HT Design Theater Seating - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 338Likes

post #571 of 2141 Old 03-17-2016, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzerAlto View Post
Got my new Southamptons in. Everything I expected. Chairs are awesome, great customer service and fast shipping.
Thanks for the feedback, your seats look real good.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 2141 Old 03-18-2016, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Got my new Southamptons in. Everything I expected. Chairs are awesome, great customer service and fast shipping.
Very nice. What paint color is that on your walls?
post #573 of 2141 Old 03-21-2016, 07:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vater View Post
You might try and PM the OP on paint color.

Regards
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #574 of 2141 Old 03-21-2016, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
You might try and PM the OP on paint color.

Regards
Alan
I'm still looking for the color name in my records.
post #575 of 2141 Old 03-21-2016, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
SouthHampton 1 year later

First off I would like to thank everyone on this forum. I cannot tell you how often I'm learning something new on here. Over the last 2 years the home theater and really the whole basement is beginning to come together. I currently have most of the house connected to an 8x8 hdmi matrix (HDTVSupply) switch with inputs from XBox 360, XBMC (Kodi), and 3 DirecTV boxes. For the outputs I have 120 inch projection screen (remnant from Carl's on ebay) in the theater (Optoma TW631-3D), 3 42 inch TVs around the bar, there is also a 20 inch TV in the bathroom so you don't have to miss part of the game. There is also an hdmi cable running up to the main TV in the family room. I utilize an hdmi over Cat6 that I can move from the master bedroom to any other room as needed. One other output goes to an hdmi to RCA converter which then goes to a ChannelVision RF modulator so that any input can be sent to the older TVs in the house (2 of them are in the garage). The theater room is filled with sound from a Denon S900. Every piece has been researched and decisions made on cost vs benefit. I didn't go top of the line for anything but have every built out the way I want it so that I can slowly update 1 piece at a time. Again, ever piece of this has had me searching AVSForum at some point.

This leads me to my post today, as I was getting some warranty work done on my theater chairs I realized I have not returned the favor for the next person looking for good seating. Early last year we got 2 rows of the HTdesign SouthHampton chairs. I know Alan is around this forum and between him and the other folks on here we could not be happier with our choice of seating. Below is the review I left on HTdesign's web site. Along with some pictures of the theater.

Oh, forgot to mention the riser was researched here too!

------Review------
Product: HT Design Southampton Home Theater Seating Top Grain Leather

Rating: 5

Review Title: LOVE these seats

Review: We, like everyone else looking to spend nearly $10k on furniture, did a ton of research. We live near one of the largest furniture stores in the country and still decided to go with these seats. We have two rows setup with single seats at the end and a love seat in the middle. This allows cuddle time in the middle or we can put the removable divider in to keep the boys separated. We have had these seats just over a year and I'm finally getting around to reviewing them now that we have some real time in them. We have had a few small issues with LED lights but HTMarket has been great to work with on getting these resolved. The LEDs aren't the main reason we bought them anyway. The leather is great quality, I'm not a leather guy but the wife demanded so... at the end of the day I do like them. Or dog has even sat on these without a blanket underneath and I see no signs of scratches (I usually demand a blanket under the hound). Having powered seats is great for finding that perfect recline which you cannot do with manual recliners. If you are thinking about these seats stop thinking and buy them.

Pros: Comfort Good quality leather and construction in general big cup holders trays work well

Cons: wish the plugs were right angle (not a huge deal) heavy (not really a con as they are well built, just don't move them!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160321_120912.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	1328609   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160321_120037.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	1328617   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160321_120019.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	1328625   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160321_120011.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	1328633  
post #576 of 2141 Old 03-22-2016, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Thomsen View Post

This leads me to my post today, as I was getting some warranty work done on my theater chairs I realized I have not returned the favor for the next person looking for good seating. Early last year we got 2 rows of the HTdesign SouthHampton chairs. I know Alan is around this forum and between him and the other folks on here we could not be happier with our choice of seating. Below is the review I left on HTdesign's web site. Along with some pictures of the theater.

Oh, forgot to mention the riser was researched here too!

------Review------
Product: HT Design Southampton Home Theater Seating Top Grain Leather

Rating: 5

Review Title: LOVE these seats

Review: We, like everyone else looking to spend nearly $10k on furniture, did a ton of research. We live near one of the largest furniture stores in the country and still decided to go with these seats. We have two rows setup with single seats at the end and a love seat in the middle. This allows cuddle time in the middle or we can put the removable divider in to keep the boys separated. We have had these seats just over a year and I'm finally getting around to reviewing them now that we have some real time in them. We have had a few small issues with LED lights but HTMarket has been great to work with on getting these resolved. The LEDs aren't the main reason we bought them anyway. The leather is great quality, I'm not a leather guy but the wife demanded so... at the end of the day I do like them. Or dog has even sat on these without a blanket underneath and I see no signs of scratches (I usually demand a blanket under the hound). Having powered seats is great for finding that perfect recline which you cannot do with manual recliners. If you are thinking about these seats stop thinking and buy them.

Pros: Comfort Good quality leather and construction in general big cup holders trays work well

Cons: wish the plugs were right angle (not a huge deal) heavy (not really a con as they are well built, just don't move them!)
Thanks, the seats look real good in your room.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #577 of 2141 Old 03-23-2016, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vater View Post
Quote:
Looks like it was Quiver Tan SW6151
vater likes this.
post #578 of 2141 Old 03-24-2016, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm needing some help finding a ht seat for the theater room. There are so many options output there and without being able to sit in them it makes this buying process a bit more difficult. With that said I do have a list of wants I'm hoping can help narrow the selection down a bit. I'm not sure if all of these will be available in a seat, but they are listed in order of preference.

1) Black leather - I get hot easily and most fabrics become uncomfortable after a while so it seems leather must be the number one priority. Black just fits the room decor.
2) Extra soft/plush cushions - this might be a bit difficult. I have sat in quite a few local media sofas/seats and probably 90% are way too firm. I understand these will break down a bit and become softer over time, but we only use our theater room a few nights each month. At that rate they probably won't break-in for quite a long time so they must be soft to begin with. Quite honestly I can't remember a time when I sat in any seat that I thought was too soft so the softer the better.
3) Power - Power recline along with power headrests would be a huge plus.

Does anyone have some htmarket recommendations based on these criteria?

Last edited by NateTTU; 03-24-2016 at 09:01 PM.
post #579 of 2141 Old 03-25-2016, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTTU View Post
I'm needing some help finding a ht seat for the theater room. There are so many options output there and without being able to sit in them it makes this buying process a bit more difficult. With that said I do have a list of wants I'm hoping can help narrow the selection down a bit. I'm not sure if all of these will be available in a seat, but they are listed in order of preference.

1) Black leather - I get hot easily and most fabrics become uncomfortable after a while so it seems leather must be the number one priority. Black just fits the room decor.
2) Extra soft/plush cushions - this might be a bit difficult. I have sat in quite a few local media sofas/seats and probably 90% are way too firm. I understand these will break down a bit and become softer over time, but we only use our theater room a few nights each month. At that rate they probably won't break-in for quite a long time so they must be soft to begin with. Quite honestly I can't remember a time when I sat in any seat that I thought was too soft so the softer the better.
3) Power - Power recline along with power headrests would be a huge plus.

Does anyone have some htmarket recommendations based on these criteria?
I would say that our softest seat is the southampton and it has the black leather, power recline features, we don't have the power headrest. You might also look at somerset. That has a manual adjustable headrest, black leather and power recline. As far as soft goes that is subjective, but most reclining furniture is not really going to be soft as a pillow. We use pocketed seat coils so it last longer and won't cave in or wear uneven.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

PS: If in chicagoland area, you could call for appointment to sit in seats.
post #580 of 2141 Old 03-25-2016, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Unfortunately I'm not close to Chicago, but thanks for the suggestions I'll look into those? BTW, went to a few more local stores today and got the chance to sit in quite a few different a types. I did find out that the Palliser Equalizer was pretty comfortable, but still no power headrests. How do you think the Southampton compares with this one?
post #581 of 2141 Old 03-26-2016, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTTU View Post
Unfortunately I'm not close to Chicago, but thanks for the suggestions I'll look into those? BTW, went to a few more local stores today and got the chance to sit in quite a few different a types. I did find out that the Palliser Equalizer was pretty comfortable, but still no power headrests. How do you think the Southampton compares with this one?
I would say that southampton would be slightly less firm than any Palliser seat, palliser runs a bit firmer on all styles than southampton, we have palliser lemans and media in our showroom.

We do have head pillows that can help with head postion, it's a lower tech way of doing an adjustable head rest.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Last edited by HTmarket; 03-26-2016 at 08:01 AM.
post #582 of 2141 Old 03-26-2016, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

This will probably be a long shot, but anyone out there in the Dallas area have some of these Southampton seats?
post #583 of 2141 Old 03-30-2016, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Question for Allen, Cash is tight right now and I want top grain leather, so if I ordered a Southampton 2 seat curved row today, can I order/add a seat to turn it into a 3 seat curved row later down the road?

Thanks
Jim

Last edited by bchboy1206; 03-30-2016 at 10:50 AM. Reason: added model
post #584 of 2141 Old 03-30-2016, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchboy1206 View Post
Question for Allen, Cash is tight right now and I want top grain leather, so if I ordered a Southampton 2 seat curved row today, can I order/add a seat to turn it into a 3 seat curved row later down the road?

Thanks
Jim
Yes that will work fine, we can add the correct seat later to make it 3 seater.

Thanks,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #585 of 2141 Old 03-30-2016, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Yes that will work fine, we can add the correct seat later to make it 3 seater.

Thanks,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
The 10% off is hard to let pass and it is my first home theater so I ordered the 3 seat Easthampton manual set. I am sure I wont be disappointed.
Now the anticipation begins!!!

Thanks
Jim
post #586 of 2141 Old 04-01-2016, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchboy1206 View Post
The 10% off is hard to let pass and it is my first home theater so I ordered the 3 seat Easthampton manual set. I am sure I wont be disappointed.
Now the anticipation begins!!!

Thanks
Jim
Thanks for the order.

It already shipped out.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
bchboy1206 likes this.
post #587 of 2141 Old 04-01-2016, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked: 455
How narrow is too narrow for aisles in a HT? Should I go with Pagets and take the xtra aisle width or push it a little bit with East Hamptons?

Can someone summarize for me? Main differences between the two other than dimensions?

I am going to be buying 2 rows of three (would like to make them all singles)...

Appreciate any help!

Last edited by ddigler; 04-01-2016 at 08:18 PM.
post #588 of 2141 Old 04-04-2016, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddigler View Post
How narrow is too narrow for aisles in a HT? Should I go with Pagets and take the xtra aisle width or push it a little bit with East Hamptons?

Can someone summarize for me? Main differences between the two other than dimensions?

I am going to be buying 2 rows of three (would like to make them all singles)...

Appreciate any help!
I would say you could do 24 inch aisles if need be for HT. How much space do you have?

Paget and easthamptons are similar but easthampton is wider seat and it has higher back. We usually don't do orders of all singles as we don't inventory our seats with all singles, we inventory 1 single with 2 1 arm chairs. If you concerned about space I would not even think about doing single chairs. Email us for a quote.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #589 of 2141 Old 04-04-2016, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 50
HTMarket, i'm going to be picking up some of the southamptons or hamiltons in a few months, but in the meantime I'm finishing up my basement build. I"m about to order some LED strip lighting and want it to match the LED color of the chairs. Do you have the color code # for your base lights or can you name a brand/color that matches yours (or is the same make)?

thanks!
post #590 of 2141 Old 04-04-2016, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itallushrt View Post
HTMarket, i'm going to be picking up some of the southamptons or hamiltons in a few months, but in the meantime I'm finishing up my basement build. I"m about to order some LED strip lighting and want it to match the LED color of the chairs. Do you have the color code # for your base lights or can you name a brand/color that matches yours (or is the same make)?

thanks!
I don't think we have a color code but I'll ask to find out, it's made by raffel up in wisconsin, I'll ask them.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #591 of 2141 Old 04-04-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I don't think we have a color code but I'll ask to find out, it's made by raffel up in wisconsin, I'll ask them.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Thank you sir.
post #592 of 2141 Old 04-04-2016, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Is there a 10% off coupon? I don't see it on the website.
post #593 of 2141 Old 04-04-2016, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot666 View Post
Is there a 10% off coupon? I don't see it on the website.
I'll send you a pm. You might need to just reload the page so the images reload to see new images or banners.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Patriot666 likes this.
post #594 of 2141 Old 04-05-2016, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I need a bit of decorating advice. Which color South Hampton (black or brown) would look best with my paint color scheme? My walls are dark espresso brown with cream trim.

J Macker likes this.
post #595 of 2141 Old 04-05-2016, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itallushrt View Post
Thank you sir.
I checked, sorry no color code, it's a blue color as shown on web site.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #596 of 2141 Old 04-05-2016, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I need a bit of decorating advice. Which color South Hampton (black or brown) would look best with my paint color scheme? My walls are dark espresso brown with cream trim.

I think the brown looks best for your room.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
John Robinson likes this.
post #597 of 2141 Old 04-06-2016, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I think I've decide on HT Design for my theater space. What I haven't decided was the style. I really like the Southhamptons(and recently called Karen for a quote on 5), but I'm thinking now that I might go with the Somerset and save the extra isle space. I actually like a seat that is not that deep when sitting in it. I’m only 5’8”. I also prefer a seat that is a little “stiffer”. I feel that furniture that is too soft tends to wear out too quickly. Does anybody have any input with this.
HTmarket likes this.
post #598 of 2141 Old 04-06-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I checked, sorry no color code, it's a blue color as shown on web site.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Thank you for asking Alan. Much appreciated.
post #599 of 2141 Old 04-06-2016, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Another question. Is the Paget available in Leather?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #600 of 2141 Old 04-07-2016, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maseline_98 View Post
I think I've decide on HT Design for my theater space. What I haven't decided was the style. I really like the Southhamptons(and recently called Karen for a quote on 5), but I'm thinking now that I might go with the Somerset and save the extra isle space. I actually like a seat that is not that deep when sitting in it. I’m only 5’8”. I also prefer a seat that is a little “stiffer”. I feel that furniture that is too soft tends to wear out too quickly. Does anybody have any input with this.
I like your somerset choice over shampton for you as it fits people under 6 feet tall very well, it also has the adjustable manual headrest. The reason I know is I am 5 feet 8 inches and it fits me perfectly.

The somerset still has a nice seat but you save space with arm design and you will have more aisle space. All our seats are medium firm, not like a rock and not like a pillow somewhere in between, we use pocketed seat coils that will make the seat last and it will make it wear evenly.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
maseline97 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page