HT Design Theater Seating - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 433Likes

post #91 of 2426 Old 01-25-2015, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 887
Here are those pictures. Unfortunately I really did not have enough space to do two row/riser without causing serious issues for the back row or the front row.

The power cord for my laptop is actually coming through the armrest space since I stuck a powerstrip in there. The look is very clean and I do think the seats are pretty comfortable.

My new Avantgarde Trio's are rockin' the room along with 17 other channels of surround.

I just ordered a set of 5 Aura bass shakers and I am selling my Clark Synthesis bass shakers on ebay (there is no way to mount them correctly in these seats). The Aura bass shakers are MUCH less expensive (a tenth of the price) so we will see if the reviews hold true. I like the shakers to be very subtle and therefore I was not really driving the Clark's hard anyway. I am hoping the Auro units do the trick and they will work with a single amp channel.

The money I saved on these seats will help get me to my goal of a world class Dolby Atmos / DTS X processor that I have been waiting patiently the last 4 years to finally be produced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3404.JPG
Views:	826
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	502689   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3403.JPG
Views:	803
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	502697   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3408.JPG
Views:	691
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	502705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3405.JPG
Views:	803
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	502713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3406.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	502721  

Name:	IMG_3407.JPG
Views:	666
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	502729  

Blazar!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2426 Old 01-25-2015, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post
Here are those pictures. Unfortunately I really did not have enough space to do two row/riser without causing serious issues for the back row or the front row.

The power cord for my laptop is actually coming through the armrest space since I stuck a powerstrip in there. The look is very clean and I do think the seats are pretty comfortable.

My new Avantgarde Trio's are rockin' the room along with 17 other channels of surround.

I just ordered a set of 5 Aura bass shakers and I am selling my Clark Synthesis bass shakers on ebay (there is no way to mount them correctly in these seats). The Aura bass shakers are MUCH less expensive (a tenth of the price) so we will see if the reviews hold true. I like the shakers to be very subtle and therefore I was not really driving the Clark's hard anyway. I am hoping the Auro units do the trick and they will work with a single amp channel.

The money I saved on these seats will help get me to my goal of a world class Dolby Atmos / DTS X processor that I have been waiting patiently the last 4 years to finally be produced.
Those head rests look slanted? That is an awesome room by the way.. love those speakers..
post #93 of 2426 Old 01-26-2015, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Cool photos

Great photos. Headrest may appear on slant a bit but it's the padding that throws off the site lines as well camera angles can do that also. I would also check to make sure seat backs are all the way down in mech.

What are those speakers by the way?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 2426 Old 01-26-2015, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieSpeed View Post
Ah okay, just saw this. I would have ordered Monday too I'm only 450 miles away, but I just ordered the Grand set from Costco
Both our loss . You could cancel with them and order with us, good thing about us is you can add on seats in future whereas as cosco is one time usually on one style and they don't restock it.
I am sure the seats ok though.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #95 of 2426 Old 01-26-2015, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
Great photos. Headrest may appear on slant a bit but it's the padding that throws off the site lines as well camera angles can do that also. I would also check to make sure seat backs are all the way down in mech.

What are those speakers by the way?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Yes the headrest just looks slanted but is fine at other angles. I was still in the process of adjusting the seats to their final position as well.

Those are avantgarde acoustic trio omega speakers in the pictures
post #96 of 2426 Old 01-28-2015, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I wish the South Hampton was made with manual recline.
post #97 of 2426 Old 01-29-2015, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

check out paget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
I wish the South Hampton was made with manual recline.
we have another seat called Paget that comes in manual it's like southampton but in a narrower footprint, smaller arms, fit 4 in a row 119.25", row of 3 91.25". You could check that out or find a way to get power in the area of your chairs with power strip.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ht-design-paget-theater-seating-manual-recline-black-9.gif.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	509794  
post #98 of 2426 Old 01-29-2015, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
we have another seat called Paget that comes in manual it's like southampton but in a narrower footprint, smaller arms, fit 4 in a row 119.25", row of 3 91.25". You could check that out or find a way to get power in the area of your chairs with power strip.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
This is what I'm looking for:

Top grain leather
Row of 3 100" max
Manual recline
Storage
Cup holders
Trays
post #99 of 2426 Old 01-29-2015, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Paget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
This is what I'm looking for:

Top grain leather
Row of 3 100" max
Manual recline
Storage
Cup holders
Trays
Paget is bonded leather, however it's high quality bonded, it has storage and trays and nice stainless cups. it comes with base lights you can choose to plug in or not. contact me at my site email for more information and pricing. it's in stock.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #100 of 2426 Old 02-01-2015, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
It sounds like overall everyone is happy with these chairs? I'm a little nervous purchasing them as a friend of mine has them and the blue light is very bright and non dimmable. What are your thoughts on this?

Also, how has customer service been? I've read online reseller ratings and it seems there has been a lot of poor customer service in the past. Yes, I realize mostly disgruntled people post reviews, but I also own a business and there definitely can be validity in reviews. Plus, I've reqd the responses in this thread to complaints about the chair.

I'll probably purchase a set, but I could by a nice couch for 4k, so I just want to make sure they are a good company to deal with and that others are truly happy with their purchase.
post #101 of 2426 Old 02-01-2015, 09:01 AM

Sorry for grammatical and spelling errors. I'm posting from my iPhone and autocorrect and posting from the iPhone makes my posts come off this way . I know, excuses.
post #102 of 2426 Old 02-02-2015, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

htdesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbandtimmy View Post
It sounds like overall everyone is happy with these chairs? I'm a little nervous purchasing them as a friend of mine has them and the blue light is very bright and non dimmable. What are your thoughts on this?

Also, how has customer service been? I've read online reseller ratings and it seems there has been a lot of poor customer service in the past. Yes, I realize mostly disgruntled people post reviews, but I also own a business and there definitely can be validity in reviews. Plus, I've reqd the responses in this thread to complaints about the chair.

I'll probably purchase a set, but I could by a nice couch for 4k, so I just want to make sure they are a good company to deal with and that others are truly happy with their purchase.
I'll let others chime in but the lights can be turned off, the only part that stays lit is the control functions which is not bright.

Htmarket does not participate with reseller rating site, so there only a few reviews up there and not verified, I caught my competitors posting reviews on us to try to damage us in past. We have very happy customers and have been in biz 14 years, good reviews on avsforum and yahoo and A rating on bbb. again we don't participate with reseller ratings site to collect reviews so it's anybody guess who's posting this stuff, most I see we can't even find any orders with us.
we do over 2000 orders per year and we get like 2 ratings from them per year. I don't even check it anymore.

read this thread and others and you'll find we are responsive.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #103 of 2426 Old 02-02-2015, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

The floor LEd lights can be unplugged.

The cupholder lights are definitely too bright in a darkened room.

I ordered some black vinyl stickers to cover the lights since they don't turn off on their own.

I would suggest the newer products from the cup holder manufacturer as far as lighting is concerned. The buttons are way too sensitive also and too easy to push inadvertently.

These quirks arent deal breakers imo. Still decent seats.

I did get aura bass shakers to fit in these on the back/bottom wood board. These need to be designed to specifically have stronger wood on that baseboard so that there is less risk when screwing the bass shakers in.
post #104 of 2426 Old 02-03-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post
The floor LEd lights can be unplugged.

The cupholder lights are definitely too bright in a darkened room.

I ordered some black vinyl stickers to cover the lights since they don't turn off on their own.

I would suggest the newer products from the cup holder manufacturer as far as lighting is concerned. The buttons are way too sensitive also and too easy to push inadvertently.

These quirks arent deal breakers imo. Still decent seats.

I did get aura bass shakers to fit in these on the back/bottom wood board. These need to be designed to specifically have stronger wood on that baseboard so that there is less risk when screwing the bass shakers in.
Thanks brother, that helps a lot. I'm going back and forth on these.
post #105 of 2426 Old 02-03-2015, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

contact

Quote:
Thanks brother, that helps a lot. I'm going back and forth on these.
Contact me offline and I can send you some customer references if you need them. we sold over 350 seats, we have good customer references on our product and service.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #106 of 2426 Old 02-04-2015, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
To add to the good customer references on their products, here is a theater room that I made out of my game room. The seats are absolutely amazing and a great overall experience with the purchase and assistance by Alan and his team. Couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction and better seats. Just in time for the UFC fight and Super Bowl and friends couldn't stop talking about the comfort and look of the seats. Room is still in some flooring construction, but overall these seats changed this room completely.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TR3.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	525569   Click image for larger version

Name:	TR2.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	525577   Click image for larger version

Name:	TR1.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	525585  
post #107 of 2426 Old 02-04-2015, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looks good

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbertsch47 View Post
To add to the good customer references on their products, here is a theater room that I made out of my game room. The seats are absolutely amazing and a great overall experience with the purchase and assistance by Alan and his team. Couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction and better seats. Just in time for the UFC fight and Super Bowl and friends couldn't stop talking about the comfort and look of the seats. Room is still in some flooring construction, but overall these seats changed this room completely.
The photos look good. I like the room you have really nicely done. The couch configuration works well for the 1 row of seats.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #108 of 2426 Old 02-05-2015, 04:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 83
A few pictures of my HT Southamptons

I am now finished with my basement remodel. I started with bare cement walls back in June. I chose a media room combined with my home theater. My HT Southamptons are working out great and everyone is enjoying them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1000781_DxO.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	537105   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000784_DxO.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	537113   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000785_DxO.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	537121  

Pioneer UDP-LX500 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Emotiva A-300 2ch amp | Emotiva PA-1 monoblock | JVC DLA-RS1000 Projector | Mini DSP 4x2 | Dune HD Smart D1 | ZIDOO Z9S | Buttkicker system | HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs(2) | HSU MBM-12 MK2 Mid bass module | Klipsch RP-8000F(2) | Klipsch RP-504C | Klipsch RS-62 II(2) | Polk RC80i Ceiling(4) | Carada 134” screen | unRAID 40TB

Last edited by Tom899; 02-10-2015 at 03:15 AM.
post #109 of 2426 Old 02-05-2015, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbertsch47 View Post
Nice room - really like your stone columns, the seating looks great in the room. What material did you use for the columns?
post #110 of 2426 Old 02-05-2015, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I went with stack stone that a guy here near me in Houston had in stock. With the size of the room, I didn't want the columns to stick out of the wall too far so we actually went ahead and just ran the stack stone right against the wall and ran the lines for the lights up the dry wall. It gave it about a 2.5" depth out from the wall which worked perfect to not stick out too far.
post #111 of 2426 Old 02-05-2015, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

OK winterparkproducts on Etsy.com has 1/2" vinyl circle stickers that look really good when applied to the LED lit buttons on the cupholder of the Southampton seats. The cost me about $2 with free shipping.

This solved my problem of the lights which are simply too bright for my taste. I like my room to be pitch black.

These incidentally reduced the extreme sensitivity of the capacitive touch sensors in the cupholder as well. It is definitely more difficult to accidentally press the buttons now.

Having these pre-printed somehow with the seat position icons would be nice...

Blazar!
post #112 of 2426 Old 02-05-2015, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Another cupholder MOD:

Spray paint the outside of the acrylic cupholder using paint that is meant for plastic (no need for primer). You can use a copper color or black for example. If you mask side of the cupholder and only do the base, you can get just the right amount of lighting for the cupholder. Don't paint the inside of the cupholder otherwise scratches will be visible.

On the other hand you could paint the whole inside of the acrylic cupholder insert while masking off the upper lip (kinda hard to mask this). This would allow only light to shine through at the top of the lip of the cupholder. This would give a nice rim of dim blue light instead of the whole cupholder lighting up.

You could just paint the entire cupholder exterior surface if you want to disable the cupholder lighting effect altogether. I personally don't understand the need for cupholder lighting since it is pretty obvious where your cupholder is already...

Blazar!
post #113 of 2426 Old 02-06-2015, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Blazar great ideas on those sensitive to some back lit buttons, although I think you may be the only one who got the stickers so far. I would print stickers if I thought we need to do it, but based on
our customer sample so far we would not have enough demand for stickers but it's great you found these and others who have similar issue could do the same, that's what makes this forum really great.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #114 of 2426 Old 02-09-2015, 10:03 AM

Liked: 10
I just received my brown South Hamptons (4-straight) a few days ago. Alan was a lot of help via email, and answered all my questions promptly. Like many, I was reluctant to spend $3k on media seating sight-unseen. However, the transaction went smoothly, and I am very happy so far. I feel like these are a very good value. One chair was missing the plastic cupholder insert, but Alan is shipping me one now. I think the leather is very nice. I agree with others about the LED floor lights being too bright...I wish they were dimmable or better yet, you could dim and adjust the colors (if they were a multi color strips). I will probably end up unplugging mine because all my 3-year-old daughter wants to do is spam that light button while watching a movie. The lit cup holder controls don't bother me so much, but thanks for the tip on the stickers. They are very sensitive controls, and I find myself wanting to lay my arm across them and will toggle things inadvertently. I think that it's just something I'll have to get used to. The motors are very quiet and smooth. I will try to post pictures when I finish reconfiguring my media room.

The USB charging ports appear to be outputting less than 2.1 amps, so some devices might charge slowly as if they were plugged into the USB port on a computer (which has less amps). This wasn't a huge surprise for me.

I have never had leather furniture before this. Does anyone have any good leather cleaner/conditioners they recommend for these? I want to try to maintain them to keep them nice.
post #115 of 2426 Old 02-10-2015, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeblaze View Post
I just received my brown South Hamptons (4-straight) a few days ago. Alan was a lot of help via email, and answered all my questions promptly. Like many, I was reluctant to spend $3k on media seating sight-unseen. However, the transaction went smoothly, and I am very happy so far. I feel like these are a very good value. One chair was missing the plastic cupholder insert, but Alan is shipping me one now. I think the leather is very nice. I agree with others about the LED floor lights being too bright...I wish they were dimmable or better yet, you could dim and adjust the colors (if they were a multi color strips). I will probably end up unplugging mine because all my 3-year-old daughter wants to do is spam that light button while watching a movie. The lit cup holder controls don't bother me so much, but thanks for the tip on the stickers. They are very sensitive controls, and I find myself wanting to lay my arm across them and will toggle things inadvertently. I think that it's just something I'll have to get used to. The motors are very quiet and smooth. I will try to post pictures when I finish reconfiguring my media room.

The USB charging ports appear to be outputting less than 2.1 amps, so some devices might charge slowly as if they were plugged into the USB port on a computer (which has less amps). This wasn't a huge surprise for me.

I have never had leather furniture before this. Does anyone have any good leather cleaner/conditioners they recommend for these? I want to try to maintain them to keep them nice.
Thanks for that. I look forward to seeing the photos of the seats.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #116 of 2426 Old 02-10-2015, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I have a question on the recline mechanism for the HT Design seats. In the videos it looks like the seats recline at the same time that the footrest raises. Is that the case? I'd definitely prefer to have the footrest raise, and then have the seat recline but maybe that's just me.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #117 of 2426 Old 02-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post
I have a question on the recline mechanism for the HT Design seats. In the videos it looks like the seats recline at the same time that the footrest raises. Is that the case? I'd definitely prefer to have the footrest raise, and then have the seat recline but maybe that's just me.
I have Southamptons, and the footrest raise first.

Pioneer UDP-LX500 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Emotiva A-300 2ch amp | Emotiva PA-1 monoblock | JVC DLA-RS1000 Projector | Mini DSP 4x2 | Dune HD Smart D1 | ZIDOO Z9S | Buttkicker system | HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs(2) | HSU MBM-12 MK2 Mid bass module | Klipsch RP-8000F(2) | Klipsch RP-504C | Klipsch RS-62 II(2) | Polk RC80i Ceiling(4) | Carada 134” screen | unRAID 40TB

Last edited by Tom899; 02-10-2015 at 04:35 PM.
post #118 of 2426 Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post
The footrest starts process and it gets up to about 1 foot off ground the back starts to go further back. The back goes further down after that.

The motor is smooth and it's okin a German made motor.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #119 of 2426 Old 02-15-2015, 04:11 PM

Liked: 10
Thanks for the tip on unplugging the LED strip. Just as mentioned, you can follow the power cable coming from the LED strip on the floor and gently pull it out of the arm rest and disconnect it. Be careful how you secure those cables so that they aren't being rubbed or pinched by the recline mechanism underneath the chair. I zip-tied them as far to the right as possible, but they're still easy to get to by raising the footrest and without turning the chair over. What a great non-permanent fix (versus cutting the cable) for the bright LED strip...it was driving me nuts. Some day I may experiment with a different color strip w/ a dimmer, or maybe adding some sort of shade on it so that it becomes more indirect lighting. I don't really need the floor lights since I have some built-in to my platform step.
post #120 of 2426 Old 02-16-2015, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
i joined the club and placed an order today for a row of 3 somersets. a review and pics to follow.

Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page