AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Theater Room Items & Accessories (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-theater-room-items-accessories/)
-   -   GDC TicketMaker app (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-theater-room-items-accessories/2161041-gdc-ticketmaker-app.html)

meyer64 11-23-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa91899 (Post 38710905)
Hey guys, I am having a problem in that when i try to update the date (either Showtime right or the Date-Day, Date-Month).

Either one that I update, once I update it and it refreshes in the preview, it changes the other one back to todays date...

Any thoughts on how to overcome this?

Also, the one time that I got both date areas to display the correct date, I saved it. Now when I print it, the printed version says todays date even though the preview is showing the date I set...

One last thing...

I chose to increment the ticket numbers. I chose 5 tickets per page. When I print using batch print all pages have the same ticket number...

The program is a life saver as trying to edit this all by hand would take a long time!

Are you manually changing the text value for the date fields? If so, that might be your problem. In the template that's included, the elements are bound to the showtime you choose in the drop down right under the preview. If you manually change the text any of the data bound elements, it will just get changed back to the bound showtime date the next time the ticket graphic is generated, which it does for each one printed. Just change the showtime to the date/time you want and it will update and fields bound to it on its own.

When you save the ticket layout it doesn't remove any of the data bindings, such as the showtime. the idea is that you can reuse the layout for any movie you want. If you pick the date from the showtime drop down, thats what it will use when the tickets are generated for printing.

Not sure on your batch printing issue though... if you set a field as incremental it should bump it up by one, each time a new ticket is generated.

I am working on several improvements this week that will improve the rendering speed, some enhancements to the field binding, much better printing support, and bug fixes. Hopefully I'll have it out by next Monday.

dRwOOD73 11-23-2015 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd share a just for kicks ticket I made for the Thanksgiving day night game I will be hosting.. ;)

This is a great lil program.. especially if your friends & family appreciate the novelty and effort..

meyer64 11-23-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dRwOOD73 (Post 39153266)
Thought I'd share a just for kicks ticket I made for the Thanksgiving day night game I will be hosting.. ;)

This is a great lil program.. especially if your friends & family appreciate the novelty and effort..

Well it looks good. But, being a cheesehead myself I'm afraid I can't endorse it..... ;)

dRwOOD73 11-23-2015 08:59 AM

LOL.. It's on!!

I must say, I did enjoy your teams losing streak - although my Bears may have just started one of their own ;)

davisnub 04-08-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dRwOOD73 (Post 39153266)

that's awesome! i'd love to make one of those for a simple sunday afternoon

HoosierFan 04-20-2016 10:15 PM

I just came upon this thread. This is really cool! I would like to do something like this for a cool way for our kids to invite their friends.

I was playing around with it a little bit and printed off a sample. Looking at the Avery ticket paper it says they are 5.5", but the printed ticket I made was just a little under 6" long. Did I do it right? Is it possible to change that?

PTAaron 05-10-2016 06:30 AM

I made tickets for my upcoming Deadpool viewing party - and found a fun use for the image file:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8ed981e0f9.jpg

It looks pretty darn good on the 40" TV next to the entrance!

Thanks for the awesome program!

davisnub 07-30-2016 03:13 PM

does anyone have a 4k logo that fits in with the default scheme?

samcat 09-07-2016 10:31 AM

Update to version 2 ???

Brent,

It's been quite a while since I posted to your ticket maker app... Looking back, its almost a year now... Life's gotten in the way and keeping me way too busy...

Now that I'm back in the saddle, so to speak, I've been revisiting your thread to see if there were any new updates to your software.
Way back on 11-3-2015 you were working on adding support for configurable print layouts to support pretty much any kind of ticket stock.
Right now, printing does not work as well as I'd hoped it would...
Instead of ticket stock like the Avery Labels, I finally decided on using 4x6 photo paper which can be used in just about any inkjet printer and would give me 2 very high quality prints without wasting a lot of paper.

Do you have an update that includes the 2-up (4x6) option, or is it possible to provide one? This would make your ticketing app work with just about any inkjet or photo printer around.

I'd be happy to test drive the app again and give feed back like I did the last time.

Thanks,

Samcat

meyer64 09-07-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samcat (Post 46615857)
Brent,

It's been quite a while since I posted to your ticket maker app... Looking back, its almost a year now... Life's gotten in the way and keeping me way too busy...

Now that I'm back in the saddle, so to speak, I've been revisiting your thread to see if there were any new updates to your software.
Way back on 11-3-2015 you were working on adding support for configurable print layouts to support pretty much any kind of ticket stock.
Instead of ticket stock like the Avery Labels, I finally decided on using 4x6 photo paper which can be used in just about any inkjet printer and would give me 2 very high quality prints without wasting a lot of paper.

Do you have an update that includes the 2-up (4x6) option, or is it possible to provide one? This would make your ticketing app work with just about any inkjet or photo printer around.

I'd be happy to test drive the app again and give feed back like I did the last time.

Thanks,

Samcat

I'll try to find some time to revisit it. It has been a while since I've done anything on this project. But as I recall, the layout engine was finished so layouts can be created and loaded for any type of ticket stock. But I had an issue with performance of rendering multiple tickets in sequence, so I was going to redo the rendering and printing engine, but I never finished it. When I get home I'll either post or send you my last development build if you want to play with it, just remember that there are some known performance problems when rendering full pages of tickets.

meyer64 09-28-2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samcat (Post 46615857)
Brent,

Thanks,

Samcat

Samcat, I've been working in the TicketMaker app a fair amount the past few days fixing bugs, adding a few new features, and just generally polishing it off. Are you still up to do some testing? I should have it ready to go in the next day or two.

If anyone else has ideas for ticket templates feel free to send them to me, even if it just a ms paint sketch of the concept.

davisnub 09-29-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meyer64 (Post 47099449)
Samcat, I've been working in the TicketMaker app a fair amount the past few days fixing bugs, adding a few new features, and just generally polishing it off. Are you still up to do some testing? I should have it ready to go in the next day or two.

If anyone else has ideas for ticket templates feel free to send them to me, even if it just a ms paint sketch of the concept.

I don't have one but an interesting template could be sporting events.

samcat 10-03-2016 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meyer64 (Post 47099449)

Absolutely!!! I'd be happy to test for you.

Samcat

meyer64 10-06-2016 02:07 PM

@samcat
Quote:

Originally Posted by samcat (Post 47214113)
Absolutely!!! I'd be happy to test for you.

Samcat

I sent you a PM. Thanks your your time in testing the newest additions.

Once samcat has reported back on any issues (or lack thereof) I'll post a public build.
Other than bug fixes and some minor performance improvements, notable additions will include:
- Configurable printing layouts: Several are included for common ticket stock sizes. But you can also make your own, or copy and modify and existing layout.
- Improved ticket editor: Among other things, the editor now includes an optional grid overlay, with the option to 'snap' ticket elements to the grid and / or other elements when moving and resizing. This makes creating and editing ticket designs MUCH easier.
- Option to represent a text value as a linear code128 barcode (in addition to the existing QR codes) which are scanable by most off the shelf barcode scanners and smartphone apps.
- .ticx files can now be associated with TicketMaker, so you can just double click an existing ticket file and it will open right up in TicketMaker.

I have included a registration system with this version. I do enjoy writing programs like this, but it isn't free for me to do, so like my MoviePoster application, I plan to support development through user's donations. The program can still be used completely free, tickets just have a watermark when they are printed from an unregistered installation.

If anyone has any last minute feature requests or ticket design ideas, now is the time to let me know in order for them to be considered for this build.

samcat 10-06-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meyer64 (Post 47299321)
@samcat

I sent you a PM. Thanks your your time in testing the newest additions.

Once samcat has reported back on any issues (or lack thereof) I'll post a public build.
Other than bug fixes and some minor performance improvements, notable additions will include:
- Configurable printing layouts: Several are included for common ticket stock sizes. But you can also make your own, or copy and modify and existing layout.
- Improved ticket editor: Among other things, the editor now includes an optional grid overlay, with the option to 'snap' ticket elements to the grid and / or other elements when moving and resizing. This makes creating and editing ticket designs MUCH easier.
- Option to represent a text value as a linear code128 barcode (in addition to the existing QR codes) which are scanable by most off the shelf barcode scanners and smartphone apps.
- .ticx files can now be associated with TicketMaker, so you can just double click an existing ticket file and it will open right up in TicketMaker.

I have included a registration system with this version. I do enjoy writing programs like this, but it isn't free for me to do, so like my MoviePoster application, I plan to support development through user's donations. The program can still be used completely free, tickets just have a watermark when they are printed from an unregistered installation.

If anyone has any last minute feature requests or ticket design ideas, now is the time to let me know in order for them to be considered for this build.

Meyer64

Sent you a PM

samcat

meyer64 10-10-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davisnub (Post 47140201)
I don't have one but an interesting template could be sporting events.

I whipped up a couple templates today. I'm open to other suggestions. I'll post the .ticx files for these with the next public build. You would need to manually edit the team names and logos and such though since there is no integration for automatically fetching that info like there is for movies. I just used imaged off the NFL website for these.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...pshsekgctd.png

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...pslcggcpo4.png

davisnub 10-11-2016 11:24 AM

wow, looks awesome! thank you

Mediaman98 10-11-2016 06:53 PM

Loving this app so far! Thanks for your efforts. For printing which would be the better route:

Avery 16154 Ticket stock
Photo paper
5 Up 1 Stub.

I have an HP Officejet - color laser printer.

I'm really loving the football templates! Can't wait to see/use those as I like to watch some games on the big screen.

*wish list - I'm a huge hockey fan - so a hockey template would be much appreciated as well!

Thank you!!:)

meyer64 10-12-2016 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaman98 (Post 47413353)
Loving this app so far! Thanks for your efforts. For printing which would be the better route:

Avery 16154 Ticket stock
Photo paper
5 Up 1 Stub.

I have an HP Officejet - color laser printer.

I'm really loving the football templates! Can't wait to see/use those as I like to watch some games on the big screen.

*wish list - I'm a huge hockey fan - so a hockey template would be much appreciated as well!

Thank you!!:)

The biggest problem with the Avery 16154 ticket stock is that many printers don't do edge to edge printing, especially laser printers. So you might end up with some white space on the edge of your tickets.
My preference is the 5-up, 1 stub paper from perforatedpaperonline. They work well in my HP Color Laserjet. Each ticket is 2x6" so you can punch them apart into groups of 2 and run them through a 4x6 photo printer as well.
Photo paper would work fine if you plan to cut apart the tickets instead of using perforated paper.

I know next to nothing about Hockey, but it would be easy to change out the images on the NFL template, if that would work for you. I made up with that template in about 5 minutes, mostly just to give an example of what can be done. With the new editor features I'm working on its much easier to create your own designs than it was before. My hope is that some people will create and share more templates over time.

Misery4eva 10-14-2016 07:28 AM

GREAT program!

Quick question: When I download the movie information to make the ticket, I don't get the movie name in the middle that I see in everyone else's pics (between the theater name & the date/time).

Do I have to get a 'banner' pic of the movie name from the net to fit in there?

Also, I agree that an "Undo" feature would be very helpful.

meyer64 10-14-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misery4eva (Post 47471777)
GREAT program!

Quick question: When I download the movie information to make the ticket, I don't get the movie name in the middle that I see in everyone else's pics (between the theater name & the date/time).

Do I have to get a 'banner' pic of the movie name from the net to fit in there?

Also, I agree that an "Undo" feature would be very helpful.

The movie logo should be populated automatically, as long as that element has the 'logo' binding set. However, it is possible that the logo image wasn't found or doesn't exist for a particular movie. If it doesn't auto populate, you certainly can find an image on your own and add it to that element. Its best if its a png image with a transparent background. Or you could change the binding to 'Title' and it will just fill in that space with the movie title text. Which movie were you trying to make a ticket for?

The ability to undo previous changes has been added to version 1.2.0.0 that samcat is currently testing for me.

dRwOOD73 10-14-2016 11:50 AM

FYI - Most of the movies I've tinkered around with don't auto-populate that middle movie field...no biggie, like meyer64 said - a little google and you can find a variety to choose from. ;)

Nosferatu 10-18-2016 11:24 AM

Pretty nifty application! :cool:

iconrl 10-20-2016 01:00 PM

Loving this program so far. Maybe I missed it in the thread, but I can't seem to find where to set the print layouts.
I have the Avery tickets, but can't seem to get it set to print. I'm sure it's obvious, I just don't see it.

meyer64 10-20-2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iconrl (Post 47613177)
Loving this program so far. Maybe I missed it in the thread, but I can't seem to find where to set the print layouts.
I have the Avery tickets, but can't seem to get it set to print. I'm sure it's obvious, I just don't see it.

Customizable print layouts are a new feature for version 1.2 that's currently in the testing phase. Several bugs have already been squashed and the latest build is looking pretty good. I'll probably post a public build in the next few days.

iconrl 10-20-2016 01:10 PM

Awesome and thanks.
We're watching a movie this Saturday and I was going to throw some tickets together. I'll see if I can make something work for now.
Very cool program, and thanks again.

meyer64 10-20-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iconrl (Post 47613497)
Awesome and thanks.
We're watching a movie this Saturday and I was going to throw some tickets together. I'll see if I can make something work for now.
Very cool program, and thanks again.

There's a reasonable chance I'll have public build ready by then. I'm going to make up a demo video (probably tonight) going through the editor features. If I don't stumble across any more issues I'll make an installer, pack it up and post the links.

iconrl 10-20-2016 01:19 PM

Sounds good. I sent a small donation to say thanks!

Misery4eva 10-23-2016 09:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Bought the Avery 16154 tickets. I've resorted to saving my tickets as png files; then using the Avery ticket printing online feature, importing my ticket png image there, using their sequential number feature to add to my pre-made design (matching text color); then printing. comes out good enough for me; i really didnt want to waste the ticket paper so I played it safe by using the Avery print feature. Besides, I couldn't get the program to print 10 tickets when the print preview opened....no biggie.

Again, GREAT program....sent you another donation a few days ago meyer.

See pics below: original png of the ticket I created, then a pic of the output from the Avery print feature (for the added sequential numbers). Gearing up for my Halloween showing!!!

meyer64 10-23-2016 04:25 PM

I've packaged up version 1.2.0.2 of TicketMaker. Most of the bugs should be worked out now. Although, I've only tested it on a few systems. If you come across any issues, please let me know. Most of the pending feature requests have also been addressed. As always feature requests and suggestions are always welcome. Be sure that you have the Microsoft .Net framework 4.5 or later installed prior to running the program.

Download here:
movieposterapp.com/Downloads/TicketMaker/TicketMaker_1.2.0.2_Setup.msi

Some sample templates:
movieposterapp.com/Downloads/TicketMaker/Sample_Layouts.zip

A brief demo video:
Thanks again for your support!