Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #1 of 46 Old 04-05-2018, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Arrow Valencia Theatre seats

Anyone with experience with this company? I like the look and features of their Tuscany line, but haven't seen any feedback online.

http://valenciatheaterseating.com/theater-seating/tuscany/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 04-05-2018, 08:33 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 400 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5291 Post(s)
Liked: 4889
the bottom of their website

"DESIGNED IN CANADA MADE WITH CARE"

Probably comes from the same short list if Chinese factories as a lot of the seating discussed here, Not that it is a bad thing. If I needed to buy chairs today it would probably be from an internet vendor who has chairs made to their specifications in China.
post #3 of 46 Old 04-05-2018, 08:36 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

here is a web site that says they are designed by Italian crafstman and uses Italian leather. Now I'm worried unless those Italian craftsman who designed the seating live in Canada. Somebody in marketing needs to get their story straight.

https://www.eastporters.com/product/...ona-motorized/

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; 04-05-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 Old 04-05-2018, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Eastporter and costco.ca seem to be the only vendors. Eastporter sell thru bestbuy as well.
post #5 of 46 Old 05-01-2018, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerryan View Post
Eastporter and costco.ca seem to be the only vendors. Eastporter sell thru bestbuy as well.
Maybe they are new, as I haven't found much either. I have been in touch with them, the salesman is certainly not too enthusiastic, but the prices seem right. They do have a showroom in Oakville, if anyone here is close enough to go check it out they have the Valencia models in the showroom (I am 8 hours away!).

bestbuy has a few reviews of Valencia stuff, but it seems almost too overwhelmingly positive on few reviews to seem legit. Costco carries a couple models but no reviews to be had.

I am interested because the free shipping and no exchange rate on top makes it a lot less than the US competitors selling the stuff that looks the same.
post #6 of 46 Old 05-01-2018, 09:02 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

With Costco's liberal return policy it would be worth a try if the price is right. Just be sure to read the description carefully to be sure you are not getting bonded or gel faux leathers on the seating surfaces.
post #7 of 46 Old 08-02-2018, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking at these chairs and there is still not much information out there, apart from a couple of sponsored reviews. Has anyone given these a try yet or seen them in person?
post #8 of 46 Old 08-06-2018, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 2095 Post(s)
Liked: 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
here is a web site that says they are designed by Italian crafstman and uses Italian leather. Now I'm worried unless those Italian craftsman who designed the seating live in Canada. Somebody in marketing needs to get their story straight.

It says top grain 9000 leather on seating surface....I'm assuming that's same thing as real leather???

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
post #9 of 46 Old 08-06-2018, 02:03 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

I've never heard of "Top Grain" applied to an imitation leather product. But there is a first for everything. just so you are aware, when it says leather on the seating surfaces it means that areas like the back and sides of the chair are an imitation product of some kind. My theater seats are what they call leather match. There is a vinyl product used on the the non seating areas, I'm perfectly happy with them and wouldn't hesitate to buy similar chairs in the future.

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; 08-06-2018 at 02:07 PM.
post #10 of 46 Old 08-11-2018, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

When i called the manufacturer, they said they are canadian designs that are made in China. The lady said that Eastporter is mistaken in saying they are italian.

The sample they sent me seemed nice but i dont know what to look for.

I am hoping someone one on avs will get to check them out before i am ready to buy in the fall.
post #11 of 46 Old 08-26-2018, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 199
I pulled the trigger on a row of two Valencia Tuscany seats , I will report back once the seats show up ,ETA 3 weeks .

Mark
post #12 of 46 Old 08-27-2018, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
We bought seven Valencia Verona from Eastporters via Best Buy this past boxing day. Our theater room wasn't ready until a few weeks ago so they were sitting in boxes for months, but we've had a chance to watch a few movies on them. They're nice chairs and seem like they're built well. Couldn't really argue with the price given the alternatives available to Canadians.
post #13 of 46 Old 09-01-2018, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEXXD View Post
We bought seven Valencia Verona from Eastporters via Best Buy this past boxing day. Our theater room wasn't ready until a few weeks ago so they were sitting in boxes for months, but we've had a chance to watch a few movies on them. They're nice chairs and seem like they're built well. Couldn't really argue with the price given the alternatives available to Canadians.
did you get the motorized or manual versions?
post #14 of 46 Old 09-01-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadadry View Post
did you get the motorized or manual versions?
We went with motorized.
post #15 of 46 Old 09-02-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEXXD View Post
We went with motorized.
how do you think they'd work with small children? i have a 4.5 and 2 year old - wife prefer's getting a couch/sectional ...

any advantage ordering via Bestbuy or directly from Eastporters (i got my elunevision screen and JVC projector from them)
post #16 of 46 Old 09-02-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadadry View Post
how do you think they'd work with small children? i have a 4.5 and 2 year old - wife prefer's getting a couch/sectional ...

any advantage ordering via Bestbuy or directly from Eastporters (i got my elunevision screen and JVC projector from them)
I think they'd be fine, but I guess that depends on what you're concerned about. My nephews and niece of various age/size broke them in the other weekend and had no complaints whatsoever.

I also bought an Elunevision and JVC directly from Eastporters. The only reason we bought the chairs through their Best Buy listing was because the price was slightly cheaper for some reason.
post #17 of 46 Old 12-20-2018, 12:17 PM

Liked: 1
getting close to getting these .

guy at eastporters says Costco has cheaper leather and no Lumbar air bag .

Also said they were a Canadian co, sort of implying the chairs were Canadian made lol.

Too bad cause Costco has great return policy if you don't like ,, I was aiming for them but the Lumbar is a big thing for me

any longer term reviews ,, not paid for buy the maker ??
post #18 of 46 Old 12-27-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondanis View Post
getting close to getting these .

guy at eastporters says Costco has cheaper leather and no Lumbar air bag .

Also said they were a Canadian co, sort of implying the chairs were Canadian made lol.

Too bad cause Costco has great return policy if you don't like ,, I was aiming for them but the Lumbar is a big thing for me

any longer term reviews ,, not paid for buy the maker ??
yah, I contacted them as well about differences between the Pavillion model (shown on costco.ca) which looks similar to the Tuscany model and they also mentioned the lumbar support issue. My room is only 13 feet wide, so the Tuscany 4 seater with loveseat is a tight fit. They have a more modern Zurich model also with motorized head rest that is a little skinnier, and some of their cheaper models without automated head rest (Syracuse, Verona, Pisa) are also a little less wide.
post #19 of 46 Old 12-28-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
I pulled the trigger on a row of two Valencia Tuscany seats , I will report back once the seats show up ,ETA 3 weeks .

Mark

So how are they ?
post #20 of 46 Old 12-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
So how are they ?
The seats are great , leather is very nice , motors are very quite and the chairs seem like they are well made , very comfortable for me and my wife , the seat leather did make a loud rubbing noise when reclining but I applied mink oil at the leather on leather contact points and the noise is gone ,may or may not have to re apply mink oil ,but it has been several months with no noise .

Mark
post #21 of 46 Old 01-04-2019, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Unhappy

Quote:
So how are they ?
Comprehensive review of these seats for other would-be buyers, I've had them for about 2 weeks:

VALENCIA - TUSCANY LINE HOME THEATER SEATS, Row of 4 with armrests a piece.

These are pretty close to the top of the line home theater seats you can get. They have a high price point relative to other seats per chair, so I expected a lot. I mostly purchased these because I wanted the lumbar support and motorized headrest, which few chairs seem to offer.

Right away there were some issues that worried me. About 3 nuts had come loose during shipment. I figured out where they were supposed to be and fixed them back to the armrest support where they were supposed to be, but the 3rd went missing and I had to go to the hardware store to get a replacement. There was a small amount of peeling off one of the vinyl armrest as well I noticed. Small, but if my kids ever see it they won't be able to resist stripping a chunk right off unless I repair it.

The buttons are all soft touch, nothing mechanical. They work well and the lock feature is nice. But because there is some software involved I had to actually unplug and replug in the chairs a couple times because the LED buttons locked & refused to function!

The leather quality itself seems ok, but the true test will be 1-2 years down the road. It's firmer than I expected and not as plush as other leather seats I've used. The foot recline works well but is locked in with the head recline. So if you want your head up and your feet up that's a no-go, You can get the foot rest part of the way up before the head starts to recline back. This is just not comfortable to watch a movie, you need your head supported. This is where the powered headrest comes in, right? Well, not really. The headrest pushes forward rather that tilting forward. At max incline it wasn't comfortable enough for me and I have to use a pillow to support my head better to watch a show. Also when fully reclined the top part of the chair and the seat actually separate a bit. Not so much that you 'fall' in, but large enough you actually notice a draft. The lumbar support works well. It's slow but has a big range of support. However I found no support was really needed.

The LED lights are a nuisance at best. I don't know how this became fashionable for home theaters but it's silly. The only benefit I can see is to find your chair in a dark room. But when they lights are on you can't see them at the foot of the seat unless it's reclined at least a bit. And then when you do start to recline, the the light from the chairs splash on to the screen, so you don't want them on when watching a movie anyway. You can switch off the lights with a quick with the push of a button but frankly I wish I could disable them altogether. The buttons themselves are a bright blue. Attractive, but distracting when watching a movie. Fortunately you can turn off the chair when you have it set the way you want it. But as soon as you turn on the chair if you want to get up or adjust the headrest/footrest, the footrest LED lights turn on showering the screen in blue again.

But the biggest aggravation by far is the soft-touch recline/headrest buttons can get screwed up. I think if you accidentally hit 2 buttons at once (easy to do, they are soft buttons not tactile) it goes into some weird diagnostic mode and the chair becomes unresponsive, I took a video:
. I actually called their support hotline and they told me I have to unplug and plug in the chairs to reset it. This has happened 5-6 times.

The chairs look great. The leather looks beautiful so does the diamond pattern. There's a plastic disc that covers the stainless steel spring mechanism for the tray/wine holder accessories. These were very hard to pry off and at first I thought they were part of the chairs.

For the price I think I would have gone another direction. However these days it's hard to find a way to demo this kind of seating so I had to rely on word of mouth from others. It's not a catastrophe, one I get myself reclined and a pillow behind my head I'm good for the couple hours it takes to watch a movie, I just had higher expectations.
BAMABLUHD likes this.

Last edited by killswitch1968; 01-15-2019 at 05:26 PM.
post #22 of 46 Old 01-05-2019, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch1968 View Post
Comprehensive review of these seats for other would-be buyers, I've had them for about 2 weeks:

These are pretty close to the top of the line home theater seats you can get. They have a high price point relative to other seats per chair, so I expected a lot. I mostly purchased these because I wanted the lumbar support and motorized headrest, which few chairs seem to offer.

Right away there were some issues that worried me. About 3 nuts had come loose during shipment. I figured out where they were supposed to be and fixed them back to the armrest support where they were supposed to be, but the 3rd went missing and I had to go to the hardware store to get a replacement. There was a small amount of peeling off one of the vinyl armrest as well I noticed. Small, but if my kids ever see it they won't be able to resist stripping a chunk right off unless I repair it.

The buttons are all soft touch, nothing mechanical. They work well and the lock feature is nice. But because there is some software involved I had to actually unplug and replug in the chairs a couple times because the LED buttons locked & refused to function!

The leather quality itself seems ok, but the true test will be 1-2 years down the road. It's firmer than I expected and not as plush as other leather seats I've used. The foot recline works well but is locked in with the head recline. So if you want your head up and your feet up that's a no-go, You can get the foot rest part of the way up before the head starts to recline back. This is just not comfortable to watch a movie, you need your head supported. This is where the powered headrest comes in, right? Well, not really. The headrest pushes forward rather that tilting forward. At max incline it wasn't comfortable enough for me and I have to use a pillow to support my head better to watch a show. The lumbar support works well. It's slow but has a big range of support. However I found no support was really needed.

The LED lights are a nuisance at best. I don't know how this became fashionable for home theaters but it's silly. The only benefit I can see is to find your chair in a dark room. But the light from the chairs are going to splash on to the screen, so you don't want them on when watching a movie anyway. The lights turn on as soon as you turn on the seats, even if you just want to recline. This is for both the blue LEDs on the cup holder and bottom of the foot rest. If the foot rest is extended however, turning on the seat showers the screen in blue light. You can switch it off quick with the push of a button but frankly I wish I could disable them altogether.

The chairs look great. The leather looks beautiful so does the diamond pattern. It does have one glaring eye sore, and that's the large plastic button that houses the spring mechanism for the accessories like the wine glass holder and tray table. I'm shocked everything else looks so good and these look so terrible.

For the price I think I would have gone another direction. However these days it's hard to find a way to demo this kind of seating so I had to rely on word of mouth from others. It's not a catastrophe, one I get myself reclined and a pillow behind my head I'm good for the couple hours it takes to watch a movie, I just had higher expectations.

Getting mine on Monday , but ,, you mention viynal armrest

''Our premium Valencia Tuscany seats would not be complete without Top Grain Nappa 11000 leather. This means that only top grain leather is used for seating surface and armrest. ''

Armrest should be leather

Also the headrest seam to disappoint ,, ''perfect head position to view the screen ''.

will know on Tuesday

Thanks for the detailed report

BTW , I priced a few chairs around town,, and these are a lot cheaper ,, hopefully not to cheaply made . ( Laziboy running at 2500 for leather power )
post #23 of 46 Old 01-08-2019, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to point out and confirm a few things to get some confusion out of this thread and to hopefully help.

Quote:
It does have one glaring eye sore, and that's the large plastic button that houses the spring mechanism for the accessories like the wine glass holder and tray table. I'm shocked everything else looks so good and these look so terrible.
This is actually the cover that you're supposed to take off when you unpack the seat, if you're not seeing stainless steel, it means you haven't taken the protective plastic off. Take that plastic cover off and it'll look as great as the rest of the chair to line up with how good you thought the seat overall looks .

Quote:
Our premium Valencia Tuscany seats would not be complete without Top Grain Nappa 11000 leather. This means that only top grain leather is used for seating surface and armrest.
Definitely seating surface and the armrest is real leather as the description on the site says.

As far as the buttons, there is a lock mechanism for the buttons that you activate/deactivate so that you don't press them by accident while watching a movie. The way I use it is after setting it up the way I want, I lock the buttons so they don't get accidentally pressed when I'm reaching for the drink in the cupholder, etc. If you tap the power button, then it goes red, this means all other buttons are locked, and this is so you don't accidentally hit the buttons while watching a movie. You can also press and hold the power button to completely shut off the cupholder and buttons.
post #24 of 46 Old 01-08-2019, 03:30 PM

A FYI

Instruction are in the armrest in the box

They tell you how to open the box .

DON"T USE A KNIFE should be printed on the outside of the box .

There is no or very little space , using a knife could be bad .

I did not cut anything but was close .
post #25 of 46 Old 01-08-2019, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Valencia Zurich

Has anyone bought the Zurich model? I see lots on the Tuscany but minimal on the Zurich.
I wanted to get some feedback on this model after some real world usage.

I had ordered a set of 4 on boxing day but they are back ordered 6 weeks so I'm wondering if they are worth the wait or if I should just cancel. The tuscany was a bit wide for the setup I have.

Any feedback is appreciated.
post #26 of 46 Old 01-09-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Nightingale View Post
Has anyone bought the Zurich model? I see lots on the Tuscany but minimal on the Zurich.
I wanted to get some feedback on this model after some real world usage.

I had ordered a set of 4 on boxing day but they are back ordered 6 weeks so I'm wondering if they are worth the wait or if I should just cancel. The tuscany was a bit wide for the setup I have.

Any feedback is appreciated.

They have lots of stock on the Tuscany ,, you can confider without center arm rests maybe ,, Eastporters has great service , and delivered in 5 days ( Ontario)
post #27 of 46 Old 01-15-2019, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

The leather quality itself seems ok, but the true test will be 1-2 years down the road. It's firmer than I expected and not as plush as other leather seats I've used. The foot recline works well but is locked in with the head recline. So if you want your head up and your feet up that's a no-go, You can get the foot rest part of the way up before the head starts to recline back. This is just not comfortable to watch a movie, you need your head supported. This is where the powered headrest comes in, right? Well, not really. The headrest pushes forward rather that tilting forward. At max incline it wasn't comfortable enough for me and I have to use a pillow to support my head better to watch a show. Also when fully reclined the top part of the chair and the seat actually separate a bit. Not so much that you 'fall' in, but large enough you actually notice a draft. The lumbar support works well. It's slow but has a big range of support. However I found no support was really needed.

The LED lights are a nuisance at best. I don't know how this became fashionable for home theaters but it's silly. The only benefit I can see is to find your chair in a dark room. But when they lights are on you can't see them at the foot of the seat unless it's reclined at least a bit. And then when you do start to recline, the the light from the chairs splash on to the screen, so you don't want them on when watching a movie anyway. You can switch off the lights with a quick with the push of a button but frankly I wish I could disable them altogether. The buttons themselves are a bright blue. Attractive, but distracting when watching a movie. Fortunately you can turn off the chair when you have it set the way you want it. But as soon as you turn on the chair if you want to get up or adjust the headrest/footrest, the footrest LED lights turn on showering the screen in blue again.

But the biggest aggravation by far is the soft-touch recline/headrest buttons can get screwed up. I think if you accidentally hit 2 buttons at once (easy to do, they are soft buttons not tactile) it goes into some weird diagnostic mode and the chair becomes unresponsive, I took a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0cyC8S0ZM8 . I actually called their support hotline and they told me I have to unplug and plug in the chairs to reset it. This has happened 5-6 times.

The chairs look great. The leather looks beautiful so does the diamond pattern. There's a plastic disc that covers the stainless steel spring mechanism for the tray/wine holder accessories. These were very hard to pry off and at first I thought they were part of the chairs.

Could you post a video of the headrest & foot rest in use? I want to order these too, but your comments make me weary that they will do what I want. While a paid video, this video on YT shows that the headrest pushes forward even in recline...

Build Thread:https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...m-wet-bar.html
Theatre Room: Samsung UN55KU7000F | Pioneer SP-FS52 x 2 | Polk MC80 x 2
Incoming: JVC DLA-X590RB | 120" Elunevision 4K Reference Tab 2.35:1 | Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Center Channel

Last edited by phanttom; 01-15-2019 at 11:12 PM.
post #28 of 46 Old 01-16-2019, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanttom View Post
Could you post a video of the headrest & foot rest in use? I want to order these too, but your comments make me weary that they will do what I want. While a paid video, this video on YT shows that the headrest pushes forward even in recline...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR0jigdMo_s

The headrest does move forward but in an arc . so it travels about 6 inches but only 2 inches out sort of deal , giving the illusion it doesn't. It could be better , but it is better then other brands .

The final recline is far Superior to anything out there . I spent a lot of time going to the Brick, Best Buy , Costco , and Lazi boy ,, all their power chairs don't go all the way back.

Price point ,, you won't find Leather anywhere near this price , A single leather , powered chair a Laziboy was over 3k.

Build ,, I just got rid of a 4 year old laziboy ,, the construction was particle board ( flake board) ,, These Tuscany chair are plywood , far superior construction .

Comfort ,, I am 160 pounds and find them on the firm side . The middle is over padded and makes the bolsters useless . I think this will get better with time .

I have back problems,, so comfort does not come easy for me,, that said , being in the firm chair does not aggrevate my sore back, so it most be good
I bought directly from eastporters . they had great service and 5 day turn around , and they price matched other stores .

Safety,,, these do not have a breakaway like Laziboy , crush hazard,, edit ,, the bottom front panel is spring loaded , but the metal mechanism is not .

Last edited by Dondanis; 01-17-2019 at 04:01 AM.
post #29 of 46 Old 01-16-2019, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanttom View Post
Could you post a video of the headrest & foot rest in use? I want to order these too, but your comments make me weary that they will do what I want. While a paid video, this video on YT shows that the headrest pushes forward even in recline...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR0jigdMo_s
Here's a picture of the chair full reclined, and then reclined with the headrest in full tilt.

https://imgur.com/a/4rHYd1v

I didn't have anyone around to take a picture, but the angle isn't adequate to watch movies. I need a pillow too, which kind of defeats the purpose of a motorized headrest.

As a compromise you can adjust the recline a bit so it's not so flat, but because the foot recline and back recline are connected if you want full foot recline your back will recline some as well.
post #30 of 46 Old 01-16-2019, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Here's a picture of the chair full reclined, and then reclined with the headrest in full tilt.

https://imgur.com/a/4rHYd1v

I didn't have anyone around to take a picture, but the angle isn't adequate to watch movies. I need a pillow too, which kind of defeats the purpose of a motorized headrest.

As a compromise you can adjust the recline a bit so it's not so flat, but because the foot recline and back recline are connected if you want full foot recline your back will recline some as well.
Thanks! Those photos are perfect. As our chairs will be up 12" on our raised area (regular sofa on the floor), we would never have the chairs reclined that far back, more like 30 degrees or so. As such, I think the headrest will work for our use. I believe you can order an extra headrest cushion from Eastporters. I know it's available for the Theater One seating line.

Build Thread:https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...m-wet-bar.html
Theatre Room: Samsung UN55KU7000F | Pioneer SP-FS52 x 2 | Polk MC80 x 2
Incoming: JVC DLA-X590RB | 120" Elunevision 4K Reference Tab 2.35:1 | Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Center Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page