Please help me find camera to catch a thief/predator. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-27-2019, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Exclamation Please help me find camera to catch a thief/predator.

Hello guys I am new here . Not sure if I am posting in the right section but I really need someones help to make decision I figure this is a good site to ask.

While back I was alone at my home drinking beer around midnight I was really drunk already but then I decided to eat something and when I was eating I hear bang on my door I remember walking into my hallway and I blacked out. Problem was I must have opened the door next morning I found evidence that food I was eating was slightly on my hands when I unlocked the handle. To this day I'm still not sure what happened my tooth was broken and felt punch to my back. It's scary to think what could have possibly happened in my apartment that night. That same day I did fall on my back off my skateboard I'm not sure if that was from that. Now I just can't seem to move on past this. My drinking only got worse . I did however catch some weird guy by my door once when I looked into the peephole he ran down so fast I wasn't sure what to do. Now I let things chill a bit and I want to buy some kind of small camera I can place over my peep hole on my door or some go pro or something to catch this subhuman scum. I really hope you guys can advice. Please don't tell me to go to cops because some time has passed already and most of the things in apartment have been moved around quite much. Anyways I hope to hear some good answers thank you again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-28-2019, 06:13 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 409 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5489 Post(s)
Liked: 5075
https://shop.ring.com/pages/door-view-cam

This is a new model soon to be released. For $30 a year they will store all the events on their cloud for viewing. Assuming you have a wifi connection. I have the regular model. You can view your videos and live view with any device with their app.

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; 03-28-2019 at 06:17 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-28-2019, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 112
There has been a lot of advertising for "body cams" lately. They're very small so perfect for your use. There are also many different IP cameras on the market with both motion and audio sensing. My mother-in-law was in assisted-living with slight alzheimer's. She kept getting her TV messed up requiring a trip to her apartment to fix. We bought an IP camera which had audio/motion sensing and also 2-way audio so we could talk to her. It was only $50 and very easy to setup. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
apartment , camera , catch , peephole , thief.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page