Octane Dream HR Series - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #61 of 181 Old 11-16-2017, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyp View Post
I wonder if its just a manufacturing lot difference? I was thinking of ordering the loveseat configuration now that I've seen the seats. I guess I can ask before ordering.
I'm not sure. If I had to guess, I bet it is an intentional design difference by Octane, and chat with a sales rep from a vendor, or direct contact with someone from Octane could clear it up.

And after thinking about it some more, I should have known it would be pebble grain and probably forgot! When I requested the color sample from the vendor, I received the swatches and they were all pebble grain. In post 10, here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-the...l#post54588224 you can see the grain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 181 Old 11-16-2017, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistere311 View Post
I love my new seats, the Octane Dream HR!

Install:

Unbox and install was easy, just clip the upper half of the seat into the lower half and connect the head rest cables. No tools needed. Takes two people to safely move each lower half of the seat; the upper half one person.

The knubs on the bottom of the seat frame that contact the ground are hard plastic. Because I have laminate floors, I used rubber, anti-skid pads between the floor and the seat. They don't skid at all. Also, each chair is separate, there is no bracket connecting them together. You can buy such a bracket from your Octane vendor. I considered making my own bracket and connecting them together so they don't move. I rejected that idea because after some testing (jumping into the seat etc.) they don't move at all.

Fit and Finish:

Overall, well built seats. I only noted a few minor flaws: The stitching on one of the arm rest lids had about an inch of excess thread, no big deal. One of the hinges on the arm rest lid does not allow the lid to close completely (in the pictures it is the one closest to the wall). On inspection, one of the hinge screws snapped off or was never installed, hard to say. The tray tables do not fit into the armrest storage containers with there mounting pins install. I see why because the armrest storage just isn't wide enough (once the pin is unscrewed, they fit fine). BTW, the finish on the black tray table is that nice soft touch plastic would find in the interior of a BMW or VW.

Comfort:

Far exceeded my expectations. Between firm and soft, these would be firm (at least after 2 hours of seat time!). If you like a squishy seat, not for you. I am 6 ft, 185 lbs and these fit me perfectly, especial in terms of how long the seat is when fully reclined. THE BEST FEATURE IS THE POWER HEADREST. I would have regretted buying a seat without out. To prove it to myself, I did the following test: Sit in the chair and fully recline and see where my eyes pointed. Well, with the headrest fully collapsed in the chair back my eyes point to where the ceiling and screen wall meet - not a good angle. Then you move the headrest, and it aligns your eyes perfectly with the screen. Without that feature, I'd have to use a loose pillow or tacky saddlebag style head pillow that drapes over the chair back (Octane sells them) - no good.

Summary:

Worth the wait, incredible value, and would buy again without hesitation.

Now for the pictures!

P.S. If anyone has any questions about these, please ask!
Seats look great, placed my order for two rows of 4 today! Thanks for the pic's and enjoy!

Glenn
post #63 of 181 Old 11-21-2017, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyp View Post
Chairs (FLEX HR) arrived today. I took pictures with my tablet and attached so quality not too great. Chairs are very nice. Leather is great with a slight sheen. Sitching looks perfect. Chairs are sturdy and don't squeak. They are very supportive yet hold you, so you're nice and comfortable. My wife's first comments included "they look great", "the seat is higher than I expected", and "love the powered headrest". I think these chairs are a great purchase. Don't mind the room, still putting it back together from our major remodeling effort.

Lenny
Hi Lenny - Could you post few side-view and cross-view pictures of the Flex HR? From either of the views, are the underlying supporting rods, on the corners, revealing to outside? Some of the pictures reveal them and so I wanted to check.

Really appreciate your support. Congratulations again on the new FLEX HR theater seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 181 Old 11-21-2017, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Update:

Having spent about 15 some hours now in the seats, I'm happy to report I still love them. I don't fidget or get sore after I get into the sweet spot for viewing, extremely comfortable.

I do note that the LED lights are pretty much useless. Although they helpfully light up the cup holder, when they are on and the seat is reclined, the amount of light they output onto the screen is incredible. I could probably remove and reattach the LED light strip and point it to the floor rather the out and up to the viewing area where they are positioned now from the factory. When the seat is reclined the LEDs do not shine onto the screen. But with three chairs reclined and with three LEDs hitting the screen, half the screen is that blue color, not usable at all.
post #65 of 181 Old 11-21-2017, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistere311 View Post
Update:

Having spent about 15 some hours now in the seats, I'm happy to report I still love them. I don't fidget or get sore after I get into the sweet spot for viewing, extremely comfortable.

I do note that the LED lights are pretty much useless. Although they helpfully light up the cup holder, when they are on and the seat is reclined, the amount of light they output onto the screen is incredible. I could probably remove and reattach the LED light strip and point it to the floor rather the out and up to the viewing area where they are positioned now from the factory. When the seat is reclined the LEDs do not shine onto the screen. But with three chairs reclined and with three LEDs hitting the screen, half the screen is that blue color, not usable at all.
Thanks for the update, I agree lighting the cup holders is fine but the led on the bottoms is a waste of money, plan on modifying mine.
post #66 of 181 Old 11-22-2017, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusam rakesh View Post
Hi Lenny - Could you post few side-view and cross-view pictures of the Flex HR? From either of the views, are the underlying supporting rods, on the corners, revealing to outside? Some of the pictures reveal them and so I wanted to check.

Really appreciate your support. Congratulations again on the new FLEX HR theater seats.
I will try to get more pics posted. I do not see any of the frame unless you mean in reclined position, which I haven't looked at. The back has a flap with velcro fastener that keeps things hidden. Still comfy and I agree the bottom front led can go ... I do like the cup holder lights.

PSN: maleficent127
post #67 of 181 Old 11-28-2017, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got my notification on my seats coming the end of next week.
post #68 of 181 Old 11-28-2017, 01:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicilianbambino View Post
Got my notification on my seats coming the end of next week.
How long ago did you order?

Thanks,

Glenn
post #69 of 181 Old 11-28-2017, 03:18 PM

I ordered them on October 30th. The chairs shown are the ones I'm replacing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2285.JPG
Views:	534
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	2322490  

Last edited by sicilianbambino; 11-28-2017 at 03:39 PM.
post #70 of 181 Old 11-28-2017, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Still "patiently" waiting for mine, which I ordered on Oct 21. Was notified they were ready for shipping on 11/13.
I ordered white glove delivery because I have back problems, didn't want to deal with discarding packaging, and figured I'd get a chance to see the chairs unpacked and make sure they were ok before signing.

The way it works is their shipping people are supposed to take it from the warehouse to another facility somewhere in the general area of where it's going, where it will then be picked up by a local handler.

Tracking info at time of notice showed a scheduled delivery to local facility on the next day.

The next day, the date change to the following day.

This went on every day until the 22nd, when it suddenly changed to the 27th.

The 27th came and went, and then today it was changed to the 30th.

Fair to say I am now wondering if I will ever see these chairs.
post #71 of 181 Old 11-28-2017, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 497
has anybody here had a chance to directly compare Octane Dream HR to HT Hamilton or HT Pembroke ?
Thee One likes this.

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools: Display Calibration Tools, Lightspace & Custom Color Patch Set & Gamma Calibration on Panasonic 65VT60
meter: CR-300, Klein K-10 A, i1Pro 2, i1D3
post #72 of 181 Old 11-29-2017, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

anybody here happen to know which (if any) Best Buy stores in SoCal have Octane seating on display ?

called up a few in L.A., none of them have anything...

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools: Display Calibration Tools, Lightspace & Custom Color Patch Set & Gamma Calibration on Panasonic 65VT60
post #73 of 181 Old 12-04-2017, 11:00 AM

Finally got the call from shipper. I'm afraid to jinx it but I should be sitting in my Dreams tomorrow. Will try to get some pics and impressions if there's interest in more of that (Mistere311 covered it pretty well).
post #74 of 181 Old 12-04-2017, 05:49 PM

Chairs came in this morning and installed. Happy with the purchase and my kids love them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2465.JPG
Views:	689
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	2325722   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2464.JPG
Views:	605
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2325724   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2286.JPG
Views:	531
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	2325732  
Justin Morgan and lennyp like this.

Last edited by sicilianbambino; 12-04-2017 at 06:17 PM.
post #75 of 181 Old 12-04-2017, 06:00 PM

Not sure what happened with your original pic post sicilianbambino, but it looks like it broke the board.
Are you able to remove it?

Chairs look awesome btw. I'm pretty jealous of how many people you can sit comfortably in there.

Last edited by bustamelon; 12-04-2017 at 06:09 PM. Reason: adding
post #76 of 181 Old 12-04-2017, 06:15 PM

Sorry about that bad post. No clue what happened there
post #77 of 181 Old 12-04-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicilianbambino View Post
Sorry about that bad post. No clue what happened there
No worries, glitch in the Matrix I guess. Thanks for fixing. Enjoy the seats.
post #78 of 181 Old 12-05-2017, 10:33 AM

Got mine finally!
Arrived during lunch break, so no time to play around or enjoy, or to even clean up the cords and move them where I want them, but I did snap a few shots.
They seem very comfy, and the mechanicals all work very nicely. The dog approves too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20171205_131149.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	755.6 KB
ID:	2326024   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171205_131243.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	645.2 KB
ID:	2326034   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171205_131435.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	663.9 KB
ID:	2326036   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171205_131445.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	776.5 KB
ID:	2326038  
post #79 of 181 Old 12-05-2017, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamelon View Post
Got mine finally!
Arrived during lunch break, so no time to play around or enjoy, or to even clean up the cords and move them where I want them, but I did snap a few shots.
They seem very comfy, and the mechanicals all work very nicely. The dog approves too.
Very nice, mine are on order as well. Better keep a close eye on the family member in photo #2 ........
bustamelon likes this.
post #80 of 181 Old 12-29-2017, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Does the Dream model have support for attaching a butt kicker to the frame?
And I am hoping everyone received the newer wiring where the LED's are not on 24/7?
Thanks,
-Ward

There's room for ALL of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!

Last edited by Ward216; 12-29-2017 at 09:12 PM.
post #81 of 181 Old 12-31-2017, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 935
The dream hr look amazing. Is everyone still loving them? I'm now considering these chairs a row of 3.
post #82 of 181 Old 12-31-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward216 View Post
Does the Dream model have support for attaching a butt kicker to the frame?
And I am hoping everyone received the newer wiring where the LED's are not on 24/7?
Thanks,
-Ward
Nothing specific in the documentation about this, and I don't know anything about butt kickers, so can't say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
The dream hr look amazing. Is everyone still loving them? I'm now considering these chairs a row of 3.
So far so good. Really enjoying them, and especially happy with the amount of support they provide. My back has been good ever since.
post #83 of 181 Old 01-03-2018, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Thanks for all of your input. I went with the Flex model in white (Polar Luxe) as my theater is very monochromatic with a black ceiling, mocha brown walls, brown carpet and ultra white trim.

There's room for ALL of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!
post #84 of 181 Old 01-26-2018, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 41
This thread is great. I'm considering both the Flex HR and the Dream HR, and there's not currently much info out there on the net other than dealer's sites.

Has anyone roughly 6'3" sat in either the Flex or Dream? If so, how's the fit?

Don't want to get chairs that are too small.

I like the fact that the controls are on the side of the armrest rather than the top where I might accidentally bump them.

Are folks that bought them still happy with them a couple months after the purchase? Any problems/issues?

Thanks for any info!
post #85 of 181 Old 01-26-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Morgan View Post

Are folks that bought them still happy with them a couple months after the purchase? Any problems/issues?

Thanks for any info!
Two months in with the Dreams and still very happy. No problems at all with mechanisms or material. Very comfy - much more comfortable than the Jordans sectional upstairs. The motorized headrest is a great feature that gets used more than I thought it would.

I'm 5'10" so I can't help much with sizing, but I think it should be noted that my feet hang over the footrest. I don't know if other chairs are any different in this regard since the length of the footrest is limited by the height of the seat, if that makes sense. I do sometimes wish this wasn't the case. Also, the seats are not generously wide. I'm a bit wide myself and I find that with 2 or 3 inches between me and the controls, there is no room to spare on my other side. These are minor gripes though, and won't apply to everyone. Overall very pleased.
Justin Morgan likes this.
post #86 of 181 Old 01-27-2018, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This thread is great. I'm considering both the Flex HR and the Dream HR, and there's not currently much info out there on the net other than dealer's sites.

Don't want to get chairs that are too small.

I like the fact that the controls are on the side of the armrest rather than the top where I might accidentally bump them.

Thanks for any info!
MY dream HR set of 8 arrived this week. I am 6'2 and yes my feet hang over the footrest, but most recliners do. They are a little firm per the wife, not as cushy as my old Berklines were. Overall the build quality is excellent as is the styling. Once you experience the motorized headrest you will never live without it.
post #87 of 181 Old 01-28-2018, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhdtv View Post
MY dream HR set of 8 arrived this week. I am 6'2 and yes my feet hang over the footrest, but most recliners do. They are a little firm per the wife, not as cushy as my old Berklines were. Overall the build quality is excellent as is the styling. Once you experience the motorized headrest you will never live without it.
Hey Justin, it may be a little weird, but I live right by you and am struggling with what chairs to get. It's so tough not being able to sit in them. The Dream HR's are high on my list. I sat in the Flex HR at a place in Atlanta and they weren't quite cushy enough? Any way I could check out your seats? Would be hige for me to be able to sit in them and give them a test ride. If there is a way, I can give you my contact info off line. - Scott
post #88 of 181 Old 01-28-2018, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottR242 View Post
Hey Justin, it may be a little weird, but I live right by you and am struggling with what chairs to get. It's so tough not being able to sit in them. The Dream HR's are high on my list. I sat in the Flex HR at a place in Atlanta and they weren't quite cushy enough? Any way I could check out your seats? Would be hige for me to be able to sit in them and give them a test ride. If there is a way, I can give you my contact info off line. - Scott
Whoops. Just realized that was gmanhdtv reposting Justin's. Gman, I will send you a message now.
post #89 of 181 Old 01-28-2018, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottR242 View Post
Whoops. Just realized that was gmanhdtv reposting Justin's. Gman, I will send you a message now.
No worries Scott.

Also, big THANKS to Gman and Busta who chimed in regarding the size of the Dream HR.

The Dream HR is on the short list along with the SeatCraft Sampson (it’s an XL size chair with motorized headrest) and HT Design Pembroke. Decisions, decisions.

SCI-FI THEATER - A modest 13x18-ft home theater with riser.
Projector: JVC NX7 Screen: 115" Elunevision Reference 4K
Seats: Seatcraft Diamante Sources: TiVo Bolt, Xbox 1X, Apple TV 4K
Receiver: Denon X8500H Subs(2): SVS SB16-Ultra Front L/C/R: JTR 228HT
Surrounds(4)/Rears(2): JTR Single 8HT-lp Atmos(4): Bowers & Wilkins CCM682
post #90 of 181 Old 01-28-2018, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No worries Scott.

Also, big THANKS to Gman and Busta who chimed in regarding the size of the Dream HR.

The Dream HR is on the short list along with the SeatCraft Sampson (it’s an XL size chair with motorized headrest) and HT Design Pembroke. Decisions, decisions.
The Seatcraft Samson seats are phenomenal... I ordered those....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page