HT Design Theater Seating - Page 61 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 433Likes

post #1801 of 2426 Old 11-09-2018, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by becfc View Post
Thanks. I did not want to do in-wall speakers so I want to keep my option for a narrower three row so a speaker does not end up in someone's ear or get in the way. Starting to look into mounting the side up higher and angling it down.
What seats are looking at? what space do you have?

We have the new HT Design Sheffield be around 11/15.

We will be running some black friday stuff coming up soon.

Regards,
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 2426 Old 11-14-2018, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Updated Accessories List

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandaniella View Post
Alan. Do you sell any accessories that can be added to the ht seats where tray table attaches?
My wife is sold on this wine caddy that holds the wine glass
Or what about a Ipad Holder?
I wanted to take a moment to update this thread on HT Design Accessories List.

All our chairs come with a grommet or accessory port or stainless steel grommet, tray tables are included in the HT Design line all styles.

In addition, we have add on accessories that fit in the stainless steel grommet port and other ones that go on the chair.

Included with seat:
Tray Tables
Cupholder inserts to keep cupholder clean

Optional Accessories that fit in our Grommet:
Tablet Holder or Phone Holder Adjustable to fit any phone or tablet
Stainless Steel Wine Glass or Martini Glass Holder with magnetic bottom to stay in grommet
I Table this is an upgrade table that tilts

Other Optional Accessories:
Portable Armrests Black or Brown, great for loveseats
Universal Head Pillows Black or Brown with adjustable strap

New Accessory:
HT Design Cinema Themed throw blanket black background with filmstrip border and cinema design sewn in blanket
63" x 63"

Regards,
Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-13 05.58.52 (Large).jpg
Views:	77
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	2482516   Click image for larger version

Name:	ht-design-tablet-holder-22.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	2482518   Click image for larger version

Name:	tray-table-37.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	2482520   Click image for larger version

Name:	cupholder-insert-for-htdesign-led-cupholder-2 (1).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	2482522   Click image for larger version

Name:	wine-glass-holder-for-htdesign-theater-seating-28.gif.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	513.7 KB
ID:	2482528  

Name:	pillowbrown.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	2482530   Click image for larger version

Name:	portablearmrestsizesbrown.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2482532   Click image for larger version

Name:	itable.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	2482534  
Oklahomie and pkinneb like this.
post #1803 of 2426 Old 11-17-2018, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 18
hi all and Alan.

We live in South Carolina and after 14 months I finished building my home theatre room. We've seen saving some money for seating now but with two small kids in daycare it's tough.

Anyone with belmonts, pembrooks or sheffields within a reasonable drive of Columbia SC who would be willing to let a stranger visit and test these seats? Aka Atlanta, Charlotte, anywhere surrounding? Greenville, Charleston?

Last edited by Rhizzlebop; 11-17-2018 at 05:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1804 of 2426 Old 11-17-2018, 05:54 AM

The room I built is long and narrow with two elevated risers. It's 25' x 10'6" wide I have a 9" riser starting at 9' from screen that's 100" wide and 7' deep. Second riser starts 16' from screen and is 7' deep and 126" wide. There's one side aisle to get to the rear hence why the middle is 100" wider.

I'd like 4 seats in back and 3 in middle.

I am 6'3" and 240. My wife is 5'11" and slimmer.

We only have about $4000 to spend on seats but I also want to buy quality one time to last till our kids are grown. I know it's a conundrum.

How much cheaper is the fabric version. I don't wanna buy bonded leather. Been down that road with a sofa years ago.

Help appreciated.
post #1805 of 2426 Old 11-17-2018, 06:25 AM

Also I doubt you're willing to say but does your 10% off really end at Black Friday? We may need a little longer to pull together the funds for what we want but that's a significant amount of money when looking at 7 seats.
post #1806 of 2426 Old 11-18-2018, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I'm thinking about getting a Belmont row of 4 in double loveseat configuration due to space. How do the recline/headrest controls work for the two middle seats? Are they both on the middle headrest?

LG OLED65B7A + LG SL10YG | Hisense 50H6C + Sonos Beam | Samsung UN60H7150 + Yamaha YAS-207
Epson 5050UB | Denon AVR-X2200W | EMP Tek R55Ti/R56Ci/R5Bi | HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
Sony UBP-X800 | PS4 Slim | PS3 Slim
post #1807 of 2426 Old 11-19-2018, 06:05 AM

I called saturday morning and talked a bit with TJ. He was gonna send me an email but I never got it. I'll shoot one to your sales email address on your website and touch base.

He answered several questions.

I'm leaning towards the belmont because I feel like if I don't go and get the power headrests I will regret that later and wont be able to upgrade once the investment is spent.

My back row is 126" wide MAX"

My main middle row (my seat) is 100" wide. I MIGHT could squeeze 100.5" and so I'm wondering if I should do 3 separate chairs bumps against each other so that there are double arm rests for each?

Whereas the backrow, looking at a row of 4 seats which would leave my 7" of total extra space. I could also fit two sets of two seats in the back row which would give double armrests in the middle back so those seats wouldn't have to share a narrow armrest. Any thoughts on how that might look?

Let me attach a picture here of what my room looks like.

Would 3 separate chairs against each other with double arms and cup holders look weird or be more comfortable as our main seating spot? It would also give more flexibility for the chairs if we ever were in another house and the arrangement was different.

Also for the backrow, I considered downgrading that row to save some money. Which chair matches the belmont style but costs a lot less? Is it Warwick?

See pic, yea I know my room is quite narrow, but I'm super happy with how the hard work turned out and its the room I had to work with.

The furniture we have in there now kind of sucks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7762.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	820.0 KB
ID:	2484784   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7764.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	787.2 KB
ID:	2484786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7763.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	856.5 KB
ID:	2484788  

Last edited by Rhizzlebop; 11-19-2018 at 06:21 AM.
post #1808 of 2426 Old 11-19-2018, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 125
@HTmarket , how does the warranty program work? Do they reupholster the section? Replace it?

I’ve got my first tear on one of my chairs. My cat, in his infinite wisdom, totally botched jumping onto one of the chair arms and he tried to catch himself falling on the way down. The tear is more surface level, it didn’t cut all the way through, but it’s definitely there.

Also, can anyone offer any other suggestions on cleaning these leather chairs, outside of a damp cloth soaked in water? That doesn’t quite seem to be cutting it. My chairs still seem to look dirty afterwards.

This is my first leather furniture, so this is all new to me.
post #1809 of 2426 Old 11-20-2018, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I ordered on Nov 6th hoping to get the seats before Thanksgiving. I was told by TJ they would ship the following day. They didn't. They shipped a week later. I still haven't gotten the seats because I decided to get the "White Glove Delivery". Big mistake. They have been sitting at the "delivery agent" for a week now and no contact or schedule of when they will arrive. My advise - get them delivered to your house and then YOU pay someone to help move them inside.

UPDATE: TJ gave me the contact info for the delivery company since they didn't call me back like they said they would when he checked on Friday... Soonest they could schedule was a week from Wed. No chairs for Thanksgiving.

Last edited by JamesAckermam; 11-20-2018 at 08:42 AM.
post #1810 of 2426 Old 11-21-2018, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Alan,

Just in the market now and need space-saving. Talked to Tom and got a price on Belmont's that seem to fit the need. I'm curious about the cupholder comments and just wondering if that new design ever happened from Raffel. It's not a deal-breaker in any way, just nice to know.
post #1811 of 2426 Old 11-25-2018, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well I know it has been busy and I hope TJ and Alan can get me in on the discount deals. I've been patiently waiting for them to get back with me. Wanting to order Brown but I guess since I am not on the Black leather Pembroke bus I cant apply any discounts they offer. Hopefully we can work something out Because $185 off helps me buy a center channel

JMG

Last edited by JMG_TX; 11-25-2018 at 07:32 PM.
post #1812 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop View Post
Also I doubt you're willing to say but does your 10% off really end at Black Friday? We may need a little longer to pull together the funds for what we want but that's a significant amount of money when looking at 7 seats.
Sorry was out of town for holidays and stuck in philly airport trying to get back to chitown with blizzard. We are extending sale.

I know we have customers in your area but may be hard to track down individuals....

Let me check other post about budget and reply shortly.

Alan
post #1813 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The room I built is long and narrow with two elevated risers. It's 25' x 10'6" wide I have a 9" riser starting at 9' from screen that's 100" wide and 7' deep. Second riser starts 16' from screen and is 7' deep and 126" wide. There's one side aisle to get to the rear hence why the middle is 100" wider.

I'd like 4 seats in back and 3 in middle.

I am 6'3" and 240. My wife is 5'11" and slimmer.

We only have about $4000 to spend on seats but I also want to buy quality one time to last till our kids are grown. I know it's a conundrum.

How much cheaper is the fabric version. I don't wanna buy bonded leather. Been down that road with a sofa years ago.

Help appreciated.
I would look at warwicks in leather, we might be able to special order fabric but may cost about same.

Regards
Alan
post #1814 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG_TX View Post
Well I know it has been busy and I hope TJ and Alan can get me in on the discount deals. I've been patiently waiting for them to get back with me. Wanting to order Brown but I guess since I am not on the Black leather Pembroke bus I cant apply any discounts they offer. Hopefully we can work something out Because $185 off helps me buy a center channel

JMG
Call Tom or TJ I am stuck in philly airport, we had blizzard in chicago, or send emaii to [email protected]

Its very busy but give them a call.

Brown pembroke special order could be surcharge as tariffs hit Jan 1,

Regards,
Alan
post #1815 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
Alan,

Just in the market now and need space-saving. Talked to Tom and got a price on Belmont's that seem to fit the need. I'm curious about the cupholder comments and just wondering if that new design ever happened from Raffel. It's not a deal-breaker in any way, just nice to know.
The current cupholders are fine most people never have any issues with design, many people like them as it has the inserts that go inside and convenient location of controls. its mostly nitpicking by a few on sensitivity as overall comfort and quality of our chairs is excellent. We have new style sheffield power headrest etc with the new cupholder.

Regards,
Alan
post #1816 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAckermam View Post
I ordered on Nov 6th hoping to get the seats before Thanksgiving. I was told by TJ they would ship the following day. They didn't. They shipped a week later. I still haven't gotten the seats because I decided to get the "White Glove Delivery". Big mistake. They have been sitting at the "delivery agent" for a week now and no contact or schedule of when they will arrive. My advise - get them delivered to your house and then YOU pay someone to help move them inside.

UPDATE: TJ gave me the contact info for the delivery company since they didn't call me back like they said they would when he checked on Friday... Soonest they could schedule was a week from Wed. No chairs for Thanksgiving.
Sorry my apologies the white glove while convenient is slower and agents are slammed busy this time of year. October was way less busy it seems that everybody waited to order for the holidays.

I would be glad to throw you a free tablet holder for trouble just email us.

Regards,
Alan
post #1817 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieroro View Post
I'm thinking about getting a Belmont row of 4 in double loveseat configuration due to space. How do the recline/headrest controls work for the two middle seats? Are they both on the middle headrest?
3 chairs have the controls on cupholder, 1 chair on cushion between seat.

Chairs used are 5301,5201,5401,5201

The 5401 is armless.

Regards,
Alan
post #1818 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Lushious View Post
@HTmarket , how does the warranty program work? Do they reupholster the section? Replace it?

I’ve got my first tear on one of my chairs. My cat, in his infinite wisdom, totally botched jumping onto one of the chair arms and he tried to catch himself falling on the way down. The tear is more surface level, it didn’t cut all the way through, but it’s definitely there.

Also, can anyone offer any other suggestions on cleaning these leather chairs, outside of a damp cloth soaked in water? That doesn’t quite seem to be cutting it. My chairs still seem to look dirty afterwards.

This is my first leather furniture, so this is all new to me.
Do you have factory warranty or extended warranty?

I would call our office or email [email protected]

You might just get a touch up kit for this issue.

Regards,
Alan
post #1819 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Smile

Quote:
I called saturday morning and talked a bit with TJ. He was gonna send me an email but I never got it. I'll shoot one to your sales email address on your website and touch base.

He answered several questions.

I'm leaning towards the belmont because I feel like if I don't go and get the power headrests I will regret that later and wont be able to upgrade once the investment is spent.

My back row is 126" wide MAX"

My main middle row (my seat) is 100" wide. I MIGHT could squeeze 100.5" and so I'm wondering if I should do 3 separate chairs bumps against each other so that there are double arm rests for each?

Whereas the backrow, looking at a row of 4 seats which would leave my 7" of total extra space. I could also fit two sets of two seats in the back row which would give double armrests in the middle back so those seats wouldn't have to share a narrow armrest. Any thoughts on how that might look?

Let me attach a picture here of what my room looks like.

Would 3 separate chairs against each other with double arms and cup holders look weird or be more comfortable as our main seating spot? It would also give more flexibility for the chairs if we ever were in another house and the arrangement was different.

Also for the backrow, I considered downgrading that row to save some money. Which chair matches the belmont style but costs a lot less? Is it Warwick?

See pic, yea I know my room is quite narrow, but I'm super happy with how the hard work turned out and its the room I had to work with.

The furniture we have in there now kind of sucks.

Your on the right track, sorry been out of town.

I would not do individual chairs does not look great. I would design the seating for current room.

I would do row of 4 in back and row of 3 in front with no separate 2 arm chairs.

Your right on with doing warwick in back row and belmont in first row.

They look the same just belmont has powered headrest.

Regards,
Alan

ps: feel free to email [email protected] or call office I am stuck in philly airport, tried to get out sunday
post #1820 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2465 Post(s)
Liked: 1765
Quote:
hi all and Alan.

We live in South Carolina and after 14 months I finished building my home theatre room. We've seen saving some money for seating now but with two small kids in daycare it's tough.

Anyone with belmonts, pembrooks or sheffields within a reasonable drive of Columbia SC who would be willing to let a stranger visit and test these seats? Aka Atlanta, Charlotte, anywhere surrounding? Greenville, Charleston?
Good to see a local AVSer! I'm in Charlotte. I do not have any HT seating currently but I'm hoping you would get yours so I can test yours. LOL I also have same width constrants since my rear wall is 10 feet max. Looking forward to see what you go with.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120" screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M | Funk Audio 18.0L (2), 21.0LX (2 coming soon) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson Tech MAs | Surgex XR 315 | CyberPower UPS | GIK room treatments

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8 |
post #1821 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Good to see a local AVSer! I'm in Charlotte. I do not have any HT seating currently but I'm hoping you would get yours so I can test yours. LOL I also have same width constrants since my rear wall is 10 feet max. Looking forward to see what you go with.

Hey there fellow AVS buddy! Thanks for saying Hi. You trying to make me your $$$$ guinepig! LOL. JK.
I did pull the trigger with Alan (Tom actually) on 7 belmonts. TJ went cold on me and when he finally responded missed most questions in the email. Tom left nothing to be desired from a customer service standpoint however. It pained me greatly as that is a LOT to spend at one time and I tried very hard to figure a way to test out and sit in some theater seats before ordering but there was just nothing around here. I called a couple businesses around here that build and design AV rooms and they said they didn't know of anywhere and said they leave seating to their clients to get. Said most of their customers were millionaires and ordered good stuff somewhere. I'm not one of those, and built on sweat, coupons, and determination.

I'm in the Irmo area just west of Columbia so about 1.5 hours from Charlotte. I'm loosely hoping to get my seats about the second week of December, but that wasn't promised or anything. Hopefully they ship first week, and I figure several more days travel and delivery schedule and prob a few more days before I get things setup.

Once its in there, sure you can come down for a visit and checkout the room and seating!

Have you put your room together yet or still planning or mid build?
post #1822 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 11:49 AM

Side topic, I'm PONDERING adding some seat shaking to these seats. I originally didn't realize these type seats would be all separate and so I dropped 2 speaker wires behind each seating row through the floor with the idea I could put 1 shaker on each wire.

It seems like I would ultimately need 7 shakers for 7 seats since they are not physically connected right?

At this point, I may get 2 shakers for Christmas from relatives and if so I need some kind of amp and not sure if I wire two on 1 set of speaker wires in series, or one for each?

I'm looking at some MQB-1 earthquake units from amazon that I read about on another thread here on AVS. It was a recommended there,a nuk1000 amp and a line cleaner(??) I don't know if that earthquake is 8 ohms, or 4 ohms, or what that amp is and how best to wire it. My Denon X4300 has 2 sub outputs, and I already have one extra 2 channel amp up front for ceiling atmos becasue my receiver only did 9 channels output powered, but 11 channels total.

Any general help or clarity on how to set these up best?

I could also try and mount sometime to my riser, I can crawl underneath my higher riser in the back and MAYBE get something screwed to ther ear face of my lower riser from underneath the high riser. To clarify that, my back riser is 18" high, front riser is 9" high. If its a better solution, I could try to slide under my high one, and screw a shaker to the back face of my 9" riser from underneath the 18".

Thoughts?

Last edited by Rhizzlebop; 11-26-2018 at 12:09 PM.
post #1823 of 2426 Old 11-26-2018, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey there fellow AVS buddy! Thanks for saying Hi. You trying to make me your $$$$ guinepig! LOL. JK.
I did pull the trigger with Alan (Tom actually) on 7 belmonts. TJ went cold on me and when he finally responded missed most questions in the email. Tom left nothing to be desired from a customer service standpoint however. It pained me greatly as that is a LOT to spend at one time and I tried very hard to figure a way to test out and sit in some theater seats before ordering but there was just nothing around here. I called a couple businesses around here that build and design AV rooms and they said they didn't know of anywhere and said they leave seating to their clients to get. Said most of their customers were millionaires and ordered good stuff somewhere. I'm not one of those, and built on sweat, coupons, and determination.

I'm in the Irmo area just west of Columbia so about 1.5 hours from Charlotte. I'm loosely hoping to get my seats about the second week of December, but that wasn't promised or anything. Hopefully they ship first week, and I figure several more days travel and delivery schedule and prob a few more days before I get things setup.

Once its in there, sure you can come down for a visit and checkout the room and seating!

Have you put your room together yet or still planning or mid build?

My room is done, its not a dedicated theater room but more of theater in living room that is open to the kitchen and everything else. Oh wait...its not done....got another funk sub coming in and more acoustic panels when funds allow. But as far as speakers/seating, etc its done. lol

Quote:
Side topic, I'm PONDERING adding some seat shaking to these seats. I originally didn't realize these type seats would be all separate and so I dropped 2 speaker wires behind each seating row through the floor with the idea I could put 1 shaker on each wire.

It seems like I would ultimately need 7 shakers for 7 seats since they are not physically connected right?

At this point, I may get 2 shakers for Christmas from relatives and if so I need some kind of amp and not sure if I wire two on 1 set of speaker wires in series, or one for each?

I'm looking at some MBQ-1 earthquake units from amazon that I read about on another thread here on AVS. It was a recommended there,a nuk1000 amp and a line cleaner(??) I don't know if that earthquake is 8 ohms, or 4 ohms, or what that amp is and how best to wire it. <y Denon X4300 has 2 sub outputs, and I already have one extra 2 channel amp up front for ceiling atmos becasue my receiver only did 9 channels output powered, but 11 channels total.

Any general help or clarity on how to set these up best?

I could also try and mount sometime to my riser, I can crawl underneath my higher riser in the back and MAYBE get something screwed to ther ear face of my lower riser from underneath the high riser. To clarify that, my back riser is 18" high, front riser is 9" high. If its a better solution, I could try to slide under my high one, and screw a shaker to the back face of my 9" riser from underneath the 18".

Thoughts?

I did a lot of research on shakers and I ultimately decided on crowson actuators and LOVE them! You just put them under your seat leg (check out crowsontech.com). They really move your couch and feel like subs and don't make any mechanical noises that buttkickers and others do. Little pricey but its so worth it. You are more than welcome to check them out. I'm on concrete flooring and these are a must have in my theater!

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120" screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M | Funk Audio 18.0L (2), 21.0LX (2 coming soon) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson Tech MAs | Surgex XR 315 | CyberPower UPS | GIK room treatments

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8 |
post #1824 of 2426 Old 11-27-2018, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
My room is done, its not a dedicated theater room but more of theater in living room that is open to the kitchen and everything else. Oh wait...its not done....got another funk sub coming in and more acoustic panels when funds allow. But as far as speakers/seating, etc its done. lol

I did a lot of research on shakers and I ultimately decided on crowson actuators and LOVE them! You just put them under your seat leg (check out crowsontech.com). They really move your couch and feel like subs and don't make any mechanical noises that buttkickers and others do. Little pricey but its so worth it. You are more than welcome to check them out. I'm on concrete flooring and these are a must have in my theater!
Crowson is definitely out of my budget.

I love the MQB-1 as everyone speaks highly, but 7 of those (1 each seat) is out of my budget.

I think my budget is either a couple MQB-1 on my riser, or Aura under each seat as they are only $40 each. I can buy 4 for the price of one MQB-1.

Not sure how I would wire 7 of them to am amp though. nor 3 as either is an odd number to deal with.
post #1825 of 2426 Old 11-28-2018, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I did pull the trigger with Alan (Tom actually) on 7 belmonts.
Thanks for the order be sure to post photos and comments after receipt, we will monitor progress of inbound shipment, keep in touch with Tom.

Regards,
Alan
post #1826 of 2426 Old 11-28-2018, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Crowson is definitely out of my budget.

I love the MQB-1 as everyone speaks highly, but 7 of those (1 each seat) is out of my budget.

I think my budget is either a couple MQB-1 on my riser, or Aura under each seat as they are only $40 each. I can buy 4 for the price of one MQB-1.

Not sure how I would wire 7 of them to am amp though. nor 3 as either is an odd number to deal with.
You don't need one crowson actuator per leg though. Just one leg (arm rest side) shared by 2 seats is noticeable. Lets assume your chair config is row of 4 seats. Just 2 of them is noticeable. Keep your eye out....you might find used ones in classifieds. Also you can tell crowson that you are AVS member and will get 10% off. Then you can add more actuators as you see fit if needed.

As far as wiring it depends on what amp you buy. Some people use inuke to drive the actuators. But if you do go with Crowson amp they recommend no more than 4 actuators wired to the amp. So you could run 1, 2, 3 or 4 actuators on one amp. And then expand if necessary. I know its pricey.....but man I can't tell they are under me and feels like its coming out of my subs. If you ever want a demo, feel free to let me know if you're near Charlotte.

I haven't heard the MQB-1 so can't comment on that.

post #1827 of 2426 Old 11-28-2018, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Got them today. Worth the wait. The electric headrest is a must.

Guys if you are on the fence, the Pembrokes are great. The leather is soft, the chair moves smoothly. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8126.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	2488636  
HTmarket likes this.

Last edited by JamesAckermam; 11-28-2018 at 02:16 PM.
post #1828 of 2426 Old 11-28-2018, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I received my Southamptons the other day. Very impressed with the chairs,build quality on these chairs is outstanding and they are very comfortable! Tom answered all my questions and the ship time was really fast!!
HTmarket likes this.
post #1829 of 2426 Old 11-28-2018, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Highly recommend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20181126_173118-1008x756_1543456879083.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	2488742   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181126_173214-1008x756_1543456904155.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	2488744  
HTmarket likes this.
post #1830 of 2426 Old 11-29-2018, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAckermam View Post
Got them today. Worth the wait. The electric headrest is a must.

Guys if you are on the fence, the Pembrokes are great. The leather is soft, the chair moves smoothly. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I'm excited to get my Belmonts. Not sure whats different between the Pembroke and the Belmont. I know mine are the narrow spacesaver series so that might be it.
Power headrest seemed like a must for my room. 7 seats was a hard pill to swallow this close to Christmas time, but its done, and I hope within 2 weeks I'll be responding here with how awesome they are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page