Seatcraft Excaliber LX review/pics - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Cruisedave
  • 1 Post By ddog
  • 1 Post By Cruisedave
  • 1 Post By Cruisedave
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 01-21-2016, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Seatcraft Excaliber LX review/pics

Hello everyone. I just wanted to get some quick pics and initial impressions out there regarding my Seatcraft experience thus far (all of 2 hours). I did a lot of research and couldn't find too terribly many reviews for these Seatcraft seats, so I wanted to let those of who who are thinking of these know what I think. These are my very initial impressions, and I will return after several months with some more details. I ordered from 4Seating.com and my experience there was fantastic. Lots of very helpful info regarding seat styles, configurations, materials, manufacturers, etc. They were extremely helpful in all respects. I ordered on black friday and was told not to expect the seats before the end of January, and they arrived today.

My initial impressions for the seats are very favorable. I ordered the Seatcraft Excaliber LX using the "your choice" method, wherein you choose your own style, configuration, and material. The seats came with power, USB, and lighting, and tray tables for each seat (all on black friday special). I chose the leather 7000 in Cognac, as I was told that Palliser uses almost this same leather as their "middle quality" leather.

With some help from my family I was able to get the seats down to the basement. Some of the bases were quite heavy, but the backs were light and my 8 year old was able to carry them down. The backs went on easily and the chairs slid into place easily. Overall they seem solid and like they won't be moving around at all on the carpet.

The electronics all seem good and work well. The motors are smooth and quiet, and the LED lights are a nice touch when you want them, although I am not sure how much I'll be using them. One nice touch is that the cupholders all have a removable rubber base in them which can be removed for cleaning. One surprise was that each seat has 2 plugs. I am not sure, but I think that one is for the motor and the other is for the LED's. At 8 separate chairs-that's 16 plugs! I'll have to buy bigger surge suppressors for them, as some of the plugs are very large.

as to the leather quality and the stitching, I am very pleased. It's soft and supple, but not so much that it doesn't seem durable. The stitching seems heavy duty and I don't notice any seam pulling at all. Regarding the seat cushions, I had read elsewhere that they seemed overstuffed and overly firm. While they are firm, I do not think that they are overly firm, and I am sure that they will soften over time.

Regarding the recline, they recline quite far. So much so that when fully reclined, I am basically staring at the ceiling. So, I am sure that some small neck/head pillows are in my near future.

So again, my initial impressions are quite good. I feel that I have gotten a good value for my money (at some point, the $$ always comes into play) and I am happy with what I got for what I spent.

Again, time will tell, and I will give an update to these after several months. The will be well used, ad we have a weekly movie night with the neighbor kids and all 8 seats will get used at least once a week by some active kiddos, so it should be a good test.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0219.JPG
Views:	1019
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1200330   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0221.JPG
Views:	884
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1200338   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0222.JPG
Views:	969
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1200346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220.JPG
Views:	744
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1200354  
Bagua likes this.
Cruisedave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 Old 01-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Thank you, I love the review. I was about to buy the Excalibur LX, though it was to hard to get information and reviews from people on this forum. I am glad someone decided to finally chip in a review. I ended up getting some costco HT seats as they appeared to be very similar in price and looks to the Excaliburs and I could actually try them out.

Are both of your rows Excaliburs? They look great btw!
window2000bug is offline  
post #3 of 26 Old 01-22-2016, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks! Yes - both rows are the Excaliber LX, but the back row is straight with 2 loveseats, and the front row is curved with with 4 separate recliners. Although somehow I miscalculated, or was misinformed of the width of the curved row, and am now trying to figure out how to get rid of one of the middle seats. 4seating charges a 30% restocking fee + shipping, so I might just have an extra seat for when one of mine wears out in 10 years. Ugh.
Cruisedave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 26 Old 01-29-2016, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Helendale, SoCal
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Glad to hear you're enjoying your new Excalibur LX seats.
I bought mine the 1st weekend of September 2015 and have been really enjoying them as well. We have put just under 400hrs in them since then and they are holding up excellent and are showing no signs of wear.
Still extremely happy with my purchase.
Ddog
Cruisedave likes this.

Theater: 100 amp service, Emotiva UMC200, XPR5, XPA1 x2, XPA5, OPPO -103D, Mirage om5's x6 Lt/Rt/Ss/Bs, DefTech CLR 3000 center Earthquake Sound mini quakes x4
HotShot powered sub 2ch crossover x2,Panny 4000 PJ, 140" Fixed Screen, Harmony 900
Living room: Emotiva UMC200, XPA5,OPPO -103D, HTD HTS-1 Versa x5, Martin Logan Dynamo 700w subs x2, Aquos 70" LED
Harmony 900
ddog is offline  
post #5 of 26 Old 01-29-2016, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Helendale, SoCal
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Opps..
Ddog

Theater: 100 amp service, Emotiva UMC200, XPR5, XPA1 x2, XPA5, OPPO -103D, Mirage om5's x6 Lt/Rt/Ss/Bs, DefTech CLR 3000 center Earthquake Sound mini quakes x4
HotShot powered sub 2ch crossover x2,Panny 4000 PJ, 140" Fixed Screen, Harmony 900
Living room: Emotiva UMC200, XPA5,OPPO -103D, HTD HTS-1 Versa x5, Martin Logan Dynamo 700w subs x2, Aquos 70" LED
Harmony 900
ddog is offline  
post #6 of 26 Old 04-23-2016, 07:38 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Curious - could you provide an update now

Hi Cruisedave.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisedave View Post
Hello everyone. I just wanted to get some quick pics and initial impressions out there regarding my Seatcraft experience thus far (all of 2 hours). I did a lot of research and couldn't find too terribly many reviews for these Seatcraft seats, so I wanted to let those of who who are thinking of these know what I think. These are my very initial impressions, and I will return after several months with some more details. I ordered from 4Seating.com and my experience there was fantastic. Lots of very helpful info regarding seat styles, configurations, materials, manufacturers, etc. They were extremely helpful in all respects. I ordered on black friday and was told not to expect the seats before the end of January, and they arrived today.

My initial impressions for the seats are very favorable. I ordered the Seatcraft Excaliber LX using the "your choice" method, wherein you choose your own style, configuration, and material. The seats came with power, USB, and lighting, and tray tables for each seat (all on black friday special). I chose the leather 7000 in Cognac, as I was told that Palliser uses almost this same leather as their "middle quality" leather.

With some help from my family I was able to get the seats down to the basement. Some of the bases were quite heavy, but the backs were light and my 8 year old was able to carry them down. The backs went on easily and the chairs slid into place easily. Overall they seem solid and like they won't be moving around at all on the carpet.

The electronics all seem good and work well. The motors are smooth and quiet, and the LED lights are a nice touch when you want them, although I am not sure how much I'll be using them. One nice touch is that the cupholders all have a removable rubber base in them which can be removed for cleaning. One surprise was that each seat has 2 plugs. I am not sure, but I think that one is for the motor and the other is for the LED's. At 8 separate chairs-that's 16 plugs! I'll have to buy bigger surge suppressors for them, as some of the plugs are very large.

as to the leather quality and the stitching, I am very pleased. It's soft and supple, but not so much that it doesn't seem durable. The stitching seems heavy duty and I don't notice any seam pulling at all. Regarding the seat cushions, I had read elsewhere that they seemed overstuffed and overly firm. While they are firm, I do not think that they are overly firm, and I am sure that they will soften over time.

Regarding the recline, they recline quite far. So much so that when fully reclined, I am basically staring at the ceiling. So, I am sure that some small neck/head pillows are in my near future.

So again, my initial impressions are quite good. I feel that I have gotten a good value for my money (at some point, the $$ always comes into play) and I am happy with what I got for what I spent.

Again, time will tell, and I will give an update to these after several months. The will be well used, ad we have a weekly movie night with the neighbor kids and all 8 seats will get used at least once a week by some active kiddos, so it should be a good test.
Double-P is offline  
post #7 of 26 Old 04-23-2016, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Of course I can give you an update. I'll get a detailed update out this week. Mostly good with a few "meh's", but still overall positive. I'll post an update with pics his week. Still love the seats though.
window2000bug likes this.
Cruisedave is offline  
post #8 of 26 Old 05-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Member
 
DtheDude81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisedave View Post
Of course I can give you an update. I'll get a detailed update out this week. Mostly good with a few "meh's", but still overall positive. I'll post an update with pics his week. Still love the seats though.

I'd love an update on the chairs as well, if you don't mind. I've narrowed my choices down to either the Excalibur LX from 4seating, or the Southampton/Easthampton from HTmarket.

Also, on the side where the usb charging ports and power recline controls are located...is that light on always, or does it toggle on/off along with the base lights and cup holder lights?

Thanks!
DtheDude81 is offline  
post #9 of 26 Old 05-04-2016, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello everyone. First off, I apologize for the delayed update for the chairs - I travel for work and have been called away a lot in the past couple of weeks, and I couldn't get home to take these pics and post them until now. Hopefully this will help all of you making the decision on these chairs.
First off, the chairs have seen almost daily use (at the very least, 4-5x per week) since I received them back in the end of January. We have a family of 4 and watch movies at least a couple of times per week. Additionally, we have a standing date with our neighbors where they send their 3 kids over once per week for movie night as well. All the kids are between ages 7-10 and are quite active. I have had to set some rules (difficult because I want the room to be used, but not as a jungle gym/romper room) that no tray tables are to be used and when the neighbor kids are over there is no food/drink in allowed in there (they frequently spill stuff). Anyway, there's the use. I would classify it as frequent.
Overall the chairs have held up extremely well to our use. There have been some spills and some food dropped, but the kids let me know when it happened and I cleaned it up with no stains whatsoever. The mechanisms of the chairs are all working perfectly -very smooth and very quiet. There is more noise from the leather parts moving against each other than from the motor working. I remembered when I spoke with the sales rep on the phone she told me that the most common cause of of motor failure was something getting caught in the mechanism (like a sock) and burning out the motor. At the time I knew that wasn't going to be me, but low and behold I have found kids socks stuck in the cushions, as well as corners of throw blankets stuck in there too - nothing in the mechanism yet but unless I/we are diligent, it's gonna happen. So far the only damage that has occurred to the seats has been that my son crushed a soda can, leaving a sharp edge, and spun it around in the cup holder, putting a horizontal scratch on the soft plastic of the holder. Barely visible.
A couple of disappointments with the seats. First of, the lighting. It works well and functions properly, but HOLY CRAP IS IT BRIGHT!!! It a bluish light which I thought would be cool, but it is so bright that it is unusable. The light turns on with a button on the cupholder and it works the the cupholder ring light as well as the strip underneath the chair. Way too much light is put out when it is turned on, so my options are either to not use it, or maybe disconnect/change out the underseat lights or cover them with cloth to dim them way down. For me, the lights came free with the power package when I bought them, but I would not have paid extra and been mad if I did. The 1st 2 pics are of the TV (it's an old one and the room is still under construction, btw) with the lights off and then the light of ONE (YES ONE) seat on. Again, unusable during a movie. The 3rd pick is of the USP/power station/chair adjust. the light on this is on continuously, but I DO NOT find it distracting during a movie. Some might, but, although you can't tell from the pic, it is small enough and dim enough that it doesn't bother me.
The second 2 pics are of the tray tables, which are my 2nd big sticking point. They are mounted via a small brushed steel receiver and the tray (or light, tablet holder, etc) has a 1.5 inch tube that fits into the receiver. Once inserted the table spins freely on it's post, to be positioned wherever the user wants. Nice feature, but, on about half of the chairs the mounting button is not leveled vertically, so when the tray is inserted it is not level. What happens is when I put something on the tray, the added weight causes the tray to spin to the low point. This is really annoying to me. 2 solutions here - one is to dig into the bottom of the chair and see if I can straighten it myself, or else I can add some resistance to the peg . Again, these are details which, to me, show a quick assembly of this part of the chair. It seems small, but is an annoyance almost every time I use the chair. I will probably write the manufacturer and see if they can do something for me.
Again, overall I am very pleased with the seats, aside from the 2 things mentioned above. The big question for me is always "would you do it again?" Yes I would buy them again. I'm not 100% happy but I am 90% happy with them. I had to figure in price, and not being rich, these were very close to perfect for me.
Hope that helps. As always, please feel to ask questions.
Cheers,
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0481.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1422306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0482.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1422314   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0483.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1422322   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0484.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1422330   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0496.JPG
Views:	507
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1422338  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0495.JPG
Views:	462
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1422346  
window2000bug likes this.

Last edited by Cruisedave; 05-04-2016 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Pics added
Cruisedave is offline  
post #10 of 26 Old 05-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisedave View Post
Hello everyone. First off, I apologize for the delayed update for the chairs - I travel for work and have been called away a lot in the past couple of weeks, and I couldn't get home to take these pics and post them until now. Hopefully this will help all of you making the decision on these chairs.
First off, the chairs have seen almost daily use (at the very least, 4-5x per week) since I received them back in the end of January. We have a family of 4 and watch movies at least a couple of times per week. Additionally, we have a standing date with our neighbors where they send their 3 kids over once per week for movie night as well. All the kids are between ages 7-10 and are quite active. I have had to set some rules (difficult because I want the room to be used, but not as a jungle gym/romper room) that no tray tables are to be used and when the neighbor kids are over there is no food/drink in allowed in there (they frequently spill stuff). Anyway, there's the use. I would classify it as frequent.
Overall the chairs have held up extremely well to our use. There have been some spills and some food dropped, but the kids let me know when it happened and I cleaned it up with no stains whatsoever. The mechanisms of the chairs are all working perfectly -very smooth and very quiet. There is more noise from the leather parts moving against each other than from the motor working. I remembered when I spoke with the sales rep on the phone she told me that the most common cause of of motor failure was something getting caught in the mechanism (like a sock) and burning out the motor. At the time I knew that wasn't going to be me, but low and behold I have found kids socks stuck in the cushions, as well as corners of throw blankets stuck in there too - nothing in the mechanism yet but unless I/we are diligent, it's gonna happen. So far the only damage that has occurred to the seats has been that my son crushed a soda can, leaving a sharp edge, and spun it around in the cup holder, putting a horizontal scratch on the soft plastic of the holder. Barely visible.
A couple of disappointments with the seats. First of, the lighting. It works well and functions properly, but HOLY CRAP IS IT BRIGHT!!! It a bluish light which I thought would be cool, but it is so bright that it is unusable. The light turns on with a button on the cupholder and it works the the cupholder ring light as well as the strip underneath the chair. Way too much light is put out when it is turned on, so my options are either to not use it, or maybe disconnect/change out the underseat lights or cover them with cloth to dim them way down. For me, the lights came free with the power package when I bought them, but I would not have paid extra and been mad if I did. The 1st 2 pics are of the TV (it's an old one and the room is still under construction, btw) with the lights off and then the light of ONE (YES ONE) seat on. Again, unusable during a movie. The 3rd pick is of the USP/power station/chair adjust. the light on this is on continuously, but I DO NOT find it distracting during a movie. Some might, but, although you can't tell from the pic, it is small enough and dim enough that it doesn't bother me.
The second 2 pics are of the tray tables, which are my 2nd big sticking point. They are mounted via a small brushed steel receiver and the tray (or light, tablet holder, etc) has a 1.5 inch tube that fits into the receiver. Once inserted the table spins freely on it's post, to be positioned wherever the user wants. Nice feature, but, on about half of the chairs the mounting button is not leveled vertically, so when the tray is inserted it is not level. What happens is when I put something on the tray, the added weight causes the tray to spin to the low point. This is really annoying to me. 2 solutions here - one is to dig into the bottom of the chair and see if I can straighten it myself, or else I can add some resistance to the peg . Again, these are details which, to me, show a quick assembly of this part of the chair. It seems small, but is an annoyance almost every time I use the chair. I will probably write the manufacturer and see if they can do something for me.
Again, overall I am very pleased with the seats, aside from the 2 things mentioned above. The big question for me is always "would you do it again?" Yes I would buy them again. I'm not 100% happy but I am 90% happy with them. I had to figure in price, and not being rich, these were very close to perfect for me.
Hope that helps. As always, please feel to ask questions.
Cheers,
Dave
Again thanks for your input, I found it frustrating on these forums as people would ask a lot of questions on specific chairs and you would never hear back from them after they purchased them. ><

These chairs were my top choice at one point, before I got some chairs very similar design from Costco. Granted I don't have lights, but I do have 110v and USB in the arm storage.

From the pics, you weren't kidding about it being unlevel. Stupid question, are you sure it is the chair and not the floor? I doubt that is the problem, but had to ask, most likely the tube is not plumb as you would have serious structural issues if your floor was that out of level.
window2000bug is offline  
post #11 of 26 Old 05-04-2016, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It's a good question about the level, and I would be pretty upset with my basement floor and the platform I built if it were that off level. No, it's the mounting of the accessory receptacle that is the problem. Some of them are totally level, in fact, but 1/2 of them are way off.

One thing I forgot to add, and it has to do with my personal layout VS the chairs themselves. I have the back row as 2 loveseats (4 seats) and the front row is 3 recliners, for a total of 7 seats. The loveseats are pretty wide and can easily fit 2 adults and one kid (pre teen). I had originally thought that the individual recliners in front would be the seats-of-choice, but as I have a family of snugglers, we all watch movies from the back row because it is so comfortable back there. This, in spite of the fact that I only have a 40" TV hooked up there, vs the 65" that I will get later this summer/fall. FWIW the back row gets as much or more use as the front, so if you're on the fence about loveseats vs recliners, a mix of both is my strong recommendation, if you have the space.
Cruisedave is offline  
post #12 of 26 Old 05-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
TheNecromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pinewood, MN
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisedave View Post
It's a good question about the level, and I would be pretty upset with my basement floor and the platform I built if it were that off level. No, it's the mounting of the accessory receptacle that is the problem. Some of them are totally level, in fact, but 1/2 of them are way off.

One thing I forgot to add, and it has to do with my personal layout VS the chairs themselves. I have the back row as 2 loveseats (4 seats) and the front row is 3 recliners, for a total of 7 seats. The loveseats are pretty wide and can easily fit 2 adults and one kid (pre teen). I had originally thought that the individual recliners in front would be the seats-of-choice, but as I have a family of snugglers, we all watch movies from the back row because it is so comfortable back there. This, in spite of the fact that I only have a 40" TV hooked up there, vs the 65" that I will get later this summer/fall. FWIW the back row gets as much or more use as the front, so if you're on the fence about loveseats vs recliners, a mix of both is my strong recommendation, if you have the space.
Would you mind sharing what kind of price discount you received by buying on Black Friday? It could easily be that time of year before I'm in the market.
TheNecromancer is offline  
post #13 of 26 Old 05-05-2016, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 18
When I was stalking their site, I have saw up to 10% off, though the best deal is free power recline, if you want it.

OP- Have you ever considered doing a projector, you get a lot of screen for littl money?
window2000bug is offline  
post #14 of 26 Old 05-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Member
 
DtheDude81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the update and the pics. That's a bummer about the tray tables not being level though.
DtheDude81 is offline  
post #15 of 26 Old 05-05-2016, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Black friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNecromancer View Post
Would you mind sharing what kind of price discount you received by buying on Black Friday? It could easily be that time of year before I'm in the market.
I believe that the deal I got was black Friday and that it was for 10% off the order, plus free power recline and lights. All in all a pretty good deal, although I don't use the lights. The power recline is really nice though.

Called the company and they are gonna get back to me as of right now. The level is not too terrible bad, but can be an annoyance.

I have considered a projector for the room as the seating distances are on the cusp of either a 65"+ or a projector, but the 2016 4K TVs with HDR seem to be more affordable than a projector of the same caliber. Room is wired for either though, and I am in saving $ mode right now to able to afford anything.

Cheers,
Dave
Cruisedave is offline  
post #16 of 26 Old 05-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Member
 
gibroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Where were your seats manufactured? I try to buy American whenever possible. The Seatcrafts look nice and I really like a few of their styles but I want them made in USA.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
gibroni is offline  
post #17 of 26 Old 05-16-2016, 06:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 18
From what I hear they are not made in America, though the company does customize things locally.
window2000bug is offline  
post #18 of 26 Old 05-20-2016, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I tried to look at the seats and couldn't find anything on them as to where they were manufactured. My guess is China, although when I looked at the company website it proclaims that they are an American company, but they just don't all about where they are manufactured.
Cruisedave is offline  
post #19 of 26 Old 02-22-2017, 04:04 AM
Member
 
sandcracker21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any update on the chairs? I am thinking of buying a set of 4 (loveseat and two chairs) and its a LOT of money to buy site unseen.

Is the 7000 series leather holding up? Expensive upgrade but might be worth it. Also, did you get the shakers in the seats?

I was thinking of doing the loveseat combo 'curved' but can't image how that would look with the love seat on the left..
sandcracker21 is offline  
post #20 of 26 Old 02-22-2017, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Overall happy with the seats...

I am happy overall, with the exception of the above mentioned tray table issues. I did not get the shakers in the seats. I am glad that I got the upgraded leather and it seems to be holding up well to weakly use. There have been a few spills of drinks and food, and all were quickly wiped up and left no stains or evidence. Regarding the configuration, it's really a personal choice, of course. I will say, however, that the loveseats in the back row get a lot of use, even more so than the front chairs. My wife and kids like to cuddle and they seem to really like the loveseats. Plus, if the wife is happy with it, you will be too!
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Cruisedave is offline  
post #21 of 26 Old 04-18-2018, 09:46 AM
Member
 
cisco150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisedave View Post
I am happy overall, with the exception of the above mentioned tray table issues. I did not get the shakers in the seats. I am glad that I got the upgraded leather and it seems to be holding up well to weakly use. There have been a few spills of drinks and food, and all were quickly wiped up and left no stains or evidence. Regarding the configuration, it's really a personal choice, of course. I will say, however, that the loveseats in the back row get a lot of use, even more so than the front chairs. My wife and kids like to cuddle and they seem to really like the loveseats. Plus, if the wife is happy with it, you will be too!
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Any update as per the leather and how they holding out. I'm in the looking process for some seats from seatcraft and with the 7000 leather. i like that you share your thoughts and experiences thru this form helping other people make up their minds like me.
cisco150 is offline  
post #22 of 26 Old 04-20-2018, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Still Good!

I apologize for the delayed response. The short answer is that yes, I am still extremely happy with the seats, considering the price I paid. I have been a bad owner, in that my work schedule has been crazy lately, and I have yet to even put any kind of protectant or moisturizer/softener on the seats. However, the seat are still as supple as the day I bought them, and the leather is holding up beautifully. In fact, I recently purchased a recliner for another room, which is of extremely high quality with beautiful leather, and it feels almost the same as the theater recliner seats.
So, I wouldn't hesitate to get these seats. If you can, wait for a sale or a something. Also, and this is personal preference, I would get the matching neck/head pillows. The seats recline quite a bit and I usually end up with a blanket or pillow behind my head.
Cheers,Dave
Cruisedave is offline  
post #23 of 26 Old 06-10-2018, 06:05 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dave, did you end up getting the matching neck/head pillows? I have the same problem with the seats reclining too far. I got a pair of neck pillows from 4seating.com and they are very stiff.
svenkats is offline  
post #24 of 26 Old 06-10-2018, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I haven't gotten them yet, but was definitely planning to do so. Thanks for the tip - I will probably not get them there if they are that uncomfortable. We actually have a couple of soft micro-fiber throw pillows which I took from another room, and they seem to work pretty well. I got them a long time ago at Bed/Bath/Beyond or similar store. They are nice because they are not too full of foam stuffing, therefore somewhat malleable, and easy to put behind my head and the microfiber helps them stay put, for the most part. If I find them somewhere I'll post it on here.
Cheers,
Dave
Cruisedave is offline  
post #25 of 26 Old 09-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Newbie
 
R.Dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Dude.. OP - Awesome review. Thank you for sharing and providing post date updates! happy to hear the valuable feedback. Thank you for taking your time to post.

I just ordered a seatcraft reflections set and cannot be more excited.

Samsung UN60HU8550 - HS01
R.Dub is offline  
post #26 of 26 Old 09-15-2019, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks! Still loving them! No problems at all.
Cruisedave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off