Octane Dream HR Series - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 28Likes

post #151 of 170 Old 01-18-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliocon View Post
Ok it's confirmed. These are Octane Dream HR. Such nice seats. I'm thrilled. The leather is awesome. So soft and nice. Super comfortable. And the adjustable headrest is amazing. Wayfair is the way to go everybody!!!!

Elio
That’s great news.

I still love mine even though I have not been in them much. I also ended up getting a pretty good discount with all the screwups so I’m fine with what I paid. Plus I ordered my chairs so the switches are all on the right hand side of the chairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 170 Old 01-22-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Quoted: 3817 Post(s)
Liked: 4689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward216 View Post
Thanks so much for that heads up. I just ordered a straight 2 seat (Octane) Flex HR in white leather for $1640. You saved me $657!! They also have the tempered glass table accessory for $10 less than Theater Seat Store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliocon View Post
That's great man. Glad to hear it. Waiting for my Orren Ellis/Octane Dream HR seats to arrive. I saved about $500 going through Wayfair. Hopefully I'll have my seats by Wednesday of next week. Already got the LED Lamp accessory. Debating getting the tray tables.. (Who am I kidding? I'm so getting the tray tables. LOL)

Elio
I paid for my 3 x Octane Flash HR full leather much less than the prices you guys are showing from Wayfair. You have to call TheaterSeatStore and talk to Nick Paunovich to get the best deal and discount. BTW, if you don't know already, TheaterSeatStore is owned by InteriorMark LLC which at the same time owns Octane Seating. Literally, TheaterSeatStore is the storefront of Octane Seating.

Just check the teams of both companies

https://www.interiormark.com/our-team/

https://www.octaneseating.com/about-us
sdolen likes this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #153 of 170 Old 01-22-2019, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdoc1 View Post
Enrico, I remember that you mentioned somewhere that you disabled the bottom LED strip lights on your chairs. I am thinking of doing the same thing. How did you disbale them exactly without turning of the cup holder lights? Did you just disconnect the power cable where it meets the led strip? Or somewhere at the controller?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You have to tilt the seat to the front to have access to the armrest. On the bottom of the armrest you will see a piece of fabric that you can open (it has velcro) to access to all the cables and connectors. You will find three 3.5mm female connectors and one of them is the one that sends the power to the LED strip. The other two are for the two cupholders. If the seat has only one armrest, then one of those connectors is not in use.
nonstopdoc1 likes this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 170 Old 01-22-2019, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I paid for my 3 x Octane Flash HR full leather much less than the prices you guys are showing from Wayfair. You have to call TheaterSeatStore and talk to Nick Paunovich to get the best deal and discount. BTW, if you don't know already, TheaterSeatStore is owned by InteriorMark LLC which at the same time owns Octane Seating. Literally, TheaterSeatStore is the storefront of Octane Seating.

Just check the teams of both companies

https://www.interiormark.com/our-team/

https://www.octaneseating.com/about-us

I'd like to see those numbers man!! I called TheaterSeatStore same day I ordered from Wayfair and there were NO discounts available in white (polar) leather match. Price was the same as I paid last year for the same set. So if you don't mind I'd love to see what you paid, which covering/color, and was this maybe dealer pricing? Cause to be honest, that really pisses me off to hear you say that a better deal was available from the company I've already bought from. Thanks Enrico

edit: Wait, I just reread your post. You paid much less for 3x FULL LEATHER seats than I did for 2x Leather Match seats? I'm not gonna call you liar, but that sounds like complete bs.

There's room for ALL of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!

Last edited by Ward216; 01-22-2019 at 05:43 PM.
post #155 of 170 Old 01-23-2019, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'd like to see those numbers man!! I called TheaterSeatStore same day I ordered from Wayfair and there were NO discounts available in white (polar) leather match. Price was the same as I paid last year for the same set. So if you don't mind I'd love to see what you paid, which covering/color, and was this maybe dealer pricing? Cause to be honest, that really pisses me off to hear you say that a better deal was available from the company I've already bought from. Thanks Enrico

edit: Wait, I just reread your post. You paid much less for 3x FULL LEATHER seats than I did for 2x Leather Match seats? I'm not gonna call you liar, but that sounds like complete bs.
I paid less of what you paid "per seat". When I purchased my 3 seats the regular price was $3001 with shipping. I paid for 3 x Octane Flash HR Premium Black Leather + 3 x Black Trays + 5 years extended warranty a total of $2230 shipped. One of the seats came damaged and they shipped me another one free of charge.

post #156 of 170 Old 01-23-2019, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Wayfair just lowered the price for the Dream HR seats I ordered by 200 bucks. I called and they adjusted the price I paid to match the current price. So I paid a little over $1,979.00 for a black leather 3 seat row. Once again the seats were listed as Orren Ellis Power Leather Home Theater Sofa.

E
post #157 of 170 Old 01-24-2019, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Thanks Enrico for breaking that down for me. Now I see what you meant. I did take your advice and I gave Nick a call again just to confirm if any prices had changed over the last few weeks and he confirmed they had not. However, thanks to Eliocon, I was able to call Wayfair and drop the price of my Flex HR chairs by $150. So in the end I made out pretty good for a second time. I think the price difference between the two stores is probably based on selling power. Wayfair has a far broader market than TheaterSeatStore. I was unaware that TSS was the retail outlet for Octane until you pointed that out.

There's room for ALL of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!
post #158 of 170 Old 01-24-2019, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Enrico for breaking that down for me. Now I see what you meant. I did take your advice and I gave Nick a call again just to confirm if any prices had changed over the last few weeks and he confirmed they had not. However, thanks to Eliocon, I was able to call Wayfair and drop the price of my Flex HR chairs by $150. So in the end I made out pretty good for a second time. I think the price difference between the two stores is probably based on selling power. Wayfair has a far broader market than TheaterSeatStore. I was unaware that TSS was the retail outlet for Octane until you pointed that out.
The seats that are sold at Wayfair are made by Octane Seating for Wayfair only. Same with the line that Octane Seating makes exclusively for Best Buy Magnolia over the name of Magnolia Seating which are made by Octane Seating as well.

post #159 of 170 Old 02-03-2019, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 148
For the last few days, the cup holder LED light on one of my chairs wont completely turn off. It dims on pushing the on/off switch but wont completely turn off. Is there any easy/quick fix to it or should I contact the support. Its not a big issue but still annoying.

Maybe @enricoclaudio has any suggestions?

My Build Thread
HT - Seymour Centerstage XD 2.39:1 133" W| JVC X790R | Denon AVR | QSC DPA 4.2 | ATI AT528NC | Procella P8/P5V | Revel C763L | Rythmik FV15HP x2
Living Room - LG OLED 65" | Yamaha 2060 | Monolith 3x200 | KEF Q900 L/R | Paradigm Millenia 20 CC | Polk Surrounds | Monolith 12" Subs x 2
post #160 of 170 Old 02-03-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi. I’m looking for 4 in a row.

Are these the Octanes on wayfair?

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-phbe1122.html

Lmk. Curious what price is considered a good deal and similar to what y’all paid. Thanks
post #161 of 170 Old 02-04-2019, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Also, I sat in the Strata HR series and really liked it. Curious what’s the difference between Strata, Flex and Dream HR line. They look very similar.

It looks like this one below is the Dream?
https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-phbe1118.html

Last edited by Gruson; 02-04-2019 at 05:04 PM.
post #162 of 170 Old 02-09-2019, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Random question, but I'm trying to get a good idea of the measurements/dimensions since none of these Octane models are available in my area for demo and the numbers online seem to be a bit off from what I've heard on this thread.

Anyone with a loveseat config of the Dream HRs or Flash HRs, would you be able to tell me the total width of the loveseat? I'm still trying to decide between these two models.

Also, for anyone who has gotten a row of 4 with a loveseat in the middle, can you confirm whether it's possible to convert that config into a dual-loveseat row?
post #163 of 170 Old 02-09-2019, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concentus7 View Post
Random question, but I'm trying to get a good idea of the measurements/dimensions since none of these Octane models are available in my area for demo and the numbers online seem to be a bit off from what I've heard on this thread.

Anyone with a loveseat config of the Dream HRs or Flash HRs, would you be able to tell me the total width of the loveseat? I'm still trying to decide between these two models.

Also, for anyone who has gotten a row of 4 with a loveseat in the middle, can you confirm whether it's possible to convert that config into a dual-loveseat row?
I have Flash HR. 4 seats with loveseat in the middle. Yes to the second question. I will get back to you with the measurements.

My Build Thread
HT - Seymour Centerstage XD 2.39:1 133" W| JVC X790R | Denon AVR | QSC DPA 4.2 | ATI AT528NC | Procella P8/P5V | Revel C763L | Rythmik FV15HP x2
Living Room - LG OLED 65" | Yamaha 2060 | Monolith 3x200 | KEF Q900 L/R | Paradigm Millenia 20 CC | Polk Surrounds | Monolith 12" Subs x 2
post #164 of 170 Old 02-09-2019, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Dream love seat is just about exactly 5ft wide. I have a 4 seat configuration with center love seat, and all it is is two left arm chairs and two right arm chairs, so yes, it could be arranged as two love seats.
post #165 of 170 Old 02-10-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I have Flash HR. 4 seats with loveseat in the middle. Yes to the second question. I will get back to you with the measurements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamelon View Post
Dream love seat is just about exactly 5ft wide. I have a 4 seat configuration with center love seat, and all it is is two left arm chairs and two right arm chairs, so yes, it could be arranged as two love seats.
Thanks so much for the quick reply, guys! I have a fairly small room, so I'm trying to make sure these models will work okay. I know the difference is probably very minimal, but any information on the width of the Flash HR loveseat is appreciated!
post #166 of 170 Old 02-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks so much for the quick reply, guys! I have a fairly small room, so I'm trying to make sure these models will work okay. I know the difference is probably very minimal, but any information on the width of the Flash HR loveseat is appreciated!
Have you reviewed this?

https://www.theaterseatstore.com/sit...dimensions.pdf

My Build Thread
post #167 of 170 Old 02-11-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Have you reviewed this?

https://www.theaterseatstore.com/sit...dimensions.pdf

Yes, thanks. I think I can recite those documents by heart at this point, lol. I just wanted to confirm from someone who has the seats what the actual dimensions were, since I saw from some accounts that the published dimensions were slightly off in certain models. I think I'm gonna end up going with a dual-loveseat row of the Flash HRs from Wayfair.

Last edited by concentus7; 02-14-2019 at 06:36 AM.
post #168 of 170 Old 02-18-2019, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just got 6 Octane Dreams in from wayfair. Have a weird shaped room, and will be using a 2 seat config back row on 12" riser and a 4 seat front row. Very happy with the quality of the chairs, but so far, it looks like one of them will need to be replaced, as I can't seem to get anything on the electrical to work. Took about 3 1/2 weeks for delivery (little snafu due to polar vortex, I was told)
post #169 of 170 Old 02-20-2019, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, thanks. I think I can recite those documents by heart at this point, lol. I just wanted to confirm from someone who has the seats what the actual dimensions were, since I saw from some accounts that the published dimensions were slightly off in certain models. I think I'm gonna end up going with a dual-loveseat row of the Flash HRs from Wayfair.
I am not sure if you have already placed the order but the dimensions on this sheet are accurate. I measured my loveseat and it is infact 57-58" wide.

My Build Thread
post #170 of 170 Old 02-21-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I am not sure if you have already placed the order but the dimensions on this sheet are accurate. I measured my loveseat and it is infact 57-58" wide.
Much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page