Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #91 of 102 Old 06-07-2017, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Didn't read every post. Is there a Mac version? Looks great, BTW. Nice job!

Bud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 102 Old 06-12-2017, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 325
post #93 of 102 Old 01-23-2018, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
As I mentioned previously, I've been working on adding support for user definable fields. I made some pretty good progress last night and made up a video of the new feature in action. I still have a little bit of polishing to do before its ready for release though. I think those of you who like to make tickets for sporting events will really like this....

https://youtu.be/UpKODfX06SE

if you want to look at the formatting of the csv file used in this example, its available as a google sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HB0/edit#gid=0

Was this ever released for choosing games? Was hoping to make one for the Superbowl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 102 Old 01-23-2018, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMMACE View Post
Was this ever released for choosing games? Was hoping to make one for the Superbowl.
I honestly don't recall which version was the last release. I'll take a look at it tonight. Even without that, you could still set the images and text manually. In either case, I (or someone) will need to make up the data sheet to import the games. I was actually thinking about that a few days ago. The functionality is good, but needing to make up a sheet with the schedule each season is a lot to maintain year to year. I might need to make a way to just import team lists without a set schedule.
post #95 of 102 Old 01-23-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I honestly don't recall which version was the last release. I'll take a look at it tonight. Even without that, you could still set the images and text manually. In either case, I (or someone) will need to make up the data sheet to import the games. I was actually thinking about that a few days ago. The functionality is good, but needing to make up a sheet with the schedule each season is a lot to maintain year to year. I might need to make a way to just import team lists without a set schedule.
Thanks! I don't think the .ticx for games was ever released. I only see the GDC one. Latest version I see available is 1.3.0.0. You think I can still make it manually without the proper .ticx layout?
post #96 of 102 Old 01-23-2018, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks! I don't think the .ticx for games was ever released. I only see the GDC one. Latest version I see available is 1.3.0.0. You think I can still make it manually without the proper .ticx layout?
Here is my latest dev build, ver 1.4.0.0. I don't recall what's all been added since the last release or what may be broken. There is no installer with this, just run "Great Dane Cinema TicketMaker.exe" in the Application folder. I've also included some additional ticket layout samples (.ticx) Including one I made up quick for Superbowl LII. There is also a sample folder with sample custom binding .csv files if anyone wanted to use them as a template to make your own.

Download Here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Superbowl LII.png
Views:	48
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2350268  
post #97 of 102 Old 01-23-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Here is my latest dev build, ver 1.4.0.0. I don't recall what's all been added since the last release or what may be broken. There is no installer with this, just run "Great Dane Cinema TicketMaker.exe" in the Application folder. I've also included some additional ticket layout samples (.ticx) Including one I made up quick for Superbowl LII. There is also a sample folder with sample custom binding .csv files if anyone wanted to use them as a template to make your own.

Download Here
Looks awesome! Thanks!
post #98 of 102 Old 01-23-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:

Download Here
Are the spreadsheets sourced automatically or you have to populate each field?
post #99 of 102 Old 01-23-2018, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are the spreadsheets sourced automatically or you have to populate each field?
I know its not documented. I'll have to write up some proper instructions or make a video. The custom bindings can be used for anything you want really, The included examples just happen to be for sporting events. Basically you just need a csv in the right format. For each column the top 3 rows are used to define the binding. The top row is the internal field binding identifier. These must be UserField_01 and up to UserField_20. The second row defines the datatype, either String, Datetime, or ImageURL. The third row is a description of the data, this can be anything and just makes it easier to tell whats what when binding to elements in the layout. Each row below that corresponds to the data for biding to a single selection, in this case all the details for a particular game.

Its mostly a manual process to create the csv. I used a few Google Sheets to generate the files. These have old schedules, but also contain tabs with the team logos that I use to populate the main schedule, so they could be updated with new schedules fairly easily if you're good with a spreadsheet.

NFL
NBA
NHL

Once you have a csv you can import them as a custom binding using the File -> Import Custom Bindings menu. Then you can bind any ticket element to a custom binding value that's defined in the csv. After the custom binding file is imported to a ticket layout its saved as part of the .ticx file so you can simply select a new game form the drop down by the showtime field and click make ticket to generate a ticket for a particular game.

I hope that makes some sense. I'l write up a guide at some point.
post #100 of 102 Old 01-23-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I know its not documented. I'll have to write up some proper instructions or make a video. The custom bindings can be used for anything you want really, The included examples just happen to be for sporting events. Basically you just need a csv in the right format. For each column the top 3 rows are used to define the binding. The top row is the internal field binding identifier. These must be UserField_01 and up to UserField_20. The second row defines the datatype, either String, Datetime, or ImageURL. The third row is a description of the data, this can be anything and just makes it easier to tell whats what when binding to elements in the layout. Each row below that corresponds to the data for biding to a single selection, in this case all the details for a particular game.

Its mostly a manual process to create the csv. I used a few Google Sheets to generate the files. These have old schedules, but also contain tabs with the team logos that I use to populate the main schedule, so they could be updated with new schedules fairly easily if you're good with a spreadsheet.

NFL
NBA
NHL

Once you have a csv you can import them as a custom binding using the File -> Import Custom Bindings menu. Then you can bind any ticket element to a custom binding value that's defined in the csv. After the custom binding file is imported to a ticket layout its saved as part of the .ticx file so you can simply select a new game form the drop down by the showtime field and click make ticket to generate a ticket for a particular game.

I hope that makes some sense. I'l write up a guide at some point.

It does. Is there a particular site you use for each sport for the raw data?
post #101 of 102 Old 01-23-2018, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It does. Is there a particular site you use for each sport for the raw data?
I don't remember for certain, but I want to say I got the schedules from either ESPN or FOX.
post #102 of 102 Old 02-03-2019, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page