Help with Theater Seating - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-02-2019, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help with Theater Seating

(reposted on this forum per feedback) I have looked and can't find any posts on these seats.

I am looking for some advice on selecting the seating for our theater (layout in the attached. please ignore the couches there, they were put in for reference. the wood looking flooring in the back represents the 6" raised platform we put in). I will post some other questions in other forums regarding screens, projectors and speakers.

1. Looking at the Octane PilotXS750 (still deciding between the normal bonded or top grain leather, but leaning towards the top grain) because of their width. I can fit 100" in the front row and 110" in the rear comfortably. I was hoping to get 4 seats in each row. Does anyone know if there are other options?

2. What is the general opinion of the Octane seats? I can't see them in a store so would have to buy them without seeing them.

Any help or thoughts folks can offer would be very much appreciated! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plan 2 - Ground Floor.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	2574898  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-02-2019, 06:28 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5848 Post(s)
Liked: 5419
never ever bonded leather if you are expecting more than a couple years of use. Are there any theater showrooms near you?
post #3 of 7 Old 06-03-2019, 05:29 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
I can fit 100" in the front row and 110" in the rear comfortably. I was hoping to get 4 seats in each row. Does anyone know if there are other options?
Check our Fusion Collection Jive-1013 recliners.

You can do the following:

100" space:
IOOOOI - 97.5" wide. If you can stretch it to 104", you can do IOOIOOI - 103.25" wide

110" space:
IOIOOIOI - 109" wide

We stock these in both full bonded leather, and top grain leather/vinyl combo.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment

Last edited by rsh; 06-03-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-03-2019, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschaedig View Post
(reposted on this forum per feedback) I have looked and can't find any posts on these seats.

I am looking for some advice on selecting the seating for our theater (layout in the attached. please ignore the couches there, they were put in for reference. the wood looking flooring in the back represents the 6" raised platform we put in). I will post some other questions in other forums regarding screens, projectors and speakers.

1. Looking at the Octane PilotXS750 (still deciding between the normal bonded or top grain leather, but leaning towards the top grain) because of their width. I can fit 100" in the front row and 110" in the rear comfortably. I was hoping to get 4 seats in each row. Does anyone know if there are other options?

2. What is the general opinion of the Octane seats? I can't see them in a store so would have to buy them without seeing them.

Any help or thoughts folks can offer would be very much appreciated! Thanks
That's pretty tight spacing, I would go 3 seats in front row and do a normal row of seats with arms and for second row do a double loveseat config.
You still would get 7 seats. Trying to cram one more seat will sacrifice comfort for everybody.

So first row |_|_|_|

2nd row |_ _|_ _ |

We have 3 options one in bonded HT Design Paget and HT Design Warwick in top grain leather and HT Design Belmont Power headrest spacesaver in top grain leather.

Row of 3 is 90.5"
Row of 4 double loveseat is 109"

You could do sofa front row 4 seats but it's 104 wide.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #5 of 7 Old 06-03-2019, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
never ever bonded leather if you are expecting more than a couple years of use. Are there any theater showrooms near you?
I dont know that there are any good ones, but I am in Northern VA like you, so perhaps you know of a good place to go?
post #6 of 7 Old 06-04-2019, 09:36 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5848 Post(s)
Liked: 5419
You are a long day trip from Rtheaters warehouse which is an hour north of Philly. Roman has the Fusion line on "display" in his warehouse. I'd make an appointment because it is a warehouse, not a drop in anytime showroom.

In Glen Burnie The Big Screen store shares space with The Sofa Store and they carry Palliser with some on display. If you are heading to the beach this summer Johnny Janosik furniture in laurel MD usually has some recliners on the floor. It has been over a couple of years since I stopped in.

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; 06-04-2019 at 10:56 AM.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-04-2019, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschaedig View Post
I dont know that there are any good ones, but I am in Northern VA like you, so perhaps you know of a good place to go?
If you are in NOVA, there is a Big Screen store in Sterling and Fairfax, I believe Sterling had a slightly larger collection of the Palliser line compared to Fairfax. You might want to check out Belfort and Havertys as well, both carry home theater chairs by some manufacturers that are not discussed on these boards. I'm not sure of their quality, but they seemed decent in the show rooms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page