infrared IR blaster - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-17-2019, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 1
infrared IR blaster

Hey Guys , My AV receiver , OPPO and maybe some other devices )Z8 box) will be located in a dedicated AV rack in a room outside of my main theater room.

What do i need in order to allow remote control to work in my theater room while pointing at my screen and not the receiver?

IR blaster or something similar? Just want to make sure if i need to run cables i do it before drywall goes up......

thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-18-2019, 06:26 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 161
There are several ways of doing it:

1. old fashion one - place the IR receiver on the screen wall somewhere where you want to point your remote controls, and run an extension cable from there to your equipment rack location. You would need to have a distribution block there where all the IR emitters or blaster will be connected to.
2. get a universal remote control that sends the signal using RF (no wires needed, no pointing to the screen needed).
3. use your local network, and control all your equipment, lighting, etc using your iPhone or iPadt. You would need to purchase the app, something like SimpleControl, as well as their Simple Blaster/emitter unit. Most of the modern AV equipment (receivers, BLU RAY players, Projectors) today can be control via network using their IPs, and SimpleControl supports it, and have a large database of supported devices. the Legacy devices can be controlled via Simple Blaster unit. Programing is very easy. Depending on the number of devices you need to control, there is a yearly fee for that.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #3 of 3 Old 09-18-2019, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 114
I think a Harmony Remote with Hub will do the trick. I'm sure there are other options as well.

7.4.4 Theater Room: JVC-RS46U, Silver Ticket AT 2.35:1 142”, Onkyo RZ830, Anthem PVA-7, Panasonic DBT-110, JBL Studio 270’s, 4 - 15" DIY Sealed Subs

3.1 Living Room: Samsung 64” F8500 Plasma, Anthem MRX 300, Dynaudio Audience 52’s, Dynaudio Audience 122C, NHT SubOne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page