Valencia Theatre seats - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #31 of 46 Old 02-15-2019, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Well worth it!

I looked at a ton of different theater room seating options, trying to find just the right one for my newly built theater room and I have not been disappointed with my decision. This theater seating set is amazing! It was important to me to find seating that had true high-grain breathable leather because I sweat in the crappy bonded stuff. Also, I wanted it to be powered, have a recline and head rest setting as well as some cool lighting. This set not only checked off everything on my list but also has a powered lumbar setting as well.

It is easy to assemble and each piece arrives conveniently in its own box. This was important to me because I was concerned about fitting a full couch through my doorways. Once I had each section in the room they easily slide and attach together. The cup holders light up as well as and beneath the chairs, and I was glad to see that there is a setting to turn off these lights when you want the room nice and dark.

The only issue we had was figuring out how to turn the chairs on once we were ready to use them. The instructions do not indicate this and it took us a while to figure out that the touch panel has to be held down for a couple of seconds before it powers up. It was our millennial-age daughter who informed us of our "duh" moment. My wife and I just kept trying to push it without holding it down. Ha ha. Once we figured this out we were good to go and they have worked perfectly.

I love how close we can place the chairs to the back wall. They only need a few inches of clearance to fully recline. I highly recommend getting the table trays as well. They are super cool looking and can easily be removed when you don't want to use them but we usually just keep them in the slots as they don't really get in the way even if you're not using them. The arm rests have plenty of amble room in them for remote controls, etc. We have found that we regularly keep movie theater-type candy (red hots, milk duds, whoppers, junior mints, even single bags of skinny-pop popcorn, etc.) in the arm rests as well.

My only remaining concern I had before ordering this set was the price. I had found another set for less money that I was tempted to get even though it had less functionality and didn't look quite as cool. In the end the high-grain napa leather and everything else I just described won me over and it has been well worth it! My wife and kids all "dubs" the theater chairs when announce we are going to watch a movie together. These chairs are very comfortable! The company is great to work with and everything arrived a head of schedule. I am very glad I chose this set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3350.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	2526086   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3352.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	2526088   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3359.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	2526090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3360.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	2526092   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3361.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	2526094  

Name:	IMG_3353.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	2526098   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3367.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2526100   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3368.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	2526102   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3369.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	2526104   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3354.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	2526106  

Name:	IMG_3362.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	2526108   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3370.jpg
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	2526110   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3377.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	2526112   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3355.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	2526114   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3363.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	2526116  

Name:	IMG_3371.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	2526118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3356.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	2526120   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3364.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	2526122   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3372.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2526124   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3357.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	2526126  

Name:	IMG_3365.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	2526128   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3374.jpg
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	2526130   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3366.jpg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	2526132   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3375.jpg
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	2526134  
killswitch1968 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 02-16-2019, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiankem View Post
I looked at a ton of different theater room seating options, trying to find just the right one for my newly built theater room and I have not been disappointed with my decision. This theater seating set is amazing! It was important to me to find seating that had true high-grain breathable leather because I sweat in the crappy bonded stuff. Also, I wanted it to be powered, have a recline and head rest setting as well as some cool lighting. This set not only checked off everything on my list but also has a powered lumbar setting as well.

It is easy to assemble and each piece arrives conveniently in its own box. This was important to me because I was concerned about fitting a full couch through my doorways. Once I had each section in the room they easily slide and attach together. The cup holders light up as well as and beneath the chairs, and I was glad to see that there is a setting to turn off these lights when you want the room nice and dark.

The only issue we had was figuring out how to turn the chairs on once we were ready to use them. The instructions do not indicate this and it took us a while to figure out that the touch panel has to be held down for a couple of seconds before it powers up. It was our millennial-age daughter who informed us of our "duh" moment. My wife and I just kept trying to push it without holding it down. Ha ha. Once we figured this out we were good to go and they have worked perfectly.

I love how close we can place the chairs to the back wall. They only need a few inches of clearance to fully recline. I highly recommend getting the table trays as well. They are super cool looking and can easily be removed when you don't want to use them but we usually just keep them in the slots as they don't really get in the way even if you're not using them. The arm rests have plenty of amble room in them for remote controls, etc. We have found that we regularly keep movie theater-type candy (red hots, milk duds, whoppers, junior mints, even single bags of skinny-pop popcorn, etc.) in the arm rests as well.

My only remaining concern I had before ordering this set was the price. I had found another set for less money that I was tempted to get even though it had less functionality and didn't look quite as cool. In the end the high-grain napa leather and everything else I just described won me over and it has been well worth it! My wife and kids all "dubs" the theater chairs when announce we are going to watch a movie together. These chairs are very comfortable! The company is great to work with and everything arrived a head of schedule. I am very glad I chose this set.
Great share. Are you able to DM me photos of how well the lumbar and headrest work? We are looking at the same ones.

Build Thread:https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...m-wet-bar.html
Theatre Room: Samsung UN55KU7000F | Pioneer SP-FS52 x 2 | Polk MC80 x 2
Incoming: JVC DLA-X590RB | 120" Elunevision 4K Reference Tab 2.35:1 | Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Center Channel
post #33 of 46 Old 02-17-2019, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondanis View Post
They have lots of stock on the Tuscany ,, you can confider without center arm rests maybe ,, Eastporters has great service , and delivered in 5 days ( Ontario)
I ordered the Syracuse model (slimmer model to fit 4 chairs, no headrest recline) during their boxing week sale, and I'm still awaiting delivery 7 weeks later (I am in British Columbia, so across the country).

When I ordered, paid extra for white glove service ($225) so they install it for you .. worth it? some weeks I work late shifts so my wife didn't want to have the boxes stuck outside in the rain/snow if I don't get home in time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 46 Old 02-17-2019, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadadry View Post
I ordered the Syracuse model (slimmer model to fit 4 chairs, no headrest recline) during their boxing week sale, and I'm still awaiting delivery 7 weeks later (I am in British Columbia, so across the country).

When I ordered, paid extra for white glove service ($225) so they install it for you .. worth it? some weeks I work late shifts so my wife didn't want to have the boxes stuck outside in the rain/snow if I don't get home in time.

Super easy to put together .
The back and bottom come separately and slide together
Plug and play the controller cables .
They called to set up delivery time and were on time .

as far as 7 weeks , depends on inventory on hand I guess .
post #35 of 46 Old 02-17-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanttom View Post
Great share. Are you able to DM me photos of how well the lumbar and headrest work? We are looking at the same ones.
Just got mine 3 weeks ago
The Lumbar and headrest work great .

As other have noted the headrest could come up more , but 4 inches is better then nothing . Only needed when you fully recline ,
post #36 of 46 Old 02-18-2019, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reviews! How is the height of the headrest? And do they stick out much when retracted?

On some designs I find them low enough that they push a little below my neck onto my shoulder blades (I am 6'3"), just enough to be irritating. Perhaps when retracted it doesn't protrude enough to feel it, but in the pictures it looks like it might.

Thanks,

Eric
post #37 of 46 Old 02-18-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricWT View Post
Thanks for the reviews! How is the height of the headrest? And do they stick out much when retracted?

On some designs I find them low enough that they push a little below my neck onto my shoulder blades (I am 6'3"), just enough to be irritating. Perhaps when retracted it doesn't protrude enough to feel it, but in the pictures it looks like it might.

Thanks,

Eric
The height is generous , I,m 5/11 and when reclined I can scoot back 4 or 5 inches easy
I would post pics but don't know how on here
post #38 of 46 Old 02-18-2019, 10:03 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondanis View Post
The height is generous , I,m 5/11 and when reclined I can scoot back 4 or 5 inches easy
I would post pics but don't know how on here
Great to hear, thanks!

I am in the same boat comparing Eastporters and Costco: lumbar support is very important to me & nicer leather is a bonus; but Costco's return policy is awesome. With these reviews I am thinking I won't need to return

Eric
post #39 of 46 Old 02-18-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricWT View Post
Great to hear, thanks!

I am in the same boat comparing Eastporters and Costco: lumbar support is very important to me & nicer leather is a bonus; but Costco's return policy is awesome. With these reviews I am thinking I won't need to return

Eric

Chris at eastporters was great , helped me out after an incident with my dog ,, good company to deal with .
Also as you mention the costco one has better leather .

The tray tables are worth getting , $$ but usefull
post #40 of 46 Old 02-26-2019, 02:54 PM

Eastporters

https://www.eastporters.com/product/...nappa-leather/

OK , so here is my 2 month review

Purchase experience,, was 10/10

Delivery ,, they scedualled and showed up on time .

Assembly , piece of cake , very easy

Needs 8 inches of rear real estate , so not a true wall away

Initial comfort was stiff by my standards,, but after settling in , its perfect.

If you feel it,s too stiff , inflate the lumbar over night , then let the air out to suit .

This replaced my 4 year old Lazyboy home theater sectional which was literally falling apart . So I got to compare the 2 brands

The Valencia is by far a Superior product to the Laziboy crap I had .

The mechanism and plywood construction of the Valencia is a lot better then the cheap particle board construction of the Laziboy I had . I think it will last a lot better .

My dog damaged one of the cup holders and Eastporters was there to help me with great customer service .

I would recommend the chair and east porters to my friends .

Cheers
Don
killswitch1968 likes this.
post #41 of 46 Old 02-27-2019, 03:41 AM

Accidentally entered programming mode on the cup holder and changed the blue to red , but could not save it ,, the red is better , any one have any luck saving the option ?
post #42 of 46 Old 03-23-2019, 12:18 PM

Liked: 0
If anyone was interested, I ended up switching to the Zurich model because of the smaller width.

Here is a pic of my setup with the center love seat configuration. The total width was 114 in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	zurich.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	2543328  
post #43 of 46 Old 03-23-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan nightingale View Post
if anyone was interested, i ended up switching to the zurich model because of the smaller width.

Here is a pic of my setup with the center love seat configuration. The total width was 114 in.

hopefully it,s more comfortable then it looks, thanks for sharing .
post #44 of 46 Old 04-04-2019, 09:14 PM

I ordered the Valencia Syracuse seats during Boxing Day sale. My room is narrow ~12.5 to 13 feet wide and wanted 4 chairs for my family so opted for the thinner model of chairs (no storage space in arm rests).

Some issues were
(1) delay in receiving order. I live on west coast, but took 3 months for chairs to arrive. I complained about the delay so they gave me free headrest pillows

(2). I paid extra for white glove delivery (so they unpack and install). The delivery company wasn’t aware of it but still did after my wife asked. Unfortunately it was supposed to be a centre love seat configuration, and they installed in dual loveseat configuration. I would change it myself but they took all the manuals for the chairs (company said they would send me PDF but still waiting)

(3). One of the chairs had a faulty AC power adapter. A replacement was sent promptly after I notified them.

(4). One chairs metal bracket to hold the food tray was installed improperly (missing a screw at bottom?) so the tray tilts/toggles because it’s loose. I am still awaiting an official response on how to correct this. I called one technician and he said because the armrests are narrow would be hard to put the proper screw in place (and I don’t know how accessible it is). He suggested wrapping electrical tape around the metal ring stem so it’s a tight fit but again the trays are heavy so it may still tilt.

If the tray bracket issue can’t be fixed easily I don’t know whether to ask for a replacement chair or major discount.

Otherwise I am happy with the chairs reclining mechanism(not too loud) and seems comfortable. The LEDs look cool but when reclined shine on the screen so mostly keep them off when viewing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E15A2D22-B73A-4644-9988-9B6A3BEBD53B_1554437628346.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	2549104   Click image for larger version

Name:	34AD859D-A741-49D7-8FDE-65A633F51EEC_1554437642874.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	2549106   Click image for larger version

Name:	F6A6A901-D200-43F1-AEE3-DE0CD9A83C86_1554437660131.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	2549108   Click image for larger version

Name:	93387B51-0F7D-4358-99BB-31B9E0F5A19E_1554437775007.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	2549112  
post #45 of 46 Old 04-05-2019, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
(1) delay in receiving order. I live on west coast, but took 3 months for chairs to arrive. I complained about the delay so they gave me free headrest pillows
What do you think of the headrest pillows? I found the headrest recline insufficient to support my head and ended up using a pillow anyway, do they give enough support? They look like the end up more in the middle of your neck by the picture?
post #46 of 46 Old 04-05-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch1968 View Post
Quote:
What do you think of the headrest pillows? I found the headrest recline insufficient to support my head and ended up using a pillow anyway, do they give enough support? They look like the end up more in the middle of your neck by the picture?
The headrest pillows are adjustable. They have Velcro on them and give you Velcro adhesive strips to put on the back of the head rest.

I haven’t put on the Velcro strips yet (I probably need more) and figure out whether to put the strips horizontal or vertical on the back of the chair

I liked using the head rest (my chairs have no headrest incline) but my wife felt it was too large for her.

Not sure how much they cost normally. I don’t think I’d pay too much for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page