HT Design Theater Seating - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 340Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #481 of 2143 Old 01-05-2016, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinEric View Post
Alan (or anyone who has tested out both)...

Can you share any opinion on qualitative differences between the Southampton and Hamilton seats? I see that the Hamilton are a bit deeper, wider, and taller. My fiance thinks they *look* more cushioned and that they *look* like you sink into them more as compared to the Southampton. Would either of those statements be accurate in your opinion?

We are trying to finalize which seats we would like and I'm sure we would be happy with either, but anything that could help make our decision slightly more informed would be great.
I have sat in both, I would say the hamilton form fits you more, as your legs get channeled into the grooves on footrest and headrest hits head right. I would say though that southampton is just as comfortable and you can move your legs around a bit more on footrest, although most people don't, so I would say they are equally as comfortable. I think it comes down to aesthetics and if you like the way your legs get channeled on footrest more on hamilton or do you want more of a freedom to move legs.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #482 of 2143 Old 01-07-2016, 05:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Question on Length of Paget

Alan,

I had a quick question. I need to get the correct length of (4) Paget seats with no love seat. Your site shows 121 inches but the video states 125 inches. I am starting my 2nd row riser and need exact specs. Thank you for your assistance.

Juan
Juan Granados is offline  
post #483 of 2143 Old 01-07-2016, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Granados View Post
Alan,

I had a quick question. I need to get the correct length of (4) Paget seats with no love seat. Your site shows 121 inches but the video states 125 inches. I am starting my 2nd row riser and need exact specs. Thank you for your assistance.

Juan
On our htmarket.com web site it says the measurement is 119.25 inches, not sure where you saw 121 maybe on our other site, I'll check video out and see what's up on that.


the 119.25 is accurate.


Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Last edited by HTmarket; 01-07-2016 at 07:56 AM.
HTmarket is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #484 of 2143 Old 01-07-2016, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Granados View Post
Alan,

I had a quick question. I need to get the correct length of (4) Paget seats with no love seat. Your site shows 121 inches but the video states 125 inches. I am starting my 2nd row riser and need exact specs. Thank you for your assistance.

Juan
I check vid it had wrong dim on it and temporarily fixed it via overwriting on it.


thanks for picking up that error.


Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
VolkerH. likes this.
HTmarket is offline  
post #485 of 2143 Old 01-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Senior Member
 
groundtrac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SE Idaho
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Looking at the Hamilton 6 seat configuration. Any chance this design will be offered in brown leather?

Epson 5030ub || Marantz 7009 || Emotiva XPA-5|| Red Dragon Audio M500 SKII monoblocks x 2 || Oppo 103|| SVS Prime Towers || Prime Center || Prime Satellites x 8 || SVS PB-2000 x 2 || VApex 110" standard electric screen || wife|| 2 kids || dog
groundtrac is offline  
post #486 of 2143 Old 01-07-2016, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundtrac View Post
Looking at the Hamilton 6 seat configuration. Any chance this design will be offered in brown leather?
Not yet, but I could special order it for you in brown leather and put on one of my inbound containers, it's would be though 90 days to ship it approx. If interested email me, it would be 50% deposit, no cancels.


we do have the southampton in brown in stock in 6 seats straight.


Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #487 of 2143 Old 01-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I check vid it had wrong dim on it and temporarily fixed it via overwriting on it.


thanks for picking up that error.


Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Thank you Alan. You are correct, the site showed 119.25 not the 121. Thanks for the clarification. Have a good rest of the day.

Juan
HTmarket likes this.
Juan Granados is offline  
post #488 of 2143 Old 01-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I check vid it had wrong dim on it and temporarily fixed it via overwriting on it.


thanks for picking up that error.


Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Thank you Alan. You are correct, the site showed 119.25 not the 121. Thanks for the clarification. Have a good rest of the day.

Juan
Juan Granados is offline  
post #489 of 2143 Old 01-07-2016, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kadath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Just emailed my confirmation for 2 rows of Devonshires to Alan!

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
Kadath is offline  
post #490 of 2143 Old 01-08-2016, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
Just emailed my confirmation for 2 rows of Devonshires to Alan!
Thanks for the order, shipping monday, it's great you got another forum guy to let him show you his HT Design Devonshire seats.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Kadath likes this.
HTmarket is offline  
post #491 of 2143 Old 01-08-2016, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kadath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
Thanks for the order, shipping monday, it's great you got another forum guy to let him show you his HT Design Devonshire seats.
For sure, and I expect to be able to do the same once mine are installed.
HTmarket likes this.

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
Kadath is offline  
post #492 of 2143 Old 01-11-2016, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
For sure, and I expect to be able to do the same once mine are installed.
That's great, we are shipping your seats out today.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #493 of 2143 Old 01-12-2016, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kadath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 337
sweet, that was fast!

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
Kadath is offline  
post #494 of 2143 Old 01-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Member
 
SuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Just curious what are the main differences between the Southampton and Somerset seats other than the obvious styling deltas. Thanks!
SuperFan is offline  
post #495 of 2143 Old 01-17-2016, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFan View Post
Just curious what are the main differences between the Southampton and Somerset seats other than the obvious styling deltas. Thanks!
Somerset has adjustable headrest manually adjusted. It also has a smaller footprint in width. Smaller armrests. Somerset only available straight rows.

Southampton is wider seat, it has the usb power port in storage, slightly bigger arms with larger storage compartment. Available straight and curved.

Both use the same top grain leather black or brown and Somerset slightly less money.


Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #496 of 2143 Old 01-20-2016, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkarlsson View Post
Thanks that is very helpful!

I will check those out and let you know. Our new room will be completed late January/early February so I have a few weeks to decide which direction to go and decide on chairs.
Did you get a chance to check out the playbacks?

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #497 of 2143 Old 01-21-2016, 06:41 AM
Newbie
 
cmkarlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No I have not had the opportunity to check them out yet. Mostly because the construction of our new room has been delayed and won't start until mid-february now so won't be completed until mid-march so we're kind of in a stand still at the moment.
cmkarlsson is offline  
post #498 of 2143 Old 01-21-2016, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkarlsson View Post
No I have not had the opportunity to check them out yet. Mostly because the construction of our new room has been delayed and won't start until mid-february now so won't be completed until mid-march so we're kind of in a stand still at the moment.
If you don't get a chance to check them out, you can take a look at our showroom video which is the next best thing to visiting our showroom in Chicago.


Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
rkb2112 likes this.
HTmarket is offline  
post #499 of 2143 Old 01-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Newbie
 
audiophileguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Took a leap of faith and ordered 4 of the Southamptons, 2 on the right side in a loveseat configuration. Was very concerned about buying without being able to try. This based on going to local showrooms and trying out many different models of Palliser and others. The different models had very different feels to them. The Vox in particular had lumbar support I really liked. Some of the really firm ones, where they channel your legs, was not comfortable to me. Would I get lucky enough that the model I picked from HT Market was a good fit? So I mentioned the Vox I liked and Alan recommended the Shampton and I went for it...

Seats showed up in a few days in my driveway on a pallet. Delivery company was good and called ahead as I asked. Took me about 90 mins. to take down to basement and place them right, doing this by myself. Having a helper person might be a better idea. At least one of the boxes had damage on the corner(s). The seats were all in perfect condition. The packaging (boxes) appears to be robust enough that it prevented any seat damage even with a little box damage.

The power cords are extra long, very smart. I had my contractor run a not-quite-to-code power cable under my carpet to the center of the chairs. Hooked up a simple power strip to this and plugged each chair into that. Shoved the power strip up into the empty space below one of the chairs. The assembly was super easy. The seats are very comfortable - firm but a little soft as advertised. My lumbar support fear is gone now. I can dial in the exact recline position I want. My wife and kids are extremely happy. The overall width of all 4 chairs is a great fit in my 16' wide room with some room on both sides for aisles.

Overall I'm highly impressed. The leather is nice, the chairs are sturdy, etc...I think the value is definitely there at $3K and Alan did a great job designing these. He and his team also directly answered a lot of questions I had. Saved me a boatload of money vs. buying Palliser. Actually, I might have never bought these kind of chairs without this pricing because $5K+ for Palliser just felt like too much money to me even with the expensive basement finish job I just did. So now I'm sitting in some very comfortable H.T. seats instead of some crappy couch or whatever. Long term durability will remain to be seen, but I'm very hopeful on that too.
Rashman and VolkerH. like this.
audiophileguru is offline  
post #500 of 2143 Old 01-22-2016, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophileguru View Post
Took a leap of faith and ordered 4 of the Southamptons, 2 on the right side in a loveseat configuration. Was very concerned about buying without being able to try. This based on going to local showrooms and trying out many different models of Palliser and others. The different models had very different feels to them. The Vox in particular had lumbar support I really liked. Some of the really firm ones, where they channel your legs, was not comfortable to me. Would I get lucky enough that the model I picked from HT Market was a good fit? So I mentioned the Vox I liked and Alan recommended the Shampton and I went for it...

Seats showed up in a few days in my driveway on a pallet. Delivery company was good and called ahead as I asked. Took me about 90 mins. to take down to basement and place them right, doing this by myself. Having a helper person might be a better idea. At least one of the boxes had damage on the corner(s). The seats were all in perfect condition. The packaging (boxes) appears to be robust enough that it prevented any seat damage even with a little box damage.

The power cords are extra long, very smart. I had my contractor run a not-quite-to-code power cable under my carpet to the center of the chairs. Hooked up a simple power strip to this and plugged each chair into that. Shoved the power strip up into the empty space below one of the chairs. The assembly was super easy. The seats are very comfortable - firm but a little soft as advertised. My lumbar support fear is gone now. I can dial in the exact recline position I want. My wife and kids are extremely happy. The overall width of all 4 chairs is a great fit in my 16' wide room with some room on both sides for aisles.

Overall I'm highly impressed. The leather is nice, the chairs are sturdy, etc...I think the value is definitely there at $3K and Alan did a great job designing these. He and his team also directly answered a lot of questions I had. Saved me a boatload of money vs. buying Palliser. Actually, I might have never bought these kind of chairs without this pricing because $5K+ for Palliser just felt like too much money to me even with the expensive basement finish job I just did. So now I'm sitting in some very comfortable H.T. seats instead of some crappy couch or whatever. Long term durability will remain to be seen, but I'm very hopeful on that too.
Thanks for the review, I am glad you like the seats, it would be great if you posted up some photos so other guys can see them in your room.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #501 of 2143 Old 01-22-2016, 12:46 PM
Newbie
 
Uppsala9496's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alan,
FYI
Getting ready to place an order and when I went to create an account, the following error happened:
The website encountered an error while retrieving ://myaccount. htmarket.com/register.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Don't have enough posts to post the actual link so I omitted the http and added a space after myaccount.
Uppsala9496 is offline  
post #502 of 2143 Old 01-22-2016, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala9496 View Post
Alan,
FYI
Getting ready to place an order and when I went to create an account, the following error happened:
The website encountered an error while retrieving ://myaccount. htmarket.com/register.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Don't have enough posts to post the actual link so I omitted the http and added a space after myaccount.
It's working now, go ahead and create your account.


Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #503 of 2143 Old 01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kadath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 337
My seats are in Jonas limbo, it's killlling me! =)

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
Kadath is offline  
post #504 of 2143 Old 01-27-2016, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
My seats are in Jonas limbo, it's killlling me! =)
Yes, 2 feet a snow can do that.

Hang in, you'll have them soon enough.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #505 of 2143 Old 02-02-2016, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
My seats are in Jonas limbo, it's killlling me! =)
did white glove company schedule you yet for delivery?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #506 of 2143 Old 02-04-2016, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kadath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 337
My Devonshires are in! Just need my dad to drive down from NJ to help me build the riser for the second row now


HT Seating Devonshire by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
Kadath is offline  
post #507 of 2143 Old 02-08-2016, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
home theater seating HT design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
My Devonshires are in! Just need my dad to drive down from NJ to help me build the riser for the second row now


HT Seating Devonshire by Sam Posten III, on Flickr
It would be great if you repost the photos once you get the riser in, they look good now though without.

Thanks for your purchase.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Kadath likes this.
HTmarket is offline  
post #508 of 2143 Old 02-12-2016, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 114
HT Design Theater Seating Comparison and Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzz View Post
Mistakes corrected and Easthampton added. Really wish my room was ready to go as you've got a very nice sale going.
Thanks for putting the comparison sheet together, we finally got around to doing our own "official version", we added the accessories on the second page.

Click on link below:
HT Design Home Theater Seating Comparison Sheet with Accessories

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Last edited by HTmarket; 02-15-2016 at 07:00 AM.
HTmarket is offline  
post #509 of 2143 Old 02-17-2016, 05:06 PM
Member
 
vater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I stumbled upon HT Design recliners, and it has really made me reconsider my budget. Aside from the armrest/chair measurements, what are the main differences between the Paget and Easthampton recliners?

Do you have any sales going on at the moment?

See my thread:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-the...-seat-get.html
vater is offline  
post #510 of 2143 Old 02-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Member
 
quiong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Question about your movie theater-style seats (ie most of the ones on this page http://www.htmarket.com/home-theater...r-seating.html)
I may have to go with these instead of recliners for a back row due to space. Do these seats need to be bolted to the floor/riser? In your video the seat looks quite stable but its hard for me to see how these type of seats can stand on their own.
quiong is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off