LED Poster Frame/Light Box: Hiding or Recessing Cords and PS - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-25-2019, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 53
LED Poster Frame/Light Box: Hiding or Recessing Cords and PS

I have two LED backlit poster frames and just purchased four more. Each of them has a short 12v power cable "dongle" coming out of the bottom corner of the frame. There is a "power brick" that converts line voltage to 12v. A standard 2 prong power cord goes into one end of the brick and a longer 12v cable goes out from the other and attaches to the frame "dongle".

Here's a picture, I hope of a very similar frame with very similar cables.

I'm having some work done on my HT room and would like to hide the cables and was hoping that folks on this board might have some ideas how to do that. I could recess a power receptacle behind the poster, but it would have to be pretty big to fit the power cable and brick. Any other thoughts? Pictures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-25-2019, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulP View Post
I have two LED backlit poster frames and just purchased four more. Each of them has a short 12v power cable "dongle" coming out of the bottom corner of the frame. There is a "power brick" that converts line voltage to 12v. A standard 2 prong power cord goes into one end of the brick and a longer 12v cable goes out from the other and attaches to the frame "dongle".

Here's a picture, I hope of a very similar frame with very similar cables.

I'm having some work done on my HT room and would like to hide the cables and was hoping that folks on this board might have some ideas how to do that. I could recess a power receptacle behind the poster, but it would have to be pretty big to fit the power cable and brick. Any other thoughts? Pictures?
I don't know how deep you need for the PS, but something like this might work:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/CARLON-3-Ga...al-Box/3421352

The heading says low voltage, but the description said dual voltage, and it has a picture of an outlet, so it should be able to handle 110v.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-26-2019, 05:43 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 400 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5291 Post(s)
Liked: 4889
do something like this, a big recessed box behind the poster, cut the plug end off the power cord leaving 6-8 inches. Use twister nuts to connect the power cord bare wire to Romex in the box. Stuff everything in the box and hang the poster. If you need more room they make 3 and 4 gang old work boxes.

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; 03-26-2019 at 05:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-06-2019, 09:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Quoted: 1869 Post(s)
Liked: 741
You float them off of the wall, by a couple of vertical boards, which would effectively would hide the new electrical outlet and the power brick.

That would give you an open top and bottom, for any needed cooling of the power brick (which appears to be ventilated).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page