4Likes
  • 4 Post By BIGmouthinDC

post #1 of 6 Old 08-23-2019, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Seats with Built on Risers

Are there any alternatives to Seatcraft and Octane? Right now I'm looking at the Octane Flex HR.

This will be for my back row. For my front row I have the Valencia Tuscany seats and they're great so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-23-2019, 05:23 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 428 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5717 Post(s)
Liked: 5281
Build a riser is the most often used alternative. I see HTmarket now sells pre-made risers if you lack the skills. A lot of theaters I've worked on require a vertical lift much higher than what the second row seating alternatives provide. It is a function of screen size, placement of the screen vertically and the distances of the two+ rows from the screen. It is geometry. There is a good online calculator to see what you need and I use it all the time. http://www.diymovierooms.com/Home-Th...s/Riser-Height

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; 08-23-2019 at 05:29 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-23-2019, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
Build a riser is the most often used alternative. I see HTmarket now sells pre-made risers if you lack the skills. A lot of theaters I've worked on require a vertical lift much higher than what the second row seating alternatives provide. It is a function of screen size, placement of the screen vertically and the distances of the two+ rows from the screen. It is geometry. There is a good online calculator to see what you need and I use it all the time. http://www.diymovierooms.com/Home-Th...s/Riser-Height
We have a new riser system either 8 or 12 high, ships assembled in sections of 24 inch wide and 82" deep and then goes together using pocket holes. Made all hardwood with finished sides. It's made for someone who does not want to make themselves or for people that have contractors overcharge on things like this. Had a guy the other day in showroom said his contractor wanted 5k for a riser build.

As for the seats with risers, I don't like them much as it's hard for a person to get in and out of the chair when it's so high up no step up to chair.

Regards,
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-23-2019, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
The problem I'm running into is that I'm limited on space because my entrance to the theater is at the rear. I was told that the riser should be 6 feet deep by code?
post #5 of 6 Old 08-23-2019, 11:50 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

To my knowledge there is no such code. But anything less than 6 1/2 ft won't allow for fully reclining your seats. If you are space constrained you should cross reclining theater seats off the list, maybe get quality bolt down home theater rockers.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-23-2019, 11:54 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
As for the seats with risers, I don't like them much as it's hard for a person to get in and out of the chair when it's so high up no step up to chair.

rsh, rjmcinnis, HTmarket and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page