HT Design Theater Seating - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 322Likes

post #1501 of 2115 Old 02-05-2018, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy810 View Post
I called in this morning and spoke with TJ. Decided to go with Southampton. Unfortunately, it looks like you guys don't have stock on some of the pieces in brown. He said he was going to speak with you and see what can be done. He is also going to email me a quote for the same setup in Hamilton so that I can compare. So back to the drawing board for now.
If you choose to have all 1 arm chairs (5301, 5301, 5201, 5201) on the row of 4 loveseat then it's a bit of a wait as the 5301 chairs in SH brown are out till march 31. One possible idea is to do the loveseat row with a 3901 2 arm, 5401 armless , 5201 rf arm, 5201 rf arm and I'll give another master cupholder free that you use to control the armless seat from the 2 arm chair. The 2 arm has a dummy cupholder on 1 arm next to armless and you could swap it out to control it that way instead of on the cushion. That's another way of have all controls on the arms versus order all 1 arm chairs. I would still be short 1 5301 for sofa but I could ship at least a row of 4 now versus you waiting for all the seats, you would only have to wait for 3 seats the sofa.

I do have your configuration in southampton black and Hamilton coming in end of this week or next week.

Those are a couple options for you.

Thanks,
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 2115 Old 02-11-2018, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Alan, I am looking for two recliners for my modest home theater and I am trying to decide among one of the HT market recliners. I am 6'1 and 230 lbs. Trying to decide between Warwick, Southampton and Pembroke. Any suggestions?
post #1503 of 2115 Old 02-12-2018, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeav View Post
Alan, I am looking for two recliners for my modest home theater and I am trying to decide among one of the HT market recliners. I am 6'1 and 230 lbs. Trying to decide between Warwick, Southampton and Pembroke. Any suggestions?
I would go with either Pembroke or Southampton both are good for bigger guys.

The Pembroke has the power headrest.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1504 of 2115 Old 02-12-2018, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I would go with either Pembroke or Southampton both are good for bigger guys.

The Pembroke has the power headrest.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Sounds good. Thanks. Other than the power headrest, are the Pembroke and Southampton the same?
post #1505 of 2115 Old 02-13-2018, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sounds good. Thanks. Other than the power headrest, are the Pembroke and Southampton the same?
Slightly different seats, the pembroke has a bucket seat design whereas southampton seat a bit flatter. Pembroke slightly firmer seat also than southampton. The pembroke has a double stitch on seam whereas southampton has single stitch. We have usb port on cupholder of pembroke, southampton has dual usb port in storage area.

I would say you can't go wrong with either seat. I think power headrest is nice add on and the bucket seat design is comfy, it all depends on how much weight you put on the power headrest feature.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #1506 of 2115 Old 02-14-2018, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Hey all, I wanted to share a few pics of the Warwick seating from HTMarket. I'm not getting paid for this, just wanting to pass along my experience!

Some of you might have seen that my theater has recently been awarded the AVSForum Home Theater of the Month and am really excited about that! It's also been featured in my local newspaper and will shortly also be featured in CNET. While I absolutely love the build of the room and the audio/video, the seating is fantastic! Let's face it, the amount of time one will spend in a room like this demands something comfy for your toosh! Heck, sometimes the movie/game/whatever your watching will only be as good as how comfortable you are, therefore I knew I had to get something comfy. I knew that I would have to buy something sight unseen and had my checklist of "would be nice to have's" as well as "definitely need." After doing hours of research on companies, their seating and user reviews, I ultimately picked the Warwick's.

When they first arrived, I had the white glove service put them together while I finished up the placement in the room. The first time I sat in them, I had a big grin as I knew I had made the correct choice I was really surprised at how far back they reclined and instantly thought of how great napping in them would be lol The controls are very touch sensitive which is good as you don't have to mash down the buttons. I love the USB chargers built in and the cup light is a +. The only thing I wish I could change, and have read by others as well, is the ability to toggle the LED's on/off. Reason being, during a movie when the room is pitch black, the blue LED's from the cup holder controls really get at the corners of my eyes and often wind up covering them up with something. Aside from that, I absolutely love the chairs and am glad I picked these.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180120_160424.jpg
Views:	1064
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2361504   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180120_161723.jpg
Views:	1073
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	2361506   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180120_161408.jpg
Views:	1040
Size:	1,006.5 KB
ID:	2361508  
sdolen and HTmarket like this.
post #1507 of 2115 Old 02-15-2018, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for your order of Pembrokes, be sure to post some photos when you get them.

Regards,
Alan
post #1508 of 2115 Old 02-19-2018, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi1982 View Post
Hey all, I wanted to share a few pics of the Warwick seating from HTMarket. I'm not getting paid for this, just wanting to pass along my experience!

Some of you might have seen that my theater has recently been awarded the AVSForum Home Theater of the Month and am really excited about that! It's also been featured in my local newspaper and will shortly also be featured in CNET. While I absolutely love the build of the room and the audio/video, the seating is fantastic! Let's face it, the amount of time one will spend in a room like this demands something comfy for your toosh! Heck, sometimes the movie/game/whatever your watching will only be as good as how comfortable you are, therefore I knew I had to get something comfy. I knew that I would have to buy something sight unseen and had my checklist of "would be nice to have's" as well as "definitely need." After doing hours of research on companies, their seating and user reviews, I ultimately picked the Warwick's.

When they first arrived, I had the white glove service put them together while I finished up the placement in the room. The first time I sat in them, I had a big grin as I knew I had made the correct choice I was really surprised at how far back they reclined and instantly thought of how great napping in them would be lol The controls are very touch sensitive which is good as you don't have to mash down the buttons. I love the USB chargers built in and the cup light is a +. The only thing I wish I could change, and have read by others as well, is the ability to toggle the LED's on/off. Reason being, during a movie when the room is pitch black, the blue LED's from the cup holder controls really get at the corners of my eyes and often wind up covering them up with something. Aside from that, I absolutely love the chairs and am glad I picked these.

This theater looks great, no wonder you got Home Theater of the Month.

Regards,
Alan
jedi1982 likes this.
post #1509 of 2115 Old 02-19-2018, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
This theater looks great, no wonder you got Home Theater of the Month.

Regards,
Alan
Thanks for the great seating!! The USB power always gets compliments from guests
post #1510 of 2115 Old 02-19-2018, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Just ordered a pair of the Warwicks during the President's Day sale. Can't wait to get them after seeing how comfortable they look in @jedi1982 's photos.

Preamp/Amps: Anthem AVM60, Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5, A-300
Speakers: (7.1.2): Klipsch Reference Premiere / Power Sound Audio S3000i sub
Video: LG OLED65B7A, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Premiere+, Nvidia Shield TV
Room: GIK Acoustics treatments
post #1511 of 2115 Old 02-19-2018, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackGuyver View Post
Just ordered a pair of the Warwicks during the President's Day sale. Can't wait to get them after seeing how comfortable they look in @jedi1982 's photos.
You will love them
MackGuyver likes this.
post #1512 of 2115 Old 02-19-2018, 07:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi1982 View Post
Thanks for the great seating!! The USB power always gets compliments from guests
So they can play with their phones during the movie? That drives me crazy !
post #1513 of 2115 Old 02-19-2018, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
So they can play with their phones during the movie? That drives me crazy !
LOL well, if it's a boring movie...
post #1514 of 2115 Old 02-20-2018, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had the same issue with the cup holder control LEDs being too bright and distracting in my dark theater room. I bought some brown self-adhesive vinyl and a 5/8 inch circle punch at Hobby Lobby, punched come circles, and stuck them to the LED controls. It works great! It lets enough light through to see the controls, keeps the LEDs from being distracting, and the controls still function as they should. I tried black vinyl but that did not let enough light through. I found brown works best.
post #1515 of 2115 Old 02-20-2018, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycyexpress View Post
I had the same issue with the cup holder control LEDs being too bright and distracting in my dark theater room. I bought some brown self-adhesive vinyl and a 5/8 inch circle punch at Hobby Lobby, punched come circles, and stuck them to the LED controls. It works great! It lets enough light through to see the controls, keeps the LEDs from being distracting, and the controls still function as they should. I tried black vinyl but that did not let enough light through. I found brown works best.
A company called lightdims "dot" com has similar stickers.

Regards,
Alan
post #1516 of 2115 Old 02-20-2018, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackGuyver View Post
Thanks for the order, we appreciate the business.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
MackGuyver likes this.
post #1517 of 2115 Old 02-22-2018, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I’m interested in buying one, or maybe two chairs soon. I’m having a hard time deciding between Pembroke and Hamilton. I’m leaning more towards Hamilton because I would like a more softer cushioned seat and the powered headrest in the Pembroke, while nice, is not essential. Can the Hamilton be special ordered in brown?

I’ve owned two Berkline home theater manual recliners since November 2005 and they have been great, I definitely got my money’s worth. To those who have owned Berkline recliners in the past, and now HTDesign recliners, how do the HTDesign recliners compare in reliability and build quality? I’m a pretty large man (6’3”, 375lbs+) and the Berklines have held up well. My only concern is how these HTDesign recliners will hold up in the long term (structure, motor).

Thanks.
post #1518 of 2115 Old 02-23-2018, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisD View Post
I’m interested in buying one, or maybe two chairs soon. I’m having a hard time deciding between Pembroke and Hamilton. I’m leaning more towards Hamilton because I would like a more softer cushioned seat and the powered headrest in the Pembroke, while nice, is not essential. Can the Hamilton be special ordered in brown?

I’ve owned two Berkline home theater manual recliners since November 2005 and they have been great, I definitely got my money’s worth. To those who have owned Berkline recliners in the past, and now HTDesign recliners, how do the HTDesign recliners compare in reliability and build quality? I’m a pretty large man (6’3”, 375lbs+) and the Berklines have held up well. My only concern is how these HTDesign recliners will hold up in the long term (structure, motor).

Thanks.
We used to sell Berkline we were one of their top dealers online and the first one online in 2001, so I am familiar with the line when it was around. We do make our chairs to last but it also depends on usage. I would think if you got Hamiltons you would get at least 10 years out of them, not sure about 13 years like these as I don't know how much you use them and the cover on the chair. The chairs we developed are called HT Design and we build them to the spec of the Berkline imported line which was very good seating line we sold. We use pocketed coils in the seat, 1.85 density foam, legget and platt recline mechs, okin motors, top grain leather (same leather cover berkine used in their chairs) and raffel cupholders. We use pretty much the same components they used when they were around. One of the reasons I started the line HT Design is because berkline went out of business overnight in 2011 and we needed to take the supply channel into our own hands as relying on other manufacturers is a shaky proposition.

Thanks for checking in.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #1519 of 2115 Old 02-23-2018, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
We used to sell Berkline we were one of their top dealers online and the first one online in 2001, so I am familiar with the line when it was around. We do make our chairs to last but it also depends on usage. I would think if you got Hamiltons you would get at least 10 years out of them, not sure about 13 years like these as I don't know how much you use them and the cover on the chair. The chairs we developed are called HT Design and we build them to the spec of the Berkline imported line which was very good seating line we sold. We use pocketed coils in the seat, 1.85 density foam, legget and platt recline mechs, okin motors, top grain leather (same leather cover berkine used in their chairs) and raffel cupholders. We use pretty much the same components they used when they were around. One of the reasons I started the line HT Design is because berkline went out of business overnight in 2011 and we needed to take the supply channel into our own hands as relying on other manufacturers is a shaky proposition.

Thanks for checking in.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Alan, thanks for the quick reply. The fact that you used Berkline as a reference is reassuring. Would it be possible to special order the Hamilton in brown? Thanks.
post #1520 of 2115 Old 02-23-2018, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisD View Post
Alan, thanks for the quick reply. The fact that you used Berkline as a reference is reassuring. Would it be possible to special order the Hamilton in brown? Thanks.
We can do that, take about 90 days to get. Remember our shipping policy, 1 chair there is a surcharge on shipping, 2 or more chairs free shipping.

So you might consider doing 2 chairs. You can call in on it if you want to do brown.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #1521 of 2115 Old 02-24-2018, 04:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 114
hey, have heard alot about the control buttons being very sensitive and very close to the arm rest, is that an issue? i mean if one is constantly going to be worried and wary of pressing the buttons accidentally won't that take away from the whole point of being relaxed in a comfy chair with an armrest? And probably have to position in an awkward way to avoid touching the buttons?

Thanks
post #1522 of 2115 Old 02-24-2018, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil0909 View Post
hey, have heard alot about the control buttons being very sensitive and very close to the arm rest, is that an issue? i mean if one is constantly going to be worried and wary of pressing the buttons accidentally won't that take away from the whole point of being relaxed in a comfy chair with an armrest? And probably have to position in an awkward way to avoid touching the buttons?

Thanks
They are pretty sensitive but your hand should not really be near the controls if you are reclined all the way back, so I think it's a very minor issue and only some of our online reviews even mention this, and when they do they say it's a tiny issue. I have tested the chairs, and I own our chairs and I don't hit them accidentally. You can also make them less sensitive by putting little stickers that dim them and make them less sensitive. If you are reclined all the way back you have to reach a bit to hit buttons as your arms would be towards the back of armrest. Most people actually like the position of the controls easy to find and easy to control the chair. Whereas if button on side of arm you can't see the controls and you can hit with your hip.

In conclusion, it's really not a biggie and if you find that you hit sometimes accidentally you can put the stickers on and the issue goes away.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Last edited by HTmarket; 02-24-2018 at 10:09 AM.
post #1523 of 2115 Old 02-24-2018, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They are pretty sensitive but your hand should not really be near the controls if your are reclined back, so I think it's a very minor issue and only some of our online reviews even mention this, and when they do they say it's a tiny issue. I have tested the chairs, and I own our chairs and I don't hit them accidentally. You can also make them less sensitive by putting little stickers that dim them and make them less sensitive. If you reclined back you have to reach out to hit buttons as your arms would be towards the back of armrest. Most people actually like the position of the controls easy to find and easy to control the chair. Whereas if button on side of arm you can't see the controls and you can hit with your hip.

In conclusion, it's really not a biggie and if you find that you hit sometimes accidentally you can put the stickers on and the issue goes away.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Thanks for the reply alan. Will the LightDims stickers you mentioned really make them less sensitive? i thought they were only to dim the lights?

thanks
post #1524 of 2115 Old 02-24-2018, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil0909 View Post
Thanks for the reply alan. Will the LightDims stickers you mentioned really make them less sensitive? i thought they were only to dim the lights?

thanks
They will do both, as the way controls work is heat from your finger, and if covered with sticker it won't pick up the heat as much as uncovered. If you are reclined all the way back even if you have your entire arm on armrest your not going to put your hand on the cupholder unless you want to hit the controls purposely, most people when they sit in a chair only put their elbows on the armrests anyway not their entire arm.

The positioning of the controls is really way down the list in selecting a theater seat, it won't be an issue. It's more about comfort, configuration, and other features like power recline, power headrest and sizing.

Regards,
Alan

Last edited by HTmarket; 02-24-2018 at 10:15 AM.
post #1525 of 2115 Old 02-24-2018, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They will do both, as the way controls work is heat from your finger, and if covered with sticker it won't pick up the heat as much as uncovered. If you are reclined all the way back even if you have your entire arm on armrest you won't reach the cupholder unless you want to, most people when they sit in a chair only put their elbows on the armrests anyway not their entire arm.

The positioning of the controls is really way down the list in selecting a theater seat, it won't be an issue. It's more about comfort, configuration, and other features like power recline, power headrest and sizing.

Regards,
Alan
Awesome thanks, that clears that up for me.
HTmarket likes this.
post #1526 of 2115 Old 02-25-2018, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Pembroke availability

Hi Alan,

I'm interested in some Pembrokes for my home theater, looking at a set of 4 in regular black, with the L configuration, row of 4 with center wedge. Would you have some of these in stock or am I looking at some long lead times?

Thanks
Guillermo
HTmarket likes this.
post #1527 of 2115 Old 02-26-2018, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memo_98 View Post
Hi Alan,

I'm interested in some Pembrokes for my home theater, looking at a set of 4 in regular black, with the L configuration, row of 4 with center wedge. Would you have some of these in stock or am I looking at some long lead times?

Thanks
Guillermo
We can do it 2 ways, we have in stock right now using 5301, 5341, 5201, 5201 config L. The chairs would go in that order, we only have 1 5301 left though, more coming end of march.

It would be best to order asap if you want it right away, if you don't need for a month then there is no worries as we have more coming end of next month. We do have all straight configs in stock for time being.

Regards,
Alan
post #1528 of 2115 Old 02-26-2018, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
We can do it 2 ways, we have in stock right now using 5301, 5341, 5201, 5201 config L. The chairs would go in that order, we only have 1 5301 left though, more coming end of march.

It would be best to order asap if you want it right away, if you don't need for a month then there is no worries as we have more coming end of next month. We do have all straight configs in stock for time being.

Regards,
Alan
Thanks for the reply, I'll be giving TJ a call today.
post #1529 of 2115 Old 02-26-2018, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hamilton question

Hello Alan,

I might be looking into your Hamilton seat recliner theatre seat. I was told it is good for lumbar support {my back is not the greatest my lower back}, good for also a bucket style type of a seat, exactly what I am looking for. I am 5'11" 195. I saw the demo of you describing the seat what is included and everything looks great on it. Do you know when or if it would go down in price to be a total of $700 and that includes everything shipping and tax included? I saw a deal you had with it taking off to $50 but then once tax got included it got it back up to $859. Hopefully it will go down to $700 for some kind of deal in the future as this seat looks really great for me. I would just be getting one seat. First I need to save up for it but after looking around all over online for other seats, that seat looks great for me.

It is good that it is genuine leather as well and not any of that bonded leather that most people seem to be doing now. How long can your chairs last hopefully for a long time? Are they built to last with good components in them etc?

I'm a movie buff and like to watch movies and tv shows. And sometimes I get into a binge and watch a lot of episodes of tv shows so would be nice to have a good comfortable chair for that
post #1530 of 2115 Old 02-26-2018, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanxke View Post
Hello Alan,

I might be looking into your Hamilton seat recliner theatre seat. I was told it is good for lumbar support {my back is not the greatest my lower back}, good for also a bucket style type of a seat, exactly what I am looking for. I am 5'11" 195. I saw the demo of you describing the seat what is included and everything looks great on it. Do you know when or if it would go down in price to be a total of $700 and that includes everything shipping and tax included? I saw a deal you had with it taking off to $50 but then once tax got included it got it back up to $859. Hopefully it will go down to $700 for some kind of deal in the future as this seat looks really great for me. I would just be getting one seat. First I need to save up for it but after looking around all over online for other seats, that seat looks great for me.

It is good that it is genuine leather as well and not any of that bonded leather that most people seem to be doing now. How long can your chairs last hopefully for a long time? Are they built to last with good components in them etc?

I'm a movie buff and like to watch movies and tv shows. And sometimes I get into a binge and watch a lot of episodes of tv shows so would be nice to have a good comfortable chair for that
I am also in IL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page