Comfortable home theater power recliners - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-18-2019, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Red face Comfortable home theater power recliners

I have been following the forums here for many years, but this is the first time I post.
I finally got a full room I can devote exclusively to home theater and get seating exclusively for it. I want to get one of those nice leather power recliners for home theater.

My main objective is to get something very comfortable. I would like the seats to have powered lumbar and headrest support. I am not sure whether the leather grade has an impact on comfort. If it doesn't I wouldn't mind get something cheaper there, but if it does I would like for whatever is most comfortable. My wife and I and most of my friends are on the short side of the scale so I don't care for big seats and I would rather prefer something comfortable for people between 5'1 and 5'8.

I have been looking at the seats at 4seating and htmarket but it is hard to make a choice. I just know I want something comfortable and with a relatively simplistic / discrete style.

Size is not too much of a concern but I would like to stay below 95 inches for a 3 seater.

Any suggestions? I appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-18-2019, 06:05 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 163
You may also check out Fusion Collection Theater Seating:

all these chairs will have power recline, and

Tribute-1015 has manually adjustable headrest
Streamline-1017 has motorized lumbar support
Escape-1019 has motorized headrest

and out newest Landmark-1021 will have all 3 motored features: recline, headrest, lumba support.

All these chairs are all extremely comfortable, and you can read all about our chairs here on the forum from many, many folks who have them, but because the comfort is very subjective and personal, it is impossible to predict which specific chair/model you will find the most comfortable for you. As a matter of fact your wife may find one chair to be more comfortable for her, and you may possibly agree or discharge with her. There is no way to say which one, unless you have them all in one place to compare. I would invite you to visit our show room to try them all, but it looks like you are on the other side of the country

If you are every on the east cost you are welcome to come and try the chairs for yourself in our Bridgewater, NJ warehouse. If not, I doubt you would regret choosing one style group over another...

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #3 of 4 Old 10-18-2019, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks! They look very nice too.

You make very good points. The first one is trying them out. Yes, I would love to try them out. It is hard to find showrooms for this kind of furniture in Seattle. Not many options. Seems that most showrooms are in the east coast or California.

Also, I agree that comfort is subjective. I think in general my wife and I agree that something comfortable would be: soft, not squeaky, and not so slippery that you slide involuntarily when seated.

That said, I would like to check the Landmark. Is it already on the website? I couldn't find it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-18-2019, 12:52 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
I would like to check the Landmark. Is it already on the website? I couldn't find it.
Not yet, but will be there in a few weeks. Meanwhile you can check this thread (post #1826 and #1849_ here:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-th...-roman-46.html

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
seating htmarket seatcraft

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page