HT Design Theater Seating - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 357Likes

post #1381 of 2186 Old 11-23-2017, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Second endorsement from me after my first glowimg review. Not only are the products fantastic, but the customer service from Alan and Thomas are first rate and some of the best you will encounter. My cupholder inserts were left out of my Warwick seats order and Thomas immediately took care of me. What helps define a good business is what happens AFTER the sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 2186 Old 11-25-2017, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by milellie111 View Post
Second endorsement from me after my first glowimg review. Not only are the products fantastic, but the customer service from Alan and Thomas are first rate and some of the best you will encounter. My cupholder inserts were left out of my Warwick seats order and Thomas immediately took care of me. What helps define a good business is what happens AFTER the sale.
Thanks for the support, and the compliments. We appreciate it.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #1383 of 2186 Old 11-25-2017, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've noticed some posts here talking about how the Pembrokes sit higher than some other seats. I noticed their seat height is only 19.5", which is the lowest I've seen, so I'm confused as to how this is the case. Can someone explain this to me, please? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1384 of 2186 Old 11-26-2017, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman24 View Post
I've noticed some posts here talking about how the Pembrokes sit higher than some other seats. I noticed their seat height is only 19.5", which is the lowest I've seen, so I'm confused as to how this is the case. Can someone explain this to me, please? Thanks.
I can measure height again to make sure tomorrow am. The seat is also is deeper so that comes into play, it's really 2 things that go into it depth of seat and height of seat, I'll measure both tomorrow and report back here for you. They both effect where your feet will be once you sit in the seat.

Regards,
Alan
post #1385 of 2186 Old 11-26-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I can measure height again to make sure tomorrow am. The seat is also is deeper so that comes into play, it's really 2 things that go into it depth of seat and height of seat, I'll measure both tomorrow and report back here for you. They both effect where your feet will be once you sit in the seat.

Regards,
Alan
Thanks. What I mostly want to know (because I'm 6'2" with my height mostly in my legs, so not expecting seat too far from floor) is where my eye level would be. I'm trying to coordinate height of my TV mount, so I want to figure out where my eyes will point at the lowest level.
post #1386 of 2186 Old 11-27-2017, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. What I mostly want to know (because I'm 6'2" with my height mostly in my legs, so not expecting seat too far from floor) is where my eye level would be. I'm trying to coordinate height of my TV mount, so I want to figure out where my eyes will point at the lowest level.
I have a guy 6 2 here that works for me, I'll have him sit in pembroke and find out where his eyes when chair is upright.

Be back soon.

Alan
post #1387 of 2186 Old 11-27-2017, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have a guy 6 2 here that works for me, I'll have him sit in pembroke and find out where his eyes when chair is upright.

Be back soon.

Alan
I took a photo of Tom recline all the way back and upright in the HT Design Pembroke with power headrest. He is 6 2 with longer legs, so he's similar to you.

Pembroke has back height of 43.5, so your eyes would be about 41.5 upright in the chair.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0422.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	651.5 KB
ID:	2321860   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0425.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	664.8 KB
ID:	2321862  
post #1388 of 2186 Old 11-27-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I took a photo of Tom recline all the way back and upright in the HT Design Pembroke with power headrest. He is 6 2 with longer legs, so he's similar to you.

Pembroke has back height of 43.5, so your eyes would be about 41.5 upright in the chair.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Thanks, that's very helpful. What is height of the seat seat? Is it actually 19.5" then? I'm trying to understand where it sits in comparison to the other seats, especially since I've heard it sits high, which contradicts the seat height figure.

Edit: Also, can you move out the footrest all the way without the backrest reclining at all? Are those different buttons? How does that work?

Last edited by Iceman24; 11-27-2017 at 09:30 PM.
post #1389 of 2186 Old 11-28-2017, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, that's very helpful. What is height of the seat seat? Is it actually 19.5" then? I'm trying to understand where it sits in comparison to the other seats, especially since I've heard it sits high, which contradicts the seat height figure.

Edit: Also, can you move out the footrest all the way without the backrest reclining at all? Are those different buttons? How does that work?
It's 19.5 in middle of seat but seat contours so it's slightly higher on edges about 1 inch higher on edges. It could sit higher because of the contour.

It has 5 controls on cupholder. 2 for power recline, 2 for headrest power function and 1 for led lights.

You should look at our video on youtube I can embed here for easy viewing. The you tube shows how it reclines, it will starts with footrest and then gradually moves back rest as footrest moves.

FYI, not sure of your timeline but I am running low on this style right now. I will have more in Jan.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #1390 of 2186 Old 11-28-2017, 08:09 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5838 Post(s)
Liked: 5403
I'm surprised that the motor in the headrest could budge that bow-tie. Power headrests really are a comfort feature I like.
post #1391 of 2186 Old 11-28-2017, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
Hello members,
I have successfully added a Buttkicker system to my four Southampton's so thought I would give a review of my experience.
First off this is my first experience with any type of transducers. I chose Buttkicker Mini LFE's after reading many reviews and articles. I would of liked to of purchased the next step up (Advanced or full size LFE's but size and cost left me with Mini's). I also purchased the Buttkicker BKA1000-N Amplifier putting out 1000 watts (250w per Mini). My final amp settings are: Low Cutoff Filter Off (allowing all frequency down to 5Hz), High Cutoff filter On (I set knob at 50Hz), Volume knob at a touch above 9 o'clock (about 1/4 volume).
I'm on a cement floor with normal plush carpet and pad. I was hoping everything would work fine. I put in my Demo Blu-Ray of bits and pieces of movies and music with low frequency. I was not very impressed. To start feeling what I was hoping for, I had to start turning the volume up, and that caused the Mini's to start bottoming out with an annoying clanking sound. I thought to myself, I made a mistake and I should of spent more money and bought the Advanced or full size LFE's, but size would still be a problem with my current platform I built. Which by the way is a 9" x 6" x 1" board bolted to the frame and wood back using (6) 1/4" diameter bolts (3 lag bolts for wood frame and 3 bolts and nuts for steel frame). I contemplated returning the Mini's and upgrading but thought I would try isolation first. I purchased (26) Penn-Elcom 9106 Rubber Cabinet Feet 2.5" Dia. x 1" H from Parts Express ($1.53 each) and (26) E.V.A. Anti-Vibration Pad, 3" x 3" x 7/8" from SupplyHouse.com. ($1.15 each) (The reason for 26 and not 24, the first seat has two armrest so need 8 for that seat) So, including bolts, nuts, and washers it cost about a $100 to add isolation, but well worth it!
The way the Southamptons are made, there is a height difference of 9/16" between the small hard plastic feet that are attached to the steel frame and the large hard plastic feet that are attached to the wood armrests. This is because the metal frame is designed and built 9/16" lower than the wood armrest frame. So, when I went with all the same size large rubber feet I had to add 9/16" to the rubber feet on the wood armrest (10 fender washers was perfect). I used 5/16" diameter bolts to attach all rubber feet, no drilling or modifications needed. I used all existing holes and screw threads.
The rubber feet made a huge difference! It felt good! I probably could have left it like this but decided to take it one step further and add the isolation pads. This also made a noticeable difference. No more bottoming out and they work and feel great! The Mini's are more than enough when you have good isolation from the floor.
The bottom line is, isolation makes a huge difference! You don't want a transducer trying to move the earth, just your chair.
Note: This added about 1.5" in height to the chairs. I didn't say anything to my guests and no one has noticed.
I've included a few pictures.
Nice job. I am with you except the part of bolting the 3/4" material to the metal frame. I can't really see how you did that. My frame piece there is not flat. It is "L" shaped, so the wood will contact the edge and not the flat. Can you explain further how you bolted this?
post #1392 of 2186 Old 11-29-2017, 04:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymenudo View Post
Nice job. I am with you except the part of bolting the 3/4" material to the metal frame. I can't really see how you did that. My frame piece there is not flat. It is "L" shaped, so the wood will contact the edge and not the flat. Can you explain further how you bolted this?
Hi Johnny, glad you liked my install. I have the same L-shaped steel frame piece. The board is 1" thick. So it's butted right up against the angle part, I used (3) lag screw type bolts to go through the steel and into the 1" end of the board.
(my original post was wrong about the bolts and nuts for the steel frame, they where for the wood part of the frame)
I will take a picture from another angle to show it if you like.
Original post
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-the...l#post35683106

Pioneer UDP-LX500 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Emotiva A-300 2ch amp | Emotiva PA-1 monoblock | JVC DLA-RS1000 Projector | Mini DSP 4x2 | Dune HD Smart D1 | ZIDOO Z9S | Buttkicker system | HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs(2) | HSU MBM-12 MK2 Mid bass module | Klipsch RP-8000F(2) | Klipsch RP-504C | Klipsch RS-62 II(2) | Polk RC80i Ceiling(4) | Carada 134” screen | unRAID 40TB
post #1393 of 2186 Old 12-04-2017, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymenudo View Post
Let us know how it turns out, love to see some photos on your install.

Regards,
Alan
post #1394 of 2186 Old 12-04-2017, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Order placed, new 'home' built...

Just finished the platform (minus carpeting) which will be the home for the Hamilton seats I ordered last week. Fresh paint, new (to me) Klipsch La Scala speakers, and the platform all insulated, wired with lights and power and ready to go.

I have talked mostly with TJ and made a visit to the showroom back in October. It's been a long process to get this all done and it looks like it will be all set before the holidays. Everyone at HT Market has been great to deal with - looking forward to getting the seats!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20171204_160914.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	2325706  
HTmarket likes this.
post #1395 of 2186 Old 12-04-2017, 11:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 474
Did anybody here ever replace or service the seating are in their HT furniture ?

Spoke to HT last week and they said that the seating area can be replaced and/or serviced... which is a plus, down the road. Talked to some other manufacturers and it is not possible with their furniture.

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools: Display Calibration Tools
meter: CR-250, Klein K-10 A, i1Pro, i1D3
AVS thread: Lightspace & Custom Color Patch Set & Gamma Calibration on Panasonic 65VT60
post #1396 of 2186 Old 12-05-2017, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
Did anybody here ever replace or service the seating are in their HT furniture ?

Spoke to HT last week and they said that the seating area can be replaced and/or serviced... which is a plus, down the road. Talked to some other manufacturers and it is not possible with their furniture.
We can actually replace the seat cushion in a seat which includes the chaise part of the cushion or we can replace the back. The guts of the chair would remain the same.

This is not something you would probably do very often unless your pets damaged seat or you had a real bad spill on the seat. We have done it occasionally for shipping damage.

Regards,
Alan
post #1397 of 2186 Old 12-05-2017, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brado112 View Post
Just finished the platform (minus carpeting) which will be the home for the Hamilton seats I ordered last week. Fresh paint, new (to me) Klipsch La Scala speakers, and the platform all insulated, wired with lights and power and ready to go.

I have talked mostly with TJ and made a visit to the showroom back in October. It's been a long process to get this all done and it looks like it will be all set before the holidays. Everyone at HT Market has been great to deal with - looking forward to getting the seats!
We look forward to seeing your room finished, upload photos once the seats are in. Thanks for the business.

Regards,
Alan
post #1398 of 2186 Old 12-05-2017, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just got my loveseat today

Just got my loveseat in and its great! Last month my girlfriend and I stopped into the showroom and tried all of the seats. We settled on the Hamilton and had to wait for the next shipment. Don't really have a full home theater setup at the house, but have a pretty decent AV setup in our living room. So glad we made this purchase. Still waiting on the middle armrest, but was told it should be in by Christmas. Would recommend to anyone. Thanks HTMarket!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20171205_120934.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2326096   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170815_164629.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	945.8 KB
ID:	2326098  
HTmarket likes this.
post #1399 of 2186 Old 12-06-2017, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombyjunky View Post
Just got my loveseat in and its great! Last month my girlfriend and I stopped into the showroom and tried all of the seats. We settled on the Hamilton and had to wait for the next shipment. Don't really have a full home theater setup at the house, but have a pretty decent AV setup in our living room. So glad we made this purchase. Still waiting on the middle armrest, but was told it should be in by Christmas. Would recommend to anyone. Thanks HTMarket!
Great job, just shows you how HT seating can be used in different rooms not just dedicated theater rooms anymore as there are so many different configurations you can do.

Regards,
Alan
post #1400 of 2186 Old 12-08-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
It's 19.5 in middle of seat but seat contours so it's slightly higher on edges about 1 inch higher on edges. It could sit higher because of the contour.

It has 5 controls on cupholder. 2 for power recline, 2 for headrest power function and 1 for led lights.

You should look at our video on youtube I can embed here for easy viewing. The you tube shows how it reclines, it will starts with footrest and then gradually moves back rest as footrest moves.

FYI, not sure of your timeline but I am running low on this style right now. I will have more in Jan.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Thanks. My timeline is January-February. After watching video, it doesn't show entire seat when reclining or putting it back straight. Does the footrest come all the way out prior to the back reclining at all or does the back begin to recline prior to footrest going out all the way. I always use footrest, so I'm trying to determine the lowest height my eyes will point at, which differs if the back reclines somewhat with footrest all the way or if it doesn't recline until after footrest is out all the way.
post #1401 of 2186 Old 12-11-2017, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. My timeline is January-February. After watching video, it doesn't show entire seat when reclining or putting it back straight. Does the footrest come all the way out prior to the back reclining at all or does the back begin to recline prior to footrest going out all the way. I always use footrest, so I'm trying to determine the lowest height my eyes will point at, which differs if the back reclines somewhat with footrest all the way or if it doesn't recline until after footrest is out all the way.
At the 2:20 mark in vid Prof HT reclines the whole seat. The footrest comes out at first but than back will start to move, they move in tandem. the lowest your head would be would be about 39 inches if reclined all the way back.

Regards,
Alan

Last edited by HTmarket; 12-11-2017 at 08:02 AM.
post #1402 of 2186 Old 12-12-2017, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Foam density is simple the higher the density the firmer the seat will feel, anything 2.0 is very firm, so 1.8 is still good but not as firm but softer for comfort. HTDesign seats use this d28 foam with pocket seat coils not sure it it's 1.8. It's really the pocketed seat coils that give the longevity in the seat and then a layer of d28 foam is layed over that. So it's the overall seat with pocket coils that makes the seat plus foam overlay. I can tell you the seat is firm but not too firm so it's comfortable and it will hold up over time.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Hi Alan,

I was searching this thread to find the foam density in your seats. I found this post you made a while back. I think you confused the density of foam with its firmness rating. Foam density does not necessarily relate to the firmness of the foam. The density is simply the weight of the foam which generally is related to it's durability. A separate rating called the ILD does refer to the firmness of the foam. These two numbers (the density and the ILD) are independent of each other.

Here's a much better expansion of what I was trying to say:

https://www.thefoamfactory.com/blog/...t-and-firmness

Not sure if you have since corrected yourself in this thread so I apologize if this is old information to you.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Last edited by johnsmith808; 12-12-2017 at 07:34 PM.
post #1403 of 2186 Old 12-13-2017, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith808 View Post
Hi Alan,

I was searching this thread to find the foam density in your seats. I found this post you made a while back. I think you confused the density of foam with its firmness rating. Foam density does not necessarily relate to the firmness of the foam. The density is simply the weight of the foam which generally is related to it's durability. A separate rating called the ILD does refer to the firmness of the foam. These two numbers (the density and the ILD) are independent of each other.

Here's a much better expansion of what I was trying to say:

https://www.thefoamfactory.com/blog/...t-and-firmness

Not sure if you have since corrected yourself in this thread so I apologize if this is old information to you.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Very interesting, I never knew there was an ILD spec, not sure our factory has that spec, our seats are unique as we use the pocketed seat coils, meaning the springs are pocketed in foam so it might be hard to get a spec like that when you combine both the foam and springs. I'll ask the factory if they ever heard of this spec. Our seats I like to say have the right amount of firmness for optimal comfort.

Regards,
Alan
post #1404 of 2186 Old 12-13-2017, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Hamilton's

I was waiting for years to get these chairs. After checking all the obvious websites and furniture stores, I went with the Hamilton's because of the price and leather. The LED lights and USB port was a very nice too. Very nice. I'm a big guy, 300 lbs, and not a well built 300 lbs more of a bowling ball, so I needed a wide seat. The Hamilton's also have some of the widest seats available, another smart move. The only issue I had was one of the chairs had the power recline inoperable. I was sent another and, after attaching, it works well. However, both the power recline on the "repaired" chair and one other tends to have a hesitation while using the power recline during reclining and moving back into upright position. I've looked and my conclusion is its simply the friction of the leather against each other is causing that momentary hesitation in both recline and getting upright. I'll try the powder trick and se if that helps.

I have inadvertently hit the power recline button (up or down) by simply resting my arm on the armrest a couple of times. The chair itself is very, very comfortable. While it does not have separate power controls for legs and back movement, it works well as the back does not recline until the leg rest fully rises. If that is something that is a consideration for you, it should not be a deal breaker. This is a well designed chair. I'm telling you, years of research on home theater seats allowed me to gamble on these chairs and man-oh-man did I luck out. There is little question these are the best bang-for-buck home theater seats out there. The only limitation is these only come in black but that is one of the reasons it's such a good bang for the buck.

I couldn't be happier. I don't know how many years these will last but I am already worried about when I have to replace them. It will be a sad day.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0324.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	2329974   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0359.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	2329976   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0360.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2329978  
HTmarket likes this.
post #1405 of 2186 Old 12-13-2017, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff43 View Post

I was waiting for years to get these chairs. After checking all the obvious websites and furniture stores, I went with the Hamilton's because of the price and leather. The LED lights and USB port was a very nice too. Very nice. I'm a big guy, 300 lbs, and not a well built 300 lbs more of a bowling ball, so I needed a wide seat. The Hamilton's also have some of the widest seats available, another smart move. The only issue I had was one of the chairs had the power recline inoperable. I was sent another and, after attaching, it works well. However, both the power recline on the "repaired" chair and one other tends to have a hesitation while using the power recline during reclining and moving back into upright position. I've looked and my conclusion is its simply the friction of the leather against each other is causing that momentary hesitation in both recline and getting upright. I'll try the powder trick and se if that helps.

I have inadvertently hit the power recline button (up or down) by simply resting my arm on the armrest a couple of times. The chair itself is very, very comfortable. While it does not have separate power controls for legs and back movement, it works well as the back does not recline until the leg rest fully rises. If that is something that is a consideration for you, it should not be a deal breaker. This is a well designed chair. I'm telling you, years of research on home theater seats allowed me to gamble on these chairs and man-oh-man did I luck out. There is little question these are the best bang-for-buck home theater seats out there. The only limitation is these only come in black but that is one of the reasons it's such a good bang for the buck.

I couldn't be happier. I don't know how many years these will last but I am already worried about when I have to replace them. It will be a sad day.
Great looking room, for the friction issue, use parafin wax instead of baby powder, no mess and works way better and longer. Thanks for posting.

Regards,
Alan
jeff43 likes this.
post #1406 of 2186 Old 12-13-2017, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Which of the HT Market seats have the narrowest footprint?
post #1407 of 2186 Old 12-13-2017, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Dave View Post
Which of the HT Market seats have the narrowest footprint?
Good question.

Look at the following seats, all the same look and footprint

Paget manual and power, black bonded leather

Warwick top grain leather power recline brown or black

Belmont new style coming in first week of January just went live on our web site today, top grain black leather, power recline and power headrest, double stitch seam

The next one after that is somerset which is somewhat of spacesaver but the top 3 are our narrowest.

Regards,
Alan
HTmarket.com
Buckeye Dave likes this.
post #1408 of 2186 Old 12-13-2017, 03:42 PM

Liked: 29
Are the new Belmont identical to the Warwick with a power headrest? Could they be mixed and matched?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
post #1409 of 2186 Old 12-13-2017, 05:02 PM

So now I'm a bit confused. Jeff 430 says the back doesn't recline until the footrest is fully up. I'm not sure if this differs by model, but that is my preference. Can someone clarify whether Pembroke is like this, please? Thanks.
post #1410 of 2186 Old 12-14-2017, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maseline97 View Post
Are the new Belmont identical to the Warwick with a power headrest? Could they be mixed and matched?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Yes I had that in mind when I did the Belmont that you could combine the 2 styles, Nick from Canada who is up on avs here is combining the 2 styles, ie front row with power headrest (belmont) and back row without (warwick). The only difference in Belmont is that it has a slightly different double stitch on seams which is hard to tell without real close inspection, other than that same frame and chair but with power headrest feature.

Regards,
Alan
maseline97 likes this.

Last edited by HTmarket; 12-14-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page