HT Design Theater Seating - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 433Likes

post #121 of 2426 Old 02-16-2015, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
I am now finished with my basement remodel. I started with bare cement walls back in June. I chose a media room combined with my home theater. My HT Southamptons are working out great and everyone is enjoying them.
Stellar looking room. Are the cords just plugged into the wall on the side?

I have a similar configuration, but I'd like to hide the cords. Unfortunately, my room is open wide to the back like yours. I've been going back and forth on these.

Can you have the cup holders on and not the floor strip light? I went to my buddies to check them out again and the lighting is too bright for my taste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 2426 Old 02-16-2015, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I just ordered a curved row of 4 black southamptons. I was going back and forth between this and the octane turbo xl700, but htmarket's responsiveness on the forum swayed me towards that purchase. That and it's $100 cheaper. I do wish there was a manual recline option though. I've never been a fan of motorized ones, but maybe they will grow on me.
post #123 of 2426 Old 02-17-2015, 03:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbandtimmy View Post
Stellar looking room. Are the cords just plugged into the wall on the side?

I have a similar configuration, but I'd like to hide the cords. Unfortunately, my room is open wide to the back like yours. I've been going back and forth on these.

Can you have the cup holders on and not the floor strip light? I went to my buddies to check them out again and the lighting is too bright for my taste.

Thank you! Yes, I used a simple power strip and plugged all four chairs into it. The power strip fits nicely under one of the chairs and the wires from each chair are long enough to reach the one power strip.

I unplugged the floor LED strips so just the cup holders light.

Pioneer UDP-LX500 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Emotiva A-300 2ch amp | Emotiva PA-1 monoblock | JVC DLA-RS1000 Projector | Mini DSP 4x2 | Dune HD Smart D1 | ZIDOO Z9S | Buttkicker system | HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs(2) | HSU MBM-12 MK2 Mid bass module | Klipsch RP-8000F(2) | Klipsch RP-504C | Klipsch RS-62 II(2) | Polk RC80i Ceiling(4) | Carada 134” screen | unRAID 40TB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 2426 Old 02-17-2015, 06:59 AM

Has anybody tried just putting eletrical tape over the leds at the bottom of the chair? I like the idea of the lights, but it sounds like they are way too bright. Black chairs, black electrical tape, I figure it won't be that noticeable. I plan on trying it out myself, but I wasn't sure if anybody else tried, or is everybody just unhooking them? I do not want them to wash out my projection screen.
post #125 of 2426 Old 02-17-2015, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by daWill View Post
Has anybody tried just putting eletrical tape over the leds at the bottom of the chair? I like the idea of the lights, but it sounds like they are way too bright. Black chairs, black electrical tape, I figure it won't be that noticeable. I plan on trying it out myself, but I wasn't sure if anybody else tried, or is everybody just unhooking them? I do not want them to wash out my projection screen.
Just unplug the LED strip, it's easier than putting tape over it in my opinion. The most work it took was ziptie-ing the excess cord because I didn't want the cords loose if I moved the chairs around. I gave more details on how to do this a few posts back. If left plugged in, they will most likely wash our your screen. If there was some sort of shade to put over them to make them more of an indirect lighting , then maybe they'd be ok. Maybe you can achieve that with tape.
post #126 of 2426 Old 02-17-2015, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Thanks for the order.

you can turn base lights on and off so it's not a big issue, unless you have kids who like to play with the light button, then just unplug them, I have a video I just made showing how to unplug,
, I would not do electrical tape as it will probably shine through, you might do some window tinting that might lower the light down.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #127 of 2426 Old 02-17-2015, 09:02 AM

Alan, thanks for the video. To those wanting to just unplug their LED strip, you don't have to flip your chairs over on the side to access the cord. Alan shows you the location in the video, but you can just fully raise the leg rest, and crawl underneath it and do the work from there. It was going to be a pain to move all my seats around, so I was pleased that I was able to unplug the LED strip cable without hassle.
post #128 of 2426 Old 02-17-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
Thanks for the order.

you can turn base lights on and off so it's not a big issue, unless you have kids who like to play with the light button, then just unplug them, I have a video I just made showing how to unplug, base light video, I would not do electrical tape as it will probably shine through, you might do some window tinting that might lower the light down.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Thanks for the video. I've used electrical tape in the past for blue leds in routers/modems and another annoying blinking lights in my media room. It does pretty well at dimming. I'll at least give it a shot once the chairs show up. Looks like unplugging them is easy enough worst case. My 2 and 5 year old might be playing with them all the time anyhow.
post #129 of 2426 Old 02-17-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
My 2 and 5 year old might be playing with them all the time anyhow.
I can attest that a 3 year old will spam the heck out of that button and drive you crazy.

For aesthetics sake, at a later date I may remove them (like Alan showed in his video), or maybe cover them up with some black gaffers tape...not sure.
post #130 of 2426 Old 02-17-2015, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have one of these remotes not in use. I'll try it on one of the chairs when they show up and see how dim it can get the lights if the plug is the same size : LE Mini Remote Controller for Single Color LED Strip Lights, RF Dimmer for 12 V DC LED Light Strips, 12A, Wireless Remote Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MHKCTLE..._CV44ub0MZ262Z

the one i have controls a 12 ft led strip on the underside of my basement stairs handrail and it works well.

Patrick
post #131 of 2426 Old 02-17-2015, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4pat View Post
I have one of these remotes not in use. I'll try it on one of the chairs when they show up and see how dim it can get the lights if the plug is the same size : LE Mini Remote Controller for Single Color LED Strip Lights, RF Dimmer for 12 V DC LED Light Strips, 12A, Wireless Remote Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MHKCTLE..._CV44ub0MZ262Z

the one i have controls a 12 ft led strip on the underside of my basement stairs handrail and it works well.

Awesome. Please let us know. That might be the perfect solution. I like base lights, but they were just too bright for my taste.

After looking at peoples photos, I'm leaning toward the brown chairs.
post #132 of 2426 Old 02-23-2015, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
kind of like this, except with an armrest in the middle
Big,

Any idea what seats those are shown in that pic? I love those curved tray tables.

Thank you,
post #133 of 2426 Old 02-24-2015, 05:05 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 507 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6678 Post(s)
Liked: 6559
post #134 of 2426 Old 02-24-2015, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbandtimmy View Post
Awesome. Please let us know. That might be the perfect solution. I like base lights, but they were just too bright for my taste.

After looking at peoples photos, I'm leaning toward the brown chairs.
did not work on first try last night. didnt get too much time to fiddle with the lights. i'll mess around with them again this evening and report back.

Patrick
post #135 of 2426 Old 02-24-2015, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
Jaymar
Many thanks! Love the look of those chairs. Pretty pricey though!
post #136 of 2426 Old 02-24-2015, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 887
I would really like a tray table that would extend from one grommet all the way across your lap to the next chair's grommet

Is there any third party that makes longer tables?

Blazar!
post #137 of 2426 Old 02-25-2015, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post
I would really like a tray table that would extend from one grommet all the way across your lap to the next chair's grommet

Is there any third party that makes longer tables?
Nope, That table does not exist yet, but it's a neat idea however probably won't see one out there as every table would be different depending on the model and the configuration. Most mfg need economy of scale in production, so it would be to small a market probably and too custom.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #138 of 2426 Old 03-02-2015, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ordered 3 Devonshires on Friday! Can't wait to get them and post my impress!!
post #139 of 2426 Old 03-03-2015, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polkiejoe View Post
Ordered 3 Devonshires on Friday! Can't wait to get them and post my impress!!
Thanks I saw a row of 3 devonshire order come in friday, should ship today or tomorrow.

Your in WV correct...

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Last edited by HTmarket; 03-03-2015 at 07:55 AM.
post #140 of 2426 Old 03-03-2015, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks I saw a row of 3 devonshire order come in friday, should ship today or tomorrow.

Your in WV correct...

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Yes that's me
post #141 of 2426 Old 03-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'm looking to get ht seating..I'm 6 foot 2, 275lb. Are these too small for that build?
post #142 of 2426 Old 03-09-2015, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Devonshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrted46 View Post
I'm looking to get ht seating..I'm 6 foot 2, 275lb. Are these too small for that build?
our HT Design Devonshire model is perfect for guys over 6 feet. we have had guys in our showroom 6 foot 7 and they fit real good also, as the seat is higher off the floor and it has a real high back and wide platform. It's a big guys chair. That being said I have not tested it over 400lbs it can handle up to 350lbs but I have not tested it over that. It has power recline, usb charger, led controls and a nice wood panel front. It also has upgraded alum black tray tables with 2 different heights, so tall people can have a tray table that fits above there legs.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

post #143 of 2426 Old 03-09-2015, 04:43 PM

Liked: 0
I purchased the Paget line from HT Design. Alan was great during the entire process. I had a bunch of questions and he always got back to me immediately. This gave me the confidence to purchase seats site unseen online. I have tell you I am very happy that I did. The entire family Loves them. We purchased the 4 across with a middle love seat. They are very easy to put together and work perfectly. The power recline is whisper quite and works wonderfully. The seats are very comfortable, especially for a space saving design. I would highly recommend these seats to anyone looking for a high quality theater seat that is short on space.
post #144 of 2426 Old 03-10-2015, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Any Photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhock View Post
I purchased the Paget line from HT Design. Alan was great during the entire process. I had a bunch of questions and he always got back to me immediately. This gave me the confidence to purchase seats site unseen online. I have tell you I am very happy that I did. The entire family Loves them. We purchased the 4 across with a middle love seat. They are very easy to put together and work perfectly. The power recline is whisper quite and works wonderfully. The seats are very comfortable, especially for a space saving design. I would highly recommend these seats to anyone looking for a high quality theater seat that is short on space.
Thanks for that, if you have any photos I love to see them and I am sure other guys would like to see them.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #145 of 2426 Old 03-10-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that, if you have any photos I love to see them and I am sure other guys would like to see them.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
somersets. Kids love them, I love them, and most importantly the wife loves them.

debated for a couple months while finishing the basement. Alan he been great to deal with. Gmail shows 67 emails exchanged.... that's great pre and during sale service. cup holder control lights are fine with me. Haven't been using the other lights.

you can tell by how close the chairs are to the bar table I made how much room they need to fully recline. not much.

rkb2112 likes this.

Patrick
post #146 of 2426 Old 03-11-2015, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Hi Alan,

What is the difference between the Paget and the Seatcraft Sienna aside from the storage? They look almost identical and it look like you sell both.

Thanks!
post #147 of 2426 Old 03-11-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolen View Post
Hi Alan,

What is the difference between the Paget and the Seatcraft Sienna aside from the storage? They look almost identical and it look like you sell both.

Thanks!
The biggest difference is the storage compartment as you have a place to put your table in there. the other subtle differences are the paget has pocketed coil springs and it has the rafel cupholders with controls a little better cupholder, the sienna had led cupholder but controls are inside arm. The paget also is a bit darker shade.

I would say paget is a better seat as it has the storage and the pocketed coils.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #148 of 2426 Old 03-12-2015, 09:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5810 Post(s)
Liked: 5669
Hey alan @HTmarket , I am looking between the paget and venetian. A couple questions once looking into this:

1) Does the paget have USB chargers in the storage bays?
2) Does either option have a curved orientation, or are there plans in the future?
3) It looks like on the paget that the seat to headrest height is 20"? That seems like my head at 5'10" would be fully above the headrest. Perhaps some folks can chime in here! in contrast the venetian is 27". I typically don't recline to watch movies or anything so this is pretty important.
4) Do the paget manual recline seats still have the LED strips and cupholders?

For those of you being bothered by the brightness of the LED strips, go by a local window tinting place and see if they will give you some scraps of 15/20/30% tint and apply those to the strips. Or go by lowes/HD and scoop some of the standard window tinting. It is easy to apply and will likely get you exactly the brightness you want, while still offering a cool effect....

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #149 of 2426 Old 03-12-2015, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Answers below

Hey alan @HTmarket , I am looking between the paget and venetian. A couple questions once looking into this:

fyi venetian is a lot like our southampton similar size. you might check that out.

Paget does not have that feature, we have other styles southampton and devonshire that have usb right now.

2) Does either option have a curved orientation, or are there plans in the future?

No curve in paget as it's a spacesaver model and if you curve it adds more width, hence not saving space.
Our southampton curves...

3) It looks like on the paget that the seat to headrest height is 20"? That seems like my head at 5'10" would be fully above the headrest. Perhaps some folks can chime in here! in contrast the venetian is 27". I typically don't recline to watch movies or anything so this is pretty important.

It's hard to measure exactly has headrest curves back gradually, I would say about 27.5, I am 5 8 and I am below headrest in middle of my head, you should be perfect.

manual has led strip, plug in or not plug in... no switch, it has stainless steel cupholders

For those of you being bothered by the brightness of the LED strips, go by a local window tinting place and see if they will give you some scraps of 15/20/30% tint and apply those to the strips. Or go by lowes/HD and scoop some of the standard window tinting. It is easy to apply and will likely get you exactly the brightness you want, while still offering a cool effect....[/quote]

good tip....

The paget is designed as a comfortable space saver seat, the power recline is great but if you don't recline much maybe manual is ok for you.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #150 of 2426 Old 03-12-2015, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5810 Post(s)
Liked: 5669
Quote:

fyi venetian is a lot like our southampton similar size. you might check that out.

Paget does not have that feature, we have other styles southampton and devonshire that have usb right now.

No curve in paget as it's a spacesaver model and if you curve it adds more width, hence not saving space.
Our southampton curves...

It's hard to measure exactly has headrest curves back gradually, I would say about 27.5, I am 5 8 and I am below headrest in middle of my head, you should be perfect.

manual has led strip, plug in or not plug in... no switch, it has stainless steel cupholders

For those of you being bothered by the brightness of the LED strips, go by a local window tinting place and see if they will give you some scraps of 15/20/30% tint and apply those to the strips. Or go by lowes/HD and scoop some of the standard window tinting. It is easy to apply and will likely get you exactly the brightness you want, while still offering a cool effect....
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Alan, so the paget's cupholders are not lit then? In the pic it doesn't appear they are.

I like the southampton, just a little more $$ than I can drop on two rows of three...

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater

Last edited by beastaudio; 03-12-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page