HT Design Theater Seating - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 341Likes

post #541 of 2143 Old 02-27-2016, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusker2 View Post
Has anyone tried the HT Design Hamilton series? If so, what are your thoughts?
Below is something I posted yesterday in another thread that was directly asking about the Hamilton chairs. I have had 2 of these chairs for almost 3 months now.

I bought two of the Hamilton style seats recently back in December, and I am 6'7" and 225 lbs, so I too had size/height concerns. The chairs are excellent quality, and so far after two and half months of use they appear to be durable and built for the long haul. The leather used is high quality. I honestly did not expect it to be that nice. I prefer a firmer chair with good support for my lower back, and while the chairs did soften up some over the first month, I have not really noticed any change since then, and they are firm enough for me with good support. Most of my height is in my long legs, so I was more concerned with my legs and feet hanging off the end when reclined and not having adequate support there, but this has not been a problem with the Hamiltons. With many chairs that I did sit in at local stores it was a problem for me. Ideally I could probably use another 1-2 inches of extension on the footrest when reclined, but I am happy with them as is. At 6'7" I am just not going to have everything in a chair be 100% perfect for my body type.

I have not had any issues with neck/head support, but if this is a major concern for you then you may want to look at chairs with an adjustable headrest. I have two older "Chandler" style HT chairs that I had bought from Bob's Discount furniture 2-3 years ago that do have adjustable headrests and it is probably the best aspect of that chair. However, the overall quality and comfort of those chairs are not in the same league as the Hamiltons. In fact, at some point in the not too distant future I will probably replace them with two more Hamilton chairs. My wife and kids also love the Hamiltons. The biggest issue on movie nights in my house is that nobody wants to sit in the older chairs now. Everyone wants the Hamilton chairs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2143 Old 02-27-2016, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Smile Think of purchasing palliser turbocharger 3 seats home theater seats

Hi Guys,

Good Day.

Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Am planning of buying Palliser Turbocharger Home theater seating 3 seated straight row, with power recliner. Just wondering of any advice, and type of material 100% leather? or bonded? which can last longer and cleanable. Hoping to hear from you. Thanks
post #543 of 2143 Old 02-28-2016, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by matombo View Post
Hi Guys,

Good Day.

Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Am planning of buying Palliser Turbocharger Home theater seating 3 seated straight row, with power recliner. Just wondering of any advice, and type of material 100% leather? or bonded? which can last longer and cleanable. Hoping to hear from you. Thanks

Definitely get genuine leather, stay away from bonded leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #544 of 2143 Old 02-28-2016, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by matombo View Post
Hi Guys,

Good Day.

Real leather is best but you can go leather match and save money. Leather match is leather on all areas your body touches. Power recline is a no brainer as it allows multiple recline positions.

For more info contact us.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #545 of 2143 Old 02-29-2016, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I would look at the star rocker it's in stock, ships right away, it has flip up arms also, it comes with hardware to bolt to the floor. The demo we show is an old style we had on a floor plate but you would just bolt into the riser. The star rockers come in a few different colors and it's first on on that page. Email with config and qty and I'll quote you.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Are you referring to this?: http://www.htmarket.com/sthomothse.html
The website lists all dimensions for this chair except for depth. What is the depth with the seat down and seat up? Also, the site says recline depth of 5", does this mean 5" of clearance is needed behind the back, or something else. Thanks.
post #546 of 2143 Old 03-02-2016, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiong View Post
Are you referring to this?: http://www.htmarket.com/sthomothse.html
The website lists all dimensions for this chair except for depth. What is the depth with the seat down and seat up? Also, the site says recline depth of 5", does this mean 5" of clearance is needed behind the back, or something else. Thanks.
Yes that's the star rocker, 31.5 inches depth, with seat up 22.84 inches. Yes it's 5 inches for the rocker mechanism, it really does not recline but rocks is a better way of putting it.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Last edited by HTmarket; 03-02-2016 at 11:23 AM.
post #547 of 2143 Old 03-04-2016, 05:46 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Paget with real leather

I have spacing issues and a row of 4 pagets fit perfectly. However, it would be great to get real leather vs. bonded. Any chance that they will be offered that way in the future?
post #548 of 2143 Old 03-04-2016, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Granados View Post
I have spacing issues and a row of 4 pagets fit perfectly. However, it would be great to get real leather vs. bonded. Any chance that they will be offered that way in the future?
Maybe but not yet, right now we offer somerset in real leather and it's a spacesaver also. Perhaps you could fit somerset in with row of 4 loveseat, contact us with your dims and we can work with you on best configuration. We can also special order pagets in leather, it's about 90 day wait.

Thanks,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #549 of 2143 Old 03-04-2016, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just got confirmation from the wife that my our four Southamptons have been delivered and are sitting in the garage waiting for me. Hard not to blow off the rest of the work day and get home to set them up! Can't wait to see them and try them out, maybe with a family movie night tonight. I'll try to get some photos of them and share as soon as I can.
HTmarket likes this.

Last edited by Rashman; 03-04-2016 at 09:23 AM.
post #550 of 2143 Old 03-04-2016, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashman View Post
Just got confirmation from the wife that my our four Southamptons have been delivered and are sitting in the garage waiting for me. Hard not to blow off the rest of the work day and get home to set them up! Can't wait to see them and try them out, maybe with a family movie night tonight. I'll try to get some photos of them and share as soon as I can.
Great news, love to see them up here.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #551 of 2143 Old 03-04-2016, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Alan, just wanted to say, I got the 6 EastHamptons and they are so comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HTmarket likes this.

65" Sony A9F
post #552 of 2143 Old 03-04-2016, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSFA View Post
Alan, just wanted to say, I got the 6 EastHamptons and they are so comfortable

I am glad you like them, post some photos when you have time.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #553 of 2143 Old 03-04-2016, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
I am glad you like them, post some photos when you have time.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

bchboy1206 likes this.

65" Sony A9F
post #554 of 2143 Old 03-05-2016, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSFA View Post

Your home theater room looks fantastic. Easthampton seats fit perfectly in the space.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #555 of 2143 Old 03-05-2016, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Your seats look great. Do you guys actually mail the chairs in standard size packages, so that would take the cost of delivery down? Also do you guys deliver internationally? For example, London or Japan? Thanks.

Theater Room Oppo BDP-105DJPL, Sony VPL-520SE, SMX 120" 2.37:1 screen, ISCO ANAMORPHIC LENS
(Just in as of 29th June 2016) XTZ 3x12 SubX2, M6X3, S5 X4, S2X4, MX-160, Byston 9BSST THX, Bryston 9BS, Only changed speakers and added an Amp, else the same as above
(Coming soon) Steinway and Lyndoff 2xS-15, 3xIW-26V, 2xModel LS
post #556 of 2143 Old 03-05-2016, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_bj View Post
Your seats look great. Do you guys actually mail the chairs in standard size packages, so that would take the cost of delivery down? Also do you guys deliver internationally? For example, London or Japan? Thanks.
We can't mail chairs like small packages, the seats are packed in large boxes that go by freight and weigh about 100lbs each and measure about 4 feet tall by 3 feet wide and 3 feet deep, so it's a large box we ship, so we only ship USA and Canada on a ground basis, no air shipments. If you want you could check into a USA Freight forwarder to help you but it would be very high cost to ship to London or Japan. Contact us at our web site for more information.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #557 of 2143 Old 03-07-2016, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
Below is something I posted yesterday in another thread that was directly asking about the Hamilton chairs. I have had 2 of these chairs for almost 3 months now.

I bought two of the Hamilton style seats recently back in December, and I am 6'7" and 225 lbs, so I too had size/height concerns. The chairs are excellent quality, and so far after two and half months of use they appear to be durable and built for the long haul. The leather used is high quality. I honestly did not expect it to be that nice. I prefer a firmer chair with good support for my lower back, and while the chairs did soften up some over the first month, I have not really noticed any change since then, and they are firm enough for me with good support. Most of my height is in my long legs, so I was more concerned with my legs and feet hanging off the end when reclined and not having adequate support there, but this has not been a problem with the Hamiltons. With many chairs that I did sit in at local stores it was a problem for me. Ideally I could probably use another 1-2 inches of extension on the footrest when reclined, but I am happy with them as is. At 6'7" I am just not going to have everything in a chair be 100% perfect for my body type.

I have not had any issues with neck/head support, but if this is a major concern for you then you may want to look at chairs with an adjustable headrest. I have two older "Chandler" style HT chairs that I had bought from Bob's Discount furniture 2-3 years ago that do have adjustable headrests and it is probably the best aspect of that chair. However, the overall quality and comfort of those chairs are not in the same league as the Hamiltons. In fact, at some point in the not too distant future I will probably replace them with two more Hamilton chairs. My wife and kids also love the Hamiltons. The biggest issue on movie nights in my house is that nobody wants to sit in the older chairs now. Everyone wants the Hamilton chairs!
Thanks for the post on the Hamilton's, when you get a chance I would love to see some photos.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #558 of 2143 Old 03-07-2016, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Awesome thanks man. I mean I asked that because I want to install them in my HT, but another reason is to give you a business idea. I was actually just in southern Cali visiting my friends office chair and sofa business. My friend told me they save 70% in shipping costs just by designing a chair that can be put together easily but the pieces have to also fit into small standardized boxes that the UPS and FedExs of the world uses. Just a comment nothing more. Again very good looking products.

Regards,
Stephen

Theater Room Oppo BDP-105DJPL, Sony VPL-520SE, SMX 120" 2.37:1 screen, ISCO ANAMORPHIC LENS
(Just in as of 29th June 2016) XTZ 3x12 SubX2, M6X3, S5 X4, S2X4, MX-160, Byston 9BSST THX, Bryston 9BS, Only changed speakers and added an Amp, else the same as above
(Coming soon) Steinway and Lyndoff 2xS-15, 3xIW-26V, 2xModel LS
post #559 of 2143 Old 03-08-2016, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Awesome thanks man. I mean I asked that because I want to install them in my HT, but another reason is to give you a business idea. I was actually just in southern Cali visiting my friends office chair and sofa business. My friend told me they save 70% in shipping costs just by designing a chair that can be put together easily but the pieces have to also fit into small standardized boxes that the UPS and FedExs of the world uses. Just a comment nothing more. Again very good looking products.

Regards,
Stephen
It's been tried, as way of background I have been selling theater seating since year 2000 when I started HTmarket.com (our site up before google believe it or not), we were the first to sell theater seating online the bass line. In 2003 we became a palliser dealer and from about 2004 to about 2010 Palliser had a knock down theater seating product called "home theater in a box" and it was able to ship ups and fedex. The downside though was the stability and quality of the furniture was questionable at best and they went away from that concept to shipping assembled with bottom and back as a 2 piece assembly as we do with HT design. It could be done again but quality would not be as good as the 2 piece assembly in box. Interesting enough, during the time we sold that product it did not increase international business at all. The other interesting thing is that shipping cost was very similar ground to our current freight shipping costs, and it put the burden of assembling chairs on the customer. So in theory it sounds good, but in practicality it's not as good.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #560 of 2143 Old 03-09-2016, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Google.com went live sept 15 of '97 =p

https://www.google.com/about/company/history/

Some of us have looooong memories of the early net =p

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
post #561 of 2143 Old 03-09-2016, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
Google.com went live sept 15 of '97 =p

https://www.google.com/about/company/history/

Some of us have looooong memories of the early net =p
I stand corrected. I never saw there web site until after I started HTmarket.com as our search referrals were coming from alta vista, yahoo, excite. I was talking more about when the actual search service went live which I was wrong on. I guess it was up there but none of my search referrals came from google back in the early days, must of been beta or top secret or did not catch on till early 2000's.

Not sure when I first started noticing them bring us traffic, I would have to check my stats.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Kadath likes this.

Last edited by HTmarket; 03-09-2016 at 09:38 AM.
post #562 of 2143 Old 03-09-2016, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Look what arrived yesterday! Shipping was so fast that they arrived before I even got a tracking number! They were packaged well, a breeze to put together, and VERY comfy. Love these seats and I'm glad I went with power recliners. I also really like that each seat includes a tray table and storage. The LED lighting and touch sensitive buttons are nifty. Thanks to Alan for the great customer service. I'm very happy with my purchase and will be buying another set in a few months.

Easthampton:

Question...the back seems like it's firmly in place, but it's not supposed to snap in is it? I think it's safe to say I installed it correctly being that it hasn't fallen off after reclining the chair multiple times

Last edited by vater; 03-09-2016 at 10:07 AM.
post #563 of 2143 Old 03-10-2016, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What is the difference in leather between top grain leather and something like All Leather 4000 or All Leather 7000?
post #564 of 2143 Old 03-10-2016, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vater View Post
Look what arrived yesterday! Shipping was so fast that they arrived before I even got a tracking number! They were packaged well, a breeze to put together, and VERY comfy. Love these seats and I'm glad I went with power recliners. I also really like that each seat includes a tray table and storage. The LED lighting and touch sensitive buttons are nifty. Thanks to Alan for the great customer service. I'm very happy with my purchase and will be buying another set in a few months.

Easthampton:

Question...the back seems like it's firmly in place, but it's not supposed to snap in is it? I think it's safe to say I installed it correctly being that it hasn't fallen off after reclining the chair multiple times
Thanks for posting. If you slid the backs on firmly that should of worked fine, you won't necessarily here any click when you put in, seats look good. Call us in a few months.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

PS: on the tray tables you can peel off the protective plastic overlay
vater likes this.

Last edited by HTmarket; 03-10-2016 at 07:30 AM.
post #565 of 2143 Old 03-10-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToGo1 View Post
What is the difference in leather between top grain leather and something like All Leather 4000 or All Leather 7000?
there is no standard for labeling or naming leather, so I can't really comment unless I know who the mfg of the leather is, the best way to compare leathers is to get samples from mfg. Top grain leather is the best part of the hide, all leather is does not describe a kind of leather just that the product is made of all leather might not be top grain but could be a split. There is lots of informaiton on the web on leather in general, but the best way to choose theater seats is to get samples. We have many seats in top grain leather and they are labelled as such.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #566 of 2143 Old 03-10-2016, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
there is no standard for labeling or naming leather, so I can't really comment unless I know who the mfg of the leather is, the best way to compare leathers is to get samples from mfg. Top grain leather is the best part of the hide, all leather is does not describe a kind of leather just that the product is made of all leather might not be top grain but could be a split. There is lots of informaiton on the web on leather in general, but the best way to choose theater seats is to get samples. We have many seats in top grain leather and they are labelled as such.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Do you know, for instance, what the difference is between your top grain leather and Octane's as they state it's very high quality but I've read from several people who said they were a little disappointed in the smoothness of their leather. Is your's similar to Palliser, for example?
post #567 of 2143 Old 03-10-2016, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkarlsson View Post
Do you know, for instance, what the difference is between your top grain leather and Octane's as they state it's very high quality but I've read from several people who said they were a little disappointed in the smoothness of their leather. Is your's similar to Palliser, for example?
I don't know there leather but ours is real smooth it's like Palliser grade 2000 classic, we chose a real good top grain leather, people comment on that the most. Email our web address and we can send samples free. You should get samples if you have time, if no time I can tell you our leather is real soft and smooth.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #568 of 2143 Old 03-10-2016, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Great looking chairs, no doubt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #569 of 2143 Old 03-11-2016, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyphoto1 View Post
Great looking chairs, no doubt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the kind words.

Best Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #570 of 2143 Old 03-16-2016, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Got my new Southamptons in. Everything I expected. Chairs are awesome, great customer service and fast shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1679.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	1319489  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version