyone know what the seat makeup is for that configuration? Is it two righthanders and two lefthanders, or two two-arms and two with no arms, or something else? Curious to know which of my seats will have cupholder controls and which will be inside the seat. Thanks!
I answered my own question watching their video. Looks like there are two two-arm seats and two armless. That's a bit of a bummer as I was hoping the middle seats would get cupholder controls too. Has anyone inquired about getting that other configuration? Is there a difference in cost?
post #478 of 2142 Old 01-03-2016, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashman View Post
I answered my own question watching their video. Looks like there are two two-arm seats and two armless. That's a bit of a bummer as I was hoping the middle seats would get cupholder controls too. Has anyone inquired about getting that other configuration? Is there a difference in cost?
there are 2 ways to do it, 2 5201 and 2 5301's this way has all controls on arms for straight row or 1 3901 and 1 5401 and 2 5201's, this has one armless chair which has controls on 1 chair on seat cushion below, it all depends on stock levels which I can check tomorrow on the order. I think we are out of 5301's the lf chair on brown. I also have to check armless 5401.

Hope that helps but I'll check and email tomorrow.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
Htmarket.com

Last edited by HTmarket; 01-04-2016 at 08:30 AM.
post #479 of 2142 Old 01-03-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
there are 2 ways to do it, 2 5201 and 2 5301's this way has all controls on arms for straight row or 1 3901 and 1 5401 and 2 5201's, this has one armless chair which has controls on 1 chair on seat cushion below, it all depends on stock levels which I can check tomorrow on the order. I think we are out of 5301's the lf chair on brown. I also have to check amrless 5401.

Hope that helps but I'll check and email tomorrow.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
Htmarket.com
That's great to hear, thanks Alan. I strongly prefer two 5201s and two 5301s, and would probably be willing to delay delivery depending on what you think the timing would be to get them in. Let's continue this discussion over email. Thanks again.
post #480 of 2142 Old 01-05-2016, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Alan (or anyone who has tested out both)...

Can you share any opinion on qualitative differences between the Southampton and Hamilton seats? I see that the Hamilton are a bit deeper, wider, and taller. My fiance thinks they *look* more cushioned and that they *look* like you sink into them more as compared to the Southampton. Would either of those statements be accurate in your opinion?

We are trying to finalize which seats we would like and I'm sure we would be happy with either, but anything that could help make our decision slightly more informed would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page