Berkline 45003 Power Recliner Stopped Working - Replacement Parts? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-12-2016, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Berkline 45003 Power Recliner Stopped Working - Replacement Parts?

Hi Everyone.

We went into our home theater this weekend only to find one of the 45003 Berklines wasn't reclining. I did the obvious like checking to make sure it was plugged in and the outlet was working.

I was going to start swapping parts between another Berkline to see which part may be the issue. But I thought before going through all of that I'd double check to see if I can even pickup parts for it given they are out of business.

While the chairs are probably 10 or 11 years old, it barely gets used since it's in the back row and the theater has only been completed for a few years.

Anyone know of someone that repairs or has replacement parts for Berkline motorized chairs?

We had a close lightning strike to the house a few weeks ago that fried quite a bit of other electronics hardware so I'm guessing that may be the the same in this case.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-12-2016, 10:07 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Mario,

It does not really matter whether you used them a lot or not. They are 10-11 years old, and there are no more parts available.

This is a domestic group, and you probably have the CIAR motor (if the motor is a problem). You can try googling it and see if someone can sell it to you, but I doubt you would find it. If it is a power supply you may be lucky. I still have some power supplies that Berkline used on their imported groups, and I believe that would work on your chairs as well. The switches are gone, they were discontinued, and were replaced with different ones.

Do check the wiring first and see if none of the wires got caught in the reclining mech and got cut. If not, try to connect the "bad" chair motor to a working chair power supply and see if it can recline. If it can, the power supply/transformer would need to be replaced. If not, you can also check the switch, but switches fail very rarely...

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #3 of 6 Old 09-13-2016, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Ok. Took everything apart and tested the power control box (JLDP - where the actuator and push button connect to) on the non working chair with another chair and that didn't seem to be the problem. Between various tests, I narrowed it down to the linear actuator (JLDQ) that moves the chair as the problem. I test this as well with an adjoining working chair with no luck.

After taking it out of the chair, I decided to open it up and see what was inside. Everything looked normal and good. So I put it back together a few hours later and decided I'd give it one more go.

What do you know...it started working again.

Not sure if it was just the fact that I cut power to it or the disassembly/reassembly procedure.

But I'm glad that it is working again. Hopefully it's not a sign of a failing part.

I did notice that my placement of the bass shakers was putting a bit of force on the actuator so I repositioned the bass shaker to the side of the actuators on all the back row chairs.

Roman - which parts above do you have in stock? JLDP?

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-13-2016, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Ok. Just jinxed myself. Now the Linear Actuator stopped working again!
post #5 of 6 Old 09-13-2016, 12:13 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Well,

Sometimes, just a bad contact can do this. Unplugging and replugging the switch and the motor from the power supply can resolve it.

Anyway, I do have some JLDP transformers - I think I have about 4 left. Everything else was sold out a while back, and as I said these motors, switches and power supplies have been discontinued a few years ago.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #6 of 6 Old 05-10-2020, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
Well,

Sometimes, just a bad contact can do this. Unplugging and replugging the switch and the motor from the power supply can resolve it.

Anyway, I do have some JLDP transformers - I think I have about 4 left. Everything else was sold out a while back, and as I said these motors, switches and power supplies have been discontinued a few years ago.
Hi Roman, hope you are doing well! Bought a Berkline 090 4 seat group from you back in 2006. The motor in one stopped working (actually just the stupid limit switches wore out and I could not find equivalent ones to replace with). As you mentioned elsewhere a Ciar replacement part will work. I found them at link below in stock so thought would let the community know. They have multiple motor types for Berkline so probably will need to contact them to find the exact one. Cheers!

Berkline parts:
https://www.fastfixparts.com/Berkline-Parts_c_170.html

LM60
https://www.fastfixparts.com/CIAR-LM...ent_p_114.html

LM55
https://www.fastfixparts.com/CIAR-LM...or-_p_125.html

Manufacturer:
https://ciar.it/catalog/en/35-linear-actuator-kits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version