Valencia Theatre seats - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #61 of 90 Old 05-04-2020, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkinneb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamadr6 View Post
Thank you for your feedback. I’️m hesitant to make a purchase online without ever having sat on the chairs. I don’️t want to be stuck with something that is uncomfortable.
I understand we were the same way and decided to take a weekend trip and try them out first [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

My wife and I find the seats very comfortable even for extended sittings. Typically we watch one or two movies but have done three with no issues. FWIW I am 6'-2" and about 200 my wife is 5'2" and yeah even i'm not dumb enough to publish that LOL
Exactly what make and model you have? Will you be willing to share a picture or two?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 90 Old 05-04-2020, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 1435
Quote:
Exactly what make and model you have? Will you be willing to share a picture or two?
HTmarket Sheffield 4 seats in a ctr love seat configuration with the optional LS arm rest and tablet holder.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P640.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	2720964   Click image for larger version

Name:	P734.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	2720966  

My Theater Build - Full Circle Cinema
post #63 of 90 Old 05-05-2020, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 1758
I ordered some Valencia Venice seats today. I was set to get some Pavillions but wanted the most comfortable chairs vs features/looks. They should be here in a week or so. Looking forward to trying them out!

Blasting brown notes for 20 years and counting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 90 Old 05-10-2020, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Been looking hard at these Valencia Tuscany home theater seats for over a year now and just pulled the trigger on a row of three today during their Mother Day sale. I thought the price of $2,924.99 w/ free shipping was very fair given the quality of everything I have read to date. I will post up a review of these and pictures when they arrive.

Sony VPL-VW285ES Projector / Denon AVR-X6500H Receiver / Aircom T10 Cooling Fan
Sony BDP-S790 3D/Blu-Ray / Sony UBP-X700 4K UHD
Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc / Lexicon LDD-1 Demodulator
Samsung DVD-VR375 DVD/VHS
post #65 of 90 Old 05-13-2020, 03:06 PM

Congratulations on your purchases. Keep me posted and let me know what you think of the quality and value. Pictures will be appreciated. Best of Luck!
post #66 of 90 Old 05-21-2020, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Got mine today, setup and installed. They are really well made it seems. I think my only real gripe is, when they are reclined all the way back, their is too big of a gap between the seat and back. I can easily fit a closed fist on there.

That being said, I will never watch movies totally reclined but it's a weird design choice. As far as I can tell, that's the same on all models since my friend just got his Tuscany's and it's the same thing. Not a deal breaker but weird.

They are very comfortable, a little stiff at first but I know they will break in and if they are this comfortable now, they are going to be awesome in a month. The recline is very quiet and the lights on the bottom could be seen from space lol they are easy enough to unhook so you can just have the cup holder lights on though.

Now I'm just trying to figure out the best way to attach my buttkicker LFEs... I'm thinking front to back 2 x 4 or 2 x 6, drill some holes for some bolts and mount closer to the dront. Not 100% sure yet though.

post #67 of 90 Old 05-22-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Got mine today, setup and installed. They are really well made it seems. I think my only real gripe is, when they are reclined all the way back, their is too big of a gap between the seat and back. I can easily fit a closed fist on there.

That being said, I will never watch movies totally reclined but it's a weird design choice. As far as I can tell, that's the same on all models since my friend just got his Tuscany's and it's the same thing. Not a deal breaker but weird.

They are very comfortable, a little stiff at first but I know they will break in and if they are this comfortable now, they are going to be awesome in a month. The recline is very quiet and the lights on the bottom could be seen from space lol they are easy enough to unhook so you can just have the cup holder lights on though.

Now I'm just trying to figure out the best way to attach my buttkicker LFEs... I'm thinking front to back 2 x 4 or 2 x 6, drill some holes for some bolts and mount closer to the dront. Not 100% sure yet though.
Thank you for the review. I was not aware that they do not have the mounting holes for buttkickers. The gap in between is also a concern. Does it give the proper back support? If you have a chance please post some pictures. Best of luck with them.
post #68 of 90 Old 05-28-2020, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, I found something I absolutely hate about these chairs. The mounting mechanism.... They are impossible to take apart. The crappy little "spring clip" that you have to disengage is 100% stuck on mine because the peg on the opposite chair is fully engaged into the teeth. The spring clip has no where to go to let go of the peg. We have 4 people here and they just won't budge. It's honestly a horrible design, I have no idea what they were thinking. It's so dumb, I think these are going back. This and the huge gap between the seat and backrest is just pure stupidity.

post #69 of 90 Old 05-29-2020, 09:31 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 507 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6671 Post(s)
Liked: 6549
chair back mounting mechanism or other? If it is one chair to another I never use them on any brand.
post #70 of 90 Old 05-29-2020, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
chair back mounting mechanism or other? If it is one chair to another I never use them on any brand.
It was the alligator clips that connect chair to chair. We ended up flipping them over and literally smashing them with a hammer to get the clip to let go. It blows me away how awful the design is. Once they are fully locked in, there's no room for the teeth to move backwards to "unlock" the seat.
I wish I would have gotten 3 separate seats vs the theater style.I have the room.
Valencia phoned me this morning cause I sent a email yesterday and they have absolutely no instructions on how to get the seats apart. Nothing lol like wtf!
I know the Palliser seats I was looking at had the nice slip in hinges. I have no idea what they were thinking with this dumbass setup.

post #71 of 90 Old 05-29-2020, 05:57 PM

Just purchased the Oslo 4 Row +tray , wine caddy’s and a tablet holder.
I will provide feedback and some pictures once I receive them. Right now I’m about 5 weeks from delivery because they are out of stock.
I would appreciate pictures and feedback from anyone that has received delivery.
post #72 of 90 Old 05-29-2020, 08:22 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Quote:
I wish I would have gotten 3 separate seats vs the theater style.I have the room.
the theater style seats with only one armrest that sits next to another and shares an armrest usually doesn't need any attachment, they really don't move around that much. Now that you have the clips off try it. Just set them next to each other.
post #73 of 90 Old 06-01-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
The comments made by N8DOGG are starting to worry me. Hope I made the right decision going with the Oslo Valencia chairs. Have you have had any major issues with Valencia chairs or their customer support?
post #74 of 90 Old 06-01-2020, 04:36 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

No hands on with Valencia. My experience is with Fusion, HTmarket, Palliser, and Jaymar. I would not be concerned about your purchase, I would not use the alligator clips.
post #75 of 90 Old 06-01-2020, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The comments made by N8DOGG are starting to worry me. Hope I made the right decision going with the Oslo Valencia chairs. Have you have had any major issues with Valencia chairs or their customer support?
The actual chairs are very nice and seem really well made, they just have some absolutely crazy dumb things theyve done. It's also possible your chairs don't have the same mounting system mine do. I tried them without locking them in place, you can't, they need the lock to pull the middle section closer to get it right.
I've figured out the best way for the clips. They are absolutely impossible to in clip right side up. You have to flip them over, and wack the release mechanism to get it unstuck. It may free up on one side but won't on the other. You need both sides to unlock to get them apart, which is impossible to do, unless you flip them over very carefully onto their fronts, then get them to release.
Now that I know what to do, it's not as bad, just REALLY dumb. My only other concern is the crazy sized gap between the back and seat when reclined. I can't fathom what they were thinking.

I took a pic and can fit my fist in there at it doesn't touch either piece. At least for me, I never watch movies fully reclined but can see how others would and your butt falls in the giant crack.
That's also not fully reclined.... That's about 3/4 reclined......

Last edited by N8DOGG; 06-01-2020 at 08:04 PM.
post #76 of 90 Old 06-02-2020, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1834 Post(s)
Liked: 2765
N8DOGG

Thanks for sharing your review/thoughts and the pics as well. It really helps members in making their chair buying decisions.

FS: RUIPRO 8K Fiber DisplayPort Cable 33 feet : https://www.avsforum.com/forum/211-a...d-support.html
post #77 of 90 Old 06-02-2020, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
The actual chairs are very nice and seem really well made, they just have some absolutely crazy dumb things theyve done. It's also possible your chairs don't have the same mounting system mine do. I tried them without locking them in place, you can't, they need the lock to pull the middle section closer to get it right.
I've figured out the best way for the clips. They are absolutely impossible to in clip right side up. You have to flip them over, and wack the release mechanism to get it unstuck. It may free up on one side but won't on the other. You need both sides to unlock to get them apart, which is impossible to do, unless you flip them over very carefully onto their fronts, then get them to release.
Now that I know what to do, it's not as bad, just REALLY dumb. My only other concern is the crazy sized gap between the back and seat when reclined. I can't fathom what they were thinking.

I took a pic and can fit my fist in there at it doesn't touch either piece. At least for me, I never watch movies fully reclined but can see how others would and your butt falls in the giant crack.
That's also not fully reclined.... That's about 3/4 reclined......

That gap does not look normal, I'd send it back. Maybe @valenciaseating can join the conversation.
post #78 of 90 Old 06-02-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
No hands on with Valencia. My experience is with Fusion, HTmarket, Palliser, and Jaymar. I would not be concerned about your purchase, I would not use the alligator clips.
Thank you for your feedback. I will stay away from using them.
post #79 of 90 Old 06-02-2020, 10:38 AM

N8DOGG

Thank you for sharing these images. I would definitely contact them and send them these images. Something has to be wrong. What is weird is that all your chairs have the same issue.
post #80 of 90 Old 06-02-2020, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
N8DOGG

Thank you for sharing these images. I would definitely contact them and send them these images. Something has to be wrong. What is weird is that all your chairs have the same issue.
They are clicked in as far as they will go. I sent a message to them, so will see what they say but it could just be this particular model as well. I actually wasn't going to buy
These at first but the salesman as eastporters recommend these ones because I wanted the most comfortable ones. They are pretty comfortable at least.

Edit... Valencia said the gap is normal from their email response.

Last edited by N8DOGG; 06-02-2020 at 12:52 PM.
post #81 of 90 Old 06-09-2020, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hello,

I am looking to get some Home Theatre seats for a dedicated room. Has anyone here used Valencia Piacenza seats? Need one Row of 2 and trying to keep it below $1500 shipped within USA. I spoke with the sales person at Valencia and they mentioned that Piacenza is more wider and comfortable compared to Syracuse. But Syracuse does not require a lot of space. What do you all think? Looking for some feedback and any other options instead of Piacenza?

Thanks
Asad
post #82 of 90 Old 06-28-2020, 10:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiankem View Post
I looked at a ton of different theater room seating options, trying to find just the right one for my newly built theater room and I have not been disappointed with my decision. This theater seating set is amazing! It was important to me to find seating that had true high-grain breathable leather because I sweat in the crappy bonded stuff. Also, I wanted it to be powered, have a recline and head rest setting as well as some cool lighting. This set not only checked off everything on my list but also has a powered lumbar setting as well.

It is easy to assemble and each piece arrives conveniently in its own box. This was important to me because I was concerned about fitting a full couch through my doorways. Once I had each section in the room they easily slide and attach together. The cup holders light up as well as and beneath the chairs, and I was glad to see that there is a setting to turn off these lights when you want the room nice and dark.

The only issue we had was figuring out how to turn the chairs on once we were ready to use them. The instructions do not indicate this and it took us a while to figure out that the touch panel has to be held down for a couple of seconds before it powers up. It was our millennial-age daughter who informed us of our "duh" moment. My wife and I just kept trying to push it without holding it down. Ha ha. Once we figured this out we were good to go and they have worked perfectly.

I love how close we can place the chairs to the back wall. They only need a few inches of clearance to fully recline. I highly recommend getting the table trays as well. They are super cool looking and can easily be removed when you don't want to use them but we usually just keep them in the slots as they don't really get in the way even if you're not using them. The arm rests have plenty of amble room in them for remote controls, etc. We have found that we regularly keep movie theater-type candy (red hots, milk duds, whoppers, junior mints, even single bags of skinny-pop popcorn, etc.) in the arm rests as well.

My only remaining concern I had before ordering this set was the price. I had found another set for less money that I was tempted to get even though it had less functionality and didn't look quite as cool. In the end the high-grain napa leather and everything else I just described won me over and it has been well worth it! My wife and kids all "dubs" the theater chairs when announce we are going to watch a movie together. These chairs are very comfortable! The company is great to work with and everything arrived a head of schedule. I am very glad I chose this set.

Does your theater seating have a big gap when fully reclined?

MY NAME IS SUE!!! HOW DO YOU DO!!!

"I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it."
post #83 of 90 Old 06-29-2020, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbpete View Post
That gap does not look normal, I'd send it back. Maybe @valenciaseating can join the conversation.
Thank you for the feedback! I am happy to hear you enjoyed how comfortable our chair was, but sad to hear about your negative experience. The model you bought is engineered in a way so that it has a bigger gap, which is why there is that big leather flap in the gap to catch anything that falls in. We are planning on updating our Venice and Budapest models to have smaller gaps in the future. Once we get these updated models we will make sure to post them here! We want to keep you guys updated!

For anyone else considering our chairs and are not a fan of the gap, a majority of our models, specifically the Oslo and Tuscany, have much smaller gaps. I have attached 2 photos of the Oslo fully reclined. As you can see from the photos the Oslo has a gap less than an inch. The Tuscany is similar, and has a gap that is about an inch. With any motorized recliner there will be a small gap, so we do our best to make this gap as small as possible!

Regarding your issues with the clip, I am so sorry that has happen. We used to design our chairs without clips, but many of our customers did not like this so we added the clips. If anyone is planning on these getting any of our chairs and does not like the idea of clipping them together, do not clip them. Once again I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our chair! I promise you we take this feedback very seriously and will work on improving our models in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0369.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	2750772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0370.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	2750774  

Last edited by Valencia Theater Seating; 06-30-2020 at 09:26 AM.
post #84 of 90 Old 06-30-2020, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Hello everyone!

Firstly we would like to give you some updates on all of our chairs: we have upgraded our chairs. The 2018 models that are mentioned earlier in this thread are completely different. Our updated 2020 models do not have soft buttons anymore, all of our chairs have mechanical buttons on the side of the arm rest. We have also increased the size of our arm storage!

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel to private message us!
post #85 of 90 Old 06-30-2020, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDennis View Post
Been looking hard at these Valencia Tuscany home theater seats for over a year now and just pulled the trigger on a row of three today during their Mother Day sale. I thought the price of $2,924.99 w/ free shipping was very fair given the quality of everything I have read to date. I will post up a review of these and pictures when they arrive.
Follow-up on my Valencia Tuscany Seats

They arrived in about 3-4 weeks via truck no issues and no box damage. The boxes are huge and will require a second helper to haul them into your TH room unless you are one bad azz (my HT is upstairs). Setup was super easy and required no real skill set unless you are a single digit IQ type beta male.

They look nice and are comfortable to sit in when reclined, not so much when not in a reclining position. I say this because when I sit in them un-reclined I feel as if I need the back to be reclined (too straight up). There is no separate button to recline just the back, it's all or nothing.

Other than that very satisfied with the purchased and I'm sure they will last a long time for me anyway.

One other thing that is not a seat problem is power cords, my seats are in the middle of the room with no floor power so I have to run power from the wall outlet via an extension cord for now. Got to figure out something better for that.

Dennis

Sony VPL-VW285ES Projector / Denon AVR-X6500H Receiver / Aircom T10 Cooling Fan
Sony BDP-S790 3D/Blu-Ray / Sony UBP-X700 4K UHD
Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc / Lexicon LDD-1 Demodulator
Samsung DVD-VR375 DVD/VHS
post #86 of 90 Old 06-30-2020, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I checked the Valencia website. It doesn’t look like there’s a white glove delivery option - can you please confirm? I am thinking of a row of two, but I have to haul them up a flight of curved stairs.
post #87 of 90 Old 06-30-2020, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrackl View Post
I checked the Valencia website. It doesn’t look like there’s a white glove delivery option - can you please confirm? I am thinking of a row of two, but I have to haul them up a flight of curved stairs.
No white glove because of covid. They come in 2 pieces, they were awkward for 1 person on the base but very doable.
You could also just flip the delivery guy a 20$ and they would probably bring them up. It's not like ups, it's a truck freight delivery.

post #88 of 90 Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
No white glove because of covid. They come in 2 pieces, they were awkward for 1 person on the base but very doable.
You could also just flip the delivery guy a 20$ and they would probably bring them up. It's not like ups, it's a truck freight delivery.
Hi, Thanks. Forgot about the COVID

If you don’t mind, few more questions:
- When you say pieces, if I buy a two seater, each comes in it’s own box? Or is it two pieces per seat?
- Would it be better to unbox and carry just the piece upstairs?
- About how heavy are they?

Looks like the Valencia guys are on the forum. Please chime in if you can ... Thanks!
post #89 of 90 Old Yesterday, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:

- When you say pieces, if I buy a two seater, each comes in it’s own box? Or is it two pieces per seat?

Looks like the Valencia guys are on the forum. Please chime in if you can ... Thanks!
Yes, being an owner of the Valencia Tuscany Home Theater Seats. It came in two parts per box, I took each out of the box, and carried each piece separately, it was much easier. The bottom part is heavier, because of the motor components, etc., just be aware.

I also tipped the Freight driver, to bring the boxes inside the Garage, since he had a pallet jack .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Marantz SR7011: 7.4.4 Martin Logan Edges (4: FR/FL/SR/SL) Martin Logan Axis (2: SBL/SBR) Martin Logan Stage X (Center) Martin Logan 1500X Sub (2) Martin Logan 1100X Sub (2) Sonance VP86R SST/SUR (4: Dolby Atmos) JVC NX-7/DaLite 125" 2:35:1 Scope Screen; Paladin DCR

Last edited by Azekecse; Yesterday at 06:22 AM.
post #90 of 90 Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

2 pieces in one box, per seat. Absolutely take them out and carry separately, the boxes are absolutely huge and there's a good chance won't fit though certain doorways.
Chairs are about 100lbs total I think.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page