Wifi Bulbs or Wifi Dimmers for installed recessed lighting - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-14-2019, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Wifi Bulbs or Wifi Dimmers for installed recessed lighting

I have been looking and testing a Lifx wifi BR30 bulb for my theater. I like it and it works well however I have 11 recessed BR30 bulbs for my main cans, then another 10 for soffit accent lights and yet another 4 for sconce lights. If I went wifi bulbs for all of these it would cost a small fortune. My open is to use my existing lights and switch out the dimmer switches (6 total). they are connected to. Much, much cheaper but need a good brand, that is black and can fully integrate to my remote (harmony) or at min from my iphone in a control pannel type page. Any ideas and product recommendations.

Jim Parys is Living the dream...
La Sirena III Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2019, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I like the Lutron Caseta wireless dimmers. They work great however you will need a Lutron hub to control them. If you want to be able to add more smart devices I reccoment smarthings hub however the Lutron dimers will still require the Lutron hub. I found one online relatively cheap and once you have them setup you can use the smart things hub to control your Lutron devices as well. But then again if your goal is only to control your lights then the Lutron hub would be all you need along with the switches of course.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-18-2019, 12:04 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5550 Post(s)
Liked: 5141
I like Insteon dimmer products but they no longer come in black. Just another tibit if you are running 6 dimmer switches for a theater space, you can put the switches outside the theater and link them with a single multi button switch in the theater. Unfortunately the 6 and 8 button switches I've used in the past no longer come in black either.

this single gang multi button switch by the side of the door controls 6 or so white dimmers outside the theater in an adjacent equipment room. From the White Oaks project thread.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coFyX5q.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	945.1 KB
ID:	2581674  

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; 06-18-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page